Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Neo Ultra Q (Blu-ray)
$8.99
1 day ago
Rita Hayworth: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
16 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Krull (Blu-ray)
$5.99
1 day ago
Hammer Films: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$45.99

Ultraman Taro: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Tombstone (Blu-ray)
$5.99
11 hrs ago
Wrong Turn (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Jiang Ziya (Blu-ray)
$14.96
15 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 12-23-2018, 12:17 AM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Nothing to say today, so here's my favorite Christmas song by my favorite crooner.

Old 12-24-2018, 04:33 AM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

One of other all time favorite Christmas songs, this time by Mannheim Steamroller.

Old 12-25-2018, 08:05 AM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

I found this a few days ago while looking for something else entirely. It's a beautiful piece that ranks up there with some of my all time favorite pieces. I hope it moves you as much as it did me.

Merry Christmas to all of you.
Old 12-26-2018, 01:35 AM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Survived another Christmas at work.

Last edited by ltb2.0; 12-26-2018 at 03:24 AM.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:33 AM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

I wish, I wish.. for nothing really because wishes are useless and nothing ever comes from them... but I could really use some good luck or at least a reversal of fortune...

Feeling talkative today, no one to talk to, but I still want to chatter away with someone. Anyone. So I guess that would be me.

Surprisingly Christmas at the theater was relatively slow. 10-12 it was slow and steady, rising to a mad rush at 3-5. Though we had lines out the the door, that was mostly due to having 2 terminals down in concessions. If we had those up and running, we would have been able to keep up with the crowd fairly well.

The one area that was doing the worst was the backbar. I mean, they expect us to have a fastfood output with one turbo chef, it ain't happening. It got to the point there was a half hour wait for Hot Food items.

Everyone worked a 7 hour shift on Xmas. Our last shows were at 11pm. We could probably suck it up if we actually got some compensation for working holidays. I had a 10-5 shift, though it's highly probable I could have squeezed another half hour in had I tried. Instead once they pulled me off my terminal to switch out drawers, I got out of there as fast as I could.

Just got through watching Brannigan, first viewing in a long time. Still love it just as much.

And finally, I ordered from CD's from Secondspin, it's bad enough they send wrong items on a regular basis, but they are now blatantly mislabeling items. For example, I ordered the Space Jame Film Score by James Newton Howard, they sent me a CD, this one to be exact. In that exact case.

[Show spoiler]

But at least the used label/barcode they put on it said it was James Newt: M [Original Score]. He doesn't even have a track on the disc.

And then there was a saxophone CD where they sent a piano and pan flute meditation CD instead.

Seriously, then there's Alibris who has erroneously listed a CD I desire across multiple sites, under several accounts. I ordered the second time without doing my research on the seller. They sent a Shostakovich twice, when I ordered this

[Show spoiler]

So I recommend avoiding Alibris for anything except book purchases.

I could possibly remedy my loneliness, but I have no idea how to make friends. 0 social skills... and no redeemable qualities at all. Ogreish looks aside, that's a combo that's difficult to overcome.

How the heck does one even go about that.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:16 AM   #46
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

So decided to go to the movies after Christmas.... when we were staffed lighter. The lines just seemingly never ended.

Thanks, I guess. Although we are down 2 terminals in concessions, so it really doesn't matter in the long run. We were going to be overwhelmed regardless.

Would be nice if the upgrades actually upgraded us instead of causing more problems.

Also plunging more into the music scene, I discovered I prefer Britney over Christina. Not that you care... but it's true.

Now I leave you with this track from Ralph Breaks the Internet.

Old 12-29-2018, 03:19 AM   #47
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

I recieved in my orders of To Kill With Intrigue and Dragon Fist today, forgot I ordered them to be honest. It was a nice surprise to find them in a box from Amazon UK.

Also got in Doctor Who Season 19 on Blu, along with a few CD's.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:15 AM   #48
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

In a bittersweet moment I finally sold my X-Box one. It brought me moments I will cherish forever, so I thank it for that. And it was totally worth every penny I spent. Thank you for those moments... I miss those.

But ultimately I am not a gamer, all I need is Nintendo. So after having it sit on my shelf collecting dust for almost two years(?) I decided it was time to finally let it go and close out that chapter of my life.

