Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The King of Braves GaoGaiGar: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$67.81

Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon - Season 2, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Inu-Oh (Blu-ray)
$18.37
1 day ago
The Demon Girl Next Door 2: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.29
11 hrs ago
Blue Thermal (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
Redo of Healer: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$36.68

Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$39.50

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord Omega: Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$50.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 11-04-2022, 12:26 PM   #321
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2007
California

I didnít know about this before going to Carlís Jr.,(or Hardeeís in other areas) to order my Large Combo but they have a One Piece Film Red Large Cup to promote the movie being here in the U.S. which I thought was pretty cool.

Old 11-04-2022, 12:28 PM   #322
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
I didnít know about this before going to Carlís Jr.,(or Hardeeís in other areas) to order my Large Combo but they have a One Piece Film Red Large Cup to promote the movie being here in the U.S. which I thought was pretty cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Piece US
Stay hydrated while showing off your pirate spirit! 🥤🏴*☠️

Get a #OnePiece #FilmRed cup with any large combo at @Hardees & @CarlsJr 🙌
https://twitter.com/OnePieceAnimeUS/...41682015342593
Old 11-04-2022, 12:48 PM   #323
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2007
California

Never created a Twitter account or a Facebook account because I stay away from those things. So for me my way of knowing anything is by experiencing it for myself or if a regular website or a commercial for it comes on.
Old 11-04-2022, 05:12 PM   #324
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Crunchyroll’s ‘One Piece Film Red’ Sees Green Thursday Night With $1.6M+ Previews, Eyes $14M+ Opening

"As theatrical tries to find its footing from the pandemic, thank God for Crunchyroll anime films to fill the wide-release gaps on the calendar and spur popcorn sales for movie theaters. The Sony-owned label’s One Piece Film Red, based on the best-selling manga title and in partnership Toei Animation, made an estimated $1.6M-$1.8M Thursday off showtimes that began at 5 p.m. The movie also was booked at Imax and PLF theaters. Industry projections see the movie potentially upsetting the third weekend of New Line/DC’s Black Adam with a $14M-$16M opening at 2,415 theaters.

Those previews are slightly lower than recent Crunchyroll films, i.e. Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero did $4M before posting a 3-day of $21.1M in August, while Jujutsu Kaisen 0 posted a $2.88M preview back in March for a $18M weekend that finished No. 2 behind Warner Bros.’ third session of The Batman ($36.7M)

The latest installment of this global franchise is already the highest-grossing yet, having taken in more than $132M at the box office, with Japan accounting for $120M of that figure."

https://deadline.com/2022/11/box-off...on-1235163473/
Old 11-04-2022, 09:42 PM   #325
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

It's going to have a massive fall next week though because...

1. It's an anime movie. These have been notoriously frontloaded here.
2. Wakanda Forever comes out next week.
Old 11-06-2022, 09:39 PM   #326
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

One Piece had a collapse from Friday to Saturday (44.3%) and opened lower than what Deadline expected. Black Adam held better than expected (fell 32.6%) and stayed in first place with about twice what One Piece did.
Quote:
One Piece Film: Red
Crunchyroll’s new anime title One Piece Film: Red opened in second place with $9.4M. That’s in line with pre-release projections, most of which had it around $9M-$11M.

It’s currently the #9 earning film of all time in its native Japan. As the 15th installment in Japan’s One Piece film series, it’s also the installment to receive by far the widest American theatrical release with 2,415 theaters.

2019’s One Piece: Stampede previously opened as an event release in only 504 theaters, earning a cumulative $1.3M.

Red’s opening is:

-3% below 2019’s Dragon Ball Super: Broly ($9.8M)
+51% above 2021’s My Hero Academia: World Heroes’ Mission ($6.2M)
+60% above February 2020’s pre-pandemic My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising ($5.8M)
https://www.boxofficepro.com/weekend...iece-film-red/

Daily totals here. Reminder, Friday includes Thursday previews, we don't know the "true Friday" (a term often used in box office circles).
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/releas...bo_rl_tab#tabs
Old 11-06-2022, 11:49 PM   #327

Apr 2018

I really didn't like the new movie all that much... But Uta was a unique character.
Old 11-07-2022, 03:36 AM   #328
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

Personally out of the few One Piece movies I've seen (Strong World, Film Gold, Stampede), this was easily my favorite and the first time I felt some of the hype was justified. It exceeded my expectations after they had gone down a bit when I first saw the final poster art which made me go "Oh no, not Strong World again."
Old 11-10-2022, 05:41 AM   #329
Power Member

Feb 2020
Somewhere in Canada

Can non-One Piece fans watch the new movie and still enjoy it or should you have some knowledge going in?
Old 11-10-2022, 06:13 AM   #330
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

The new movie is quite accessible to newcomers, but it'll be more impactful if you're at least familiar with the first few episodes regarding Luffy's relationship with Shanks and the meaning of the straw hat he wears.
Old 11-21-2022, 04:53 PM   #331
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2007
California

Watched it yesterday and the movie was amazing.

Thanks given by:
Kid Boruto (11-23-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 09:05 PM   #332
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

Surprised you could still watch it in theaters. Can't find theater count info (thanks Jeff for ruining BOM) nor box office data after November 13th, but I imagine it had an enormous drop in theaters with all the movies that came out this week, and the fact it ended up having the 6th largest second weekend drop of all-time with 84.4%.
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/...?ref_=bo_rl_rr

I'll also leave this here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus
The poor legs are endemic to what these movies are: franchise films with niche appeal. No one who isn't already a One Piece fan is going to turn out for the 15th movie. They rush out to watch opening weekend, but with no crossover appeal, it craters shortly after. The same can be said for pretty much all theatrical continuations of TV shows, though I guess things like Downton Abbey have a wider audience. It'll be interesting to see how more casual-friendly anime features will do with a bigger push.

I have to wonder if the powers that be are happy with how Film Red has done in the United States. Obviously, this represents huge growth for the franchise. Under normal circumstances, that would be a giant success, but this had the largest promotional push I've seen for an anime film that wasn't put out by Disney, Fox, or Warner. TV commercials, a fast food promo, various in-person stunts across NYC (One Piece reportedly had some of the largest presence at NYCC), that college football half-time show, etc. All for a movie that's looking like it might not outgross the second MHA film in the U.S., despite that being released in about half as many theatres with a far, far smaller push.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs...386233#5386233

Yeah, despite all that marketing, may not outgross the second My Hero Academia movie.
Old 11-21-2022, 10:53 PM   #333
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2017

I would've seen it, but someone informed me it has major spoilers for current stuff in the series so I didn't go
Old 11-22-2022, 12:47 AM   #334
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

One Piece really isn't that big in the US. It doesn't surprise me that Film Red might not have lived up to expectations. It has never been on Dragon Ball or Naruto's level. I even meet more Bleach fans than I do One Piece fans.
Old 11-22-2022, 01:12 AM   #335
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOnAnime View Post
Surprised you could still watch it in theaters. Can't find theater count info (thanks Jeff for ruining BOM) nor box office data after November 13th, but I imagine it had an enormous drop in theaters with all the movies that came out this week, and the fact it ended up having the 6th largest second weekend drop of all-time with 84.4%.
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/...?ref_=bo_rl_rr

I'll also leave this here...https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs...386233#5386233

Yeah, despite all that marketing, may not outgross the second My Hero Academia movie.
Tomorrow is the final day according to Fandango when searching for theater times in my area.
Old 11-29-2022, 03:18 PM   #336

Apr 2018

A new batch of eos for streaming just got released.
Thanks given by:
Kid Boruto (12-25-2022)
Old 12-25-2022, 11:15 AM   #337

Apr 2018

They released more of the wano dub on digital store fronts!
Thanks given by:
Kid Boruto (12-25-2022)
Old 12-26-2022, 07:31 AM   #338
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2012
Funkytown

So here I am, the Christmas lasagna is nice and fresh, the consumables are just starting to hit, and I'm on Acme Streaming Service looking for something new when my eyes land on One Piece. Now I've been an anime fan since the early eighties, so I certainly know the name, that the show has been around forever. It's like Gundam or Macross - names that you know even if you've never seen a frame of the show.

Which is pretty much where I am. Beyond the fact that the show actually exists, I couldn't tell you anything about it. So I'm all "Eh, what the hell! Lets put it on!"

Eh, that was fun. The first episode was maximum cringe with all the annoying shouty characters, but once I calibrated my expectations for what the show was, it started to grow on me. By the end of the third, I started smiling at the goofy charm of the series. I got as far as the end of the first major story arc, episode 8, I think it was. And I think that's enough for me. I enjoyed the show, but I don't think it and I are a good match - and I really don't think I'm willing to put in 900+ episodes of my life.

But for an evening? Yeah, that was pretty fun. I do not regret wasting my Christmas watching.
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (12-26-2022)
Old 12-26-2022, 04:08 PM   #339

Jun 2012
Default season 1

will they ever start out on season 1 on blu ray?
Old 12-27-2022, 05:26 AM   #340

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Fez View Post
But for an evening? Yeah, that was pretty fun. I do not regret wasting my Christmas watching.
While the goofy charm runs through the series it also does get more serious and darker the further you get into it. If anything stick with it until you finish the East Blue arc (roughly 60 episodes in). The East Blue arc that starts the series is really multiple arcs combined into one. Best moments to me is the later parts of Baratie and Arlong Park which are tense and exciting.

It's worth sticking with. I'm just getting to the late 800s in the series myself and enjoyed the vast majority of the series.
Thanks given by:
El_Fez (12-27-2022)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime