Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Neo Ultra Q (Blu-ray)
$8.99
1 day ago
Rita Hayworth: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
16 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Krull (Blu-ray)
$5.99
1 day ago
Hammer Films: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$45.99

Ultraman Taro: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Tombstone (Blu-ray)
$5.99
11 hrs ago
Wrong Turn (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Jiang Ziya (Blu-ray)
$14.96
15 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 09-16-2018, 10:21 AM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で
Default Ramblings of a madman.

Since today is my birthday, what would be better than a stupid topic where I can ramble on without annoying or bothering anyone but myself.

Currently watching Circus World on the German Blu-Ray. Pleasantly surprised at how good the PQ is. I haven't seen this John Wayne movie in over 20 years, the last time I watched it was on VHS.

Also got in four 27x40 theatrical one sheets yesterday. Since working at the theater, I've become somewhat obsessed with collecting posters.

Newest additions to my poster collection

Supercop
Godzilla (1998)
A Good Day to Die Hard
Hercules (2014)
Old 09-17-2018, 12:47 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

I got a neat cake for my birthday....

my dad always buys me a Batman themed cake for my birthday, he didn't disappoint.

Looks like the one in this pic, if you're curious.

He also renewed Prime for me.

I got $60 from my Grandmother.

A set of Batman comics from my sister
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (10-20-2018), sk33tr (09-17-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 01:55 AM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

cool cake, too.

prime is always a good thing!

money is always a good thing!

comics are always a good thing!

you got lotsa cool stuff.
Thanks given by:
ltb2.0 (09-18-2018)
Old 09-18-2018, 06:54 AM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Thanks for the well wishes. Means more than you realize.

Anyway, I was going to mention I got in a pretty decent pair of bluetooth headphones. They are perfect for my TV, and have decent sound as well.

The downside is they don't extend all that much. But for $25, I think I got my money's worth.

They are the Mpow MPBH059AH, and the seller still has a few in stock.

Amazon currently has them listed for $35. Supposedly this model has a 13 hour playback on a 4 hour charge. I have yet to verify that.

The thing that sold me on them however were the reviews on Amazon

4 1/2 stars with over 16,000 reviews.

Anyone looking for a decent set of bluetooth headphones at a reasonable price couldn't do much better than this model.

[Show spoiler]
Old 09-20-2018, 12:13 AM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

I was surprised to find an Amazon package waiting for me in my mailbox today, for the life of me I couldn't remember ordering anything recently.

Turns out it was the Labyrinth 4K that I order not too long ago and chose the slow shipping for a $1 credit.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:51 AM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Got in X-Men 4k Trilogy, The Punisher 4K and For the Love of Benji Blu-Ray.

Currently watching the 1st X-Men movie, and it's looks awesome. Based on just the first movie, I highly recommend this set.

Meanwhile, after 2 weeks my retreat from the world is coming to an end and I have to return to work... I don't know what's worse, that my vacation is over or that I only have 3 shifts.

Maybe I can pick up an extra shift or two.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:02 AM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Remind me to never sign up for a comic book subscription straight from Marvel again..

I still haven't received The Return of Wolverine #1.

Looking for some help with the matter on their website, they say sometimes it can take as long as two weeks after the issues hit stores to get them.

And the best part, is they straight up say, that if you want faster shipping you should use their sister company Mid Town.

If it's not here Tuesday they will hear from me.

Anyway.... in related news, and this is a spoiler for Thor #5..

[Show spoiler]Old Man Phoenix and Thor have an epic fight
at the end of time.

Now, I'm just waiting for the inevitable Soldier X version that mashes up Wolverine and Captain America.

Also... apparently thanks to some hi-jinks Wolverine and Emma Frost have a fusion....

BEHOLD! The awesome Diamond Patch With astonishing mental powers and a skeleton made of solid diamond

Old 10-06-2018, 11:25 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Finally got in the 1st of The Return of Wolverine. It was worth the wait, I had forgotten how much I actually loved the character and reading new stories about him. It brought a smile to my face... at least for a little while.

Anyway, Wolverine will once again be appearing in a ton of comics, either Marvel is reintroducing to the fans from the MCU in preparation for his much belated arrival or the character is proving to be a massive cash cow again and Marvel is taking advantage of it.

So not only do we have The Return miniseries, we had the Hunt For, and will be getting a brand new Marvel Presents ongoing in which Wolverine will feature prominently. The stories will be detailing previously mostly untouched decades of the character, like the 1930's for example.

Then, Wolverine will be getting his own ongoing sometime in the near future. After that it remains to be seen what team books he will show up in.

While we are talking about comics, I managed to end up with around 40 copies of the AMC Venom comic. Sometimes cleaning theaters can be rewarding. It joins my other theater swag in a box I have been filling since starting work at the theater.

However, I am sick and tired of the end credits for Venom... which I have had the misfortune of seeing 8 times over the past 2 days. I kinda hate Into The Spiderverse now.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:19 AM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Today was a horrible no good rotten day at work... I had to win a rubber duck to make the machine shut up.

So we have this claw machine at work, you pay $1 and play till you win. However not everyone realizes this, so after the first attempt to get a prize fails they just leave to either go home or to their auditorium, the machine still playing music obnoxiously till you win. Today was another day I had to do the awful task of playing until I won.

The all time worst though was when someone put $5 dollars in the machine and either forgot, didn't win, or they had to leave suddenly. Either way, after it had been just playing music for about 10 minutes, a group of us gathered and each won a duck.

So far I have managed to win 10 or so critters from the machine.

It's a thankless task but someone has to do it.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (10-20-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 08:13 AM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Got in three volumes of Wolverine by Daniel Way: The Complete collection. Managed to get them for a total of $30USD.

In other news, I switched from janitorial back to regular position, so now I no longer clean the auditoriums and the rest at the end of the end of the night.

Will probably switch back once the holidays begin to take effect. While cleaning up after that many people won't be fun, it will be better than having to deal with the endless horde of people during that time.

Speaking of which, since Christmas is on a Tuesday this year, there will be no $5 tickets on that day. Tickets will be full priced.

Also, AMC Classics will be getting the new 2019 buckets. They will be available for purchase at the end of the month.

And finally... since I switched my avatar people have been a little more hostile towards me than usual. I guess Dean Winchester was a bad choice.

Now I must return to my solitary existence..
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (10-20-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 01:57 AM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

I don't really have much to say today... but look what showed up 18 months ago and never left... I mean what could it be?

Old 10-24-2018, 10:24 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

This is super important... I just found out that a Native American version of the zodiac exists.

I am a bear, not that any of that applies to me. but for those keeping track...

I am a Virgo, Tiger (Chinese Zodiac), and a Bear.

The Bear
● Colors – Brown and purple
● Personality traits – Reserved and practical
● Compatible with – Goose and beaver
● Best day: Wednesday

Pragmatic and methodical, the Bear is the one to call when you need a steady hand. The Bear has an enormous heart and a generous spirit. However, one would never know this about the Bear because it is very modest and shy. This Native American animal symbol showers love and generosity and has a capacity for patience and temperance, which makes him/her excellent teachers and mentors.

Find yours below that is if you care to know.

Click the spoiler for descriptions of each animal.

[Show spoiler]The Otter
● Colors – Silver
● Personality traits – Independent and outgoing
● Compatible with – Raven, Falcon, and deer
● Best day: Saturday

The Otter has a unique way of looking at things, but he/she is equipped with intelligence and a vast imagination allowing him/her an edge over everyone else. Often very perceptive and intuitive, the Otter makes a very good, attentive friend. In a nurturing environment, the Otter is sensitive, sympathetic, brave, loyal and honest. If you are looking for a friend, consider someone who is the Otter.

The Wolf
● Color – Turquoise
● Personality traits – Gentle and generous
● Compatible with – Woodpecker, brown bear, and snake
● Best day: Thursday

The Wolf is passionate and emotional. The Wolf is the lover of the zodiac in both the physical and philosophical sense of the word. The Native American sign that is most attuned to the heart and philosophy, the Wolf understands the emotional needs of everyone around him/her and is perfectly willing to provide love. When it comes to nurturing, the Wolf is full of passion, willing to give, deeply loving and most of all, gentle.

The Falcon
● Color – Yellow
● Personality traits – Powerful and spontaneous
● Compatible with – Salmon or owl
● Best day: Tuesday

Naturally inclined to leadership, the Falcon always has a sharp mind when it comes to making decisions in tense situations. Always pragmatic, this member of the Native American zodiac doesn't waste time and always stays on target. Staying on task is important to the Falcon. Aptly suited for team sports, the Falcon always tends to seize any opportunity.

The Beaver
● Color – Blue
● Personality traits – Determined and analytical
● Compatible with – Woodpecker, brown bear or goose
● Best day: Friday

The beaver loves being in charge but is also flexible and can adapt to any situation easily. Mostly business, the Beaver gets the job done with maximum efficiency. Strategic and cunning, the Beaver is a force to be reckoned with in business or combat. One should think twice about engaging the Beaver in a match of wits – as his/her mental acuity is razor sharp. Under the right circumstances, Beavers can be loyal, compassionate, helpful and generous.

The Deer

●Colors – Yellow or blue
● Personality traits – Smart, good communicator
● Compatible with – Raven or otter

The deer in Native American mythology represents the creative influence. Witty and inspiring, the Deer also has a great sense of humor and can make almost anyone laugh. Always willing to converse, if you fall under the sign of the Deer then you are a great talker. This combined with his/her natural intelligence make the Deer a must-have guest at dinner parties!
In a supportive environment the Deer’s natural liveliness and sparkly personality radiate even more.

The Woodpecker
● Colors – Pink
● Personality traits – Sympathetic and protective
● Compatible with – snake, wolf, and beaver
● Best day: Monday
● Best time of the day between 9 and 11 am, between 9 and 11 pm

The Woodpecker is the Mom of the group who always has an open ear. People born under this sign are very empathetic and caring. No other sign is such a cheerleader. The listener, totally sympathetic and understanding, the Woodpecker is the one you want on your side when you need a shoulder to lean on. It goes without saying that they make wonderful parents, and equally wonderful friends and partners.
In a nurturing environment, the Woodpecker is an extremely caring, devoted, and very romantic person!

The Salmon
● Colors – Red
● Personality traits – proud and self-assured
● Compatible with – owl and falcon
● Best time of the day: between 11 am and 1 pm, between 11 pm and 1 am

Creativity is flowing from your fingertips if you are born under the sign of the salmon. Salmons are also sharply focused, have intuitive tendencies, and amazingly energy. As a Salmon, you are very self-assured and love to motivate others.
Naturally supportive, the Salmon’s confidence and enthusiasm are totally infectious.
As a Salmon, you never fail to make friends thanks to your intelligent, intuitive, and generous nature.

The Bear
● Colors – Brown and purple
● Personality traits – Reserved and practical
● Compatible with – Goose and beaver

Pragmatic and methodical, the Bear is the one to call when you need a steady hand. The Bear has an enormous heart and a generous spirit. However, one would never know this about the Bear because it is very modest and shy. This Native American animal symbol showers love and generosity and has a capacity for patience and temperance, which makes him/her excellent teachers and mentors.

The Raven
● Colors – Blue and brown
● Personality traits – Charming and easygoing
● Compatible with – Otter and deer
● Best day: Friday

Highly enthusiastic and a natural entrepreneur, the Raven is a charmer. As a Raven, you possess an effortless energy that everyone enjoys. The Raven is an idealist and calculating. Under positive circumstances, the Raven is friendly, romantic and very soft-spoken. In relationships, the Raven is gentle and patient.

The Snake
● Colors – Violet or orange
● Personality traits – Ambitious and impulsive
● Compatible with – Woodpecker and wolf
● Best day: Tuesday
● Best time of the day: between 5 and 7 am, between 5 and 7 pm

Closely tied to the spiritual world, the Snake is the traditional sign of the shaman.
They are sensitive to the ethereal realm, making the Snake an excellent spiritual leader. Also respected for his/her healing capacities, the Snake excels in medical professions.
They have a tendency to be secretive and dark, but those born under this sign can also be very caring and sensitive. In positive situations, the Snake can be humorous, helpful and inspiring.

The Owl
● Color – Gold
● Personality traits – Adventurous and independent
● Compatible with – Falcon and salmon
● Best day: Thursday

The Owl is the most adaptive out of all the signs. Casual and warm, the Owl is friendly to everyone. The bearer of this Native American animal symbol is notorious for loving life and adventure. Owls make great artists, teachers and environmentalists. But because of his/her adaptability and versatility, the Owl would excel in any occupation. In a supportive, nurturing environment the Owl is sensitive, enthusiastic and an attentive listener.

