Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Rita Hayworth: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
Neo Ultra Q (Blu-ray)
$8.99
1 day ago
Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
15 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Jiang Ziya (Blu-ray)
$14.96
14 hrs ago
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Krull (Blu-ray)
$5.99
1 day ago
Hammer Films: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$45.99

Ultraman Taro: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
Tombstone (Blu-ray)
$5.99
10 hrs ago
Runaway Train (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 06-28-2019, 08:41 AM   #241
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Another manager just quit.... although expected, it was still sad to hear. He was a cool guy. My favorite manager.

I believe I mentioned he would probably quit earlier in the thread. He went home to be with his mother before she died. He probably is going to look after his brother now.

That makes 2 managers we've lost in a span of 6 months.

I don't like change, I can't handle it well at all. It's also depressing the hell out of me.

The powers that be vote down minimum wage increases... raise property values... slash the operating budget for emergency services and just gave themselves a nice 50% raise.

Our police department is understaffed because we have the lowest pay in the state for police....

drugs are getting worse.... they continually ignore the meth issue and keep busting people for marijuana. We've had 3 murders over the past 12 months, untold shots fired... more assaults than I care to remember.

My vote is useless... no one cares... and they are all out for themselves . People will discard you the minute you no longer have any perceived value to them...

I could use some good news/luck right now.. but it's nowhere in sight.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (07-06-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 01:55 PM   #242
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltb2.0 View Post
Another manager just quit.... although expected, it was still sad to hear. He was a cool guy. My favorite manager.

I believe I mentioned he would probably quit earlier in the thread. He went home to be with his mother before she died. He probably is going to look after his brother now.

That makes 2 managers we've lost in a span of 6 months.

I don't like change, I can't handle it well at all. It's also depressing the hell out of me.

The powers that be vote down minimum wage increases... raise property values... slash the operating budget for emergency services and just gave themselves a nice 50% raise.

Our police department is understaffed because we have the lowest pay in the state for police....

drugs are getting worse.... they continually ignore the meth issue and keep busting people for marijuana. We've had 3 murders over the past 12 months, untold shots fired... more assaults than I care to remember.

My vote is useless... no one cares... and they are all out for themselves . People will discard you the minute you no longer have any perceived value to them...

I could use some good news/luck right now.. but it's nowhere in sight.
so much truth in that statement...which is really sad

and i hope you get some good luck/news come your way, soon.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:26 PM   #243
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008
Ex-Pat of The Diamond Capital of North America™

Where are you?
Hopefully things are a bit better for you.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:27 AM   #244
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Instead of addressing my last post.. I have chosen to ignore it and act as if nothing at all happened.

Actually, I will kind of address a few things.

That manager is happier than he has been in a long while, he was long overdue to return home. I just wish he did it sooner so he could have spent some precious time with his mother.

The first spoiler is local updates if anyone cares.

[Show spoiler]The emergency responders got their raise, but not much else. They are still undermanned and lacking vehicles.

This was most illustrated on a particularly nasty day last week when 5 calls depleted our available responders. Police, Fire, ETC.

The county assessor is just compounding lies with more lies and there's now a petition to remover her from office, along with the city council and mayor. Who of course are denying any wrong doing.

Anyway, all appeals have been suspended because they got thousands of them and are unable to deal with it.

They just busted 2 more people earlier this week for meth in the county. They'll probably walk in a few days. If it was marijuana they would rot in jail because of the states zero tolerance policy for it. But they have no problem tolerating alcohol and harder drugs.

We have had far more problems with DUI and meth than marijuana, but they continually turn a blind eye to anything that's not marijuana. I have yet to hear of someone being killed because of weed.

Now time to give an update on myself... I had to step away to reset myself, I was not in a particularly good frame of mind. Someone I considered a friend, once I was unable to be of any use to them, was no longer interested in my friendship. And just to clarify, not the manager who went home to be near his family.

That brought up some unpleasant memories that I allowed myself to dwell on for longer than I should have permitted.

I got hurt, though my own fault... again. When I get hurt I tend to disappear... for quite a while. I retreat into whatever I can find to occupy all my spare time. This time, it was watching all the available episodes of In the Heat of the Night, Van Damme movies and searching for more film scores to add to my collection.

I'm finished with Heat of the Night, I have a few more Van Damme's to watch and I have found some pretty great deals on some of my sought after soundtracks. The latest of which was the Intrada release of Cahill: US Marshal music by Elmer Bernstein.

And finally, I am looking forward to Doctor Strange II. That's my most anticipated Marvel movie.
Old 10-27-2019, 04:48 AM   #245
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

I thought I had posted here recently... but apparently my new quest has kept me away longer than I expected. I am tracking down as much pre-2010 footage of Hulk Hogan as I can. As such, my WWE DVD/Blu-Ray collection has grown and I have managed to acquire a VHS player to help digitize my analog collection.

The Ion VCR USB to PC is fantastic. Here's a link for anyone in the market.

So far I have 90% of his career up through 2005. The biggest chunk I am missing is his early 1994 WCW TV stuff. His WCW Saturday Night appearances are rather hard to track down.

I thought I had a line on them, but it appears thus far my source ripped me off.

But in other positive news, Wolverine finally has a new solo series debuting next year. Already subscribed, and looking forward to it.

I'm still actively tracking down Hulk Hogan footage, so I will probably be largely absent for a bit. Currently I am hunting for the best deal on Blu-Ray editions of The Monday Night War Vols 1 & 2, so far it appears my best bet is Australian imports for a total of $40USD. I keep hoping I will find a good price on US copies. Used, obviously. But, those prices are ludicrous.

Till next time partners.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:48 PM   #246
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Amazon better resolve this situation... I owed $47 dollars on the Godzilla showa set thanks to various Prime Card points and giftcards, so I went apply another $30 giftcard.... I now owe $80 on the set. I am very pissed off right now. And their CS bot is one of the stupidest things I have ever encountered.

Right now it looks like Amazon has ripped me off by about $90 dollars, and I am very, very angry.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:51 PM   #247
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

They did... they resolved it. Total I ended up paying $2.45 out of pocket for the Godzilla Showa Box Set.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:01 AM   #248
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Quote:
They did... they resolved it. Total I ended up paying $2.45 out of pocket for the Godzilla Showa Box Set.
Update. They discounted the set further, so now they owe $58.

Also I finally got in those Hulk Hogan DVD's. Was quite happy with them overall despite some technical issues. I ordered some Roddy Piper from them as well.

I plan on posting here everyday again, at least for awhile. Basically that means I'm gonna pretend I did not have a overly dramatic scene here. I will be carrying on as if nothing happened.

So lets repress our emotions and carry on.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:15 AM   #249
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

My plan is to put the money Amazon reimbursed me towards Abbott & Costello Complete Universal Blu-Ray collection from Shout and cash in my points from various games to get more giftcards to lower the price even further.

One of longest lasting coworkers worked his last day today, and i wasn't even there to say goodbye. He already checked out mentally from the job months ago, so he wasn't the same person, but I will miss him.

So for those keeping count, this year has seen the loss of 3 longtime coworkers, leaving me as the longest standing non-management employee. It makes me feel empty and lonely.

We also have so many newbies who have started/are starting, a total of 8. So many new faces and names to remember. So many unique personalities to juggle and train.

Some brand new to the workforce, some simply transitioning from other jobs.

Once again I am thinking of friendships forever lost and getting myself in a melancholy mood.

Enough of that.

Anyway, I now have a sizable collection of of Wolverine Vol. 2 Single issues. Including an unbroken run from #90-129.

Continuing on this thought, I managed to snag all three volumes of Greg Rucka's run on Vol. 3 of the series for a paltry $12. Which shocked me, I offered a stupidly low price in hopes that he would make a reasonable counter-offer.

I have doubles of some issues that I would love to trade for other issues of Wolverine, I just gotta find a decent site.

Finally, I wrapped up watching Walker, Texas Ranger and have decided to move on to Scrubs.

Old 11-06-2019, 09:59 AM   #250
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Maybe I should start doing my song of the day again.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:53 AM   #251
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

I'm starting to get into pro-wrestling again, so I thought I would pick up some fun books on the subject starting with The Wrestlecrap books. Woo boy, that was a mistake, those guys are unfunny, sexist, misogynistic unbearably smug smarks with very obvious axes to grind with Hulk Hogan, Vince McMahon, Eric Bischoff and Ole Anderson. But Ric Flair is just aces....

I can't believe I wasted 8 bucks on those two books.. reminded me why I got rid of them in the first place.

Finding unbiased pro-wrestling history books is nearly impossible. Christ almighty. Or at least some that aren't so damn smug and irritatingly biased.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:02 AM   #252
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

I am so over this weekend... and it's just barely begun. I'm sorry the ticket prices are too high, I'm sorry that showtimes changed from two days ago when you looked last, I'm sorry that concessions prices are way too high... I'm sorry that you are having to deal with consequences of an economy you crashed twice in twenty years... please stop chewing my ass out for things that are not my fault.

Get a reality check and realize that I don't give a damn that 50/60 years ago tickets were far cheaper, things change. Please get with the times or just stay with wild herds of old people out in the plains of ignorance next to the river of denial.

Veteran's day brings out the worst in old people.
Thanks given by:
boringperson (11-09-2019)
Old 11-09-2019, 06:58 PM   #253

Oct 2007

Quote:
i am so over this weekend... And it's just barely begun. I'm sorry the ticket prices are too high, i'm sorry that showtimes changed from two days ago when you looked last, i'm sorry that concessions prices are way too high... I'm sorry that you are having to deal with consequences of an economy you crashed twice in twenty years... Please stop chewing my ass out for things that are not my fault.

Get a reality check and realize that i don't give a damn that 50/60 years ago tickets were far cheaper, things change. Please get with the times or just stay with wild herds of old people out in the plains of ignorance next to the river of denial.

veteran's day brings out the worst in old people.

How dare you disrespect veterans day like this. If not for veterans you wouldn't be able to complain and complain page after page on this thread and have the gall to blame veterans day or as you call them old people
When you complain more then the people you complain about its called the kettle calling to The pot black
as a veteran I take offense to your post

Last edited by I DO BLU; 11-09-2019 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:30 AM   #254
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Lord almighty.... Midway business is insane. It's no longer just Veterans who are seeing it, it's everyone. By which I mean, ages 10-100. Actually I think the oldest is maybe 80. But let me exaggerate.

Top 3 movies for the day were

Midway
Playing With Fire
Terminator

Rounding out the top 5 we have,

Harriet
Addams Family.

Doctor Sleep & Current War have hardly made an impact.

Please note that this refers to my location only, I do not have data anything else

I feel as if I owe I Do Blu an apology, perhaps I was too harsh and over generalized. But after having been repeatedly told throughout the day in rather harsh tones and poor attitudes we had no business having ticket prices or concessions that high. That we were ripping them off, and that we should be ashamed of ourselves. Among other things, It gets rather old, very fast.

Last edited by ltb2.0; 11-10-2019 at 05:10 AM.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:35 AM   #255
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

People keep asking if we are going to do the Star Wars at my location, management and myself keep telling them no, because we do not have it in our systems. Hopefully, this remains the case, because otherwise we potentially lost a lot of money.

Anyway, Midway and Playing with Fire are the biggest movies. It's possible Playing with Fire could get closer to Midway in terms of attendance if we moved it to a larger a theater.

Least attended movie is Current War, which has not yet topped 20 patrons since we have had it. Black & Blue is our second least attended movie.

Rounding out the top 5 are

Last Christmas
Maleficent
Harriet.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:15 PM   #256
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Old 02-10-2020, 12:01 AM   #257
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Robo Vampire (1988) 1/5
Quote:
A narcotics agent, who is shot and killed, is brought back from the dead as an android. He is sent on a very dangerous mission into the depths of the Golden Triangle to rescue another undercover agent whose life is in danger.
If a gorilla mask wearing hopping vampire with sparklers can't beat a man in tinfoil, there's no hope for the rest of us.

And with that I begin my brief review of the classic android vs hopping vampire epic "Robo Vampire" (1988) directed by the auteur Godfrey Ho.

A weird mish mash of drug drama, horror comedy and low tech sci-fi that never truly gels, the most engaging part is the horror comedy that begins the movie. If they had stuck to that, this would have been a fun movie all the way. Instead we are treated to inserts from a rather dull narc drama.

Naturally there is an appearance from a vengeful witch who is angry that corpse of her lover is being transformed into a fearsome gorilla hopping vampire who's nearly unstoppable. The reason for this transformation is so he can be the enforcer for drug runners, obviously.

However once the monk who is overseeing the transformation agrees to marry the witch and her lover, she calms down and is quite agreeable. However her dialogue is quite painful to listen to, and the performer dubbing her is godawful. It's as if all the English dialogue was literally translated from from written Chinese, and it suffers as a result.

The Caucasian performers are all uniformly horrible, but they maintain the the standard I expect in Asian movies.

The dubbing is cartoonish and downright horrible at times. I'm fairly certain that a few of the characters have the exact same voice, leading me to believe that there was only a half dozen or so in the voice cast.

Despite the cover of this movie showing Robocop, the Robo in this looks like a goalie wearing gear spray painted silver. Kinda disappointing, but does add to the charm of the Godfrey Ho portion of things.

My favorite moment though is when the agent who becomes Robo Warrior is mortally wounded and later dies on the operating. The doctor informs the other agents who mourn for all of 1 second before deciding to use his body for science experiments.

This leads to a scene where they install a radio in a metal chassis, turn a few knobs and declare it a success.

It bears mentioning that the vampires in this are the hopping variety from Chinese mythology, a fact that many reviews I looked at in my search for information were ignorant of. They thought it was created for this movie.

I really couldn't make heads or tails of most of the plot, as it was completely nonsensical. Drug runners want to use vampires for something, I think to smuggle drugs, when that plan goes awry they decide to use the invincible gorilla Jiangshi created by the monk. Along the way one completely inept agent is killed and turned into the even more incompetent Robo Warrior.

Meanwhile in a completely unrelated movie, another agent goes after an abducted agent. Along the way he manages to take a major drug lord down and romance a fellow agent.

Also despite the title, Robo is not a vampire, nor are any of the vampires robo's

If the movie had focused on the comedy aspect more and less on the boring agent rescue, I could give this a 2/5, but as it stands, it's only a 1/5.

To save you the trouble of actually watching it, I found a 2 minute recap video for you.

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages