Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Love and Monsters (DVD)
$11.99

Monster Hunter (DVD)
$17.96

Pokémon: DP Sinnoh League Victors - The Complete Season (DVD)
$29.96

The Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection (DVD)
$29.99

Courage The Cowardly Dog: The Complete Series (DVD)
$20.28

Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel (DVD)
$13.25
1 day ago
The Secret Life of Pets 2-Movie Collection (DVD)
$9.99

All My Life (DVD)
$17.99

The Croods: A New Age (DVD)
$17.99

VeggieTales: 25th Anniversary 10-Movie Collection (DVD)
$14.99

Promising Young Woman (DVD)
$19.96

Half Brothers (DVD)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 04-27-2020, 11:19 PM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Never heard of this series. VEI posted on their Facebook page earlier today, that they're releasing a series called The Smith Family (starring Henry Fonda, Darlene Carr and Ron Howard). The VEI website says it will be available from this Friday (1st May).

Have checked the IMDb and there were two seasons of the show.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:14 PM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Is The Smith Family only available directly from VEI at the moment? Obviously with the current times, that may be Amazon.com doesn't have a listing and no stock. Normally, shortly after it's available directly from VEI, it's available on Amazon.com.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:47 PM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

A couple of TV series I'd also like VEI to release, are Swans Crossing and Paradise Falls.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:30 AM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
USA

The '94 RoboCop series would be a great release from them.

The only problem is who officially owns it; MGM (via Orion) or CBSViacom (via Rhyster). I know for a fact someone owns it (or did) internationally.

The good news is, both companies have a deal with VEI so the problem can be solved there.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:57 PM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

A frustrating thing with VEI, is that unlike the Warner Archive Collection, you have no idea when a VEI announcement is going to come. With the WAC you have a rough idea when the announcements are going to happen. VEI announcements happen out of the blue.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:38 AM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Some other series I'd like VEI to do releases of, are The Silent Force (a short-lived series Lynda Day George starred in before she joined the original Mission: Impossible in it's sixth season), The Psychiatrist (a short-lived series starring Roy Thinnes) and The Name of the Game.

The Name of the Game I think was supposed to have had a DVD release of it's first season several years ago (I remember seeing a DVD pre-order listing on Amazon.com). But the release appeared to have been cancelled.
Old 06-12-2020, 12:50 AM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Not interested in these two titles myself, but recently, VEI announced on their Facebook page that they're releasing a complete series DVD set of Stargate: SG-1. The label released a complete series DVD set of Stargate: Atlantis earlier this year.

The only other VEI release I still want to get is The Snoop Sisters.
Old 06-16-2020, 01:32 PM   #28
Power Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post

The only problem is who officially owns it; MGM (via Orion) or CBSViacom (via Rhyster). I know for a fact someone owns it (or did) internationally.

The good news is, both companies have a deal with VEI so the problem can be solved there.
MGM Television should still be the distributor of the series and Prime Directives. Releasing them both on SD-BD should be an option.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:28 PM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Does anyone have VEI's complete series DVD set of Poltergeist - The Legacy, and if so, are the episodes uncut (or as close to uncut as possible), and what are the transfers like?

Another TV title from the MGM library, would like to see Highway Patrol get a complete series DVD set from VEI (but with pressed discs instead of DVD-R discs, which I think MGM's MOD release was). Think each of it's seasons were released separately by MGM.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:12 PM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Discovered recently a couple more interesting sounding, but sadly short-lived series (the former lasted two seasons) - Heartbeat (not to be confused with the long-running UK drama series) and Private Eye.

The former was made by Aaron Spelling Productions (based on it's IMDb company credits page), so would CBS own this series? The latter was made by Universal Television (again, based it's IMDb company credits page). Regarding the Universal fire from over a decade ago, I'm not sure how many TV series' materials were lost (if any were lost).

There is VHS artwork on the main IMDb page for Private Eye of a release of a two-part episode called "Blue Motel".
Old 08-07-2020, 09:17 AM   #31
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2011
Netherlands

Quote:

Perhaps you already know this but there is a blu-ray release of Robocop: The Series, don't know if it's real HD or not but it's there. There is also a good chance you'll need a region free player.

Amazon.de
Amazon.de (other version)
BluRay-Disc.de

Last edited by MarcelS1; 08-07-2020 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-18-2020, 09:29 PM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
Australia

Noticed a few weeks ago that Jake and the Fatman has had a complete series DVD release in Australia. Are the episodes uncut or are they syndicated versions?

Last edited by OceanBlue; 08-25-2020 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-25-2020, 09:35 PM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Who owns the rights to TV series whose production company was Touchstone Television? Found out recently about a short-lived medical sitcom series called Stat. It's IMDb company credits page states Touchstone Television was the production company.

Last edited by OceanBlue; 08-25-2020 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:07 AM   #34
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Does anyone here have VEI's release of Martial Law? Does it include the Walker, Texas Ranger crossover episode and are the episodes uncut?
Old 10-23-2020, 09:39 PM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Does anyone here have VEI's release of Martial Law? Does it include the Walker, Texas Ranger crossover episode and are the episodes uncut?
Answering my question above about VEI's boxset of Martial Law, I've seen artwork on Amazon.com which says it includes the Walker, Texas Ranger crossover episode.

Secondly, does VEI's DVD set of two-season series Petrocelli include the pilot TV movie? Been trying to find it on Amazon.com (there is a listing for it on Deep Discount).
Old 10-28-2020, 05:02 PM   #36

Jan 2015
Canada

Quote:

Aliance Films in Canada Released it on DVD. It came out 7/29/2010.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:05 PM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_McFlyin View Post
Aliance Films in Canada Released it on DVD. It came out 7/29/2010.
But its OOP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexInHD View Post
MGM Television should still be the distributor of the series and Prime Directives. Releasing them both on SD-BD should be an option.
It's kind of hard to explain the '94 series ownership (it could be between Rhyster/Paramount, Orion/MGM, or Rigel Entertainment).

Prime Directives on the other hand was a Fireworks Entertainment production (no involvement with Orion as far as I know) with Lionsgate currently owning US rights.

And as a bonus; the original Marvel animated series is probably owned by MGM/Orion Stateside and internationally by Disney (via the Marvel Animation acquirement) while Alpha Commando animated series is solely owned by Orion/MGM.

Last edited by Nailwraps; 10-28-2020 at 09:16 PM.
Thanks given by:
Marty_McFlyin (10-28-2020)
Old 10-28-2020, 10:52 PM   #38
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

VEI's boxset of Petrocelli contains the pilot TV film Night Games with the two seasons of the show. But it turns out Barry Newman first played the character in a film called The Lawyer. Based on it's IMDb company credits page, the film is with Paramount.
Old 12-27-2020, 11:47 PM   #39
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2010
A Drug-Infested Den

Quote:
Who owns the rights to TV series whose production company was Touchstone Television? Found out recently about a short-lived medical sitcom series called Stat. It's IMDb company credits page states Touchstone Television was the production company.
Touchstone (both film and television) was founded by Disney, so I would assume any of their productions would still be with Disney.
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (01-04-2021)
Old 12-27-2020, 11:55 PM   #40
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2010
A Drug-Infested Den

Quote:
Answering my question above about VEI's boxset of Martial Law, I've seen artwork on Amazon.com which says it includes the Walker, Texas Ranger crossover episode.
It also has the Early Edition crossover episode.

https://www.visualentertainment.tv/c...nt=19124751429

Quote:
Secondly, does VEI's DVD set of two-season series Petrocelli include the pilot TV movie? Been trying to find it on Amazon.com (there is a listing for it on Deep Discount).
Yes and no. It has the 1974 TV movie Night Games that was the pilot for the series, but not the 1970 TV movie The Lawyer, in which Barry Newman originally played the character.

https://www.visualentertainment.tv/c...nt=27840430281
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (01-04-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies