Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

Shenmue III (PS4)
$9.99

Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99

Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection (PS4)
$36.04

XIII (PS4)
$24.00

NHL 21 Ultimate Edition (PS4)
$41.08
8 min ago
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (PS4)
$19.93

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV (PS4)
$39.99

The Fisherman: Fishing Planet (PS4)
$27.99

Who Wants to Be A Millionare (PS4)
$19.99

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood (PS4)
$49.99

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of An Elusive Age (PS4)
$32.84

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 04-05-2019, 03:41 AM   #21
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2013
Chicago

The anti consumer practice of making pc gamers use EPIC games trash launcher over Steam is really annoying. Guess I wont pre order.
Old 04-05-2019, 04:39 AM   #22
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyCosts View Post
The anti consumer practice of making pc gamers use EPIC games trash launcher over Steam is really annoying. Guess I wont pre order.
Debate for another thread.

Alls I say is Steam needs competition. Epic is the only one with cash to make that actually happen. Playing dirty yes. That’s how most companies get to success.
Thanks given by:
Omegaice (04-05-2019)
Old 04-05-2019, 07:22 AM   #23
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2013
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Debate for another thread.

Alls I say is Steam needs competition. Epic is the only one with cash to make that actually happen. Playing dirty yes. That’s how most companies get to success.
The competition is all significantly inferior and I shouldn't be forced to use it. Origin, epic etc. I'm guessing you're playing on console so it's easy to say "competition". No.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:51 PM   #24
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
The competition is all significantly inferior and I shouldn't be forced to use it. Origin, epic etc. I'm guessing you're playing on console so it's easy to say "competition". No.
Yeah I’ll probably get this on PS4 since I have all other Borderland games there.

If I had those games on Xbox I’d probably get the new one on that console.

btw, You ain’t forced. Simply wait.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:46 PM   #25
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2013
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Yeah I’ll probably get this on PS4 since I have all other Borderland games there.

If I had those games on Xbox I’d probably get the new one on that console.

btw, You ain’t forced. Simply wait.
Um ok its half a year. Would you want to wait that? Again no
Old 04-06-2019, 03:20 AM   #26
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Plenty of other games to keep you busy. Should I be angry that the game isn’t out right now?
Thanks given by:
Harry Güchenschlong (04-09-2019)
Old 04-06-2019, 09:27 AM   #27
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

Quote:
There's blame put on Steam as well. With developers getting a smaller cut with their games on Steam compared to Epic it's no surprise why some games/devs are going with Epic.
Thanks given by:
Omegaice (04-06-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 03:16 PM   #28
Expert Member

Dec 2014
Colorado

Quote:
Six months... lol who gives a shit. I've bought tons of games well over a year after they've been sitting on store shelves. There's no law that requires us to buy any of this crap the exact moment they are for sale.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:11 AM   #29
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Let Me In!

https://xboxdev.com/borderlands-3-al...eys-fuer-euch/
Old 07-26-2019, 12:42 AM   #30
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Let Me In!

Old 07-26-2019, 11:23 AM   #31

Oct 2010
Kelso

I hope it's a wee bit less stingy with the rarer weapons during the first playthrough than B2 was. I noticed in B2 that the weapons I'd get with keys would be good enough that everything else I found during the rest of my playthrough was vastly inferior. Meaning that one of the games biggest draws (loot) was no longer a factor.
Old 07-27-2019, 08:03 AM   #32
Blu-ray Guru

May 2017
🇺🇸

Bought another PS4 for this game, so I can play online with a cousin.
Thanks given by:
Grim Reaper (07-27-2019)
Old 08-01-2019, 10:58 PM   #33
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Let Me In!

Borderlands 3 Has Gone Gold

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/07...-has-gone-gold

It seems like only yesterday that Borderlands 3 was revealed and it's already nearly upon us. The game's initial showing at PAX East was marred by some technical difficulties, but it doesn't seem like the same thing is happening to the game itself, as it has gone gold over a month ahead of its release date.

The news comes in the form of a tweet from Gearbox themselves this afternoon, celebrating the occasion with an appropriately tinted GIF.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Borderla...-has-gone-gold

In the video game industry, going gold means that a game has reached a point where they can press a master disc upon which all other discs are based on. This does not necessarily mean that the game is at 1.0. In theory, a master disc could contain most or all of the game but still be unplayable for content or quality reasons until an update is applied. Still, if it is being shipped out for production now, I cannot imagine there is too much that needs to be fixed.

Borderlands 3 releases on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on September 13.

Thanks given by:
davey1995 (08-15-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 02:45 AM   #34
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Not a fan of the new siren. Will check out the other characters instead.
Old 08-09-2019, 04:42 AM   #35
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Let Me In!

Borderlands 3 will let you prioritize graphics or frame rate on PS4 Pro

https://www.gamesradar.com/borderlan...te-on-ps4-pro/

As consoles become more and more like PCs - that is, increasingly powerful and with multiple versions available - once PC-only optimization settings are becoming more common. As Gearbox online and social producer owner Scott Velasquez explained in a new PlayStation Blog post, Borderlands 3 is the latest game to offer PC-like graphics options - at least on PS4 Pro.

"The PS4 is an amazing console, but the PS4 Pro takes things to another level and allows us to push the game further by running at higher resolutions and higher framerates," Velasquez said, adding that Borderlands 3 will support 4K and HDR output on PS4 Pro as well. More pertinently, PS4 Pro owners will be able to choose between better visuals or a better frame rate.

"Players will be able to choose between 'favor resolution' and 'favor performance' on the PS4 Pro through a new setting called Graphics Preference," he explained. "When 'favor resolution' is selected, we aim for the highest resolution possible, capping framerate at 30 frames per second. In 'favor performance' mode, we increase the framerate cap to 60 frames per second and render at 1080P."

Notably, even when rendering at 1080p, the game will still look sharper than usual thanks to the PS4 Pro's supersampling. Favoring performance and playing at 60 FPS also has the added benefit of giving you more of a buffer against frame drops - dipping from 30 to 24 is much more noticeable than going from 60 to 54 - so I reckon it'll become the go-to way to play for many people, especially in multiplayer where the screen is more cluttered.

Velasquez only discussed the options available on PS4 Pro - this is a PlayStation Blog post we're talking about here - but this feature will likely be available on Xbox One X as well. It's considerably more powerful than the PS4 Pro, so it's surely capable of it. In any case, it's nice to see console games giving players more options as the variety of systems and screens increases.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:31 AM   #36
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Let Me In!

Borderlands 3 has Ice-T playing a sentient teddy bear, because of course it does

https://www.gamesradar.com/borderlan...ourse-it-does/

Sometimes, the stars align for casting directors, in the perfect marriage of actor and character that you can't even tell where reality ends and the fiction begins. Think Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man, Christoph Waltz as Hans Landa, Ice-T as a pink teddy with serious anger issues in Borderlands 3.

I'm dead serious; the rapper and famous gaming aficionado is making his first major game appearance in Gearbox's upcoming shooter, playing the role of BALEX - a navigation AI stuck in the body of a cuddly toy for... well, reasons. Borderlands 3's Creative Director Paul Sage, at a recent preview event, revealed to GamesRadar how the partnership came about.

"That's a great question!", jokes Sage. "Ice-T is a big gamer and I think he came out and one point saying he was a Borderlands fan, and then he and [Gearbox CEO] Randy Pitchford got in touch, and we asked him if he would be interested in voicing this character. He was killer in the studio and an awesome guy from everything else I know, so it's fantastic to have him."

And, I cannot overstate this, Ice-T is genuinely brilliant in the role; funny, enthused, and a perfect match for Gearbox's flamboyant script. BALEX isn't just another voice in your ear, though, during our preview on one of Borderlands 3's new planets, Eden-6, the sentient teddy bear found his way into an armoured mech, and fought alongside us through one of the game's many new dungeons.

Hopefully BALEX is just one of several fresh faces to expand out Borderlands already extensive roster of NPCs, alongside a bunch of returning heroes from previous games, as Sage promises Gearbox is holding back certain character reveals for players once they get their hands on the game come September 13. Still, what can beat Ice-T?
Old 08-15-2019, 10:40 PM   #37
Expert Member

Dec 2014
Colorado

This is weird.

I've been hyped for this game seemingly forever. Now that it's getting close, the more I see of it, the less I care. Now I think I'll just wait a year and pick up the "Game of the year Edition" for $29.99.

Not sure what's going on... never lost interest in games I've been hyped for. Just not really feeling it anymore.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:41 PM   #38
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
San Antonio, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Güchenschlong View Post
This is weird.

I've been hyped for this game seemingly forever. Now that it's getting close, the more I see of it, the less I care. Now I think I'll just wait a year and pick up the "Game of the year Edition" for $29.99.

Not sure what's going on... never lost interest in games I've been hyped for. Just not really feeling it anymore.
I kind of agree with you. I just went back and watched all of the character videos. None of them are screaming play me like the last games did. The only one that I find interesting is FL4K. I'll still pick it up because I know that I'll like the story once it gets going but I'm not taking time off from work to play it.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:24 PM   #39
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2008
Coronado, Ca.
USA

I'm still looking forward to it but as hyped as I was when BL2 released. Also using Maya as my main all these years has kind of ruined the other characters for me. I'll be using Amara for my first play through but I can already tell I'll be comparing her to Maya.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:32 PM   #40
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

I am still way excited for this game. This is one of the few series my wife loves and we are looking forward to playing split-screen co-op. I am still trying to decide what character I want to play through with.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Tags
boerderlands, gearbox