Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Rick and Morty: The Complete Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$69.99
15 hrs ago
My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.34

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$23.53
9 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$151.49

Penny Dreadful: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.19
23 hrs ago
One-Punch Man: Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.63
1 day ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$25.80

Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Ultraseven: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$13.99
11 hrs ago
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$32.77

InuYasha: Set 5 (Blu-ray)
$27.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 01-25-2020, 07:06 PM   #321
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josep5349 View Post
I just showed the last few posts to a few friends at the gym, I canít repeat they said but needless to say there was plenty laughter going on. I just wonder if you lot realise just how ridiculous your posts come across.
If so, what are you doing on this thread nerd?
Old 01-25-2020, 07:34 PM   #322
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman3 View Post
If so, what are you doing on this thread nerd?
Oh itís not the mere act discussing stuff on a forum, itís the armchair expert stuff (see the last few posts from the previous page)
Thanks given by:
jayman3 (01-26-2020)
Old 01-25-2020, 08:09 PM   #323
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
Rogue One had lots of problems. Mandalorian is a fluke. That's the only Fluke you're looking for.
Rogue One was very successful and popular with the fans and critics. The behind the scenes drama didn't hamper the quality of the film, like it did with Solo and ROS.
Thanks given by:
Captain Flint (01-26-2020), terp_fan99 (01-26-2020)
Old 01-25-2020, 09:39 PM   #324
Blu-ray Duke

Jan 2008

Quote:
Oh it’s not the mere act discussing stuff on a forum, it’s the armchair expert stuff (see the last few posts from the previous page)
Ok, let me try and diffuse this before it goes into a home theater message board bonfire -- just going to say in your defense, one of the unexpected comedy treasures I've discovered recently is Youtube videos of people raging after college football games. Comedy Gold. But in other people's defense, when it comes to Star Wars, they're just sharing what they care deeply about and I will go so far to say that there are indeed people on this planet who know more about franchise properties than the people making franchise properties...trust me, this is true...they just have other things going on, so don't be too quick to write people off or mock them.

That's it. All I have to say. (other than go look up YouTube videos of people losing their brains when their college football team flames out in a bowl game. It's pretty glorious.)

Last edited by Ernest Rister; 01-26-2020 at 12:19 AM.
Thanks given by:
jayman3 (01-26-2020)
Old 01-25-2020, 10:56 PM   #325
Expert Member

Sep 2016

Quote:
I just showed the last few posts to a few friends at the gym, I canít repeat they said but needless to say there was plenty laughter going on. I just wonder if you lot realise just how ridiculous your posts come across.
It's true. I even have footage of them. Josep's the one in blue.

Thanks given by:
Arawn (02-01-2020), banthafett (01-26-2020)
Old 01-26-2020, 12:21 AM   #326
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
Avondale, Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossyG View Post

--------

That lady is trash. GTFO with that nonsense that she is .
Old 01-26-2020, 12:35 AM   #327
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2017
In The Pages of DC Comics

Quote:

Yuck Disgrace Randolph one of the worst people in the Movie Biz
Old 01-26-2020, 01:02 AM   #328
Expert Member

Sep 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben6543 View Post

Yuck Disgrace Randolph one of the worst people in the Movie Biz
Bit of a woke type and an annoying voice, but I still would, though.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:27 AM   #329
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2015

Quote:
Yeah, sure you did. No one on an online forum goes to the gym or has friends.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:58 AM   #330
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Oh itís not the mere act discussing stuff on a forum, itís the armchair expert stuff (see the last few posts from the previous page)
Okay
Old 01-26-2020, 08:15 AM   #331
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Rister View Post
Ok, let me try and diffuse this before it goes into a home theater message board bonfire -- just going to say in your defense, one of the unexpected comedy treasures I've discovered recently is Youtube videos of people raging after college football games. Comedy Gold. But in other people's defense, when it comes to Star Wars, they're just sharing what they care deeply about and I will go so far to say that there are indeed people on this planet who know more about franchise properties than the people making franchise properties...trust me, this is true...they just have other things going on, so don't be too quick to write people off or mock them.

That's it. All I have to say. (other than go look up YouTube videos of people losing their brains when their college football team flames out in a bowl game. It's pretty glorious.)
It’s one thing to care and know about the franchise and quite another for someone to presume to know about running a successful multimillion franchise better than those currently doing so, and indeed to insult them. As examples below (from previous page) demonstrate;

Quote:
plain and simple Kathleen Kennedy and bob iger are ignoramuses and if were talking about the marvel side of things as well kevin feige is a train wreak too
Quote:
It just adds to the image of Lucasfilm being chaotic, badly run, and a place to be avoided by top talent (or any professional who has has a choice of working there or elsewhere).
Make no mistake, these people are delusional, they are rude and shouldn’t be given a break. They need a reality check. Thankfully “fans” like this are in the minority and confined to the internet, possibly because no one takes them seriously in the real world.

Last edited by Josep5349; 01-26-2020 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:34 AM   #332
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2009
The O.C.

Oh the poor studio execs!

What ever will they do?!
Thanks given by:
RossyG (01-26-2020)
Old 01-26-2020, 10:07 AM   #333
Expert Member

Sep 2016

Quote:
Make no mistake, these people are delusional, they are rude and shouldn’t be given a break. They need a reality check
Ok, Muscle Mary, lets look at the facts.

The Force Awakens - delayed six months after being rushed into production

Rogue One - Original director sidelined for reshoots

The Last Jedi - actors allowed to slate it after the fact.

Solo - Directors fired after shooting 80% of the film

Rise of Skywalker - Original director is fired or quits. New director is forced to do massive reshoots and is dissatisfied with the final cut. Cast openly taking the piss out of it and vowing not to appear in other SW properties.

Directors of proposed new trilogy - fired or quit

Obi Wan series - on hiatus

Rian Johnson trilogy - by all accounts cancelled.

Boba Fett film - director fired; project cancelled

Also, the head of the script department fired against the wishes of Kathleen Kennedy.

How much experience do you need to see that Lucasfilm isn’t running smoothly to put it mildly? You don’t have to have run a studio to know that top talent isn’t going to look at all this and say, I’d like to work in that environment. Some might want to make a Star Wars film, but they’ll wait until after the management has been restructured.

Instead of pretending to be jocks sneering at the nerds (if you were really a jock you’d hardly be posting here with that avatar), you and your friends need to unhook yourself from your stirrups, cork the lube, and think for once.
Thanks given by:
banthafett (01-28-2020), Captain Flint (01-27-2020), Franchot (01-26-2020)
Old 01-26-2020, 10:23 AM   #334
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
Ok, Muscle Mary, lets look at the facts.

The Force Awakens - delayed six months after being rushed into production

Rogue One - Original director sidelined for reshoots

The Last Jedi - actors allowed to slate it after the fact.

Solo - Directors fired after shooting 80% of the film

Rise of Skywalker - Original director is fired or quits. New director is forced to do massive reshoots and is dissatisfied with the final cut. Cast openly taking the piss out of it and vowing not to appear in other SW properties.

Directors of proposed new trilogy - fired or quit

Obi Wan series - on hiatus

Rian Johnson trilogy - by all accounts cancelled.

Boba Fett film - director fired; project cancelled

Also, the head of the script department fired against the wishes of Kathleen Kennedy.

How much experience do you need to see that Lucasfilm isn’t running smoothly to put it mildly? You don’t have to have run a studio to know that top talent isn’t going to look at all this and say, I’d like to work in that environment. Some might want to make a Star Wars film, but they’ll wait until after the management has been restructured.

Instead of pretending to be jocks sneering at the nerds (if you were really a jock you’d hardly be posting here with that avatar), you and your friends need to unhook yourself from your stirrups, cork the lube, and think for once.
Firstly, that’s not my username. If you are addressing me by name, use my username. You’re an adult, behave accordingly. Secondly, the things you describe is standard fare in tv and movie production; chaos, drama, hiring, firing, stress, anxiety, etc. It’s why these people are paid the big bucks. It comes with the territory. What matters is the end product. If you like it great, if you don’t also great, and we are free to express what we enjoyed or didn’t. However, having a deep connection and knowledge of a franchise does not mean you are qualified to run a franchise or loook down on those who do. Most reasonable people can make that distinction.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:42 AM   #335
Expert Member

Sep 2016

Ok, Mary, calm down. Don’t get your jockstrap in a twist.

And people who read threads to their mates to take the piss and then go back to inform those posters on that thread, complete with emojis, don’t get the moral high ground when it comes to acting like an adult.

The behind the scenes chaos at Lucasfilm is affecting the product (see Rise of Skywalker) and damaging the brand. Disney are aware of this even if you aren’t.

And can you think of any franchise of five films or more that has had this many problems affecting just about everything they do? Only the DCEU comes close and would you say that was a well run enterprise?
Thanks given by:
Captain Flint (01-27-2020)
Old 01-26-2020, 10:56 AM   #336
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
Ok, Mary, calm down. Don’t get your jockstrap in a twist.

And people who read threads to their mates to take the piss and then go back to inform those posters on that thread, complete with emojis, don’t get the moral high ground when it comes to acting like an adult.

The behind the scenes chaos at Lucasfilm is affecting the product (see Rise of Skywalker) and damaging the brand. Disney are aware of this even if you aren’t.

And can you think of any franchise of five films or more that has had this many problems affecting just about everything they do? Only the DCEU comes close and would you say that was a well run enterprise?
I won’t ask you again about name calling, it’s inappropriate and reflects poorly on your character. You’re equating you actively throwing insults around with people reacting to what you post on an Internet forum. If you don’t like the fact that the stuff you post is open to everyone to read and is the object of ridicule by the general population perhaps you do really need a reality check.

Off the top of my head, I suggest you take a look at the documentary Chaos on the Bridge as just one example of another famous franchise’s behind the scenes traumas.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:37 PM   #337
Expert Member

Sep 2016

If you don’t think what you did was insulting, you should really read it back and think about it. I don’t mind, but if you dish it out you have to be prepared to get some back. That’s the Internet!

But thanks for the recommendation. I’ll take a look at Chaos on the Bridge. Just read the synopsis and it sounds interesting.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:56 PM   #338
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
If you don’t think what you did was insulting, you should really read it back and think about it. I don’t mind, but if you dish it out you have to be prepared to get some back. That’s the Internet!

But thanks for the recommendation. I’ll take a look at Chaos on the Bridge. Just read the synopsis and it sounds interesting.
You're clearly uncomfortable with how your posts are being perceived by the general public, and so you should be. Most reasonable people find them ridiculous. You reacting by throwing insults only adds to the ridicule. The fact that you bring up the old if you can’t take it don’t dish it is pretty funny in itself as you have no problems criticising but as soon as criticism comes your way you clearly have trouble handling it like an adult.

Last edited by Josep5349; 01-26-2020 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:58 PM   #339
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2014

Both of you are children. This pissing contest is really sad.
Thanks given by:
Falaskan (01-26-2020), terp_fan99 (01-26-2020)
Old 01-26-2020, 02:46 PM   #340
Blu-ray Duke

Jan 2008

Quote:
It’s one thing to care and know about the franchise and quite another for someone to presume to know about running a successful multimillion franchise better than those currently doing so, and indeed to insult them.
I don't think anybody wakes up in the morning trying to fail, or wanting to be angry, or embarrass themselves. I think people in management decisions don't know what other people know, which is how and why talented people get hired in the first place. Somebody can do something you can't. Really no different than hiring someone to re-roof a house. Nuts and bolts knowledge by executives in the arts is rare, but that's why other people get hired in the first place. People are hired because they can re-roof the house, but sometimes, the people re-roofing the house have their opinions, but they work for people with their own unique problems and attitudes. Like a lot of debates...when sides are not arguing the same thing, you get frustration and friction. Doesn't mean either is wrong. Doesn't mean either is right. Just two sides trying to do the right thing. And then people drive by and snark at how you re-roofed your house, when they've never re-roofed a house and don't know the unique particular issues both sides had to tackle.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows