Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99

Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99

Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99

Mass Effect Legendary Edition (PS4)
$59.88
9 hrs ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99

Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99

NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99

Ys: Memories of Celceta (PS4)
$29.99
1 day ago
Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 11-01-2019, 01:56 PM   #41
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by i007spectre View Post
Guess I need to cancel my preorder for this game now that it will be cross gen.
It's actually pretty interesting to see such a massive publisher come out and basically confirm this considering how much it potentially could hurt current gen sales in a "Wait and see" approach. Much like you basically demonstrate.

That said, i'm also holding off on all PS4 games releasing atm. There's no clear cut explanation as to how a PS4 version with BC even using Pro performance (possibly) might compare to a PS5 specific disk/digital version.

There's just too many variables atm. So i'm in a serious "Wait and see" mode about this.
Thanks given by:
i007spectre (11-02-2019)
Old 01-04-2020, 02:06 AM   #42
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Old news, but Watch Dogs Legion was delayed till later in 2020, probably to match the release of the PS5 since this game has been confirmed to be cross generation with PS4 and PS5.

Will have to cancel my pre-order if there's going to be a better PS5 version. They confirmed offline play is in the game, so that's what got me to pre-order. If it was online only, I'd avoid it.
Old 01-06-2020, 07:37 PM   #43
Power Member

Aug 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
I think ubisoft games are good in small doses, meaning I only get 1 or 2 installments of their main games in a single generation

for example this gen I bought: Assassin's Creed Origins, Far Cry Primal and The Division, and had blast with all of them, Origins was probably my favorite game that year, and I put +100 hours in The Division
The last two AC games have been my favorites of the franchise. And I've loved every Far Cry game I've played (4, Primal, 5, 5.5). Still pissed you can't find the full edition of Far Cry 4 on disc anymore - I really wanted to do the sasquatch dlc, but wasn't about to encourage this ludicrous fixation game developers have with exploiting gamers with dlc. I'll have to check into The Division, if it rivals those.

As for Watchdogs. The first took me a bit to get into it, but once I did I couldn't put it down, despite uninspired characters and story. The setting and gameplay ultimately proved sufficient to keep my interest. I honestly just couldn't give the second the same chance. After a week or two of nightly sessions, I still hadn't gotten into the story in the slightest and decided there were other games I was much more interested in. I kind of hate that I didn't stick it out a little longer, as I don't even think I'd really gotten into the story yet, assuming it evolved into something bigger than what I'd seen. But the gameplay was getting old too fast and I simply wasn't having any fun in my free time. The London setting of the next one looks intriguing. So, IF it gets absolutely glowing reviews, I'll probably give the franchise another go around with it.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (07-07-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 04:48 PM   #44
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

The second game, they ruined the weapons wheel, forcing only two junky weapons at a time compared to the awesome wheel of the first game. They also zoomed way back on the bike while riding, so it looks like a tiny bike onscreen instead of feeling like you're almost on the bike, and for the character too, zooming out.

It looks like they learned a lesson for the on foot in Legion anyway, with a closer camera view.

For Watch Dogs Legion on PS4, it's on sale $20 off on amazon .com for 39.99 instead of 59.99 at the moment. I still rather have a PS5 version.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:59 PM   #45
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Never played the first one, but thought the second one was a blast even if I didnít particularly care for the characters. Third one looks great although Iím not too keen on the ďpost-BrexitĒ setting, Ubisoftís Ďpartisaní take will likely remove all edges from it, so it already feels a little dated and generalised before itíll even hit shelves.
Old 07-12-2020, 07:39 PM   #46
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Here's 45 new minutes of detailed gameplay. The on foot camera view is closer as with the first game, which is great to see. When it's too far as with WD2, I feel more detached from the game's world. Good move in this regard to bring the camera closer.

Ubisoft Forward takes place today at 3 PM Eastern Time, and 12 PM West Coast.
Thanks given by:
Derb (07-13-2020)
Old 07-12-2020, 08:40 PM   #47
Special Member

Jun 2012
Germany

As much as I loved the second game, I hope they'll dial down the hipsterness a little. That was a little ridiculous in part 2. The thing I'm most worried about is the game's story. If you can play all kinds of characters I'm not sure how they'll manage to tell a compelling story. But then again storytelling was never this series's strength so it may not matter that much.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:02 AM   #48
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

Yeah I always wanted to play Watch Dogs 2, mostly for the San Francisco setting and freedom to customize and play with only non-lethal weapons. The hipsterness probably goes well with the setting lol, but I still never played it. I'm starting to warm up to Legion though. The concept certainly is interesting that you can recruit ANY NPC to your team (could it really be true?!). I wonder if your team members can get killed off or not. And if anyone is concerned about the story since you play as a bunch of characters.. well Borderlands 3 seemed to handle the inconsequential characters you play as "well".
Old 07-13-2020, 02:03 AM   #49
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
YouTube
Here's 45 new minutes of detailed gameplay. The on foot camera view is closer as with the first game, which is great to see. When it's too far as with WD2, I feel more detached from the game's world. Good move in this regard to bring the camera closer.

Ubisoft Forward takes place today at 3 PM Eastern Time, and 12 PM West Coast.
Nice.

Will see if this is any good.
Old 07-13-2020, 05:11 AM   #50
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Old 07-13-2020, 10:03 AM   #51
Special Member

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Curry View Post
Yeah I always wanted to play Watch Dogs 2, mostly for the San Francisco setting and freedom to customize and play with only non-lethal weapons. The hipsterness probably goes well with the setting lol, but I still never played it. I'm starting to warm up to Legion though. The concept certainly is interesting that you can recruit ANY NPC to your team (could it really be true?!). I wonder if your team members can get killed off or not. And if anyone is concerned about the story since you play as a bunch of characters.. well Borderlands 3 seemed to handle the inconsequential characters you play as "well".
This is my biggest question about this game. How far does it go? How many unique animations/voice actors/tools etc? It's a great concept which would be excellent if properly committed to but I'm worried the differences will all be a bit surface, that there will only really be 5 or 6 different play types and there will only be 10 or so different voice actors. If this was another studio or a new IP I might have a bit more confidence but I feel like Ubisoft only ever take half steps forward with their games nowadays and then sell them as revolutions.
Thanks given by:
Blu-Curry (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 10:34 AM   #52

Sep 2016

The game looks good, though things are already pretty crowded this year for great games as it is.
Old 07-13-2020, 07:09 PM   #53
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

My guess is that there will be clones, or maybe it will be like classes, for example all the old ladies will play the same, but have different skins
Old 10-28-2020, 06:56 PM   #54
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
United Kingdom

Mine arrived today. Played for an hour or so, but I think Iím going to start again as I couldnít use my season pass, I assume it will be available at midnight.

However let me say that Iíve played a lot of open world games and this is the first one Iíve found to be utterly overwhelming. Just before I turned it off, I was just stood in a park with my head spinning.

I must add that this is not a negative, on the contrary itís the opposite. I can see me getting many many hours from this. Love it.

Thanks given by:
John1701D (10-28-2020), Zivouhr (11-10-2020)
Old 10-28-2020, 08:46 PM   #55
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011
Dallas, TX

I think I'll pick this up. The reviews are so mixed, Game Informer loved it but Slant made it sound awful.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:42 PM   #56
Blu-ray Prince

Sep 2014

I kind of want this since I liked 1 & 2 but not at full price. Iíll wait for a sale to pick it up.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:03 AM   #57
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

I still have questions about this game even after reviews.

1. How many NPC abilities, weapons, traits, etc. are there, and are NPCs randomized or specific classes? If there's a specific trait I'm looking for, are there specific NPCs to look for? Maybe that's just for the more specialized characters. But for everyone else, if traits are randomized, how many unique combinations are there?

2. How many voice actors are there for the NPCs in the game?! Characters talk to each other and even to the AI.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:57 PM   #58
Special Member

Aug 2011

Anyone else think that the season pass for this looks incredibly poor? I remember seeing the roadmaps for AC Origins and AC Odyssey and being really impressed by the amount of free and paid for content that they had lined up. Nothing here looks like it's worth stumping up £33 for (current PS Store UK price).

The largest amount of content in the pass seems to sit with the inclusion of the original game, which a lot of people will have already played this generation. That it is being included and they haven't even bothered to upgrade the graphics to something approximating the E3 demo I think just shows how little they care. We know the coding was there for a lot of it and this is going to launch on next gen! What a great inclusion it would have been if they had said "we're including the original game the way we initially wanted it to look and, in some ways, it will be even better than that". Talk about half-arsed. At least the AC3 that came with AC: Odyssey was a remastered version and Odyssey also came with some DLC that was actually pretty significant in scope. Nothing in this season pass looks like it's worth stumping up £33 for. Hard pass.
Old 10-31-2020, 07:01 PM   #59
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
United Kingdom

I donít want to sound like some old fart complaining about stuff, but my god, the swearing in this is just appalling. Obviously people swear in real life but there are conversations in this that are just jam packed with unneeded expletives.

Instead of it being an integral part of the conversations, itís like a group of teenagers have seen how many naughty words they can get in.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:15 AM   #60
Power Member

Feb 2008
Norwich - UK

The frame rate and crashes are really hurting my experience.
This game isn’t as big a step forward as the second. It’s lacking polish and there are glitches everywhere.
I was playing red dead 2 before wd so I maybe judging it unfairly.
Overall I like it, quite arcade like.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4