Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99
1 day ago
Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Men in Black Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Shadow in the Cloud (Blu-ray)
$19.50
1 day ago
Rick and Morty: The Complete Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$69.99
9 hrs ago
Crazy Samurai: 400 vs. 1 (Blu-ray)
$16.99
19 hrs ago
Wonder Woman 1984 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.34

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 11-15-2018, 02:52 AM   #41
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2017
Cow Country

If Ghostbusters 3 is a comic book... yeah, okay.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:53 AM   #42
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009

I'm hoping it works out this time. I just need a new Ghostbusters movie.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:25 AM   #43
Special Member

Jan 2017
USA

It was mentioned they were gonna do a universe where dimensions crossover. Wasn’t it last year that somebody said that? I wonder how many GB3 scripts/treatments there have been overall.

I came up with a way to connect the 2016 movie without resorting to making it an alternative universe.

The government is aware of the supernatural in the reboot. You can write they somehow erased the public’s mind of the first 2 events and did the same to Ray, Winston and Peter and were forced to change their identity which is why they’re different characters.

Someone on a different board even suggested to me they could make a villain like Viggo or something that manipulated time and caused everyone to forget the original ghostbusters and events.

Either way Erin, Abby and Jillian could have figured out the technology and science by subconsciously piecing together Ray and Egons original work due to a leak or wrinkle in time.

A part 3 could be about them trying to restore Ray, Winston and Peters minds because a new threat is even bigger. It even fits with the mention of Gozer at the end which could be a returning.

Last edited by Wildcat2000; 11-15-2018 at 06:30 AM.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:40 AM   #44
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan
Thumbs down

I honestly don't know what I care less about: A sequel to the reboot, or a continuation of the originals.

BTW, this is not news. Desperate Dan has been talking this shit up for years. It hasn't happened yet, and it probably never will.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:58 AM   #45

Mar 2010
Scotland

Oh i hope they do this soon, Ghostbusters is something that deserves a trilogy, and something to wash the taste of the reboot out of our mouths, like it never existed.. hopefully.

Perhaps Murray will reconsider, judging by the rejection the reboot had at the box office. I wonder if they can lure Rick Moranis back aswell.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:17 AM   #46
Power Member

Jan 2011

this is so painful to watch yet hilarious

like which high profile screenwriter do they have penning the script, this very moment??
he is most likely just talking about himself scribbling away at his house lol
"can't say their names" so hilarious
no one wants to see abuncha saggy skin, out of shape actors playing ghostbusters.
he's just being really rude to the fanbase at this point, of which i am not a part of.
dan rather is all like "oh wow we got some breaking news here!"

Last edited by Synchg; 11-15-2018 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:24 AM   #47
Power Member

Jul 2017
Elles Belles, Costa Plonka

Oh dear - grandad Aykroyd has missed his medication again. He comes out with crap this every time they don't give him his pills, spouting that there's going to be a Ghostbusters III and that Billy Murray will be in this one. Dig out your DVD edition of Evolution, and take a gander at his filmography, where it emphatically lists Ghostbusters III as one of his movies, along with a year of release.

That's not a Sumerian god in his fridge, it's urine, where grandad Aykroyd has been p*ssing in it again.

aykroyd.jpg

Last edited by CompleteCount; 11-15-2018 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:48 AM   #48
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Calgary, AB, Canada

Wontons!

That is all.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:55 AM   #49
Power Member

Feb 2014

I love Dan Aykroyd. I love BOTH Ghostbusters movies. But at this point I just really REALLY don't want it to happen. I mean Harold Ramis is dead for crying out loud (and the rest of the cast is pushing 70). He was a load baring part of the foundation of Ghostbusters 1&2. Plus Bill Murray is just so sick of Ghostbusters talk at this point I just wish people would leave him alone about it. Not to mention the abortion that was GB 2016. Please Dan, STOP.
Thanks given by:
20th Century Boy (11-17-2018), DenOfEarth (11-16-2018)
Old 11-15-2018, 10:28 AM   #50
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
Boulder City, Nevada

Just let the franchise go already from film Ackroyd, the last film was a complete abortion as it was my pick of worst film of 2016 and a disgrace to the GB name. Time to retire this franchise on film as it's a dead horse on film.

Ghostbusters never needed to be continued in film. They couldn't get a cast reunion together outside the video game and after Harold Ramis died any idea about a third film should have been put to rest. They had plenty of material to work with the franchise in other mediums. It didn't need saving as a film franchise. It left enough of a legacy as a pop culture icon of the 80s to stay as a two film series. The problem is film studios are too greedy for their own good and think that established franchise films coming back hold some kind of guaranteed profit margins based on brand name alone. Nobody is smart enough to look at a brand like Ghostbusters and properly and efficiently determine the best ways to utilize it based on the fanbase and the legacy it holds.

Look at Back to the future as an example of utilizing the brand in ways that don't mess with the legacy it left. They show enormous respect to their fanbase coming out with different merchandise and apparel and media over the years. They know you can't recreate the magic they had so they let the franchise live on through the fans love of the trilogy. Ghostbusters did so well with the video game. They gave their fans something so authentic and respectful to the films that it's such a shame they had to go the route they did for GB2016 in order to bank off its name. I am very thankful the new film flopped at the box-office and how it killed the franchise and sometimes it's better to kill something then let it suffer. This franchise is now like a wounded half-dead animal since the Real GBs ended and nothing else good has came out in the last 25 years with the exception of the 2009 video game and the merchandise and comics by IDW, no movies since then and other games during the years have sucked and Extreme GBs was ok show and this remake flopped at the box-office.

You just can't recapture the same lightning in a bottle like the original as the original focused on a brilliant mature intelligent script and reminded how well crafted it is a supernatural fantasy comedy adventure with horror trimmings, a solid cast of talented comedy actors who are given just enough space to subtly give wit around without undermining the world of the story. Has an edge to it in the original as the original is what i call great filmmaking.

The new version hits some viewers in the face with painfully forced juvenile Sandler (modern Sandler mind you)-esque humor, a poorly written unfunny script, poor pacing and plus no passion but money grab is. Plus none of the edge of the original movie and a lame villain who lacks the menace of Gozer and Viggo. This shows what 80's and 90's comedy did right, and what some modern comedy is doing wrong. Not to mention shooting the logo in the dick as a bad guy which is an insult to the franchise and there is no passion in this remake and just a cash-grab made by Sony. I have a few female friends who thought this remake was poorly written, sexist towards men as one of my lady friends said it's an unfunny insult to women with such man hating agenda and well i enjoyed a few of Feig's movies, i felt he was the wrong guy for this project and even he didn't want to do it at first but he had to for the paycheck and he felt out of his comfort zone as R-rated films is what he is good at and not big budget PG-13 films as after this flopped, he should go back to original stuff.

Hollywood needs to focus on making good films and focus on the new franchises like Jack Reacher, John Wick etc. not digging up some old favorite franchises and desperately sucking the dried up blood of the corpses into some focus-group approved poorly written piece of junk like Ghostbusters 2016. Ghostbusters is best left alone. They should had made Ghostbusters 3 years ago like in the 90's, and now that Harold Ramis is dead so has Ghostbusters. Studios need to rediscover the spirit that made great series/movies, not keep recyling past glories.

I hope some people here will understand what i am saying as the world has moved on and some franchises need to be dead and left alone only for the memory of the original to be seen/loved/watched by everyone for years to come on what quality filmmaking is all about and that i am right with my truth about why some series should be left alone as some would and not to recycle some past glories as we moved on and need some fresh new things for current film.

Sometimes dead is better like Jud Crandall in Pet Sematary would say and the franchise died with Harold Ramis.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:30 PM   #51
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2015
Indoors™

Dan really wants to get a genuine Ghostbusters 3 movie made, but the trouble is that he and the rest of the original cast are getting old. Time is essentially running out for them to make a third movie, and this I believe has led to Dan accepting the awful offer (out of desperation) of making a new Ghostbusters movie, so there's another Ghostbusters movie 'out there'. I think Dan has trouble saying 'no' to hold out for better -- just like Rick Moranis said no to the female Ghostbusters movie.

His heart is in the right place, but his mind isn't. And this has essentially led to the disaster that is 2016 Ghostbusters. Maybe now that Dan has seen what works and what doesn't with 2016 Ghostbusters, he can hopefully fix those problems with decent writing, directing and also a decent cast. You want comedy? Get the Deadpool writers in on the project. Don't leave it to some kid who's flunking school. You want directing? Don't use someone who's main job is directing on Broadway, get someone with actual skill in movie directing. You want a cast? Don't take SNL skit wannabe comedians. There's plenty of real acting talent to choose from, including the original Ghostbusters cast.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:31 PM   #52
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylor View Post
[Show spoiler]Dan really wants to get a genuine Ghostbusters 3 movie made, but the trouble is that he and the rest of the original cast are getting old. Time is essentially running out for them to make a third movie, and this I believe has led to Dan accepting the awful offer (out of desperation) of making a new Ghostbusters movie, so there's another Ghostbusters movie 'out there'. I think Dan has trouble saying 'no' to hold out for better -- just like Rick Moranis said no to the female Ghostbusters movie.

His heart is in the right place, but his mind isn't. And this has essentially led to the disaster that is 2016 Ghostbusters. Maybe now that Dan has seen what works and what doesn't with 2016 Ghostbusters, he can hopefully fix those problems with decent writing, directing and also a decent cast. You want comedy? Get the Deadpool writers in on the project. Don't leave it to some kid who's flunking school. You want directing? Don't use someone who's main job is directing on Broadway, get someone with actual skill in movie directing.
You want a cast? Don't take SNL skit wannabe comedians. There's plenty of real acting talent to choose from, including the original Ghostbusters cast.
You're right! Take SNL and add SCTV and a no-name actor and BOOM. Haha Mostly kidding with my response! . I agree with your sentiment though. Dan has now seen what works, what doesn't, and what fans want.

The difference is Aykroyd, Murray, and Ramis had proven themselves as worthwhile comedians. Wiig and McCarthy have also done this, but McKinnon (who was the standout) and Jones had no real experience beyond SNL. Also, McCarthy gets severely mixed responses from her work.

I still find fault in the script/directing that falls solely on Feig, but I still enjoyed it for what its worth. It's nowhere near the original, but I could still have fun. Also, Feig created Freaks and Geeks and I did like Bridesmaids and from what I've read he's had some good films under his belt. He just missed with this one.

I think Aykroyd will always be pushing for GB3. And he and Murray were hanging rather recently:

So who knows what he's down for. Aykroyd could've been all like "remember how much fun we had" and Murray could've been feeling sentimental and said "get me a good script and we'll chat." The Murricane is getting older. Maybe he just wants to have fun and GB3 could be it.
[Show spoiler]or maybe not
Old 11-15-2018, 04:43 PM   #53
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchg View Post
this is so painful to watch yet hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui5dM5lqIPM

like which high profile screenwriter do they have penning the script, this very moment??
he is most likely just talking about himself scribbling away at his house lol
"can't say their names" so hilarious
no one wants to see abuncha saggy skin, out of shape actors playing ghostbusters.
he's just being really rude to the fanbase at this point, of which i am not a part of.
dan rather is all like "oh wow we got some breaking news here!"
HE'S being rude?!?
Old 11-15-2018, 05:26 PM   #54
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
Guydowood, GA

Sadly this Scream Awards appearance in 2010 will likely be the last time we see him dressed as a Ghostbuster.

murray.jpg

Now just take it in, and release.....
Old 11-15-2018, 05:38 PM   #55
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009

All this negativity. Pink Slime everywhere.
Thanks given by:
Guydowood (11-15-2018)
Old 11-15-2018, 05:46 PM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

As long as it doesn't reference the horrendous 2016 reboot, then fine although I still have no expectations
Old 11-15-2018, 06:02 PM   #57
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

I think Dan should just let Ghostbusters 3 go. But he seems to have a lot of paranormal stuff in his system and it means so much to him. He really needs an outlet for his ideas and a Netflix series could be a good bet, forget about been a movie comedy franchise and concentrate on on telling supernatural paranormal stories with all new ghostbusters keep some humour but focus on the weird.

Throw in some decent practical effects and I'm in.
Thanks given by:
DenOfEarth (11-16-2018), Himmel (11-15-2018)
Old 11-15-2018, 06:12 PM   #58
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2012

I like all three films. Sure, the second and remake are not in the same league as the first which is a classic but I still enjoy them. Not sure I want another film with the original cast since Egon is gone.
Thanks given by:
shinobipopcorn (11-15-2018)
Old 11-15-2018, 06:14 PM   #59
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009

I, too, like all 3, but 2 will always be my personal favorite. It was the first one I saw in theaters.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:09 PM   #60

Nov 2013
Houston, Texas

Where is Nothing But Trouble 2 Dan?
Thanks given by:
locomotive (08-25-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies