Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Humpback Whales 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.50

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Man of Steel 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.85
12 hrs ago
House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

The 3-D Nudie-Cuties Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.71

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 06-13-2019, 03:34 PM   #1

May 2014
Question Epson 5050 / 6050 projector

Has anyone had a chance to view a 3D movie on either of these machine? Wondering about cross talk with each. Would appreciate your opinion if you have seen them in action.
Thank you.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:36 AM   #2
Power Member

Jan 2012
Parts Unknown

I have a previous model and love it. I would imagine it would be just as good. Epson 3D is awesome.
Thanks given by:
br3ttD (06-15-2019)
Old 06-15-2019, 05:31 PM   #3

Sep 2013

I have an a 5010 and the 3d is awesome. no Crosstalk , Imagine a newer model is just as good or even better .
Thanks given by:
br3ttD (06-15-2019)
Old 06-15-2019, 08:11 PM   #4

May 2014

Thank you for your above comments. Makes me want to keep moving forward!!
Old 02-03-2020, 06:55 PM   #5

Oct 2009
GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert kaplan View Post
Thank you for your above comments. Makes me want to keep moving forward!!
Did you ever move forward with this? I just bought the Epson 5050ub and just waiting on my 3D glasses to test this projector. Just wondering what your thoughts were.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:44 PM   #6

May 2019

My 5040ub has crosstalk. Not a lot with the right settings except for certain movies like the Lichtmond series and ones that are made to really take advantage of 3d. Those are nearly unwatchable. I am looking to find a bright DLP just for 3d to supplement the 5040ub's excellent 2d pic. It does have good brightness in 3d at least.
Old 06-15-2020, 02:01 PM   #7

Oct 2009
GA

Just wanted to update with my experience with the Epson 5050ub. I was at first very disappointed with 3D on this set especially coming from my passive 65" LG OLED TV and after demos after demos using Samsung active 3D glasses which I already had from my previous TV... I gave up and strictly used the projector for 2D viewing only and 3D on the LG OLED and this was back in March of this year.

The problem was, any 3D movies I had, the kids wanted to watch it on the big screen and forego the 3D on the LG (I guess screen size does matter... I have 150" screen currently) and they said that 2D on the big screen is better than the 3D on mere 65" TV. So.. I had to give up watching all of my 3D movies to strictly 2D and even though the big screen helps, I was still missing out on the 3D.

So.... being active participant on AVSForums, Epson released a new firmware for my projector and people were using the Xpand X105 3D glasses with really good results so I gave it a shot over the weekend with optimized picture setting as well for 3D and OMG... I was blown away. 3D on the big screen is like an experience like no other. I watched countless demos after demos of many 3D movies and it was so amazing... Epson had too many crosstalk, it was dim, and flickering of the active glasses made the experience really bad but all that was gone now. Not sure if it was the firmware, the new 3D glasses, or what but the 3D experience I was getting far surpassed the experience I have with my passive OLED TV.

So... I brought my kids for a 3D demo and since I only had 1 glasses, I had to do it individually but they were blown away too. They were like OMG OMG...haha... they were blown away like I was. They were saying this was so much better than the TV and even the 3D was more effective they were saying. Anyway, had to order 3 more glasses (they are not cheap btw) so that our family of 4 could enjoy 3D again at last.

With that said, I think a proper projector with right active 3D glasses will blow anyone away and who says 3D is dead? This week, our movie nights will only be in 3D!
Old 06-15-2020, 02:33 PM   #8

Mar 2008
NE USA

Haven’t tried 5050UB, but crosstalk and ghosting was awful on 5040. I switched to DLP, which is rock solid for 3D. Currently have a BenQ HT3550.
Old 06-15-2020, 03:00 PM   #9

Oct 2009
GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDM_fan View Post
Haven’t tried 5050UB, but crosstalk and ghosting was awful on 5040. I switched to DLP, which is rock solid for 3D. Currently have a BenQ HT3550.
I had that experienced that as well... but not anymore. Not sure if it is new firmware or the Xpand 3D glasses or the combo but it is so much better and the picture quality is superb with right amount of brightness.

The DLP projectors I tried in the past was decent but it was much dimmer (only with 3D since the DLP 3D glasses really reduced that. For other contents it is bright still) and the blacks and contrast wasn't enough for me... so had to return. I had tried the HT3550 as well.

I'm sure you are experiencing similar setup as me and 3D and big screen ... it will hard to go back to TV size.
Thanks given by:
HDM_fan (06-16-2020), tommygunz (06-16-2020)
Old 10-09-2020, 11:40 AM   #10
Special Member

Aug 2012
charleston sc

What’s the best 3D glasses to use for the 6050
Old 10-12-2020, 12:56 PM   #11

Oct 2009
GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yungheat View Post
What’s the best 3D glasses to use for the 6050
I had the best luck with the Xpand X105-X1-RF... they are about $40 from Amazon. I also had the Epson OEM ones but it dim the picture more than the Xpand but it was just as good. It was also more comfortable too but it cost more... Worst for me was any of the active Samsung glasses made for their 3D TV.
Old 12-11-2020, 10:45 PM   #12

Aug 2018
Talking 3D crosstalk problems can be fixed using these settings.

I have owned an Epson 5050UB for nearly two years now and I can offer some advice for this supposed crosstalk some users say they experience. In the projector's 3D settings, you MUST make sure that 3D DEPTH is set to "0" - ZERO. If your projector came out of the box on +1 or more, or -1 or less, you will DEFINITELY get crosstalk.

Now for the second part. Your disc player will have an option in its settings for your display screen's diagonal measurement. If the 3D movie you are watching is in 16:9, you MUST enter the correct diagonal measurement in the disc player's settings. If you have a widescreen 2.39:1 like me, and the 3D movie is in widescreen format, you MUST set the disc player's diagonal measurement to include your entire screen - which will be a different measurement than a 16:9 movie. Example: I set my disc player's settings to 120" screen with a 16:9 3D movie and 150" for a 2.35:1 widescreen (cinescope) movie.

If you follow these two settings exactly, your crosstalk experience will be at the absolute minimum. As for 3D glasses, my wife and I are HUGE fans of Scarlett Heaven glasses from Denmark. Absolutely the best we own - better than Epson's own glasses which are damn pricey. Shipping will be 10-14 days.

Link is here ------https://www.hi-shock.de/en/rf-pro-sc...heaven-fhd3drf
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors