Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Army of Darkness (iTunes)
$4.99
14 hrs ago
The Menu (iTunes)
$9.99
6 hrs ago
I Know What You Did Last Summer (iTunes)
$4.99
14 hrs ago
Red Rocket (iTunes)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
Fantastic Beasts 3-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Kingdom of Heaven (iTunes)
$4.99
14 hrs ago
The Worst Person in the World (iTunes)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
Commando (iTunes)
$4.99
14 hrs ago
Pulp Fiction (iTunes)
$6.99
13 hrs ago
Shaun of the Dead (iTunes)
$4.99
14 hrs ago
Thor 4-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$34.99

Some Like It Hot (iTunes)
$4.99
14 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)

Old 06-25-2019, 12:38 AM   #1

May 2016
Lexington, Kentucky
USA What will become of my personal UV collection (list) here after shut-down?

Just curious and cannot find an answer for this... When UV shuts down next month, what will become of our personal list/collection here on blu-ray.com? I mainly use Vudu and have 2186 films in my UV category list here on the site. Will blu-ray.com just rename the list to Vudu? But then where does that leave users who mainly use FandangoNow? Surely blu-ray.com won't just delete the UV category? I would hate to lose my list of films.... Anybody have an answer? Help!
Old 06-28-2019, 09:48 AM   #2

Mar 2012
USA

Maybe Blu-ray.com will list them as "DTD" (Disc to Digital) or "DIG" (Digital) I wouldn't worry about it too much, they will all be here. While their making changes, how about allowing members to add the "AIV" Collection amount under the "Member since" stats.
Thanks given by:
natyr607 (06-29-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 10:17 PM   #3
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2008
The Swan Station aDdIcTeD 2 LOST PSN:U5MC51473
Send a message via AIM to sfmarine Send a message via MSN to sfmarine Send a message via Skype™ to sfmarine

I wonder if the mods will create a Vudu DB to replace it as they are still up and running...for now. Looks like Movies Anywhere is the new king at this point when it comes to digital.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:26 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
Sahuarita, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmarine View Post
I wonder if the mods will create a Vudu DB to replace it as they are still up and running...for now. Looks like Movies Anywhere is the new king at this point when it comes to digital.
I don't expect Vudu to go anywhere anytime soon as they are owned by Walmart and one of the biggest players in the digital video retail space (and they have the unique advantage of being able to cross-merchandise a variety of related items on their pages).

Seems like it would make sense though to 'switch' the Ultraviolet DB to a Vudu DB as most of the titles would transition across.
Thanks given by:
natyr607 (07-22-2019)
Old 07-22-2019, 01:11 PM   #5
Power Member

Nov 2012
Reading, Pa.
USA

Quote:

I disagree. Too many larger studios missing from MA (Paramount, MGM, Lionsgate) and MA doesn't do "TV shows" like VUDU/UV did.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:05 PM   #6
Banned

Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan
Wal-Mart

Yes, Vudu is my digital service of choice. It's the only one that has all my content, including TV shows, and stuff from the studios that aren't on MA. Plus, Walmart InstaWatch is a great value for those of us still buying discs (and I don't believe IW redemptions cross over to MA).

I've never looked into the digital movie database here. I might have to get on that. But it does seem redundant, as I can just as easily open up Vudu to see everything I have digitally. (And I've always used the comments option on disc entries to note that I've redeemed the digital copy anyway.)
Old 07-23-2019, 06:52 PM   #7

Apr 2016
Columbia, SC

When/if the UV section is converted to the Vudu section, it would be great if there was also the option of what the movie is owned in: SD, HDX, or UHD. I don't recall what I have when trying to figure out if I need to upgrade a movie.

Such as, there's a deal on the bluray of something I don't care that much about, but at the price I'll upgrade my dvd to bluray. I see that I have it on Vudu. Now I have to go to Vudu to see what it's in sd, hd, uhd.

Seems like a simple addition.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:43 PM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
They wouldn't really need to create a new DB, just have to rename UV to Vudu. All the titles should stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattgreenbean View Post
When/if the UV section is converted to the Vudu section, it would be great if there was also the option of what the movie is owned in: SD, HDX, or UHD. I don't recall what I have when trying to figure out if I need to upgrade a movie.

Such as, there's a deal on the bluray of something I don't care that much about, but at the price I'll upgrade my dvd to bluray. I see that I have it on Vudu. Now I have to go to Vudu to see what it's in sd, hd, uhd.

Seems like a simple addition.
In the BD section, there's an "upgrade to" section for 4K and 3D, if they could implement the same thing with digital copies, you could check the resolution you own from the dropdown menu like retailers and then it could tell you what is 4K and what you can upgrade.

It also might be easier if they took all the different digital outlets off and just had a "digital" section and then had 3 checkboxes you can select depending on what you have it on (MA, iTunes, AIV). That probably will only matter for studios not part of MA but still.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)

Tags
category, closing, list, ultraviolet