Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$36.98

Highlander 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$23.98

The Karate Kid Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$51.98

Love Live! Superstar!! - The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
AU$47.98

Poltergeist 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$21.58

The Man Who Fell to Earth (Blu-ray)
AU$5.20

My Fair Lady (Blu-ray)
AU$5.20

Don't Worry Darling 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$32.95

Forrest Gump (Blu-ray)
AU$5.20

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (Blu-ray)
AU$6.50

Cast Away (Blu-ray)
AU$5.20

Retro Sci-Fi Double Feature Volume 5 (Blu-ray)
AU$21.58

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 09-17-2022, 10:18 PM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
Australia Jesse Stone: The Complete Film Collection

Could swear there was an existing discussion thread in the Australia sub-forum for Via Vision's Blu-ray releases of the Jesse Stone TV films. Glad to see the boutique label will have released all of them on Australian Blu-ray, with the releases in the second half of October of Film Collection Two and The Complete Film Collection (release date of Wednesday 19th October, 2022, subject to change).

There are listings in the Blu-ray.com database for the Australian Blu-ray releases, but below is the Via Vision website listing for The Complete Film Collection:

https://viavision.com.au/shop/jesse-...ction-blu-ray/

The only review I've read was on DVD Beaver a while back (a Blu-ray collection of three Jesse Stone TV films?).

Last edited by OceanBlue; 09-17-2022 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Added extra information to post.
Thanks given by:
hagios (09-17-2022), revgen (09-17-2022), Walrus Gumboot (09-18-2022)
Old 09-18-2022, 02:40 AM   #2

Mar 2017
Sydney, Australia

This is great news! Releasing volume 2 and a complete collection! Way to go Via Vision!!! I'm definitely in for volume 2 and the complete collection as I love these TV films.

Considering it's been 3 and a half years since the release of volume 1, I'd given up hope of seeing the rest of them released. Though I did notice volume 1 has never gone out of print and it's region free, so maybe international sales have given it a sales boost? Regardless, this is awesome news.
Now if only they could release on Blu ray, Robert B. Parker's other detective series "Spenser: For Hire". I'd die happy! But Warner Bros. ain't gonna let that happen!
Thanks given by:
DaylightsEnd (09-18-2022), OceanBlue (09-19-2022)
Old 09-18-2022, 06:46 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Central Florida
Default The Jesse Stone Collection

I created my own "The Jesse Stone: 9-Movie Collection" on Blu-ray earlier this year. I rented the streams (1080p/23.976 | 640 kbps DD+ 5.1) for the first 6 films downloading each via my AmazonPrime account and AnyStream authoring to Blu-ray. I then purchased a copy of Jesse Stone: Triple Film Collection Volume One to complete the set.

As seen from My Movies for Windows Media Center...

And here's some additional eye candy. Included below are links to my online profile for each title.

The Jesse Stone 9-Movie Collection

Jesse Stone: Stone Cold (2005)

Jesse Stone: Night Passage (2006)

Jesse Stone: Death in Paradise (2006)

Jesse Stone: Sea Change (2007)

Jesse Stone: Thin Ice (2009)

Jesse Stone: No Remorse (2010)

Jesse Stone: Innocents Lost (2011)

Jesse Stone: Benefit of the Doubt (2012)

Jesse Stone: Lost in Paradise (2015)

I just finished watching all the films last month. I had my parents over for 9 straight weeks to watch them, one every Monday night. We really enjoyed them. That being said, I'm all in for the upcoming release. Looking forward to owning a legit copy of the first 6 films on Blu-ray as well.

Last edited by AmishParadise; 09-18-2022 at 06:50 PM.
Thanks given by:
DaylightsEnd (09-18-2022), Walrus Gumboot (09-19-2022)
Old 09-18-2022, 10:41 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

May 2019

I also can't wait for this release. Love the series. I had nearly given up on seeing the rest of them on blu ray, as well. Truly excellent news.
Thanks given by:
AmishParadise (09-18-2022), Walrus Gumboot (09-19-2022)
Old 09-21-2022, 09:55 PM   #5

Oct 2009
Central NY state, USA
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaylightsEnd View Post
I also can't wait for this release. Love the series. I had nearly given up on seeing the rest of them on blu ray, as well. Truly excellent news.
Quick question: are these region locked?
Old 09-21-2022, 10:15 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

May 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingerlakes Dave View Post
Quick question: are these region locked?
Not sure about any upcoming releases.

The initial 2019 via vision release I bought was a bit weird. It was called the Jesse Stone Triple Film Collection, "Volume One", and yet, I believe it contained the LAST three films in the entire series -Innocents Lost, Benefit of the Doubt, and Lost in Paradise. If you're referring to that, those discs from that Volume 1 via vision set are in fact region free, to my recollection.

I have no idea why they would've released the last three films, and called it Volume One. I was just thrilled to get ANY Jesse Stone content on blu ray at the time.

Last edited by DaylightsEnd; 09-22-2022 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-22-2022, 12:16 AM   #7
Banned

Aug 2020

The complete collection is listed at Importcd for about $78 usd. Watch most/all of these (all that Netflix had) years ago when Netflix had them and was very pleasantly surprised how much I liked them. Atmospheric with good plot and acting. Absolutely getting this.
Thanks given by:
DaylightsEnd (09-22-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 01:34 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Central Florida

I just knew the complete collection was coming to Blu-ray. I could feel it in my bones.
Old 10-23-2022, 05:40 PM   #9

Feb 2015

Will this be region locked to Aus ?
Old 10-25-2022, 02:05 AM   #10
Banned

Jan 2011
NY, TX, CA, IL, HI, NC, PA, WV, MO
Send a message via Skype™ to Gold Ranger

1: region locked?
2: import fees?
3: any word/rumors of a US release
4: Disk count?
Old 11-24-2022, 12:01 AM   #11
Banned

Aug 2020

Watching this now (Night Passage). Surprised to see it has 5.1 DTS-HD but honestly prefer the Dolby Digital Stereo even though it's lossy. It's more expensive with the background music and this is a moody movie so it helps. Picture encoding is ok-ish but could be better.
Old 11-24-2022, 02:06 AM   #12
Banned

Aug 2020

Now watching Stone Cold. Picture encoding improves here vs Night Passage. Audio is LPCM. BTW is has been suggested that reversing the order of the first 2 movies makes better chronological sense and I agree just my opinion.

Last edited by Mahogany; 11-24-2022 at 02:55 AM.
Old 11-27-2022, 04:11 AM   #13

Mar 2017
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahogany View Post
Now watching Stone Cold. Picture encoding improves here vs Night Passage. Audio is LPCM. BTW is has been suggested that reversing the order of the first 2 movies makes better chronological sense and I agree just my opinion.
I swapped the first two movies around as soon as I opened the set... I definitely cannot watch the first movie first!

The first 6 movies are all in one case called film collection two. The last three movies are in another case called film collection one, and is the same set that was released back in 2019... They didn't bother redoing artwork, which is why they left it as film collection one!

You just know someone is going to crack this open, go to film collection one and watch "Innocents Lost" first... They will eventually work out what's going on!

There are no extras or special features... But I can confirm this set is region free and will play in all regions... All 9 discs were tested!
Jessie Stone Complete.jpg
jese stone 2.jpg
Thanks given by:
AmishParadise (11-27-2022), Gold Ranger (11-27-2022), natori (11-27-2022)
Old 11-29-2022, 05:06 PM   #14
Banned

Aug 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus Gumboot View Post
I swapped the first two movies around as soon as I opened the set... I definitely cannot watch the first movie first!

The first 6 movies are all in one case called film collection two. The last three movies are in another case called film collection one, and is the same set that was released back in 2019... They didn't bother redoing artwork, which is why they left it as film collection one!

You just know someone is going to crack this open, go to film collection one and watch "Innocents Lost" first... They will eventually work out what's going on!

There are no extras or special features... But I can confirm this set is region free and will play in all regions... All 9 discs were tested!
Attachment 283966
Attachment 283967
I very fond of you, Walrus Gumboot.
Thanks given by:
Walrus Gumboot (11-30-2022)
Old 12-04-2022, 07:29 AM   #15

Mar 2017
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahogany View Post
I very fond of you, Walrus Gumboot.
"Mahogany, whenever you say that to me, bad things happen!"

I just finished watching "No Remorse". Such a great film, as are the 5 other films before it!

Having now watched the six films in collection 2, there is some bad news!

The film "Thin Ice" is dialog censored!
There are 3 or 4 instances where the sound briefly drops out when an expletive is said... So very disappointing as it takes away from the immediacy of the scene when this nonsense happens.

Thankfully, none of the other films have this issue... But it is disappointing. I've half a mind to write a stern letter to Via Vision!!!
Old 12-07-2022, 12:48 AM   #16
Banned

Aug 2020

Yes about the deleted 4 letter words. Almost funny in a way. Interesting you mention No Remorse because am still waiting for a replacement as my disc was damaged and unplayable. Anxious to watch it as it appears to have some big pivots and plot explanations. Really like how Jesse's dogs are granted such importance though out, in fact the opening of Lost in Paradise was a real gut punch as was Night Passage. But I'm a dog owner and partial.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia