Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dreams (PS4)
$9.99
1 day ago
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99
1 day ago
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99
1 day ago
The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners (PS4)
$19.99

Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection (PS4)
$32.53
7 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 10-26-2020, 01:24 AM   #161
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
Finished up the story the other night on Pilot. Got hit with the glitch where it didnít keep medal progress for some missions (1-4 for me) so the trophies didnít pop. Apparently EA is aware of the bug and working on a fix.

Havenít tried the MP yet. Maybe tonight.
I replayed those first four missions that it didnít save medals for me. The beat the game trophies popped after mission 3 for some reason. Still replayed mission 4 to get the medals saved on it.

So if anyone else hits that glitch just replay the missions where medals didnít save for you and you should get the game completion trophies to pop eventually.
Thanks given by:
LeftHandedGuitarist (10-26-2020), Lovemy3D (10-26-2020)
Old 10-26-2020, 05:04 AM   #162
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Virtual Reality

The online dog fighting. (At least in VR) is very addictive. It can be frustrating at times when it feels like nothing is going your way. But you can have some very satisfying kills too.

Finally beat my 4 kill max barrier last night with six kills in one match. But I'm pretty sure two of those 6 kills were due to the explosive unstable engines I had equipped, that will destroy my enemy if I explode close enough to them.

It's great for those jousting matches as I like to think of them. When two pilots fly head first into each other, each trying to out aim/out damage the other before they die. If both survive the first pass both flip around and go at each other head first again. lol. Good stuff.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (10-26-2020)
Old 10-26-2020, 06:08 AM   #163
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Virtual Reality

I've always thought this guy was the most entertaining youtube game reviewer. I've not seen anything form him for a while. Just stumbled on this one.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:55 PM   #164
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2018
Seattle

Getting free mando DLC. All just cosmetics for the interior of your ship. Nothing substantial.
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (10-26-2020), SpazeBlue (10-26-2020)
Old 10-27-2020, 05:19 AM   #165
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Virtual Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcripe View Post
Getting free mando DLC. All just cosmetics for the interior of your ship. Nothing substantial.
Cool I've not done anything with the interior of the ship yet. Having fun with the character customizing. And been unlocking all the loadout components. Kind of fun acting silly in the briefing room before a match with the different gestures. Got to do something while you wait, right? lol.

Anyone else using the unstable exploding engines? Man I love that. Maybe considered cheap kills, I don't know. But get a lot of extra kills due to exploding on my attackers and taking them out like a suicide bomber lol.

The only drawback that I can tell, is having slightly less hull integrity. Which against a good player doesn't make much difference, I don't think. And at least I can have the satisfaction of taking them out with me (Sometimes) and getting credit for a kill.

I saw what angry joe was talking about in the video, when sometimes when your team is on a roll you can just keep wiping out your enemy as they respawn. (When they keep respawning right in the middle of the action.) I've been on both sides of that experience.

I've not even tried the fleet battle stuff yet.

I would recommend to anyone in single player practice, focus more on practicing with guns than rockets. As the bots become pretty easy to pick off with rockets. Very few of them use counter measures. Online, at least in my experience, the majority of the time your rockets are not going to hit their target unless the player you fire at is both out of counters, and doesn't avoid well enough. Best time to use a rocket on them, is when you see they just used a counter, and might be out. Nevertheless, I always fire them off anyways when I get a lock, you never know, sometimes you get lucky.

Last edited by Lovemy3D; 10-27-2020 at 08:13 AM.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:25 PM   #166
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

So I shot myself in the foot I think. Although the game in VR has been running perfectly fine with the Oculus Rift S since getting it a couple of weeks ago, curiosity got the best of me so I decided to try out the new Oculus Quest 2 over the weekend. Long story short, it has been a nightmare trying to get it setup and has been nothing but issues. The Quest 2 is now boxed up and will be going back, but it seems to have left behind some extraneous problems as ever since I installed it, I haven't been able to play Squadrons with the Rift S. The problem is specific to Squadrons as my other SteamVR games are running fine.

I've uninstalled/deleted remnants of the game and the Oculus software and going through a reinstall of everything. Hopefully that fixes it, but I'm having serious Squadrons VR withdrawals. I've tried playing non-VR, but seriously once you go VR... . I grabbed Half-Life: Alyx and was hoping that would appease me as I try to fix the Squadrons issue, but it isn't helping.

I need help lol
Old 10-30-2020, 05:21 AM   #167
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Virtual Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
So I shot myself in the foot I think. Although the game in VR has been running perfectly fine with the Oculus Rift S since getting it a couple of weeks ago, curiosity got the best of me so I decided to try out the new Oculus Quest 2 over the weekend. Long story short, it has been a nightmare trying to get it setup and has been nothing but issues. The Quest 2 is now boxed up and will be going back, but it seems to have left behind some extraneous problems as ever since I installed it, I haven't been able to play Squadrons with the Rift S. The problem is specific to Squadrons as my other SteamVR games are running fine.

I've uninstalled/deleted remnants of the game and the Oculus software and going through a reinstall of everything. Hopefully that fixes it, but I'm having serious Squadrons VR withdrawals. I've tried playing non-VR, but seriously once you go VR... . I grabbed Half-Life: Alyx and was hoping that would appease me as I try to fix the Squadrons issue, but it isn't helping.

I need help lol
Shit that sucks. I don't know anything at all about setting up games on PC. I hope you can get that worked out...

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to play it flat either. The VR is what really makes the game. Just wouldn't be the same.

I really need a flight stick. My right wrist is starting to bother me from playing too much (I have carpal tunnel issues.) I'm pretty sure using a flight stick wouldn't be as much strain on my wrists as gripping the controller. It wasn't a problem until last night, at work started feeling it. And today. The Best Buy online store says there are some open box ones available for online orders only. Tempted, but would much rather get a new one , and in store too. If at all possible. I wonder how long they will be constantly sold out, probably not until after Christmas sometime.

frustrating as I was just starting to feel like I was getting a little better at the online. At least some of the time.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:31 PM   #168
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3D View Post
Shit that sucks. I don't know anything at all about setting up games on PC. I hope you can get that worked out...

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to play it flat either. The VR is what really makes the game. Just wouldn't be the same.

I really need a flight stick. My right wrist is starting to bother me from playing too much (I have carpal tunnel issues.) I'm pretty sure using a flight stick wouldn't be as much strain on my wrists as gripping the controller. It wasn't a problem until last night, at work started feeling it. And today. The Best Buy online store says there are some open box ones available for online orders only. Tempted, but would much rather get a new one , and in store too. If at all possible. I wonder how long they will be constantly sold out, probably not until after Christmas sometime.

frustrating as I was just starting to feel like I was getting a little better at the online. At least some of the time.
I got it working shortly after. Turned out to be a display setting and HDR, which didn't make any sense to me since I had those enabled before when I was playing in HDR mode and never turned them off when I got the Rift S, didn't have any issues.

As nice as the flight stick is, I feel like controllers are much easier to use. I seem to aim better with my XBOne controller over a flight stick, but the controller just seems wrong with a flight sim, which is really the only reason why I continue to play with the HOTAS as I also like having the separate thrust control. But it could be the choice I made on the HOTAS, which was an impulse decision since it was the only model (Logitech X52) I could find due to the scarcity. It was also the limit of what I wanted spend, which I admit came with a premium off eBay. The model is nowhere near as good response-wise as my old CH Products branded Flight Stick Pro from back in the day, which looks like an old jalopy clunker by comparison to the X52, but man it was built like a tank. If it had USB support I'd have stuck with it.

Last edited by red_5ive; 10-31-2020 at 08:38 PM.
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (11-03-2020), Steedeel (11-03-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 04:59 AM   #169
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Virtual Reality

Quote:
I got it working shortly after. Turned out to be a display setting and HDR, which didn't make any sense to me since I had those enabled before when I was playing in HDR mode and never turned them off when I got the Rift S, didn't have any issues.

As nice as the flight stick is, I feel like controllers are much easier to use. I seem to aim better with my XBOne controller over a flight stick, but the controller just seems wrong with a flight sim, which is really the only reason why I continue to play with the HOTAS as I also like having the separate thrust control. But it could be the choice I made on the HOTAS, which was an impulse decision since it was the only model (Logitech X52) I could find due to the scarcity. It was also the limit of what I wanted spend, which I admit came with a premium off eBay. The model is nowhere near as good response-wise as my old CH Products branded Flight Stick Pro from back in the day, which looks like an old jalopy clunker by comparison to the X52, but man it was built like a tank. If it had USB support I'd have stuck with it.
Glad you got it working. Yeah kind of worried that I'm so used to using the controller that when I get the flight stick it will feel awkward and have to learn all over again. Been exercising my wrists a lot and been doing better with it for now at least.

So addicted to this game right now. No matter how shitty a mood I'm in, always feel better the moment I get into my ship. And been doing a little better at it. Had a decent night for the most part last night. And came out on the top of the podium once. I've ranked up to level 32. Just got the "I know a few maneuvers" trophy a little while ago for destroying 10 starfighters while drifting. Didn't even realize I was getting any kills while in mid drift. I just naturally do a lot of boost and drift maneuvering.

I still tend to have the most deaths almost every time. Even if I have a good over all score and kill count. But I'm kind of kamikaze. Whenever possible I target my attackers and fly head into them even if I expect to die.

damn, last night I somehow managed to take out 3 enemies with my ship health at 3. That was cool. Lucky, lol. Then the match ended and I didn't even die.

So far really glad I decided to get the PS plus and try the online matches. One of these times need to try the fleet battles, I've never even finished the fleet battle practice mode yet.
Thanks given by:
red_5ive (11-03-2020), Steedeel (11-03-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 10:30 AM   #170
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

I’m not hugely into flight sims but I’m tempted to see if this game can change my mind. I did kind of enjoy Wing Commander back in the day.

I wonder if the multiplayer is good for a year or so? It’s cross play isn’t it?

Last edited by Steedeel; 11-03-2020 at 10:47 AM.
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (11-04-2020), red_5ive (11-03-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 05:55 PM   #171
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2018
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Iím not hugely into flight sims but Iím tempted to see if this game can change my mind. I did kind of enjoy Wing Commander back in the day.

I wonder if the multiplayer is good for a year or so? Itís cross play isnít it?
Yes the MP is probably the best part of the game. To answer your other question, Squadrons is crossplay with PC, XBO, and PS4.
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (11-04-2020), Steedeel (11-03-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 06:46 PM   #172
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3D View Post
Glad you got it working. Yeah kind of worried that I'm so used to using the controller that when I get the flight stick it will feel awkward and have to learn all over again. Been exercising my wrists a lot and been doing better with it for now at least.

So addicted to this game right now. No matter how shitty a mood I'm in, always feel better the moment I get into my ship. And been doing a little better at it. Had a decent night for the most part last night. And came out on the top of the podium once. I've ranked up to level 32. Just got the "I know a few maneuvers" trophy a little while ago for destroying 10 starfighters while drifting. Didn't even realize I was getting any kills while in mid drift. I just naturally do a lot of boost and drift maneuvering.

I still tend to have the most deaths almost every time. Even if I have a good over all score and kill count. But I'm kind of kamikaze. Whenever possible I target my attackers and fly head into them even if I expect to die.

damn, last night I somehow managed to take out 3 enemies with my ship health at 3. That was cool. Lucky, lol. Then the match ended and I didn't even die.

So far really glad I decided to get the PS plus and try the online matches. One of these times need to try the fleet battles, I've never even finished the fleet battle practice mode yet.
That's hilarious, and I feel exactly the same. I jump in the cockpit and forget about whatever is going on in the world. Except I have to lock the door to my mancave in fear of my wife catching a pic of me with a funky grin on my face while wearing the headset and then posting it on social media lol. She already chuckled the first time she saw me wearing it.

But I've also gotten addicted to Half-Life: Alyx. I've been spending most of my time with it in last week or so, but at the very least I jump on Squadrons for a half-hour or so to end my gaming day. I swear even in the middle of a dogfight, the game relaxes me. I could even just spend my time flying through the "garbage" practice map at max speed and maneuver through everything without any enemies.
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (11-04-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 06:56 PM   #173
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
I’m not hugely into flight sims but I’m tempted to see if this game can change my mind. I did kind of enjoy Wing Commander back in the day.

I wonder if the multiplayer is good for a year or so? It’s cross play isn’t it?
I think the flight sim thing is a different mind-set as I wouldn't exactly put this in the same category as say MS Flight Simulator. But from a VR perspective and because it's Star Wars, it's well worth it to me. If you enjoyed Wing Commander (I played it too back in the day and loved it), Squadrons is obviously at a whole other level with VR. Admittedly it's a little weird when I tried it with a controller (although I seem to aim better in this game with a controller), but having a flight stick + thrust controller really puts me into the game.

If you're unsure then maybe wait and see if it gets a Black Friday sale? For me, I probably still wouldn't have tried VR anytime soon if it weren't for Squadrons.
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (11-04-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 10:21 PM   #174
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcripe View Post
Yes the MP is probably the best part of the game. To answer your other question, Squadrons is crossplay with PC, XBO, and PS4.
Quote:
I think the flight sim thing is a different mind-set as I wouldn't exactly put this in the same category as say MS Flight Simulator. But from a VR perspective and because it's Star Wars, it's well worth it to me. If you enjoyed Wing Commander (I played it too back in the day and loved it), Squadrons is obviously at a whole other level with VR. Admittedly it's a little weird when I tried it with a controller (although I seem to aim better in this game with a controller), but having a flight stick + thrust controller really puts me into the game.

If you're unsure then maybe wait and see if it gets a Black Friday sale? For me, I probably still wouldn't have tried VR anytime soon if it weren't for Squadrons.
Thanks guys.

10 hour campaign is not bad either.
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (11-04-2020), red_5ive (11-19-2020)
Old 11-18-2020, 11:41 PM   #175
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2018
Seattle

Large content drop happening next month!

"A new multiplayer map, Fostar Haven, and four new ship components will be added this month, and two new starfighters and custom matches will be deployed in December."

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...content-update
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (11-23-2020), red_5ive (11-19-2020), SpazeBlue (11-19-2020)
Old 11-19-2020, 09:30 AM   #176
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2011
On my sofa

Think I'm going to sell mine along. I love me some Star Wars, but don't like the 1st person view.

Shame really...at least I tried
Old 11-21-2020, 02:50 PM   #177
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
Canada

I thought about getting this as feedback seems to be good but I still play the heck out of Battlefront 2- Coop, HvV and Starfighter Assault which doesnít get much love but I enjoy it a lot, especially playing as Slave 1, Lukeís X Wing and many others.
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (11-23-2020)
Old 11-21-2020, 08:55 PM   #178

Sep 2012
Cackalack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebunk View Post
I thought about getting this as feedback seems to be good but I still play the heck out of Battlefront 2- Coop, HvV and Starfighter Assault which doesnít get much love but I enjoy it a lot, especially playing as Slave 1, Lukeís X Wing and many others.
Definitely worth it for $25 Black Friday sale.
Thanks given by:
Thebunk (11-21-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 05:21 PM   #179
Power Member

Apr 2009
NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeece View Post
Definitely worth it for $25 Black Friday sale.
$19.99 now at BBY/AMZ. (Yíall can thank me for buying it for $40 a week ago.)
Thanks given by:
ceeece (11-22-2020), Lovemy3D (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 01:03 AM   #180
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]
Default Black Friday Sale

$17 @ GameStop, available for both PS4 & XB1.
Thanks given by:
ceeece (11-23-2020), HanaBi (11-24-2020), KB24SD (11-23-2020), Lovemy3D (11-23-2020), red_5ive (11-23-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4