Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Short Circuit 2 (Blu-ray)
$5.99
1 day ago
Rita Hayworth: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
Neo Ultra Q (Blu-ray)
$8.99
1 day ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Jiang Ziya (Blu-ray)
$14.96
11 hrs ago
Krull (Blu-ray)
$5.99
1 day ago
Tombstone (Blu-ray)
$5.99
8 hrs ago
Runaway Train (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
Ultraman Taro: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 03-06-2020, 10:17 PM   #1

Jan 2013
Default Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi Blu-ray

2019 | 148 min | Not rated | Apr 08, 2020
https://www.amazon.co.jp/Manikarnika...=AN1VRQENFRJN5
Thanks given by:
pavan_a (03-08-2020), seer_ (03-11-2020)
Old 03-07-2020, 02:42 AM   #2

Jun 2010
India

So the blu-rays have shifted to Japan now?
Or, they are being discovered only now because there are no blu-ray releases in India anymore?

Quite liked this movie by the way
Old 03-07-2020, 07:55 PM   #3

Jan 2017

What's up with all the JP releases? First Gully Boy, now Manikarnika. Nothing is releasing on BD anymore in India.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:32 PM   #4

Jan 2013

Actually, I must say that I'm glad to note that other countries are picking this up as blu-rays may have already died in India - even Bollywood ones seemed to have slowed down significantly since the last year. But DVD production seems to have increased..... LOL (I see quite a few new DVD releases including the ones in southern languages and at great frequency). Maybe, next, we'll start seeing some VCD releases...... We're "back-sliding." hahaha
Old 03-09-2020, 12:07 PM   #5
Special Member

Nov 2009
Atlanta, GA

Thats great. Its costly to import but at least we get a better encoding and product. Hope they do the Tanhaji as well. Its shame this movie went straight to hotstar exclusive without any signs of BD release.
Thanks given by:
pavan_a (03-10-2020)
Old 03-11-2020, 09:22 AM   #6

Oct 2009
Sherman Oaks , California

i purchased both blu rays from amazon japan, once i found button translate to english. So Japan it is , i will buy my blu rays from Japan

Screw indian companies. They will find out when coronavirus fear hits theatres in India. Italy movie industry shut already entire country. US is effected, bond movie is delayed, people are staying away from theatres. Blue rays and dvd were stream of additional income, but indian companies are stupid and don't know how to capitalize. when people stop going to theatres to watch movies which will be a long term trend maybe for one year, and movies are not available on blu ray dvd, we will resort to buying pirated copies, or from Germany and Japan. Let them find out hard way. I am buying pirated third party blu rays , they are taking our dollars, smart.
Thanks given by:
seer_ (03-11-2020)
Old 03-11-2020, 07:20 PM   #7

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollywood karim View Post
i purchased both blu rays from amazon japan, once i found button translate to english. So Japan it is , i will buy my blu rays from Japan

Screw indian companies. They will find out when coronavirus fear hits theatres in India. Italy movie industry shut already entire country. US is effected, bond movie is delayed, people are staying away from theatres. Blue rays and dvd were stream of additional income, but indian companies are stupid and don't know how to capitalize. when people stop going to theatres to watch movies which will be a long term trend maybe for one year, and movies are not available on blu ray dvd, we will resort to buying pirated copies, or from Germany and Japan. Let them find out hard way. I am buying pirated third party blu rays , they are taking our dollars, smart.
Trust me - no pandemic in the world can convince the "vast majority" of Indians, including the well-heeled ones, to buy blu-rays. So many people have actually told me that it's absolutely ridiculous to buy these things in this day and age! In fact, my own teenage kids think I'm beyond crazy to buy blu-rays while it is perfectly okay for them to buy more expensive video games! Go figure.....
Thanks given by:
pavan_a (03-12-2020)
Old 03-17-2020, 09:05 AM   #8

Oct 2009
Sherman Oaks , California

All theatres in United States closed for several months, i could not watch Angreezi Medium, Governor closed all theatres. People are not going to theatres, so for next six months all movies will not garner anything in box office. India most regions theatres closing.Baaghi 3 was effected badly, box office completely tapered down this week. Now they wont even release blu rays so none of these movies will get watched by us. Corona has already killed movie business. All US major releases are moved to next year or later this year. Fast and furious now moved to 2021, Bond movie moved from May to November maybe.

If they released blu rays maybe we could watch them and they could get revenue stream, but no they are dumb indian distributors. A blu ray that costs maybe 6 dollars they cant figure way to make profit. The Japanese can make the profit, the germans can subltitle a movie from hindi make pristine copy and still make a profit after shipping it to the United States , figure.

Last edited by bollywood karim; 03-22-2020 at 10:14 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India