Now I just have to convince myself that I can toss out that birthday gift, that I was never able to send, and that I've been holding onto for stupid reasons.

Also lately, I've been thinking a lot about a few verses from my favorite Sarah McLachlan song.

Quote:
I'm so tired but I can't sleep
Standin' on the edge of something much to deep
Quote:
Clinging to a past that doesn't let me choose
Once there was a darkness
Deep and endless night
You gave me everything you had
It's time to let go... tired of clinging.

Old 12-31-2018, 04:08 AM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Work was wonderfully slow today. After a week straight of work where it was constant and endless rush, today was extremely slow by comparison. It made for a nice way to end my work week and begin my days off. I managed to get in 8 hours today, an easy paycheck today.

In a little over 24 hours a new year will be upon us..
Old 01-01-2019, 06:46 AM   #50
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Finally we have reached the end of 2018, which marks, hopefully, the end of nearly two years of mostly self imposed hell, actually it was entirely self imposed.

I hope 2019 treats everyone wonderfully and that each of you are able to attain your dreams and goals. And that you never stop believing in yourself.. because by believing in yourself you will be able to grasp those dreams. It will take effort and you may stumble along the way, but never give up on yourself. If it helps I believe in you and am cheering you on.

As for me, I believe I am finally starting to claw my way out of the pit of self pity, loathing and despair that I managed to just keep digging deeper and deeper for myself. It's time to move forward and stop looking back at where I screwed up majorly and dwelling on things I can't change to the point of absolutely despising myself.

It's not easy, because I know I managed to hurt people I care about deeply, and I'm still having trouble letting that go. I was a real jackass, very heartless and wouldn't listen. That's going to be tripping me up for a long time. Managed to lose all my friends.

But enough with that, let's look forward and let me share my hopes and dreams for the new year.

I hope to find someone to connect with on an deeper emotional level. Someone who will let me idolize them, someone who won't feel they have to change for me unless they want to. If I fall for someone, I fall for the entire package. I love the things that make them who they are. Someone who can be there for me when I need them, when I sink into despair and self loathing.. who can love me at my best and worst.

Friends, I need friends, I cannot continue this pathetic isolation any longer. It's time to change this pattern.

Most of all I need to learn to accept me for who I am. I think there is only one other person who hates me as much as I do. I'm not a failure, I'm not incompetent, I'm not annoying to everybody, there are actually people who enjoy my stupid jokes... and most of all I am not a disappointment.

I'm tired of staring into the mirror and seeing a godawful amalgamation of Sydney Greenstreet, Fat Marlon Brando, Maury Chaykin and Jabba the Hut. Despite what that mirror shows and how I perceive myself, I don't actually have rolls of fat, an ungodly amount of double chins, I am nowhere near obese despite what I see. Yes I need to lose weight, but at 5'10 and 210lb, I am not anywhere how I see myself.

Convincing myself on the face however is going to far harder. For a very long time I have stared into the mirror and told myself that I am the ugliest thing ever. It's something that I believe in the depths of my soul at this point.... Hopefully I can change that. This is why I never call anyone ugly, it hurts just hearing myself call me that, and I don't want to inflict that pain on anyone else.

Which reminds me... no one is ugly. Just like there are many different art styles, so there are people. People have different artistic preferences. So what if someone didn't find you attractive? perhaps he simply prefers Rembrandt's over Da Vinci's... doesn't mean you are ugly.

I had a wonderful 4 and a half years here. To those who let me call them friend thank you for the wonderful memories and permitting me to share this journey with you.

It's a new year and there are so many possibilities...

Old 01-02-2019, 07:09 PM   #51
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Just learned of Mean Gene's passing.

Rest in Peace, you awesome dude you.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:13 AM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltb2.0 View Post
Just learned of Mean Gene's passing.

Rest in Peace, you awesome dude you.
mean gene okerlund?

damn!

always watched wwf back in the day when he was on there.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:26 AM   #53
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
mean gene okerlund?

damn!

always watched wwf back in the day when he was on there.
Yeah him. He was a big part of the WWE experience when I was growing up... apparently he fell a few weeks ago and it was all downhill from there.

One more week and kids will be back in school... thankfully. This holiday season has been brutal and it seems like it's never ending. Rushes have been unpredictable and usually seem to occur when we are lightly staffed. People are getting snappier as well..

We also lost 3 employees in one day. One was suspended for multiple No Calls/No Shows, one quite in protest of the suspension and the other put in his two weeks cause he found a better paying job.

Hopefully we can get them replaced by the time Lego Movie 2 rolls around, because it's no fun being short staffed during big movies. We definitely need them in time for Captain Marvel.

Also after working the during the holidays for the past 4 holiday seasons, I am tired of them and really don't want to celebrate them anymore. For a multitude of reasons.

I pretty much avoided all the usual festivities I used to enjoy. I listened to 0 Christmas music on my own, I didn't watch any X-Mas movies and just tried to stay home as much as possible.

Then again, I did work for about two weeks straight without a break during the 18th-30th. So maybe just a simple case of burnout.

As I said there are other factors as well, but this really isn't the place to discuss them. Let's just say, I'm finally rejecting a good portion of my upbringing.

Also thanks to an email forwarded to me by my father... I now know of the existence of "Soy Boys"... The article linked in it came from an alt right website that is so extreme, I'm almost certain it's satire.

Quote:
Slang used to describe males who completely and utterly lack all necessary masculine qualities. This pathetic state is usually achieved by an over-indulgence of emasculating products and/or ideologies.
I would say it's a joke, but my father is very serious about these things.

And now I leave you with a song.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:31 PM   #54
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Good morning ya'll, I certainly hope you had a better nights sleep than I did. I had a terrifying nightmare that woke me up screaming, and had me trembling for a good half hour while I calmed myself down to go back to sleep.

Anyway, I've got work from 1030-230 today, not a long shift, and that means I will miss all of the rushes today unless the 12's are insane.

I finally wrapped up listening to the 100 80's Chartbusters CD set I ordered, it's the weakest set by far. Filled with songs I'd never even heard of, by artists I didn't recognize. Which is to be expected since the set was apparently filled with UK Chartbusters most of which never made it on the charts here in the USA.

So now I am having to slightly alter my music stance. I'm a big fan of 80's American pop, and some UK stuff. But man those songs were horrid.

Anyway as a reminder, your eBay bucks expire in February, so happy bargain hunting as you figure what to waste those bucks on.

And here is a favorite TV theme of mine.

Old 01-05-2019, 04:53 PM   #55
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Mornin' again. Have to be to work at 11AM today, thankfully it's only a short shift again.

Looking forward to Raw on Monday. Be interesting to see how well Hogan is received.

Remember, use up those eBay bucks before they expire.

Old 01-06-2019, 06:18 PM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Have to be at work by 1pm today.

Anyway, while I was in the shower I had a bit of music get stuck in my head, took me longer to place it than I would like. So after spending most of my time in the shower trying to figure it out, I finally remembered what it was.

Today is the last day before school starts, finally! Kids in are back in school, parents no longer bringing small militias of children to theater because they don't know what else to do... and no more cranky parents yelling at us because of our prices.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:11 PM   #57
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

So should I pick up a few Willis titles on Blu-ray or should get a few CD'S....

decisions, decisions, decisions.

I really love my days off, and I've got nothing pressing to do.

Anyway Air Force One looks great on 4K. For those reluctant to upgrade, I say do it! You won't be disappointed.

next disc will be the 3rd from the 4K peanuts set. Those also look great.

Last edited by ltb2.0; 01-09-2019 at 01:26 AM.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:30 PM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Watched the Rifftrax live Christmas shorts Blu-Ray, that was pretty fun. But man some of the acting in those shorts was rough! This is why you shouldn't let just anyone have a film camera.

Also I have learned I have no real taste in music.. I enjoy Avril Lavigne as well. But more on that later. Basically I have been exploring all the music that was I was avoiding because, secular music is "evil"! And it's been a blast. But over-all, I prefer the 80's. Followed closely by bright bouncy fun pop.

Old 01-11-2019, 12:44 AM   #59
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Today was interesting at work. Someone called in and quit, someone called and said they were being taken to the hospital so they couldn't work. So.. in the span of a week or so we have lost 6 people at work.

Leaving us at a low staffing level... that's going to be interesting.

Wish I was more interesting than I would have more to say... but anyway here's a song for you.

Old 01-11-2019, 12:54 AM   #60
Blu-ray Guru

May 2017
🇺🇸

This is an oddly inspiring thread/theme, I may follow suit.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages