Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99

Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99

Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99

Mass Effect Legendary Edition (PS4)
$59.88
9 hrs ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99

Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99

NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99

Ys: Memories of Celceta (PS4)
$29.99
1 day ago
Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 06-19-2020, 11:44 AM   #41
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticMutation View Post
I thought the EA event was pretty decent. Their 100% into cross-play as it was mentioned every chance they got. Also, it would seem they have understood the criticisms from past decisions as they stated on numerous occasions that they had heard and taken on board the feedback from fans.

I haven't bought an EA game this whole gen, however they seem to be heading in the right direction. Fingers crossed for a more gamer friendly EA.

EDIT: Regarding cross-play, can't you choose which platforms you cross-play with? I'm sure I saw something on CoD Warzone that let you chose.
No, cross play is basically done in a method of input. So a person or entire team on controllers with other controller players and no input method switching mid match. That means PC players on controller with console players using controllers predominantly. Sometimes if it really cannot find players, it will bend that and mix the inputs and platforms. The final piece is to turn it off which makes PS4 players only play with PS4. Ironically couldn't turn off on Xbox. They didn't have a playerbase to support it

I personally feel consoles should be kept cross play and PC separated but with possible 120hz modes for next gen, that argument may get thrown out because they'll claim PS5 players etc. hold an advantage
Old 06-19-2020, 02:49 PM   #42
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
United Kingdom
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
No, cross play is basically done in a method of input. So a person or entire team on controllers with other controller players and no input method switching mid match. That means PC players on controller with console players using controllers predominantly. Sometimes if it really cannot find players, it will bend that and mix the inputs and platforms. The final piece is to turn it off which makes PS4 players only play with PS4. Ironically couldn't turn off on Xbox. They didn't have a playerbase to support it

I personally feel consoles should be kept cross play and PC separated but with possible 120hz modes for next gen, that argument may get thrown out because they'll claim PS5 players etc. hold an advantage
You are literally dropping this any chance you get
Old 06-19-2020, 05:02 PM   #43
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticMutation View Post
You are literally dropping this any chance you get
Ssssh(!)

I'm subliminally converting you all!

That said, i felt this actual gameplay reveal looked weak as hell in parts. Very low res textures and bland design at times.
Old 06-19-2020, 06:06 PM   #44
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2011
On my sofa

Nothing subliminally about it
Old 06-19-2020, 08:32 PM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007

It could be a great game, but this is EA, and you can expect an on rails, linear path, dumb down experience with low depth to it. Really star wars fans you shouldn't even get your hopes up imo sorry to say.
Old 06-20-2020, 12:06 AM   #46
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
It could be a great game, but this is EA, and you can expect an on rails, linear path, dumb down experience with low depth to it. Really star wars fans you shouldn't even get your hopes up imo sorry to say.
Maybe but as an old X-Wing v Tie Fighter fan I have to say this is pretty exciting.

The old game(s) didn't have a lot of depth, they were very linear and some of the missions were impossible to crack without losing a few times to figure out where the MacGuffins were but even at all that, a souped up version of the old game could still be a blast.

I might even dust off my Thrustmaster. Now if I can just find a serial port
Old 06-20-2020, 12:10 AM   #47
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by octagon View Post
Maybe but as an old X-Wing v Tie Fighter fan I have to say this is pretty exciting.

The old game(s) didn't have a lot of depth, they were very linear and some of the missions were impossible to crack without losing a few times to figure out where the MacGuffins were but even at all that, a souped up version of the old game could still be a blast.

I might even dust off my Thrustmaster. Now if I can just find a serial port
Get a VR headset and instead of staring at a cockpit view actually jump into the cockpit. Itís so immersive. This game will be mine in VR.
Thanks given by:
BossTweed (06-20-2020), Lovemy3D (09-28-2020), octagon (07-08-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 03:56 PM   #48

Aug 2012
Surrey, UK

Very excited about this. Looking closely at the trailers its clear that a lot of inspiration is being taken from the X-Wing and TIE Fighter games. That's a very good thing, those games had depth and didn't feel like arcade experiences.

The cockpit layout looks very similar, with the gauges for diverting power between engines/shields/weapons and the weapon charge display. Looking at the list of component upgrades you can also see a bunch of things taken directly from the old games: concussion missiles, proton bombs, beam cannon, SLAM system.

I'm glad I still have my old joystick!
I'm just a bit disappointed that the B-Wing is currently nowhere to be seen.

Last edited by LeftHandedGuitarist; 07-07-2020 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 10:01 AM   #49
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2005
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
That would have applied once, but EA appear to be learning (the hard way) about making decent SW games. SWBF2 started badly but is now a highly polished arcade style shooter and Fallen Order scored very well with reviewers and players.

I do have high hopes for this and I'll be pre-ordering too. And playing in VR of course!
Thanks given by:
LeftHandedGuitarist (07-08-2020), Lovemy3D (09-28-2020), Steedeel (07-08-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 10:26 AM   #50
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by partridge View Post
That would have applied once, but EA appear to be learning (the hard way) about making decent SW games. SWBF2 started badly but is now a highly polished arcade style shooter and Fallen Order scored very well with reviewers and players.

I do have high hopes for this and I'll be pre-ordering too. And playing in VR of course!
VR is going to be exceptional. I think this will be a chart topper in VR. In the U.K., Iron Man VR just made number two despite having a install base of just 5-6 million compared to the others in the top 10 that have a install base of well over 100 million. Thatís exceptionally good going from Iron Man. Star Wars is another huge draw, VR is really getting itís act together. We have the Quest to thank for that as well, of course.
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (09-28-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 09:03 AM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2005
England

But it does highlight the importance of a new headset. A couple of Iron Man reviews are saying this game deserves better than the resolution the current set offers.

Sorry, offtrack, this is the SW Squadron thread!

I will pre-order next month, I have 3 PSVR owning friends who are also buying it. Red 5 standing by.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:15 AM   #52
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2011
On my sofa

Quote:
But it does highlight the importance of a new headset. A couple of Iron Man reviews are saying this game deserves better than the resolution the current set offers.

I will pre-order next month, I have 3 PSVR owning friends who are also buying it. Red 5 standing by.
I bet we all read that whilst using the voice over in our heads
Old 07-09-2020, 03:18 PM   #53
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007

Quote:

Believe me i hope i am dead wrong, but this is a case of well with EA like fool me 20 times now. I go in with low hopes and then i cant get disappointed is the way i play it now with this company today.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:24 PM   #54
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:

I donít mind the restrictions. I had been dreaming of VR for years. The rest will come with time. The headset has already given me such joy over the last 4 years.
Old 07-16-2020, 05:42 PM   #55
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

New Star Wars Squadrons Details Reveal Power Management & Instruments Only Mode

Power management allows you to divert power to any of the subsystems of your ship, namely engines, laser, or shields. Having a balance power system is usually okay for the most part, but there will be time when you want give one system a bit more juice to get the job done.

Elsewhere, players will also have to keep an eye on their shipís health, otherwise known as hull integrity. Unlike shields, this will not regenerate over time, and your ship will start to visually appear more damaged as your integrity level drops from 100 towards 0. You can make repairs by returning to the hanger in a flagship or by using Astromechs and repair systems.

Thereís also confirmation of a Instruments Only setting for those of you who want a bigger challenge. Hereís what EA had to say on the subject:

Quote:
One related thing worth a mention here is that when you start a new game of Squadrons (or later in the options menu), you can set the game to the ďInstruments OnlyĒ mode. If you do, it turns off all the in-world UI elements (for highlighting objectives and so forth), so you become almost 100% reliant on your cockpit instruments.

This definitely makes the game harder, so toggle it on with caution, but if you want to jack the immersion level to the max, itís pretty darn cool!
Thanks given by:
LeftHandedGuitarist (07-16-2020), Lovemy3D (09-28-2020)
Old 07-22-2020, 06:42 PM   #56
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2012
Origae-6

Thanks given by:
LeftHandedGuitarist (07-22-2020), Lovemy3D (09-27-2020)
Old 08-27-2020, 09:13 PM   #57
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (09-27-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 05:58 PM   #58
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2012
Origae-6

Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (09-27-2020)
Old 09-19-2020, 10:12 PM   #59
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

I hope the Hunted mini film is included with the game. That was pretty awesome.

I have this game pre ordered. I'm a big SW fan, but PSVR was the reason I ordered it.
Thanks given by:
BossTweed (09-21-2020), Lovemy3D (09-27-2020)
Old 09-27-2020, 07:58 AM   #60
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Virtual Reality

Got mine pre-ordered. Now that I know I actually have the game getting kind of excited to experience flying an X-wing fighter. Looking out the window of the cockpit and seeing, and hearing the roaring of those Tie fighters swarming around. Love that sound they make.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4