Best SteelBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Made in Abyss Theatrical Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99

Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Shutter Island 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 day ago
Gattaca 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

An American Werewolf in London (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Ef: A Tale of Memories & Melodies (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Dragon Ball Z: Season 9 (Blu-ray)
$39.96

Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$42.95
5 hrs ago
Gamera: The Heisei Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$47.99

Whisper of the Heart (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Cat Returns (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks > SteelBook Collection Galleries

Old 12-31-2020, 02:46 AM   #21

Aug 2019
Washington, D.C.

ebay's return policies are very buyer friendly. If the item condition doesn't match the listing then ebay does have a money back guarantee.

I personally wouldn't request my money back over a single corner dent but I don't see anything wrong with requesting a discount or if you prefer a refund because that doesn't sound like a particularly good seller if they never even examined the steelbook before selling it. A corner dent like that wouldn't have happened during shipment in a Zavvi mailer; and even if it had the mailer would have extensive damage - meaning it was likely that way before shipment and not disclosed in the original listing. I think Kylo has a legitimate gripe on this one.

I honestly wouldn't buy from ebay unless the seller specifies in the listing that the steelbook you're getting is the one pictured (with lots of pics), clearly states the condition and any imperfections (within reason if they are visible), and then guarantee it'll be sent protected in a box. When I sell steelbooks from my collection that's what I do so the buyer knows exactly what they're getting.
Thanks given by:
Kylo_Ren (12-31-2020)
Old 12-31-2020, 03:44 AM   #22

Dec 2020

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I am NOT a monster! haha XD

I know fully well that these things happen and have been completely polite when reaching out to the seller.

I agree that the damage is not major. Again, I just had a problem with what, to me, seemed like a dishonest product description (no bubble wrap, lack of inspecting item prior to selling it, etc.)

As for why I was wearing gloves, there is this thing called COVID. Yes, I know it's not likely to get it from the mail, but it doesn't hurt to be safe. XD

Lastly, the steelbook is NOT opened. The shrinkwrap was split open/torn at the edge where the damage was. I have not compromised the item at all.

Last edited by Kylo_Ren; 12-31-2020 at 10:51 AM.
Old 12-31-2020, 04:48 AM   #23

Oct 2008
United States

Whatever you want to do you will win in ebay as a seller even if the seller is right. I soled a sealed brand new movie and the buyer wants to return because it's unplayable, then the next email was oh it's still sealed. I don't think ebay reviews email messages between buyer and seller because in the end it was still my fault. So I guess ask for a partial refund!
Old 12-31-2020, 05:27 AM   #24

Feb 2013
Bloomington, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Steelbook Indy

It’s really this simple. The seller owes you a copy of this Steelbook in mint condition unless advertised otherwise. It doesn’t matter if it was damaged in transit to you, to him or some other way. If you receive anything less than described, it’s on the seller to make it right for you. If s/he doesn’t, you can open an eBay case of “Item Not As Described,” and you’ll win.

I sell Steelbooks on eBay (mainly when I replace a Zavvi with a Premium). I insure and mail priority. I charge the buyer for Priority shipping and pad the cost of the Steelbook to absorb my insurance cost. Those are the types of things responsible sellers do, because it’s a fact that if you don’t receive an item as described, eBay will side with the buyer 100% of the time.

Try working it out with the seller first. It’s his responsibility to make it whole - if you bought directly from Zavvi or Amazon and if the item were damaged in transit from Zavvi or Amazon, they’d send you a replacement.

Last edited by Steelbook Indy; 12-31-2020 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Clarified
Thanks given by:
Kylo_Ren (12-31-2020)
Old 12-31-2020, 05:34 AM   #25
Expert Member

Sep 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmamalis6 View Post
If the disc(s) are in good condition keep the disc(s) and throw away the steelbook, unless you've got someone who can fix the steelbook and then buy a protective sleeve.
What the hell is this guy talking about?!
Thanks given by:
El Rey (12-31-2020), JayTL (12-31-2020), mucho_mango (01-01-2021)
Old 12-31-2020, 08:55 AM   #26
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Knightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by panasonicst60 View Post
What the hell is this guy talking about?!
Heresy is the only word I can come up with.
Old 12-31-2020, 08:59 AM   #27

Mar 2016
Greece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEco910 View Post
Heresy is the only word I can come up with.
I hope to respect my opinion because I respect yours.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:01 AM   #28

Dec 2020

Thanks, Steelbook Indy!

And like I said, normally I wouldn't be this picky.

I suppose I can add that this steelbook was not purchased for myself. It is a birthday present for someone.

I hope you can then understand why I wanted a good copy. I don't want to give someone a damaged steelbook as a present - even if the damage is minor.

I feel it would be disrespectful, but that's just me. haha

I respect all of your opinions and found your input very valuable. Thanks again.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:44 AM   #29

Dec 2020

Just wanted to post a couple pictures with different lighting.

I have to say - in my defense, it does seem visible when displaying the steel on a shelf with the spine facing you and it's more noticeable in person than the pictures indicate. haha

The person I am getting this for is pretty OCD so we'll see!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Damage Pic 4 (2).jpg (88.0 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Damage Pic 5 (2).jpg (86.9 KB, 62 views)
Old 12-31-2020, 01:47 PM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylo_Ren View Post
Just wanted to post a couple pictures with different lighting.

I have to say - in my defense, it does seem visible when displaying the steel on a shelf with the spine facing you and it's more noticeable in person than the pictures indicate. haha

The person I am getting this for is pretty OCD so we'll see!
So Im going to be honest- the damage actually looks less visible in those images.

And I'm gonna sound kinda rude too, but I mean this sincerely: You already got all the advice you need. Honestly, you have two options. Deal with it and keep the Steel or return it. There's a chance if you submit a return the seller will offer you a discount. Or submit a return and you will get a full refund.
Thanks given by:
El Rey (12-31-2020), EricDra7en (01-01-2021), heavyharmonies (12-31-2020)
Old 12-31-2020, 04:10 PM   #31

Jul 2020

I think it would be a bit egregious to ask for a full refund.
Thanks given by:
DarkEco910 (01-04-2021), El Rey (12-31-2020), EricDra7en (01-01-2021)
Old 12-31-2020, 04:27 PM   #32

Oct 2014

Iíve got to be honest but sometimes there are some ocd buyers out there who throw a fit if thereís a misaligned seam on the shrinkwrap or a tiny scratch visible. I can understand an actual dent being there but when you have glove wearing buyers out there those are the ones I donít want since theyíre never happy.
Old 12-31-2020, 04:45 PM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robopredinator View Post
I think it would be a bit egregious to ask for a full refund.
If he returns it, definitely not.
Thanks given by:
El Rey (12-31-2020)
Old 12-31-2020, 05:05 PM   #34
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2010
MS(the state, not the lady), USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansfan26 View Post
I can understand an actual dent being there but when you have glove wearing buyers out there those are the ones I donít want since theyíre never happy.
If you're referring to the OP, he said that the gloves were health related...

Quote:
As for why I was wearing gloves, there is this thing called COVID. Yes, I know it's not likely to get it from the mail, but it doesn't hurt to be safe. XD
Thanks given by:
Kylo_Ren (12-31-2020)
Old 12-31-2020, 05:23 PM   #35

Dec 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTL View Post
So Im going to be honest- the damage actually looks less visible in those images.

And I'm gonna sound kinda rude too, but I mean this sincerely: You already got all the advice you need. Honestly, you have two options. Deal with it and keep the Steel or return it. There's a chance if you submit a return the seller will offer you a discount. Or submit a return and you will get a full refund.
I am sorry if I gave the wrong impression that I wanted to keep asking by posting those pictures. The matter is finished on my end.

As for the damage seeming less visible, I agree, but that is mostly to do with the poor lighting and my camera not being able to focus too well under the dim lights.

Again, you will have to take my word for it. It does seem more prominent when viewed in person.

And lastly, again, this is not for me. I know some users appear to be judging me as someone complaining about nothing. I get it.

I wouldn't bother with this dent myself. I have to reiterate that it's a birthday gift for someone close who can be more picky than me. That's all.

No hard feelings. Thanks again!

Last edited by Kylo_Ren; 12-31-2020 at 05:32 PM.
Thanks given by:
JayTL (12-31-2020)
Old 12-31-2020, 05:30 PM   #36

Dec 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansfan26 View Post
Iíve got to be honest but sometimes there are some ocd buyers out there who throw a fit if thereís a misaligned seam on the shrinkwrap or a tiny scratch visible. I can understand an actual dent being there but when you have glove wearing buyers out there those are the ones I donít want since theyíre never happy.
Hello, Texansfan26,

I know there are OCD buyers out there and you seem to have quickly put me into that group without knowing me.

I have to reiterate this - I would not have problems with this minor damage. However, this is a birthday present for someone close and so I don't know if they might take offense to its condition. As you can see, there are plenty of users here who would not be satisfied with this steel's condition (NOT me) and I can't blame them.

And lastly, I am not an "OCD gloves wearing buyer". haha
I don't wear gloves when opening MY steelbooks. I was wearing gloves because I was opening the mail and this happened to be part of it.

Normally, I leave the mail for a day or two and open it without gloves. But I had to open this package right away to inspect it - hence the gloves.

I know that when someone puts themselves out there on the internet, it's inevitable that they get judged and I knew I would get hate for my original post.

I just hope people can understand where I am coming from and not be so judgmental or think poorly of me as a person.

Cheers!
Old 12-31-2020, 05:35 PM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
I am sorry if I gave the wrong impression that I wanted to keep asking by posting those pictures. The matter is finished on my end.

As for the damage seeming less visible, I agree, but that is mostly to do with the poor lighting and my camera not being able to focus too well under the dim lights.

Again, you will have to take my word for it. It does seem more prominent when viewed in person.

And lastly, again, this is not for me. I know some users appear to be judging me as someone complaining about nothing. I get it.

I wouldn't bother with this dent myself. I have to reiterate that it's a birthday gift for someone close who can be more picky than me. That's all.

No hard feelings. Thanks again!
I know what you are saying, and I apologize because it did sound harsh. WHen you say the matter is finished on my end, does that mean you requested a return, or did you leave it at just messaging the seller?
Old 12-31-2020, 05:48 PM   #38
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
UK

Most polite Kylo Ren ever.

I hope you gain a satisfactory outcome to all this, I definitely think you are justified in getting a partial refund. Even Zavvi themselves would have probably offered you 10-15% for a noticeable dent like that.
Thanks given by:
Kylo_Ren (Yesterday)
Old 12-31-2020, 06:12 PM   #39

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjasoncul View Post
If you're referring to the OP, he said that the gloves were health related...
Actually I wasnít referring to the OP. Thank you.
Old 12-31-2020, 06:13 PM   #40

Oct 2014

Quote:
Hello, Texansfan26,

I know there are OCD buyers out there and you seem to have quickly put me into that group without knowing me.

I have to reiterate this - I would not have problems with this minor damage. However, this is a birthday present for someone close and so I don't know if they might take offense to its condition. As you can see, there are plenty of users here who would not be satisfied with this steel's condition (NOT me) and I can't blame them.

And lastly, I am not an "OCD gloves wearing buyer". haha
I don't wear gloves when opening MY steelbooks. I was wearing gloves because I was opening the mail and this happened to be part of it.

Normally, I leave the mail for a day or two and open it without gloves. But I had to open this package right away to inspect it - hence the gloves.

I know that when someone puts themselves out there on the internet, it's inevitable that they get judged and I knew I would get hate for my original post.

I just hope people can understand where I am coming from and not be so judgmental or think poorly of me as a person.

Cheers!
Hi. Wasn’t referring to you specifically though I can see no WB how it could be construed as such. It was based on some unfortunate times I did actually deal with these types of buyers.
You’re a good guy as it comes across in your posts so sorry if you took personal. Again, it wasn’t my attention. Have a nice day and a Happy New Years.

Last edited by Texansfan26; 12-31-2020 at 07:14 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks > SteelBook Collection Galleries