Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 hr ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$79.96
1 day ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Monster Hunter (Blu-ray)
$19.96
41 min ago
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.34
1 day ago
Predator: 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$20.46
15 hrs ago
Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Toy Soldiers (Blu-ray)
$14.41
11 hrs ago
Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$29.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 12-20-2019, 07:22 PM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008
Ex-Pat of The Diamond Capital of North America™
Default ThreadKiller

I'm gonna start a page here so that my opinion or posts don't clog up or are inappropriate for General Chat. Musings or pics or both.
Old 12-27-2019, 01:51 PM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008
Default View from my office.

Thanks given by:
LarryT (01-05-2020)
Old 12-31-2019, 04:51 AM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

This is better here than where I originally posted:

I’m peeved at “men” who don’t give up their seat for a woman.
I was texting My Love while waiting to board an airplane earlier today and happened to look up and see a couple with a toddler and an infant. I told the woman, “Please, take this seat” and started gathering up my stuff. She said no. I said, “I can’t sit while you’re standing, take the seat.” She said “Thank you very much” and sat down with the infant.
While standing, I look around and see several men sitting down and not giving a thought whatsoever about being not just a gentleman, but a decent human being.
One of them could’ve given their seat to the Dad, who was holding the toddler.
Epic fail!
Old 01-02-2020, 03:50 AM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

My Love is a person who totally gets stuff done. Sometimes I call her my lil Terminator. There's nothing that she can't do and she does that all, better than most people can.. She does a lot for the people that she loves.
Problem is, she doesn't get that back very often. Maybe from her Mom, who also gets stuff done. But nothing from anyone else.
I understand the reasons that made her choose to live back home, while I am elsewhere. I don't disagree with her reasoning.
But I sure wish she'd bail on that and live with me and our FurBrats. I'd treat her the way a Woman on that caliber should be treated.
One day it will happen. She's definitely worth waiting for.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:20 PM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

Yesterday a few of us were involved in a minor incident. We had to tell our Supervisor and while waiting for him, discussed a game plan because none of us were wearing seatbelts. The consensus was that we’d lie and say we were and I voiced my opinion that I don’t like lying. The others said that our stories had to line up and that they wanted to lie and say we were.I don’t like this. I don’t like to lie.
I’m caught between doing something that I don’t like to do vs doing what’s better for The Team. This fn blows.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:13 AM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

One of my co-workers asked me about my statement this morning and I told him.
Later he came to my machine and and asked about social media and again, I told him he had nothing to be concerned about regarding me.
Afterwards I was thinking about him asking me too often and I realized that he’s insecure about his job security. Maybe rightfully so, maybe not.
I like it here too. But I know that there’s other work out there for me. I’m glad that I don’t worry a whole lot about it. I may be oblivious, but don’t really know for sure nor do I care.
Old 01-08-2020, 12:37 PM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

Here's an old pic of me and my daughter from almost 20 years ago.

Last edited by Scarriere; 01-08-2020 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Added spoiler
Old 01-12-2020, 04:51 AM   #8
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

I've had an unbelievably shitty day. (Other than the 49ers winning)

Professionally, our machines aren't doing well in the cold.

I had a very heated conversation with my Supervisor, after we got into it on the radio where everyone heard. After shift he shook my hand after seeing that I was right. I didn't want to shake his hand and he saw me hesitate.

I now understand that the Fella inline for the Leadhand position isn't trustworthy at all.

On the personal end of things...hmmm...I gotta think on that before saying anything. I am definitely f**k*d up though.

I've been on a bit of high for the last few months. Things had seemed to be going well. Reality sure slapped me pretty hard in the face.
Today is a day that I don't want repeated. Like...ever.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:40 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

Usually when it’s close to FlyDay, my Ex and I would be sexting.
It’s just a nice lil thing we do that builds excitement and anticipation for when I get home. She loves what I do and I’love what she does.
The sexting is pretty great. It’s almost as great as the actual acts themselves.
Loving someone and trading thoughts on what you’re gonna do to them is erotic, but there’s a lot of love behind it too. Part of loving your spouse means giving her the great pleasure that she gives you.
Old 01-17-2020, 01:09 AM   #10
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

I've been going through a very tough personal thing lately and even though my resolve is absolute, it's nice to get a lil help from "someone".
I've had to think on a reply to a person who used to be important to me, but that I want out of my life.
This morning while coming back from walking The Mutts, several songs came on the satellite radio that were related to my situation. I was kinda pissed (I've been in a very foul mood lately) and switched the station. That station was playing the same type of songs as well. I listened for a bit, then switched to the original station, which carried on with that, but I now had a new mindset. I was now grateful.
I had been dreading the reply email that I've been slightly composing in my head, but hadn't sent yet. My thoughts make me angry and sad and I've had enough of that. But hearing those songs and so many in a row, makes me think that I had some help, because they were exactly what I needed to hear.
When I got home, I composed and sent that overdue email and feel a bit better about it. But I find it wild that I got a much needed nudge.
It seems that my Creator was looking out for me today.
Old 01-30-2020, 03:17 PM   #11
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

I had a convo last night that reminded me of something that happened in 2012.

I was working at a different mine than the one I'm currently at. The 49ers were a dominant team and made it to the Super Bowl. I was on dayshift so would miss the opening of the game. Everyone that I worked with knew I was a Niner fan because of all the gear that I constantly wore, (hats, hoodies, jersys etc). Before shift started, I went to my Supervisor and asked if I could cut out early. He said no. I pleaded, but he said no in a not so nice way. I exploded and we both were yelling at each other and the Lead Hand rushed in to stop the fracas. When I got off work, it was close to halftime, but I watched the rest of the game, which the 49ers lost.
I got fired not long after. Not for that stuff, something else. But I'm sure that that fiasco wasn't too far from their minds when they made their decision.

A few weeks ago, it was apparent to most that the 49ers are a dominant team again. The last game, against rival Seahawks, helped me decide that I should request vacation time off so that I could watch their run to the Super Bowl. I discussed this with a workmate and they suggested that I just try for a couple hours off instead of using a whole week off. After thinking on it and being reminded of what happened in 2012, I went for and got a week off. I didn't want to chance my ability to watch The Super Bowl if my 49ers made it that far.

I only get two vacation weeks off per year and I used my first one to watch a football game. It's wild what a fan will do to watch their team in a big game!
Old 02-05-2020, 06:25 AM   #12
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

I had to have my Izzy put down today.
She was a great dog and family member.
My Love and I are devastated. There are other family who are grieving as well.
She was the best ever and this is gonna take awhile to get over.

R.I.P. My Girlie Whirly. Daddy loves you, will never forget you and will be beyond happy when I see you in heaven.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:57 PM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

I have to go to a Canadian Tire today and am thinking that I'll have to speak to a manager about how security has been profiling me.
A few days ago I was in the sporting goods section and the speakers blared out, "Security, section Y". It was early in the day and there wasn't many in the store. I assumed it was me that they were sicking security on.
Two days ago I was in the same store in the dishware section. I was having company over and didn't have enough dishes and cutlery for everyone. I spent a fair amount of time in that section because I was trying to match with what I already have. A Floorwalker tailed me the whole time I was there. I glared at her a couple of times when her eyes met mine, but that had no effect. I was tempted to say something to her, but didn't.
I like this store and don't want to stop going to it. I need a bit of paint and would like to talk to someone while there. I hope that I can accomplish something about this.

*edit

It went very well. The manager asked for time, date and where in the store and I told him. He's gonna look into it and discuss with the floorwalker. We chatted a bit too.
He's a nice fella.

Last edited by Scarriere; 02-14-2020 at 07:48 PM. Reason: added to it
Old 02-20-2020, 03:42 PM   #14
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008
Default Mom's Ring

When my Mom passed away 15 years ago, my sisters had to deal with a lot of stuff and among that, what to do with her jewelry. They decided that me and my daughter's mom would get a ring each.
At that time I was doing very physical work, (drilling rigs, drills and heavy equipment) so my hands were had more to them that what they are now. I couldn't put on that ring so my daughter's mom and I switched rings and I was able to wear the new one on my pinky finger. Though it was incredibly tight.
Last year, my ring was stolen from my room up at camp. I was on o.t. and not in my regular room which has a lockable locker. I was devastated. It fn killed me. I thought about that ring every single day and hated that someone would steal something so precious to me. My Ex helped me put together a "Lost Ad" with a picture from Facebook and some words about how much that ring meant to me. After almost four months, my ring appeared back in my room. I'm guessing that the housekeeper got overwhelmed with guilt and returned it. I was pretty fricken happy!
A couple of years ago I got Diabetes but didn't know that I did and lost a LOT of weight. I lost 29 pounds in three months. Mom's ring was now loose on my pinky instead of super tight like it had been since day one. It moved freely on my finger.
A couple of days ago I was shovelling outside before going to do some errands. When done, I was getting ready and couldn't find my ring. I was panicking cause my ring was always with my watch and bracelet and I had those, but not my ring. I had a thought that it may've slipped off and was in my glove. I was right, and sooo relieved.
I've lost another 10 pounds since this past Christmas and Mom's Ring slides fairly loosely and I know that it's a matter of time before it slides off and is gone from me forever. I know that I'll be devastated once again.
Yesterday when I went to visit my daughter and youngest Granddaughter, I asked my daughter to try on Mom's Ring. She did and I looked very carefully at how snug it fit. It was perfect. I then told my daughter the whole story, like above, and said that she should have it. She said no, and I insisted. She then broke into tears and said yes.(She's emo, like me)
I told her that this ring has gone from Grandma, to her Aunties, to her Mom, to her Dad and now to her. Her daughter was sitting right there with us and I said Maybe someday it'll go to her. She had tears again which caused me to tear up, hahaha!

That's my story of Mom's Ring. I miss it, but I am very happy!
Old 03-04-2020, 12:41 PM   #15
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

The Operators that I work across from had their evaluations done last run and my crew is supposed to get ours done this week. None of them are happy with theirs.
I talked with one fella yesterday and we actually stopped at camp so that he could get his to show to me. It was bad and right outta wack. I work across from him and know his work very well. His evaluation isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on.
I’m not looking forward to doing mine with our Supervisor. I had been wanting to get it done so that I could get a raise, but if it’s just gonna be bullshit, I’d rather not even do it. I’ll get angry and there’ll be fireworks between us.
I’ve had a couple of run-ins with him already and with him knowing that I don’t tolerate bs, maybe he’ll be straight up with me. But at the same time, only 1 operator wasn’t disappointed with his evaluation out of 12. That doesn’t bode well.
I’d like to see this done soon so that if it’s not honest , I can start looking for another job right away.

It’s wild how I had been looking forward to this for quite some time, but after hearing how other good Operators evaluations went, I may be leaving a good job that I enjoy.
��
Old 03-10-2020, 03:37 AM   #16
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

My supervisor came by today and did my evaluation.
As expected, we both got heated and loud. Only for a bit though, we both calmed down. My evaluation wasn’t as good as it should’ve been, but wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. At the end of it there’s a couple of spots for comments and I did that. I’m guessing that I’ll be getting the raise that I’ve wanted for quite awhile.
I’m glad that we had that “Heated” part of the discussion. It cleared the air and I’m thinking that we’ll get along a bit better.
I am not unhappy.

On a different but related note, my old supervisor, who’s been off for half a year on medical leave, will be back to work shortly. The current supervisor has done a pretty good job in his absence and I think some of our crew will be pissed that our old supervisor may be back on our crew.
Old 03-16-2020, 03:55 PM   #17
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2016
Quixote's Coop at Bucketheadland

I thought that this was a thread for people that killed threads by simply posting something in them & I clicked on to join up as a member of that club.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:59 PM   #18
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketheadPikes View Post
I thought that this was a thread for people that killed threads by simply posting something in them & I clicked on to join up as a member of that club.
That's exactly the reason for this thread and the title is appropriate.
I've done that more than once. I've even deleted my post to try to revive the thread.

I don't think you'd be a good member. Unlike mine, your posts are interesting, especially the ones involving music.

Have a good day Sir!
Thanks given by:
BucketheadPikes (03-17-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 10:48 PM   #19
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

It's been an eventful week with all the stuff going on and a lot us were wondering about our jobs.

The Company has decided to continue operations but needed to know from us wether they'd have anyone here to work. They made a sign up sheet with two options:

1. Do 4/4 rotation so they can limit interactions while travelling and hopefully the virus doesn't get up here. (4/4 is four weeks on, four weeks off).
2. Do Care & Maintainence. This is if there wasn't enough people signing up to Mine that they'd have to shut down.
I signed up for both, and maybe 2/3 of us did too.

The issue with Care & Mainatinence is they would need a much smaller crew so there'd be lay-offs. Many, many lay-offs

Yesterday we had a meeting and there was enough people interested to make a go of it. They put on a good spiel along with some good Q&A. They produced another sign up sheet and more people signed up, that hadn't signed up on the previous one. The reality of being jobless sunk in, I'm guessing.

There's been some vocal people here who have been pretty negative about being here and it wears on me a bit. When in convo with them I'll say, yes, go home if that's the best way you need to look after your family. I don't have that option, I need to work to look after my family the best way that I can.

The Mine Ops crew that we work closely with lost six workers who decided to go home rather than stay working. The oncoming crew has had quite a few calling in and saying they won't be in.
My crew had nine workers not come in. Some have reconsidered and will be here today and/or Tuesday. They are much needed for us to keep Mine Ops going.

The Company hasn't decided on when the 4/4 will start, but will soon. The big thing about that is, we don't know if we're in for four now or on our next rotation in. It doesn't affect me a whole lot, but it sure does with the people who fly in from south. They have to book flights home and back and those are getting scarce.

I am very happy that after being on pins and needles the last little while about my job situation, there's been a great decision made. The Company will be operating at a financial loss, they're not selling any diamonds, but they're getting some essential projects done that are vital for The Mine in the future.

Those people who decided to leave or not come in, I wish the best for them. Do what you gotta do.
The economy is pretty bad and who knows when this Mine would ever open ever again. If laid off, I would have had a very difficult time finding another job. Especially one that pays enough for me to be there for my family.

It's a scary world out there right now. I am happy that so far, things are working out for me and others here at The Mine. I know there are a zillion people who are not in a good situation and that's heart wrenching. I hope that things get better for them.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:06 PM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

For the last several months, I haven't been on the drill that is considered mine. Meaning, I'm the one the operates it during my shift.
When The Company bought that drill two years ago, my supervisor and the lead mechanic had to decide on which of us drillers would get their new pride and joy and myself and another good driller got picked. Others were jealous and resentful when the decision came down. Even though it was several months in the making.
It worked out pretty good though. Neither of us have damaged it or run her to the ground. We get great production without killing the machine or the tooling.

My cross shift and I haven't been on her much lately. He and I are good on all three types of drills that we have and our supervisor bounces us from machine to machine, wherever we're needed the most.

Two nights ago I went to see the driller operating "my" drill and I was very disappointed.
Tonight I went there again and looked and again, was even more disappointed.
The other operators haven't been looking after very well AT ALL. I was and am pretty choked. That drill was the pride of the fleet not too long and now it looks and probably operates like shit. It's fn maddening how it could deteriorate so badly in such a short time. That other driller saw me looking around and started making excuses without me saying anything in the first place. Guilt, I'm guessing.

I used to love that drill and I fn ROCKED while operating it. My cross shift did too. Now it seems like a ghost of what it once was. Whenever I'm done these other patterns that require different machines and they want me back on "my machine', I think I'll pass. It's too sad to see it this way.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages