Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Waterworld (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Black Adam (iTunes)
$12.99
1 day ago
Buddy Comedy Pack (iTunes)
$19.99

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Double Indemnity (iTunes)
$4.99

Must-Watch Comedy 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

The Finest Hours (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Patriot Games (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Must-Watch Sci-Fi 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Clear and Present Danger (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Forgetting Sarah Marshall (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)

Old 12-11-2018, 06:26 PM   #21
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2008

Ultraviolet is not Vudu, also, some titles at FandangoNow still have UV compatbility despite the missing logo so they will port in. However, do not assume this is normal. Always go by the belief that if there is no UV logo, there is not UV compatibility.

If it ports via UV then its a fantastic bonus, if it doesn’t then it doesn’t.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:31 PM   #22
Expert Member

Mar 2007
Rochester NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
Ultraviolet is not Vudu, also, some titles at FandangoNow still have UV compatibility despite the missing logo so they will port in. However, do not assume this is normal. Always go by the belief that if there is no UV logo, there is not UV compatibility.

If it ports via UV then its a fantastic bonus, if it doesn’t then it doesn’t.
Even though some may port to Vudu if they don't have the UV logo I think some may port first to Moviesanywhere and then from there back to Vudu since Vudu is linked to moviesanywhere if you set it up.

UV is the digital locker that stores your collection. Vudu is the player that accesses that library in UV. But yes they are not the same thing. People often confuse them as the same.

I also find that alot of this is constantly changing. They really need to come up with 1 digital locker so all client players can play all movies in the digital lockers regardless of studio. None of this linking and un-linking between multiple players and libraries.

Last edited by slaizer2000; 12-11-2018 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:03 PM   #23
Special Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaizer2000 View Post
I believe since this Movie is Sony that supports both UV and MoviesAnywhere's it ports nicely between digital lockers and your sub-vudu accounts/movie players automatically.
If a movie is redeemable in UV and moviesanywhere regardless of where you redeem it (i think) it will flow in to your vudu sub accounts. IF the movie is only redeemable in Moviesanywhere it will port to your main vudu account since that is what you link it to. Since you cannot link it also to your sub accounts it will not flow in to the subaccounts unless you start playing with linking and unlinking.
Fandango now stopped giving UV with Sony when they joined MA. It was a pretty big deal when it happened. Same with Warner brothers.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:11 PM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
I believe since this Movie is Sony that supports both UV and MoviesAnywhere's it ports nicely between digital lockers and your sub-vudu accounts/movie players automatically.
If a movie is redeemable in UV and moviesanywhere regardless of where you redeem it (i think) it will flow in to your vudu sub accounts. IF the movie is only redeemable in Moviesanywhere it will port to your main vudu account since that is what you link it to. Since you cannot link it also to your sub accounts it will not flow in to the subaccounts unless you start playing with linking and unlinking.
You only get UV rights if you redeem on a provider that grants UV rights.
So if you redeem an MA eligible movie on itunes, Amazon, Google Play, MA, etc the movie will transfer to Vudu but will not be subsequently transferred to your UV library and Vudu subaccounts.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:57 PM   #25
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyman View Post
So if you redeem an MA eligible movie on itunes, Amazon, Google Play, MA, etc the movie will transfer to Vudu but will not be subsequently transferred to your UV library and Vudu subaccounts.
Which is why Vudu is still the best
Old 12-11-2018, 11:29 PM   #26
Expert Member

Mar 2007
Rochester NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmod20061 View Post
Fandango now stopped giving UV with Sony when they joined MA. It was a pretty big deal when it happened. Same with Warner brothers.
I've never redeemed via Fandango since I try to stick with Vudu & Moviesanywhere.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:32 PM   #27
Expert Member

Mar 2007
Rochester NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyman View Post
I do believe that is true as any movie that doesn't come up in VUDU as a title that you can enter a code for usually will not port from Moviesanywhere to your vudu sub account. I have only redeemed via UV (way back in the day) and then VUDU and now MA. I have never done the other clients except itunes when you used to have to put the digital dvd disc in the computer.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:38 PM   #28
Expert Member

Mar 2007
Rochester NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 View Post
My code of M:I Fallout seems to have redeemed UV according to Vudu, but isnít showing up in FN.
I redeemed my MI:Fallout in VUDU.
In Fandango when you go under library if you pick "Movies" this equates to Moviesanywhere which doesn't work since Paramount/Lionsgate isn't supported in Moviesanywhere.

If you go under Libraries and pick "Ultraviolet" then you will see MI:fallout.

If you don't get the choice for Ultraviolet be sure to go under your account settings on fandango and link your Fandango account to Ultraviolet. You most likely already have it linked to Moviesanywhere.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:41 PM   #29
Expert Member

Mar 2007
Rochester NY

Quote:
In Fandango when you go under library if you pick "Movies" this equates to Moviesanywhere which doesn't work since Paramount/Lionsgate isn't supported in Moviesanywhere.

If you don't get the choice for Ultraviolet be sure to go under your account settings on fandango and link your Fandango account to Ultraviolet. You most likely already have it linked to Moviesanywhere.
I retract my statement. It appears in Fandango if I show the UV movies, but if you actually pick it it tells you to go to UV to view it. How ridiculous it shows up but doesn't let you watch it,lol. Only a couple of movies do that. The other UV movies listed you can watch. Guess they think of ways to make it more confusing than they need to.

Last edited by slaizer2000; 12-11-2018 at 11:48 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:39 PM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

Quote:
There is no UV logo so no UV compatibility:

https://www.fandangonow.com/details/...8437306F9B990D

There is a UV logo for this title so it has UV compatibility:

https://www.fandangonow.com/details/...i=0&eci=movies
That...sucks. This is a very disconcerting sign of things to come. Why won't MGM and Paramount just join MA?!

Quote:

When I click on M:I Fallout, it gives me the options to buy or rent, but doesn't show that I've purchased it like it does my other UV titles.

Last edited by hanshotfirst1138; 12-12-2018 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:08 PM   #31
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
There is no UV logo so no UV compatibility:

https://www.fandangonow.com/details/...8437306F9B990D

There is a UV logo for this title so it has UV compatibility:

https://www.fandangonow.com/details/...i=0&eci=movies
That's the whole point of this thread -- just because there's not a UV logo doesn't mean there isn't UV compatibility.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:03 PM   #32
Expert Member

Mar 2007
Rochester NY

Quote:
That...sucks. This is a very disconcerting sign of things to come. Why won't MGM and Paramount just join MA?!

When I click on M:I Fallout, it gives me the options to buy or rent, but doesn't show that I've purchased it like it does my other UV titles.
If you do a search for MI: fallout it seems to default to MA and will always show you purchase options for the movie. So you have to go to the library pulldown menu and pick ultraviolet. If you do that it should display the movie (photo is grayed out) and if you click it it will tell you to go to UV. As far as I can tell most movies can be played via fandangonow. But the ones with the grayed out photos cannot.
If you do a search for a movie and it is UV and playable via fandangonow then you will get that option to play it. It's just the ones that are listed in UV, but not playable that seem to default to the MA version that gives you the option to buy or rent.

I included screen captures from my pc and iphone for comparison
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture3.jpg (110.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Capture4.jpg (92.7 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by slaizer2000; 12-12-2018 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:57 PM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

I see, thanks. It’d be SO much easier if FN actually let you organize the UV section in any fashion.

Last edited by hanshotfirst1138; 12-17-2018 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:37 PM   #34
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2014

Quote:
I see, thanks. It’s be SO much easier if FN actually let you organize the UV section in any fashion.
FN is crazy. I have seen 3 different versions on 3 different streaming devices.

The Sony player was useless, the collection in FN was thrown out as a lump, alphabetically, no sort, with individual TV episode titles mixed in. Impossible to order in any way.

The Roku Ultra 4661 (newest model) has the same sort of lump, but a little easier to search. It at least has a divide between UV and MA titles. But still hard to navigate

The Roku Ultra 4640 (older model) had, strangely, the best sort. It was lumped but in Vudu fashion (all at once in a complete list), so newer items came at the top (or, strangely, very bottom). So you could pull up the list and see the top, or go "up" and hit the bottom of the list where a new item might be placed. Search was much easier, it was strangely very well organized (comparatively, Vudu layout is still overall better)

So it's strange that the newer Roku would give an inferior FN platform. I can't imagine why the format from the older Roku would be changed. But I would assume these are all designed by FN themselves.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)