Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$36.98

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$44.00
6 hrs ago
Don't Worry Darling 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$32.95

My Fair Lady (Blu-ray)
AU$6.50

Knightfall: Season One (Blu-ray)
AU$5.00

Highlander (Blu-ray)
AU$6.50

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (Blu-ray)
AU$6.50

Bone Tomahawk (Blu-ray)
AU$6.50

The Menu (Blu-ray)
AU$29.98

Bones and All (Blu-ray)
AU$26.98

Chinatown (Blu-ray)
AU$6.50

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 1 (Blu-ray)
AU$37.19

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 01-16-2021, 08:49 AM   #61
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

Haven't gotten there yet. No spoilers!
Old 01-20-2021, 09:42 PM   #62
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

Beginning of disc 3... A cowboy story about a "she-cougar". Doug McClure, Marietta Hartley and Jackie Cooper. Again, I recognized most of the shooting locations, mainly Vasquez Rocks and Placerita Canyon at the Disney Golden Oak Ranch. It had great stuff with the trained cats and pretty girls. The story wasn't much. Kind of an "eh" episode.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:33 PM   #63
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

The next one is a vampire story with Barney Miller and Hawkeye from Mash. It also has one of my favorite character actors, Arthur O'Connell. Not a great episode really. The casting didn't work. Or perhaps I just can't see Barney Miller in that kind of role.
Old 01-22-2021, 06:17 AM   #64
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

Watched the next one... Geraldine Page (who was good) and Rip Torn (who was terrible). It had nice sets and some good ghostly ideas, but it made very little sense. I got completely lost at the end in the last scene. It was fun anyway for the great spooky house.
Thanks given by:
tucker_cleveland (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 07:20 AM   #65

Jun 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshot View Post
Watched the next one... Geraldine Page (who was good) and Rip Torn (who was terrible). It had nice sets and some good ghostly ideas, but it made very little sense. I got completely lost at the end in the last scene. It was fun anyway for the great spooky house.
It was such a chore to sit through and yes, Rip Torn was indeed terrible.
Old 01-22-2021, 08:04 PM   #66
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

The girl wasn't very good either. I wasn't fond of the way they kept repeating dialogue in her head either. Did you understand the ending? I was following it up to the end, but that last scene with the sheriff confused me.
Old 07-24-2021, 03:57 PM   #67

Jul 2021
Default Episode 16 is cropped on Blu-ray

I compared episode 16 (“Earth, Air, Fire and Water”) on the Australian Blu-ray set and the U.S. 2012 Sony MOD DVD(R) set, and the Blu-ray widescreen version is a cropped frame of the original 4:3. So there is less picture information on the Blu-Ray (for this episode only), not more. It’s pretty apparent right away when the circle logo in the title credits is flattened on top and bottom from the cropping. An unfortunate flaw in an otherwise great Blu-ray set. I’ll hold onto my original DVDs for the correct aspect ratio and complete appearance of that episode, which credits the story to Harlan Ellison.
Old 11-05-2021, 06:15 PM   #68

Dec 2020

can someone tell me which episodes are on each disc? (not the extras) just the main episodes. Thanks
Old 03-05-2022, 10:17 AM   #69
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014

Just found about about this show by way of Darlene Conley-related posts on instagram, where she looks stunning. It appears it's the episode with Robert Mandan and Carolyn Jones. Too me a bit to figure out what the show was. Just ordered from DeepDiscount as with the HATTER discount code it still comes out a dozen or so bucks cheaper than ViaVision's online shop, and probably will take less time to arrive. Surprised that DD lists the non-final artwork for it.
I can't wait to get it, it appears that it looks fantastic.
Old 03-21-2022, 11:41 AM   #70
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014

Just got this and watched the pilot yesterday. On the box it says that it includes the feature-length pilot. But this runs 49 minutes tops. Did I miss anything? The second episode also runs the same length. Plus there were no end titles whatsoever for the pilot. Such a shame, I was hoping for the complete shows.
Old 04-29-2022, 12:46 AM   #71

Nov 2021

This is one I've debated getting - but that messed up aspect ratio in one episode really makes me hesitate. How good are the DVD release(s) in comparison? (US and Australian versions - same source?)
Old 04-29-2022, 06:27 AM   #72
Special Member

Sep 2011
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by playingphysicist View Post
This is one I've debated getting - but that messed up aspect ratio in one episode really makes me hesitate. How good are the DVD release(s) in comparison? (US and Australian versions - same source?)
Dunno about the DVD releases, but these blu-ray transfers are terrific. Absolutely recommended.
Thanks given by:
UnionJackMix (05-16-2022)
Old 05-16-2022, 10:14 PM   #73
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip63 View Post
Dunno about the DVD releases, but these blu-ray transfers are terrific. Absolutely recommended.
Seconding that.
Old 08-22-2022, 04:30 PM   #74
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2013
South Midlands town of Denton
Lightbulb

Anywhere else in the USA to purchase this on blu-ray?

Diabolik says *out of stock*
Amazon 3rd party seems too high $59.90??

Last edited by hagios; 08-22-2022 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-23-2022, 11:11 PM   #75
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

There are copies on eBay. It's not going to be under $50.
Old 11-11-2022, 10:47 PM   #76
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
Australia

Is it likely Deep Discount will have any more copies in of the Ghost Story/Circle of Fear Blu-ray set? As of the time of writing, can only find the DVD release. Still available directly from Via Vision, as well as on Amazon UK.
Old 01-27-2023, 12:10 AM   #77
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddbox83 View Post
On Amazon UK for £45.99, fulfilled by Amazon. That'll do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickieduvet View Post
Grabbed one from Amazon, 3rd party seller for £46. Bit pricey, was going to get it from Toysandfilms off Ebay but they were asking £53.

It's a great set though and well worth the money.
How was the boxset packaged by the third party seller selling it on Amazon UK? Thought it was worth asking, because of the set having a slipcase.
Old 01-27-2023, 10:52 AM   #78
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2013
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
How was the boxset packaged by the third party seller selling it on Amazon UK? Thought it was worth asking, because of the set having a slipcase.
I can't remember that now. Though checking back mine was also Two Laughing Dogs.

Since Amazon handle the fulfilment from this seller, it should come packaged like an Amazon parcel would.
Old 01-27-2023, 09:39 PM   #79
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddbox83 View Post
I can't remember that now. Though checking back mine was also Two Laughing Dogs.

Since Amazon handle the fulfilment from this seller, it should come packaged like an Amazon parcel would.
Yes, I was quoting a post from something like eighteen months to two years ago, but after going through the old posts, I picked yours and DickieDuvet's posts to reply to with my question about the choice of packaging used as they were close to the subject of my question.

When I double-check the wording and see that a title is being shipped by Amazon and not the Marketplace seller as well, I get a feeling of dread (there is a title I want to get on Amazon.com (from a Marketplace seller), but it's being shipped by Amazon). The Ghost Story set will probably be packed in one of those cardboard mailers.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia