Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dreams (PS4)
$9.99
1 day ago
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99
1 day ago
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99
1 day ago
Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection (PS4)
$32.53
6 hrs ago
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 11-01-2020, 08:35 AM   #61
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prog5000 View Post
The frame rate and crashes are really hurting my experience.
This game isnít as big a step forward as the second. Itís lacking polish and there are glitches everywhere.
I was playing red dead 2 before wd so I maybe judging it unfairly.
Overall I like it, quite arcade like.
Finished watching DFís review on performance.

Seems to run best on PS4 Pro. Though should perform better on PS5.

That said, lots of bugs & hard crashes with screen tear on base consoles doesnít sound good.
Old 11-01-2020, 07:34 PM   #62

Sep 2016

Yeah I was looking into this one, but it's fallen to the bottom of the pile for now.
Old 11-09-2020, 10:18 AM   #63
Power Member

Feb 2008
Norwich - UK

I found this watch dogs quite boring. Can’t see myself finishing it.
Old 11-10-2020, 01:26 AM   #64
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Curry View Post
I still have questions about this game even after reviews.

1. How many NPC abilities, weapons, traits, etc. are there, and are NPCs randomized or specific classes? If there's a specific trait I'm looking for, are there specific NPCs to look for? Maybe that's just for the more specialized characters. But for everyone else, if traits are randomized, how many unique combinations are there?

2. How many voice actors are there for the NPCs in the game?! Characters talk to each other and even to the AI.

NPC abilities, so far I've found about 20 variations that actually matter, some including weapons, special abilities like shocking anyone, and so on. You can also earn special agents through clearing areas. I earned a free John Wick like character that way. She just appeared in my list of agents to play.
Construction workers have nice abilities, along with Albion Armored agents.
Combinations? I think more will unlock as I play the main story. Right now, I earned all of the tech points I need.

Tech points upgrade your spider-bot drone, and abilities to hack and take over the enemy drones, which is awesome.

As a note, any agent can hack and control a flying large construction drone to ride on. Construction workers drones are the fastest though. Their special Nail Gun is like a real gun.

Lots of real guns in the game, but so far I'm unable to share them between agents most times.

You can adjust the clothing of any character you earn. Right now, some of my main agents dress in black with sun glasses and a vest similar to Neo from the Matrix.

I've noticed most agents are skilled with weapons, which is unrealistic, but still a relief when in combat. Some weapons are weaker than others.

Finding the tech points is a lot of fun IMO, requiring puzzle solving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkblack View Post
I donít want to sound like some old fart complaining about stuff, but my god, the swearing in this is just appalling. Obviously people swear in real life but there are conversations in this that are just jam packed with unneeded expletives.

Instead of it being an integral part of the conversations, itís like a group of teenagers have seen how many naughty words they can get in.
Agreed. There is unnecessary swearing that seems pointless in a simple sentence, but it's there anyway. Thankfully the main AI leader bot doesn't swear, and he talks the most so far for the side missions.

I'm finally going to start the main missions with the PS5 upgrade hopefully this Friday. So I'll see more of the swearing in the main story.
Thanks given by:
dirkblack (11-10-2020)
Old 11-10-2020, 03:50 AM   #65
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
NPC abilities, so far I've found about 20 variations that actually matter, some including weapons, special abilities like shocking anyone, and so on. You can also earn special agents through clearing areas. I earned a free John Wick like character that way. She just appeared in my list of agents to play.
Construction workers have nice abilities, along with Albion Armored agents.
Combinations? I think more will unlock as I play the main story. Right now, I earned all of the tech points I need.

Tech points upgrade your spider-bot drone, and abilities to hack and take over the enemy drones, which is awesome.

As a note, any agent can hack and control a flying large construction drone to ride on. Construction workers drones are the fastest though. Their special Nail Gun is like a real gun.

Lots of real guns in the game, but so far I'm unable to share them between agents most times.

You can adjust the clothing of any character you earn. Right now, some of my main agents dress in black with sun glasses and a vest similar to Neo from the Matrix.

I've noticed most agents are skilled with weapons, which is unrealistic, but still a relief when in combat. Some weapons are weaker than others.

Finding the tech points is a lot of fun IMO, requiring puzzle solving.

Agreed. There is unnecessary swearing that seems pointless in a simple sentence, but it's there anyway. Thankfully the main AI leader bot doesn't swear, and he talks the most so far for the side missions.

I'm finally going to start the main missions with the PS5 upgrade hopefully this Friday. So I'll see more of the swearing in the main story.
The vernacular of the lefties
Old 11-10-2020, 03:09 PM   #66
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Yeah, like usually when a character is mad, they'll swear, but in this game, they're just talking calmly and then start swearing. I'm not affected by it personally, but I can understand why someone could be bothered by it a bit.

It's not too often. It's not like watching Midnight Run with Robert De Niro, which is probably the most swearing I've seen in a movie from the late 80s. Literally almost every sentence he's swearing.
Old 11-15-2020, 04:34 PM   #67

Sep 2019

Warning this game has an auto save glitch.

The game will say it’s lost connection, it will at some point crash and then when you reload it will load an auto save the last time it had connection to the server.

First time I only had to redo two missions, not to painful. Second time I had to redo about 5, bit of a pisser. Third time and I’m just about to finish the second to last mission and after the reload it puts me back 12 missions... **** that, out of the drive it comes, back in the box and as soon as lockdown ends here it’s getting traded in before it loses anymore value.

**** this peace of broken shit, I was enjoying the game but this is a piss take. Just watch the end on YouTube instead.
Old 12-06-2020, 11:51 AM   #68
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Really not enjoying this, might wait until I get the PS5 and see if it works better but feels sluggish and unplayable currently with the constant screen tear and just bareable frame rate. I wouldnít mind but the multi-character angle just doesnít seem to be utilised well at all and the whole thing just appears clunky and messy. Strangely enough this wasnít much of an issue with the second game.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4