Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Ultraman Leo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.99
9 hrs ago
My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$33.99

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Lovecraft Country: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$26.28
3 hrs ago
Rick and Morty: The Complete Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$69.96

Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$25.80

One-Punch Man: Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.63

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$31.96
7 hrs ago
Kandagawa Jet Girls: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 day ago
Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$32.77

Grimm: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$64.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > TV Polls

Old 04-15-2020, 10:14 AM   #21
Banned

Jan 2011

Sex Education was entertaining here and there, but not very relatable or realistic. Season 1 was a little better, Season 2 felt as it was mostly filler.

Euphoria felt like they dont really know what they want to point out and what they have to say. One of the few things Euphoria is good at is camera movements and visuals.
Old 04-15-2020, 04:38 PM   #22
Expert Member

Aug 2018
Forest Hills, NY

I've only seen season 1 of Sex Education, so I don't know if it's fair to compare.

Euphoria is a GORGEOUS show. From the visuals to the music, it's incredibly atmospheric. I feel like Sam Levinson was able to capture some feelings really well in a visual manner. There are some really heavy themes, and the acting is great, even if the characters themselves can sometimes be grating.

Sex Education is perhaps a more enjoyable show if you're looking for something light-hearted. The characters are more along the lines of people you'd like to know vs. people you do know, if that makes sense? Its leaning toward humor makes it feel a smidge less genuine, I guess, but not in a bad way.

Ultimately, it's like apples and oranges. So many similar themes, with completely different ways of handling them. Since I've only seen season 1 of SE, and there's only been 1 season of Euphoria, I'd have to give it to Euphoria thus far. SE is a fun show, and there's nothing wrong with it at all, but Euphoria is a special show. It's dark, gritty, honest, and perhaps hopelessly bleak at times, but it looks and feels incredible. Lots and lots of care went into it, and it shows.
Old 04-15-2020, 05:11 PM   #23
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Link View Post
Sex Education was entertaining here and there, but not very relatable or realistic. Season 1 was a little better, Season 2 felt as it was mostly filler.

Euphoria felt like they dont really know what they want to point out and what they have to say. One of the few things Euphoria is good at is camera movements and visuals.
Euphoria had a lot to do with addictions.

Every main character had some sort of addiction they were dealing with.

Zendaya's character had a drug addiction obviously.
Nate's character was addicted to manipulating people.
Jules was addicted to the attention.
Kat was addicted to using her body as power over men.
Nate's GF was addicted to being the popular girl that dated the HS QB.
One girl was addicted to having sex.
Nate's dad was addicted to Grindr at motels.
Old 04-16-2020, 01:28 PM   #24

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Link View Post
What Teen TV Series do you prefer, which is better?

Vote on https://www.misterpoll.com/polls/632916 (to vote you need to copy the link and put in search; when you just click on the link you wont get to the poll unfortunately)

and discuss.
How many forums are you going to post this thing on? I see you over on DVDtalk telling people to go off site, and do it too.
Old 04-20-2020, 03:51 PM   #25
Banned

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan41 View Post
How many forums are you going to post this thing on?
all
Old 05-05-2020, 12:07 PM   #26
Banned

Jan 2011

While Euphoria is good at camera movements and visuals, it feels like they took various real high school scandal headlines and applied all of them to one group of high school kids at one school in one school year. It tries too hard to provoke and shock and it seems to think its quite edgy...its all too much in the face and dramatically forced for me. It felt like they dont really know what they want to point out and what they have to say.

Sex Education can be entertaining here and there, but for me it tries too hard to be witty and quirky, Season 1 was a little better, Season 2 felt as it was mostly filler. The only character that had a little growth this Season was Groff Adam, however the outing scene at the prom was ridiculous. Same as the stereotypical feminist portrayal that is Maeve.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:16 PM   #27
Banned

Jan 2011

Please dont forget to vote on the survey about the two Series on www.misterpoll.com/polls/632916 (to vote you need to copy the link and put in search; when you just click on the link you wont get to the poll unfortunately)
Old 09-02-2020, 09:51 AM   #28
Banned

Jan 2011

Also why is Sex Education look like it is set in a 1980s US High School ?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > TV Polls