Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$79.96
19 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.34
16 hrs ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Men in Black Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Crazy Samurai: 400 vs. 1 (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Wonder Woman 1984 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Hammer Films: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$45.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 05-08-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
Special Member

Jan 2009
NC
Question iPhone Thread

Hey,

Who out there has an iphone?? Can you tell me what you don't like about it?? I'm thinking about switching from verizon (the last 2 phones i've had from them have been pos)... I mostly know all the good things about the iphone, but none of the cons...

Thanks in advance

Last edited by MaCruz; 03-07-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
The Dark Knight

Oct 2007
Gotham City

You won't regret it switching... my only real complaints with the iphone right now they are fixing when they release the new firmware this summer.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:02 PM   #3
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-
-

no physical keyboard is really my last complaint after the new firmware

btw..new iphone isn't too far off now
Old 05-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
The Dark Knight

Oct 2007
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtop View Post

btw..new iphone isn't too far off now
Weren't they just doing the new firmware? I hadn't heard about a whole new phone...
Old 05-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Santa Cruz, California
Send a message via AIM to brettallica

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbader21 View Post
Hey,

Who out there has an iphone?? Can you tell me what you don't like about it?? I'm thinking about switching from verizon (the last 2 phones i've had from them have been pos)... I mostly know all the good things about the iphone, but none of the cons...

Thanks in advance
Like BruceWayne said, most of the cons will be addressed and fixed in the new update coming soon. I'm sure there will always be something to complain about, though.

One thing you might want to consider is if you're used to a typical phone and aren't interested in picking up something new and vastly different, then you might not be equipped to handle the iPhone. It's so much different from anything you've used in the past that it takes a lot of adjustment. Not having any buttons is one of those things that some people just can't handle. Not saying it's bad or good; it just is what it is ya know? I actually got my 3G iPhone for free because my boss' wife just couldn't hang with it it. I had an original since they came out, but the 3G was a nice upgrade, especially at a price of $0.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:12 PM   #6
Special Member

Jan 2009
NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettallica View Post
One thing you might want to consider is if you're used to a typical phone and aren't interested in picking up something new and vastly different, then you might not be equipped to handle the iPhone. It's so much different from anything you've used in the past that it takes a lot of adjustment. Not having any buttons is one of those things that some people just can't handle. Not saying it's bad or good; it just is what it is ya know? I actually got my 3G iPhone for free because my boss' wife just couldn't hang with it it. I had an original since they came out, but the 3G was a nice upgrade, especially at a price of $0.
I know what you're saying.. I think that applies to the older crowd more than me .. I've used my friend's iphone and love the interface
Old 05-08-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008
North Carolina

only thing i don't like about mine is the battery life. i wish it were better. i understand though that my usage (streaming podcasts) contributes to a lot of my battery life issues but other than that there is nothing bad i can say about it.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:13 PM   #8
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Michigan

I'm thinking of switching from Verizon as well, but I'm waiting to see what happens next month. Rumor is that a new iPhone will be announced.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:13 PM   #9
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWayne View Post
Weren't they just doing the new firmware? I hadn't heard about a whole new phone...
really? its like..all they've been talking about for months i'll be quite shocked if we don't see a new iphone next month
Old 05-08-2009, 05:14 PM   #10
Special Member

Jan 2009
NC

Quote:
how is the word completion function (T9Word) on it?
Old 05-08-2009, 05:16 PM   #11
Banned

Sep 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Best phone ever made:

I don't ask for much. I have a iPod Touch. This does everything I want.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:17 PM   #12
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-
-

Quote:
i've got the touch so i don't type too often on it, but its still a full keyboard so i dont even know if there's predictive text or not lol
Old 05-08-2009, 05:23 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Santa Cruz, California
Send a message via AIM to brettallica

Quote:
Amazing. No joke. It's not a traditional word completion/correction since you're using a QWERTY keyboard, but I guarantee it'll still blow your mind. I've had some pretty terrible fat-finger episodes and the correction still knew what I was trying to type.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:25 PM   #14
Special Member

Jan 2009
NC

i heard you can't get picture mail? is this changing in with new firmware?
Old 05-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #15
The Dark Knight

Oct 2007
Gotham City

Quote:
really? its like..all they've been talking about for months i'll be quite shocked if we don't see a new iphone next month
I really don't know how I've missed all this... my GF won't like this, 'cause I'll have to have it.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:28 PM   #16
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-
-

Quote:
i heard you can't get picture mail? is this changing in with new firmware?
gotta have a 3g or newer tho
Old 05-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #17
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

I was doing some serious looking into it since my bdays coming up these are the things I was actually kinda shocked to find out about it

1. no video camera

2. from the site I read they said you can only send pictures to peoples email's and if they want to view the picture they have to log onto the email it just doesn't pop up on their phone.

3. if you buy it at the apple store/at&t store and you fall and the screen breaks its on you they offer no insurance except apple care which only lasts for what I belive is 2 years and if you break it you shell out $250 and they'll give you a refurb. So far that I've found bestbuy offers insure on it but for $15/ mo.

4. No adobe

The only reason I'm still on the edge is the apps and the phone itself are so awsome, if it had those 4 other things I think it would be an unbeatable phone. my big thing is the first 3 I listed I have broken phones before paid the $50 to send it in and in 5 days my new one comes. (these could all change if a new ones coming out)

EDIT: Since I just read on here a new ones coming I did some searching hopefully that june date is true and it at least includes the first 2 on my worry list.

Last edited by supersix4; 05-08-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #18
Expert Member

Feb 2009

I have verizon and have been researching the iphone for quite some time.

I ended up not going for it because what's the point of having an iphone if you get crappy service. Many will try and tell you that AT&T is "fine for me" but coming from a great network like Verizon, it's pretty awful and unstable.

I have numerous friends who switched to AT&T and they regret it. If they could do it over, they would stick with Verizon and just get an ipod touch, it does the exact same thing as the iphone. Plus no physical keyboard, texting with that thing is pretty tough.

The biggest thing for me was no insurance available. My buddy has been through 3 iphones, had to pay full retail price each time

I stayed away from the Blackberry storm because the reviews are bad and the lag is horrible.

I bought a Blackberry Curve 8330 and couldn't be happier. Fast network and the customer service is top notch for me.

I've read some stuff that Apple and Verizon are in talks about the iphone which would be huge. It may not happen until next year but once the iphone is available on Verizon's network...good-bye AT&T

Last edited by ludawg23; 05-08-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #19
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-
-

video camera is rumored to be in the next iphone tho.

the the picture message is getting fixed in the new firmware
Old 05-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
Mobile, AL

I hate cell phones... I have never ever wanted one for myself. I bought my wife an iphone for Christmas. Two months later I got myself one because it is just that useful and fun.

The only downside is battery life, so order extra chargers from Amazon. I paid like $5 to get a car charger and an extra one that I keep on my desk at work. There's also a carrying case that is a solar charger available, and a plug in battery that gives added life if you know you frequently will be away from a charging source for a few hours of heavy use.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Handhelds, Mobiles, Tablets, Apps etc