Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Short Circuit 2 (Blu-ray)
$5.99
7 hrs ago
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 day ago
Rita Hayworth: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
5 hrs ago
The Golden Child (Blu-ray)
$16.99
15 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Runaway Train (Blu-ray)
$19.99
18 hrs ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Neo Ultra Q (Blu-ray)
$8.99
16 hrs ago
Log Horizon: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$48.99
5 hrs ago
Kuffs (Blu-ray)
$16.69
10 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 01-18-2021, 03:09 AM   #9601
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

So I thought I would let everyone know we did our trial run at home for making fresh theater style Pretzels and I can happily say it is a success. While I may not be able to fully create the theater experience its getting to a point now when I have my new house and theater built my stuff will be damn close.

Soon I will make the giant huge pretzel at ITB2.0 theater for myself MUAHH HAHAHAHAH
Thanks given by:
ctujackbauer (01-18-2021), Zivouhr (01-18-2021)
Old 01-18-2021, 03:15 AM   #9602
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
So I thought I would let everyone know we did our trial run at home for making fresh theater style Pretzels and I can happily say it is a success. While I may not be able to fully create the theater experience its getting to a point now when I have my new house and theater built my stuff will be damn close.

Soon I will make the giant huge pretzel at ITB2.0 theater for myself MUAHH HAHAHAHAH
That sounds good. What brand do you buy or do you make them from scratch? Oven baked or special mini oven/toaster?

It's fun to have your own home movie theater. While I've seen two big screen movies this year and enjoyed every second, I also bought a projector for my blu ray and blu ray 3D, DVD player. Been watching a movie every week since. It's awesome and fun to have theater style snacks and beverages while sitting in my theater style chair. Got the projector brand new for under $370. Viewsonic 503W I think is the model. Great so far, no problems. 3D looks awesome on my wall too.
Old 01-18-2021, 03:17 AM   #9603
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2016

Quote:

Now I have to try making those pretzels. Is it worth buying the Hoosier Hill Farm coarse pretzel salt? I have coarse kosher salt on hand but I'm not sure if it would turn out the same.

I've tried Jolly Time microwave popcorn with the Kernel Seasonings nacho flavor, but it really doesn't compare to Harkins Theaters. I might invest some money on a stove popper or an electric popper. More things to buy on Amazon, The Everything Store (Because Everything Else Is Closed)
Old 01-18-2021, 12:53 PM   #9604
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
That sounds good. What brand do you buy or do you make them from scratch? Oven baked or special mini oven/toaster?

It's fun to have your own home movie theater. While I've seen two big screen movies this year and enjoyed every second, I also bought a projector for my blu ray and blu ray 3D, DVD player. Been watching a movie every week since. It's awesome and fun to have theater style snacks and beverages while sitting in my theater style chair. Got the projector brand new for under $370. Viewsonic 503W I think is the model. Great so far, no problems. 3D looks awesome on my wall too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctujackbauer View Post
Now I have to try making those pretzels. Is it worth buying the Hoosier Hill Farm coarse pretzel salt? I have coarse kosher salt on hand but I'm not sure if it would turn out the same.

I've tried Jolly Time microwave popcorn with the Kernel Seasonings nacho flavor, but it really doesn't compare to Harkins Theaters. I might invest some money on a stove popper or an electric popper. More things to buy on Amazon, The Everything Store (Because Everything Else Is Closed)
We made them from scratch using Kosher Salt. It only takes about 20 minutes its not bad at all TBH. As for the popcorn popper we already have that down pat but the secret is the flavor packs the theaters use, its mixed into the kettle before its popped. Microwave will never do it justice you need an old school popper to do it.
Thanks given by:
ctujackbauer (01-18-2021)
Old 01-18-2021, 07:09 PM   #9605
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2016

Quote:
We made them from scratch using Kosher Salt. It only takes about 20 minutes its not bad at all TBH. As for the popcorn popper we already have that down pat but the secret is the flavor packs the theaters use, its mixed into the kettle before its popped. Microwave will never do it justice you need an old school popper to do it.
For the popcorn, this stuff? Gold Medal Products 2045 Flavacol

I'm sure I won't get close but I want to spend a bunch of money on stuff that will probably expire. Plus I'm now in for a penny, in for a pound.
Old 01-18-2021, 07:37 PM   #9606
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2019
Schitt's Creek

Quote:

I'm sure I won't get close but I want to spend a bunch of money on stuff that will probably expire. Plus I'm now in for a penny, in for a pound.
That stuff is delicious...but I've had one stroke already and I'm not going through that again. Why does everything tasty have to be high in sodium?

Rant over. Enjoy your literal "home theater"!
Old 01-18-2021, 09:36 PM   #9607
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:

Yes but what Oil are you using?
Old 01-18-2021, 09:37 PM   #9608
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay H. View Post
That stuff is delicious...but I've had one stroke already and I'm not going through that again. Why does everything tasty have to be high in sodium?

Rant over. Enjoy your literal "home theater"!
Reduce the amount of salt you put in your stuff only needs a hint of salt not enough salt to make you drink a 6 pack. Theaters oversalt because they want you to buy more and more drinks IE more revenue. For home you already are drinking whatever you are drinking so cut all salt content by 1/2 or 3/4.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:55 PM   #9609
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2019
Schitt's Creek

Quote:
Reduce the amount of salt you put in your stuff only needs a hint of salt not enough salt to make you drink a 6 pack. Theaters oversalt because they want you to buy more and more drinks IE more revenue. For home you already are drinking whatever you are drinking so cut all salt content by 1/2 or 3/4.
Oh, believe me: I NEVER add salt to anything. But there is a lot of food that is already high in sodium.

As for popcorn: I put kernels in a Perfect Popper (bought on Amazon) and microwave it (no oil needed) for 2 minutes. I then spray the popped corn with Pam Butter Flavor (no calories, fat, or sodium) and add some Kernel Season's White Cheddar (very low calorie and low sodium). Delicious and healthy snack while I watch a flick at home.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:58 PM   #9610
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay H. View Post
Oh, believe me: I NEVER add salt to anything. But there is a lot of food that is already high in sodium.

As for popcorn: I put kernels in a Perfect Popper (bought on Amazon) and microwave it (no oil needed) for 2 minutes. I then spray the popped corn with Pam Butter Flavor (no calories, fat, or sodium) and add some Kernel Season's White Cheddar (very low calorie and low sodium). Delicious and healthy snack while I watch a flick at home.
Yes but not movie theater taste! That's my point I'm trying to replicate the experience as best I can in my home theater when I build it. Especially if Day to Date sticks past 2021.

When all is said and done ill have 120" screen, Atmos sound, 4k, I can do pretzels now, pizza, and popcorn. The only thing im missing is chicken fingers and or wings.
Old 01-18-2021, 11:04 PM   #9611
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2019
Schitt's Creek

Quote:
Yes but not movie theater taste! That's my point I'm trying to replicate the experience as best I can in my home theater when I build it. Especially if Day to Date sticks past 2021.

When all is said and done ill have 120" screen, Atmos sound, 4k, I can do pretzels now, pizza, and popcorn. The only thing im missing is chicken fingers and or wings.
Hey, more power to you!
Old 01-21-2021, 03:27 PM   #9612
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2008

Get ready for some more delays.
Thanks given by:
JayTL (01-21-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 08:46 AM   #9613
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2016

My theatre got:

- No Man's Land (also on digital)
- Our Friend (also on digital)
- Born A Champion (also on digital)
- Brother's By Blood (also on digital)

- The Little Rascals (1994)
- The Thing (1982)

No idea why they're getting The Thing again when they had it a few months ago. They're showing it on the smallest screen.. but I saw it months ago on one of their biggest screens. Seems pointless to bring it back on their tiniest screen.

Freaky is only showing at 8pm. No idea why, it's not sharing a theatre with anything. They should throw a 4pm showtimes too, wouldn't mind seeing it again since it's still on a decent sized screen.

They got rid of Don't Tell A Soul after a week. Oh well, guess I'll just watch on digital.
Old 01-22-2021, 05:28 PM   #9614
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2008

https://blog.roku.com/quibi

The Roku Channel to bring Quibi content to streamers in 2021
Old 01-23-2021, 10:03 AM   #9615
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM

Post-Pandemic Blues: 61% of Survey Respondents Say They’re Not Returning to Movie Theaters

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/post-p...ovie-theaters/
Thanks given by:
Jay H. (01-23-2021)
Old 01-23-2021, 01:41 PM   #9616
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2011

^ Screw. Them.
Old 01-23-2021, 01:50 PM   #9617

Jun 2019
rochester, ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post
Post-Pandemic Blues: 61% of Survey Respondents Say They’re Not Returning to Movie Theaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
^ Screw. Them.
I haven't gotten back yet but it has nothing to do with paranoia. My best time was Friday matinees. They haven't been showing anything early yet. There were a few really good things that came back like ELVIS. I really wanted to see that but they only had a couple oddball show times.
Old 01-23-2021, 03:42 PM   #9618
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRochester View Post
I haven't gotten back yet but it has nothing to do with paranoia. My best time was Friday matinees. They haven't been showing anything early yet. There were a few really good things that came back like ELVIS. I really wanted to see that but they only had a couple oddball show times.
Beyond just health concerns, there also is an issue of people getting into the habit of watching brand new movies on streaming and losing interest in the theatrical experience the longer this drags on. That seems to be the conclusion of the survey (granted it’s less than 900 people and what people feel now may change particularly if the vaccines are able to improve things sooner rather than later).
Old 01-23-2021, 03:47 PM   #9619
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post

I don't blame em. I'm not sitting there watching a movie with a mask on when I can watch it from home.
Thanks given by:
Dustin44 (01-23-2021), Jay H. (01-23-2021)
Old 01-23-2021, 03:54 PM   #9620
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
I don't blame em. I'm not sitting there watching a movie with a mask on when I can watch it from home.
And yet, MGM thinks that releasing NTTD in October is going to yield them a profit. Idiots.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
disney, streaming