The Goose
● Colors – White and silver
● Personality traits – Serious and reliable
● Compatible with – Beaver, brown bear and raven
● Best time of the day: between 9 and 11 am, between 9 and 11 pm

If you want something done – get the Goose onto the job. Persevering and ambitious to a fault, the Goose sets goals, and more importantly, accomplishes them.
The Goose's most dominant personality trait? Perseverance which makes them excellent in business and competitive sports.
There is no stopping you especially when you know that your family and friends have your back. When in a positive relationship, the Goose can be romantic, passionate, and sensual.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (11-01-2018), slm (01-16-2019)
Old 10-27-2018, 12:30 AM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

I have no idea what to do with this information.... but I do know that I have to share it here.

TIL: There's a movie called Fart: The Movie (1991)

Quote:
F.A.R.T. THE MOVIE (1991): The movie "they" said could never be made! Russell is a young man with two passions: farting and watching television. His girlfriend, Heather, hates both those things. She worries if they ever allow farting on television, he'll never leave the house. One evening Russell sits down in front of the TV and lo and behold, everything has become fart-related, from the sitcoms and commercials, to the newscasts and game shows! If Russell can't rip himself away from the television to attend a swanky soirιe, he and Heather's love will blow away like farts in the wind.

Written by Steven Banks (The Steven Banks Show, SpongeBob Squarepants) and Drew McWeeny ('Moriarty' of Ain't It Cool News fame), F.A.R.T. The Movie was a labor of love for director Ray Etheridge, who shot on a very low budget over 30 days. The all-star cast includes Ed Wood regular Conrad Brooks, Robert Axelrod (Lord Zedd on Mighty Morphin Power Rangers) Jason Barry (Leonardo DiCaprio's Irish pal Tommy in Titanic), Larry Thomas (the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld), and Bruce Campbell's brother, Don. Pop star Kesha makes her screen debut as a 4-year old during "The Bong Show" segment (her mother, Pebe Sebert, performs as part of 'The Medicine Wheel Band.') The Found Footage Festival has called F.A.R.T. The Movie their "all-time favorite find" – this flatulent feature is one you most definitely don't want to miss!
Old 10-29-2018, 08:37 AM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Been thoroughly enjoying all the Wolverine TPBs I have ordered over the past few months. One thing that surprises me though, is that I was actually pretty much up to speed on the character.

I thought I had quit reading the character well before the Death of Wolverine arc, turns out that I had actually I stopped when that arc started.

Anyway, reading through the Essential Wolverine 1-7 and a few other TPBS, I came across some awesome artwork and some downright horrid. Without further ado, for the delight of the one person reading this, (me) I present my favorite artists on the series.

Leinil Francis Yu (The very best)
Jim Lee (One of my all time favorite artists)
Marc Silvestri
Adam Kubert
Steve McNiven

Check out some of their work on the character and you won't be disappointed.

As for the worst, right now Steve Dillon is darn near the top of the list. All his faces look the same, and he can't draw action sequences at all. Almost makes me regret picking up the TPB where he's done the majority of the work.

Hope to pick up Wolverine vs The Punisher and Wolverine vs Deadpool collected editions soon along with the various Epic Collections starting with Blood Debt basically functions as Essential Wolverine volume 8.

Last edited by ltb2.0; 11-03-2018 at 06:11 AM.
Old 11-03-2018, 06:08 AM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Yesterday I had a sad thought occur to me.... I don't think I have ever improved anyone's life that knew me. I think I was more of a negative presence that took far more than I ever gave. I never gave back what they gave me in return, which was enriching my life by being my friend. It's too late now to make amends.

Anyway, enough with the pathetic and pointless dwelling on the past that I can never repair.

I was thrilled to receive even more Wolverine TPB's in the mail. I got 12 more for $47USD, unfortunately due to the fact that I failed to go over my order before I finalized it, I bought 2 of the same one. One hardback and paperback.

I received
Savage Wolverine Vol's 1-4 (Complete series)
Wolverine and the X-Men Vol 1, 2, 4 (2),6,7,8
Wolverine/Captain America

They are Ex-Library copies but they are in good shape.

So for a recap, cause I know that at least I am dying to see it listed here, here we go.

The Essential Wolverine 1-7 (Complete set)
The Best of Wolverine HC
Old Man Logan (Original Miniseries)
Wolverine/Captain America
Wolverine vs the Marvel Universe
Wolverine by Daniel Way 1-4 (With poor artwork by Steve "sameface" Dillon)
Wolverine by Jason Aaron 3-4
Wolverine and the X-Men 1,2,4,6,7,8
Savage Wolverine 1-4 (Complete)

Since I have no self control I also ordered Wolverine vs Deadpool and Wolverine vs Punisher for a total of $21USD. Those are incoming.

I also got in over the past week,

Hook 4K
Celebrating Mickey Blu-Ray
and BTAS: The Complete Animated Series on Blu. Got from Amazon in mint condition, surprisingly.

And yet to arrive is my new copy of Skyscraper 4K which I snagged for $15USD.

Work was fun on Halloween, I went wearing my Wolverine jacket and claws, managed to threaten a Ninja, a Black Knight, and a couple of 90's punks. All were coworkers with whom I have a good working relationship, it was all in good fun.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:03 PM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Forgive me father for I have sinned...

I find Madea hilarious and have been laughing hysterically all through-out Boo 2.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:51 AM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

If this weekend was anything to go by, holiday movie going season has kicked into gear and will steadily be increasing. Meaning that at current staffing levels there are going to be endless lines and stupidly long wait times for our guest, with the stress that comes with the season, that's not going to be a good combo, for anyone.

One more thing, please realize that we are a theater and not a fast food joint, we are in no way equipped to meet that level of demand for backbar items, such as pretzel bites, flat bread pizzas, sliders, or hot dogs.

Popcorn, candy and soda ordinarily will be no problem, unless our shipment is delayed by winter weather. Either ask me about the Star Wars VII (December) - Deadpool (February) fiasco, or I might elaborate on that later... (We lost 3 employees during those months)

And finally I snagged two of my most wanted posters off of Ebay,

Goosbumps 2

[Show spoiler]

and House with a Clock in its Walls

[Show spoiler]
Old 11-07-2018, 04:42 AM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Only 3 shifts again this week... I wonder who I ticked off or if they are simply trying to phase me out.

With the way all my relationships have been going for the past 2 years, being phased out is probably karma finally coming to get me with a vengeance.

Look, karma, I get it, I was the lowest of scum and i deserve everything that happened. I've learned my lesson, but could you please let me have some good fortune for once?

More hours, a raise, better job, or even a friend? All I'm asking for is a break, a small glimmer, anything.

Okay, enough whining and pathetic eargrating, eye-rolling complaining.

So AMC is raising rates on their A-List by roughly $4 in 15 states or so, but provided you signed up before 12/31 you are guaranteed the 19.99 a month for a little longer.

They also lowered the age for membership to 16, which is great especially combined with the fact that you can now pay for multiple memberships with the same card.

Which means that A-List is now more attractive for christmas gifts for the family since one card can pay for all the memberships.

Do keep in mind that you will still be paying 19.99 per person, per month.

Finally, reservations for upcoming movies no longer count per the weekly ticket total. So you can reserve for, example, Wreck it Ralph, and still have 3 tickets to use in the weeks building up to Wreck it Ralph. However, that reservation does count as one free ticket during that week.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:01 AM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

So I went and looked at everybody's schedule for the coming week, and I seriously doubt my karma would bite everyone else's keister. No one has more than 4 shifts, and the majority only have 3. So that means I can't use that as an excuse to continue my pathetic pity party.... never the less, fear not, for I will find another reason to continue this pity party, cause it ain't over till either one billion dollars ends up in my lap, or I become a major A List superstar.

But since both of those require good looks, charm, will power, drive, and the motivation to actually succeed, this party is going on indefinitely.

Please line up in orderly fashion to deliver the stinging, but painfully true insults and name calling.

Anyway, I had a moment sheer unadulterated bliss earlier today when I found out that Shout is releasing Sonny Chiba's Street Fighter trilogy on Blu-Ray first quarter of next year. Japanese audio and original aspect ratio. Doesn't get better than that.

Received 3 Wolverine TPB's in the mail today.

vs Punisher
Vs Deadpool (The last stories were illustrated by Steve Dillon, and I dislike his style)
Flies to a Spider (The back cover contains an illustration of Wolvie by Tim Bradstreet, which is now one of my all time favorite pieces)

Also got in Skyscraper 4K and Oscar (1991) Blu-Ray.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:24 PM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

One of my favorite coworkers just put in his two week because he couldn't handle being picked on/bullied by a teenage girl... a dude in his mid 30's

It's a teenage girl... they are not the the scariest creatures on earth. If you can't handle teenage girls you are going to have a whole lot more problems. And coming from me, that's saying something.

Anyway, Ghost Rider/Punisher/Wolverine: Hearts of Darkness was a pointless read and a waste of 3 bucks. I suggest avoiding it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages