Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Ultraman Leo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.99
8 hrs ago
My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$33.99

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Lovecraft Country: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$26.28
1 hr ago
Rick and Morty: The Complete Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$69.96

Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$25.80

One-Punch Man: Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.63

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$32.77

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$31.96
5 hrs ago
Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Kandagawa Jet Girls: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 day ago
Grimm: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$64.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > TV Polls

Old 03-23-2020, 05:47 PM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Deep inside your fever-dream.

GoT is crap.

BrBa is the GOAT.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:10 PM   #22
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2009
The O.C.

The Wire > The Sopranos > GoT
Thanks given by:
jasonmiles2014 (03-30-2020)
Old 03-25-2020, 07:05 PM   #23
Banned

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake2222 View Post
while the tv show was more of a tale of Hollywood / San Francisco
What do you mean by a tale of Hollywood/San Francisco?
Old 03-25-2020, 09:17 PM   #24
Expert Member

Jan 2009

Breaking Bad obviously it had a perfect serie finale heck you could have it least tried BB vs. The Wire which sadly The Wire still could have continued.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:04 PM   #25
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
Breaking Bad is better constructed/built... but I own Game of Thrones on Blu-ray and I don't have BB. I think GOT (for me) has more potential to be rewatched often.

So, which is best? BB
Which one I prefer? GOT
This sums up my opinion on the question perfectly.

I am a huge fan of BB and believe it to be one of the best written/acted series of all time. That being said it isn't exactly a series I can re-watch often. I need time in-between viewings because of the slow nature of it's pacing.

GoT on the other hand is a completely different show that I can re-watch at almost any given time.

I own both and love both. I watch GoT far more than I do BB.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:51 PM   #26

Apr 2010
USA

Weird post, but I think Breaking Bad is the greatest TV show of all time so I'm going with that. I do love GoT, especially the first few seasons.
Thanks given by:
jasonmiles2014 (03-30-2020)
Old 03-30-2020, 03:43 PM   #27
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Virtual Reality

I can only base my opinion off of the first two seasons of each. I've just started Breaking Bad yesterday, and have watched one and a half seasons. And I watched two seasons of Game Of Thrones when I had a DVD plan a while back on Netflix. That was all that was available to watch.

While fantasy/sci fi is my favorite genre. And Game Of Thrones had it's good moments in the first two seasons it was mostly boring to me. Too slow and dragged out for my tastes. And I have difficulty with boring. I was mostly forcing myself to watch it hoping it would get good at some point.

Breaking bad has been holding my attention right from the beginning, always something interesting going on. So at this point, from what I've watched of both so far I'm going with Breaking Bad.

Even though I'm enjoying Breaking Bad quite a bit, I don't think I could put this kind of show on my top favorites list. Of course my opinion on that could change by the time I finish it. But for me, I don't think I could put that style of show above, or even in the same realm as something like say. The 100, Battlstar Galactica, Fringe. Shows of that nature. if I had any one of those shows to watch for the first time right now, or something equivalent I probably wouldn't be watching Breaking Bad.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:02 PM   #28
Expert Member

Jan 2014
Far, far away

I loved Game of Thrones, but Breaking Bad is infinitely superior. It's one of the three best shows I've ever watched, along with The Wire and The Sopranos.
Thanks given by:
Lemmy Lugosi (04-02-2020)
Old 03-30-2020, 04:19 PM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Virtual Reality

Too bad they don't make Game Of Throne available for streaming on Netflix. I'd probably finish it if they did. But I'm never going to buy it or get HBO.

They should put it on Netflix for the pandemic cause.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:21 AM   #30
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3D View Post
Too bad they don't make Game Of Throne available for streaming on Netflix. I'd probably finish it if they did. But I'm never going to buy it or get HBO.

They should put it on Netflix for the pandemic cause.

There is a bunch of extra free stuff on demand from Comcast (if you have them). I believe GOT was one of the additions bc of all of this virus craziness and being stuck at home.
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (04-01-2020)
Old 04-01-2020, 06:42 AM   #31
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Virtual Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneD5 View Post
There is a bunch of extra free stuff on demand from Comcast (if you have them). I believe GOT was one of the additions bc of all of this virus craziness and being stuck at home.
That's pretty cool. Though I no longer have any kind of cable or satellite Just my Netflix.

Finished season 2 of Breaking Bad. Now I see what all the rave reviews are about. That was really intense. Awful but intense.

Isn't that girl that plays the apartment manager/Jesses girlfriend the same girl that plays Jessica Jones? She sure looks like her.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:55 AM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2019
Schitt's Creek

I have no interest in either of these shows.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:01 AM   #33

Mar 2020
Deep Space Nine

Breaking Bad is the superior show. I love Better Call Saul too. GOT was great apart from the ending. My all time favourite show is Person of Interest.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:54 AM   #34
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Virtual Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
Breaking Bad is the superior show. I love Better Call Saul too. GOT was great apart from the ending. My all time favourite show is Person of Interest.

Person of interest, really? I saw it was on Netflix and was thinking about giving it another chance. But I remember watching the first few episodes when they first aired and was disappointed and gave up on it right away. It actually gets pretty good then? I don't even remember it that well, just that it was a lot less interesting than I thought it was going to be and being disappointed. But as mentioned didn't get that far into it, I was just Meh and stopped watching it. I loved the idea of it though. I guess that's why I was disappointed, wasn't as exciting as I had been hoping/expecting. But that's the trouble with having high expectations...

Last edited by Lovemy3D; 04-01-2020 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:39 AM   #35
Banned

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay H. View Post
I have no interest in either of these shows.
Why is this so?
Old 04-02-2020, 10:11 AM   #36

Mar 2020
Deep Space Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3D View Post
Person of interest, really? I saw it was on Netflix and was thinking about giving it another chance. But I remember watching the first few episodes when they first aired and was disappointed and gave up on it right away. It actually gets pretty good then? I don't even remember it that well, just that it was a lot less interesting than I thought it was going to be and being disappointed. But as mentioned didn't get that far into it, I was just Meh and stopped watching it. I loved the idea of it though. I guess that's why I was disappointed, wasn't as exciting as I had been hoping/expecting. But that's the trouble with having high expectations...
I felt the same way at first, but after giving it another shot and binging on a couple of episodes I really started to enjoy the show's concept of helping out the ordinary guy against an evil protagonist. Some of the episodes are truly excellent like the 911 operator who is trying to save a child, but a very evil man has hacked her system to stop her. I also like the redemption of corrupt detective Fusco. There is a strong moral context to the show. Mr Robot does it well too.
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 08:35 AM   #37
Banned

Jan 2011

Hmm I see
Old 04-03-2020, 06:39 PM   #38
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2008
Alaska

GOT ain't even in the same league...
Old 04-06-2020, 07:28 AM   #39

Mar 2010

This could have been a real contest back in 2014, but Game of Thrones seemed to lose it's magic in Season 5 and slowly started tearing at the seams, devolving into just another TV show that ends up sprinting through a lazy conclusion.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:48 AM   #40
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmy Lugosi View Post

BrBa is the GOAT.
Neck and neck with The Wire. The Wire is my favorite show of all time. I heard that Breaking Bad is just as good and I thought, 'no chance' and wow BB is just as good. I won't say it's better but it's certainly as good. I would still give the nod to The Wire because the structure is the downfall of a city, not an individual.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > TV Polls