Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
19 hrs ago
Rubber (Blu-ray)
$6.99
9 hrs ago
Runaway Train (Blu-ray)
$19.99
3 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Monster Hunter (Blu-ray)
$19.96
18 hrs ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Neo Ultra Q (Blu-ray)
$8.99
45 min ago
Ultraman Leo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.99
15 hrs ago
The Swordsman (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 03-14-2020, 01:58 AM   #41
Banned

Nov 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
but you can't really control that...even if you have several seats empty on either side of you, there's nothing preventing someone else from coming in and sitting right next to you
Buy out an entire theater.
Old 03-14-2020, 02:41 AM   #42
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
but you can't really control that...even if you have several seats empty on either side of you, there's nothing preventing someone else from coming in and sitting right next to you
I just move away. I see 95% of my movies at the earliest matinee possible, so there's rarely a sell-out at those times, so if someone sits too close to me, I can just switch seats, even if they're "assigned".
Old 03-14-2020, 02:53 AM   #43
Expert Member

Jun 2019
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
I just move away. I see 95% of my movies at the earliest matinee possible, so there's rarely a sell-out at those times, so if someone sits too close to me, I can just switch seats, even if they're "assigned".
Does that hurt their feelings, or is there even a reaction?
Old 03-14-2020, 02:58 AM   #44
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotTastyChili View Post
Does that hurt their feelings, or is there even a reaction?
What do I care? If people moved away from me, I'd just go, "Good, it's weird when strangers sit right next to me when there are plenty of available seats."
Thanks given by:
BeastCreatureTrapper (03-14-2020), Cremildo (03-14-2020), RossyG (03-14-2020)
Old 03-14-2020, 03:02 AM   #45
Expert Member

Jun 2019
-
-
-

Quote:
What do I care? If people moved away from me, I'd just go, "Good, it's weird when strangers sit right next to me when there are plenty of available seats."
Maybe they just want to be your friends!
Old 03-14-2020, 03:03 AM   #46
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2011

Quote:
Maybe they just want to be your friends!
Trust me, NO ONE wants to be my friend.
Old 03-14-2020, 03:08 AM   #47
Expert Member

Jun 2019
-
-
-

Quote:
Trust me, NO ONE wants to be my friend.
I do! Check your profile.
Thanks given by:
Monterey Jack (03-14-2020)
Old 03-14-2020, 03:18 AM   #48
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2011

Quote:
I do! Check your profile.
Thanks given by:
HotTastyChili (03-14-2020)
Old 03-14-2020, 03:39 AM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2017

I had an odd experience recently where, I think three times in a row, when I went to a theater by myself and I reserved the seats earlier in the day, I was either the only person in the theater or only one in a row, and then I got there and someone's sitting in a seat right next to mine. (I am NOT the one misreading the seating chart on my phone!)

First time I was mildly weirded out because lol we were the two only people in the theater. But it's not a big deal. Just do a friendly acknowledging nod if they look over when I'm sitting down and I sit in one or two seats over (and they're the wide AMC seats).

It's helpful that none of these people gave an uncomfortable vibe or anything. There has been one instance a few years ago where I legit firmly asked a guy to move down because he was "creeping me out" when he sat himself next to me in a very empty row, non-reserved seating with smaller seats. He moved down without saying anything. Likely and hopefully more a socially awkward person than malicious.
Old 03-14-2020, 03:51 AM   #50
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2016

Quote:
Never move seats if you got the best seat in the house! Don't let them win.

I only moved seats once. I wasn't in the best spot to begin with because I arrived after someone stole my usual center seats. But then a big family with loud snacks came in last minute and sat RIGHT in front of me. One of them was on his phone for 5 minutes straight. I luckily moved up a few rows and due to stadium seating and awesome sound, if I leaned back enough I couldn't see or hear them.
Old 03-14-2020, 03:55 AM   #51
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazeRunner View Post
Never move seats if you got the best seat in the house! Don't let them win.
If they're annoying or loud or simply INVADING MY PERSONAL BUBBLE, then those seats are no longer the best in the house.
Thanks given by:
RossyG (03-14-2020)
Old 03-14-2020, 04:04 AM   #52
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

When I get a seat I make sure I stay away from other people and usually sit in the back row on the side or in the middle back. I check the Regal app on the seating chart up until it won't let me to see who is sitting around me. If I see someone who is sitting in a place that they shouldn't, I give them the evil eye.

Once I saw a family of 5 just sit in a spot already sold for 2. When that couple arrived they told the group of 5 that they were in their seat and then that group said that's what the cashier put them at. I checked the app and there were no seats of 5 that were taken together. I almost called them out by saying, "BULL SHIT YOU ARE SNEAKING INTO AN IMAX MOVIE BECAUSE YOU ARE CHEAP MOTHER F*@*ERS!""
Old 03-14-2020, 05:07 AM   #53
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009
The Road to Nowhere.

I sneak into whatever empty row doesn't have Reubens in.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:14 AM   #54

Dec 2012
Wanna see my Tardis? :D

I wish that smaller scale screening rooms would become a thing so that paying for a movie would be akin to renting out a space private for yourself and whoever is in your group. Also maybe instead of having to run a showtime, you can also choose whatever movie you want to watch, even if it's an older film.

This idea could take off if somebody knows how to build on it (think home theater, but for the general public).
Old 03-14-2020, 07:29 AM   #55
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009
The Road to Nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltz View Post
I wish that smaller scale screening rooms would become a thing so that paying for a movie would be akin to renting out a space private for yourself and whoever is in your group. Also maybe instead of having to run a showtime, you can also choose whatever movie you want to watch, even if it's an older film.

This idea could take off if somebody knows how to build on it (think home theater, but for the general public).
You mean a private room karaoke bar for movies.
Interesting
Old 03-14-2020, 09:06 AM   #56

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blufan View Post
You mean a private room karaoke bar for movies.
Interesting
Well I had my thoughts that there's an advantage to broadening the number of screenings and changing up how film releases are done. If you wanted to talk about spacing, you could take a 7 screen complex, probably split that into four smaller rooms each and even add a second floor. Then instead of restricting them to the current releases, films can be given "open choice" for consumers, plus the expansion on the idea would be wider area viewing distribution in locations for people that want to schedule or rather be in attendance for their choosing at the time. I always wanted some way to open up the market a bit, but at the same time allow viewers to control both their content and their personal environment.

That's why I say if someone is smart enough to put a plan together for this, it may find some footing and work in addition to the large scale theater format.
Thanks given by:
1blufan (03-14-2020)
Old 03-14-2020, 10:24 AM   #57
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
north star

Time to bring back the Drive-In Theater!
Old 03-14-2020, 10:31 AM   #58
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

I've been having trouble going to theaters over the past 2 years, since the nearest one is 30 minutes away by car and I don't drive. Now, with all the outbreak concerns, I'm almost relieved to live so far away.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:35 AM   #59

Dec 2012

I feel the same thing just about. I have no ride and even with the city bus, I still have to deal with bad hours or out of my way locations, go going is a real hassle. Also can't get over the high price for tickets these days.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:41 AM   #60
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltz View Post
I feel the same thing just about. I have no ride and even with the city bus, I still have to deal with bad hours or out of my way locations, go going is a real hassle. Also can't get over the high price for tickets these days.
The average ticket price around here is about $10, which is okay but the matinees could be cheaper. When I lived in Dallas, getting to the movies wasn't nearly the same problem since theaters are almost everywhere and Dallas has probably the best bus system in the state.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
disney, streaming