Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
My Fair Lady 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
8 hrs ago
Django 4K + Texas, Adios (Blu-ray)
$42.99
16 hrs ago
News of the World 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
16 hrs ago
Big Fish 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.50

Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Rick and Morty: The Complete Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$63.50
1 day ago
Crazy Samurai: 400 vs. 1 (Blu-ray)
$14.96
12 hrs ago
Black Clover: Season 1 and 2 Complete (Blu-ray)
$149.99

The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Masterpiece: All Creatures Great and Small (Blu-ray)
$34.16
11 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 12-22-2020, 11:59 PM   #1

Mar 2017
Cool Headphone surround sound processors?

I don't where exactly to go with question, because LDDB.com I'd about laser discs, I asked how to hear the best Laser Disc sound. They told me to get an AC3 RF to DD converter, a technology unique to laser discs. And they said if my headphones decode Dolby Digital and turn it to a headphone mix, then my Turtle Beach DSS should concert it to headphone surround.

By the way, they kicked me off by referring to me by username, almost begging me to come in their discussion, then they threaten to kick me off. I told the mod I was invited on a topic I most comment about, getting my Turtle Beach to listen to movies in perfect surround sound.

And I haven't been on the website in over a year, and I was invited just to get kicked off.

I never had and surround system except for my Turtle Beach. I understand the secret is controlling the acoustics around your ear in a standardized way instead of hiring a tech to "program" the sound system FOR A PARTICULAR ROOM, and only got the guy in the sweet spot. For forgive me if I'm ignorant of such devices outside Turtle Beach and similar gaming companies.

Does there exist either a current or retro device that takes Dolby and DTS and LPCM 7.1 and convert it into a headphone mix which sounds 360x360 when listen to in headphones?

I don't know if they currently make stuff because most gaming headphones now rely on the software base solution instead of a peripheral add-on. Where do I find the peripheral add-on? I assume this peripheral add-on will work equally as well in Dolby DTS and lpcm. Dolby movies sound great on my Turtle Beach decoder but not DTS or lpcm. 70% of my blu-rays are DTS, and 5% are lpcm.

That's a big chunk to be missing in our living room.

I'm looking for one that can work with dad's TV and Blu-ray upstairs and one that can work downstairs with DTS laserdiscs if I happen to find any in the wild at thrift stores.

I know there are software-based solutions on the Xbox one like the Dolby Atmos headphone app and the DTS X headphone app. Where were they find a hardware base solution that does all three conversions?

And by the way why is there no options to select match likes with lights so that Dolby Atmos movies are mixed using the Dolby Atmos headphone app and DTS movies are mixed using the DTS X headphone mixing app, and I assume Windows Sonic does the LPCM version of that. Why is there no match Media mode as an option for headphone mode in the Xbox One?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Headphones, Portable Audio, Computer Audio