Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$79.96
1 day ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.34
1 day ago
Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Wonder Woman 1984 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Crazy Samurai: 400 vs. 1 (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Hammer Films: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$45.99

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (Blu-ray)
$22.00
16 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 01-22-2021, 03:29 PM   #6861
Special Member

Sep 2012

I remember watching Justice League and feeling so disappointed with it all the way through and just thinking to myself that this is not a Zach Snyder film at all. Wasn't surprised when we heard how little of his footage was used and the whole ending with the red sky looked straight up like a SyFy/Asylum movie. How WB could release that is beyond me.
Thanks given by:
Chaotic (01-22-2021), Creed (01-22-2021), JDub1 (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 03:50 PM   #6862
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010

WB thought a Snyder/Whedon Frankentein's monster would have done better at the BO and just in time for them to get their bonuses.
Old 01-22-2021, 04:14 PM   #6863
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013

I want to watch the 2017 version after watching the Snyder Cut, out of curiosity. It will be an interesting novelty to see these two very different versions of the same movie back to back.
Thanks given by:
slumcat (01-23-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 04:39 PM   #6864
Expert Member

May 2010
Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
I chatted with someone who worked on the VFX of the theatrical justice league. He was posting on reddit basically and had proof to back it up.

He said the mustache work was basically indefensible and it was a tragedy a major studio thought it was fit to release to the public. He said they should have delayed the picture.

He said he had worked on the scene in the conversation in the fields with Cavill and Adams which was one of the better VFX renders he thought.

But overall he readily admitted it was horrifying VFX.

The mustache snafu has to be one of the most bizarre setbacks a mega-budget Hollywood production has ever faced.

I think Henry Cavill stands to gain the most by the Snyder cut. Though initially, I thought he was the most reluctant to endorse it. I think out of the main cast, he endorsed it last. But he came around when he joined Snyder to announce it.
If hes referring to when superman smiles in he field that was by far the worst shot ever.
Old 01-22-2021, 04:46 PM   #6865
Special Member

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanr1213 View Post
If hes referring to when superman smiles in he field that was by far the worst shot ever.
I will have to check clips on youtube to see but I think he was saying there was one where people didn't realize it was a reshoot scene. Of course he was a bit defensive but I will check and let you know.
Old 01-22-2021, 05:08 PM   #6866
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2012
Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphoR View Post
That mustache removal idea has to be a top 5 most stupid decisions in Hollywood history. Even Cesar Romero's Joker mustache cover up is laughing.
Worst part is that from what I heard WB offered to CGI Cavill's moustache for Mission Impossible for Paramount (as adding hair is much easier to pull off than removing it), Paramount told WB "f**k off".
Old 01-22-2021, 05:09 PM   #6867
Expert Member

May 2010
Tennessee

Quote:
I will have to check clips on youtube to see but I think he was saying there was one where people didn't realize it was a reshoot scene. Of course he was a bit defensive but I will check and let you know.
I will say he is being a tad bit protective of his work, because every scene with the mustache is so blatantly obvious, if someone was that good where they could hide in one scene they could d it in all the others. Ill een watch that scene back tonight and ill see if i can pick it out but I think besides the scene where he smiles in the field its all snyders.

I wish snyder as a charity stram would just watch the theatrical cut, let all the money go to his charity.
Old 01-22-2021, 05:11 PM   #6868
Expert Member

May 2010
Tennessee

Quote:
Quote:
I will say he is being a tad bit protective of his work, because every scene with the mustache is so blatantly obvious, if someone was that good where they could hide in one scene they could d it in all the others. Ill een watch that scene back tonight and ill see if i can pick it out but I think besides the scene where he smiles in the field its all snyders.

I wish snyder as a charity stram would just watch the theatrical cut, let all the money go to his charity.
Again hes delusional.
Old 01-22-2021, 05:21 PM   #6869
Special Member

Jan 2015
Iowa, The Hawkeye State

I always thought that it made him look a bit like Adam Baldwin in a way......

Thanks given by:
dallywhitty (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 05:28 PM   #6870
Expert Member

May 2010
Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDub1 View Post

He looks like that animated gif you see all the time of a s smiling dog.
Thanks given by:
JDub1 (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 06:29 PM   #6871
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2015
Indoors™

Quote:
Thanks given by:
dallywhitty (01-22-2021), Gacivory (01-22-2021), SpazeBlue (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 06:41 PM   #6872
Expert Member

May 2010
Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylor View Post
Good god yes, Im glad im not the only one who saw it.
Old 01-22-2021, 07:37 PM   #6873

Jan 2016
Sherman Oaks, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBlu-RayFan View Post
Worst part is that from what I heard WB offered to CGI Cavill's moustache for Mission Impossible for Paramount (as adding hair is much easier to pull off than removing it), Paramount told WB "f**k off".
Howdy, CB-RF!

The circumstances of this conversation were detailed a few posts back, but Tom Cruise told us Henry is one of those guys who needs to shave twice a day so he and McQ were more than happy to wait the short period it would take for Henry’s mustache to grow back enough for their VFX team to paint in the rest of it as they had other Fallout stuff to shoot in the meantime.

Jake Myers (really good guy), the producer on Fallout, calculated it would cost around $2.5-3M to do the VFX work on Henry’s partial mustache so McQ figured they’d ask Warners for that amount, shut down the show for a little bit, pay the crew to idle and let Henry regrow the ‘stache.

Paramount caught wind of the idea and told Jake, Tom and McQ that it wasn’t going to happen. I’m not sure I blame them.

~Huck
Thanks given by:
Troll2fan (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 08:50 PM   #6874
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2019

Quote:
He looks like that animated gif you see all the time of a s smiling dog.
I thought that was probably the "best" of the mustache shots in the film. Being darker probably helped them a bit. It still looks off, but better than that cornfield travesty or the opening cell phone shot. What's amazing is there are a few shots that are Snyder's, like where he's standing over Steppenwolf shooting his heat vision at him and Cavill looks f***ing amazing. It's like "now there's Superman"...for that one shot.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:20 PM   #6875
Power Member

Jul 2018
Wisconsin, USA

Quote:
That face is now a meme amongst my friend group.

DO YOU BLEEEEED?
Old 01-22-2021, 09:26 PM   #6876
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2016
Los Angeles, California

The photo above is the one that bugged me the most of Cavill’s face. I was prepared for the phone one by watching the leaked photos and videos of it. But that one really made me spit take at it’s awfulness.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:43 PM   #6877
Special Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gacivory View Post
The photo above is the one that bugged me the most of Cavill’s face. I was prepared for the phone one by watching the leaked photos and videos of it. But that one really made me spit take at it’s awfulness.
For me it was the phone opening and the farm, looked like they took Cavill out back and beat him with the ugly stick.
Thanks given by:
Gacivory (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 09:52 PM   #6878
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck Caton View Post
I boomed the Justice League motion capture business back in October of ’16 and am very much looking forward to seeing Zack’s revamped edition of the picture. He’s an incredibly nice fellow and the tragedy that transpired only a few short months after we wrapped is still hard to fathom.

I did watch the movie at a screening in late ’17 but don’t recall seeing much (or any) of the Darkseid, Steppenwolf or DeSaad stuff we’d worked on at Universal the previous year.

I think the green dot on my badge meant I could record sound and carry a phone but not use my phone or its camera (huh?). Blue meant you could use your phone and yellow meant… well, the sky’s the limit!

Security was so crazy tight that one day after lunch I had to show the guard my badge and vouch for Zack as he’d forgotten his and they wouldn’t let him back onto the stage to direct the afternoon’s work.

Show business… like no business I know (thank goodness.)

~Huck
Huck's back! For how long we don't know, and he may well delete his posts again (it looks like I'm talking to thin air in the Dunkirk thread, though people tell me I'm an audience of 1 anyway), so enjoy him while ye can folks.
Thanks given by:
Huck Caton (01-23-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 11:03 PM   #6879
Expert Member

May 2010
Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Huck's back! For how long we don't know, and he may well delete his posts again (it looks like I'm talking to thin air in the Dunkirk thread, though people tell me I'm an audience of 1 anyway), so enjoy him while ye can folks.
Ive never saw his name before, now me and creepy bear thats another story.
Thanks given by:
Huck Caton (01-23-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 11:19 PM   #6880
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Virginia Beach, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gacivory View Post
There's an irony that that's apps on my phone that can do a Deepfake of Cavill that looks better than what WB got after god knows how much money they spent.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies