Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99
12 hrs ago
House of Psychotic Women Rarities Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.56
16 hrs ago
The Wizard of Oz 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
1 day ago
The Fly Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
12 hrs ago
Bones and All (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 day ago
The Poison Ivy Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99

The Conjuring Universe 7-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
12 hrs ago
48 Hrs. / Another 48 Hrs. 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Triangle of Sadness 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.54

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$83.50

12 Angry Men 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 11-25-2022, 11:23 PM   #4241
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011
Southern NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazeRunner View Post
My theatre didnít get any of the new movies Tuesday night. I was mad as hell. Probably because they didnít want new movies opening on $5 Tuesday? But they opened last night.
Those pre shows are still optional in most cases. Sometimes it is just not possible to cancel something or move around if you had an X amount tickets pre sold for the other shows.
Old 11-25-2022, 11:51 PM   #4242
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2019
in a house, surrounded by cats and dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmbuffTX View Post
Oh, they revived it?
Yes, and it's like they never left. Less hair, more wrinkles, and extremely funny.
Old 11-27-2022, 04:29 AM   #4243
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMN View Post
Those pre shows are still optional in most cases. Sometimes it is just not possible to cancel something or move around if you had an X amount tickets pre sold for the other shows.
My theatre didn't get last year's Thanksgiving releases on Tuesday either. I ended up taking a road trip just to see Resident Evil: Welcome To Raccoon City lmao.

The last Tuesday new release I remember them getting was Spider-Man: Far From Home. Since it was $5 I went three times that day. Summer 2019 was the last good summer.
Old 11-27-2022, 04:34 AM   #4244
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2016

Here's me complaining about screen sizes again.

[Show spoiler]

I brightened up the pics so y'all could see them better. But that's one of my least fave screens at my theatre. Haaaate it. The screen would be good if it were closer but it's so far away. So if you sit in the stadium rows like a normal person the screen is very small in person. Those super up close seats aren't stadium but also too low from the screen.

Those god damn seats are uncomfortable for tall people too.

Can't believe my theatre put a new release movie on this screen.

This is also the older hallway of the theatre with low ceilings and no laser projectors so the screen isn't as bright as it should be.

***** the screen above was also ~remodeled about 10 years ago too. It didn't used to be stadium seating or have the pretty purple colors lol. It's time for another remodel, I say.

also stay tuned in the next day or two because I finally snapped pics of the two smallest screens at my theatre and they are hilarious.
Old 11-28-2022, 08:05 AM   #4245
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2021

Quote:

[Show spoiler]

I brightened up the pics so y'all could see them better. But that's one of my least fave screens at my theatre. Haaaate it. The screen would be good if it were closer but it's so far away. So if you sit in the stadium rows like a normal person the screen is very small in person. Those super up close seats aren't stadium but also too low from the screen.

This is also the older hallway of the theatre with low ceilings and no laser projectors so the screen isn't as bright as it should be.

***** the screen above was also ~remodeled about 10 years ago too. It didn't used to be stadium seating or have the pretty purple colors lol. It's time for another remodel, I say.

also stay tuned in the next day or two because I finally snapped pics of the two smallest screens at my theatre and they are hilarious.
That screen is tiny. IMHO a screen should be wall to wall and fill the field of vision. TBF even Cinemark XD screens can look too small by this metric depending on where I sit.

Those jump seats are crap, no nicer way to put it. Tall people hate them, short people hate them, and really everyone hates them because they're not wide enough for any adult so you and the people sitting next to you spend the film trying to figure out how to stack your shoulders together, and how to put your elbow in a place that isn't your neighbor's ribcage. Plus the eternal etiquette question of the armrest.

Jump seats are only enjoyable by little kids who a) actually fit in them & b) are still light enough that they can have fun with the spring-loaded flipping action.
Old 11-28-2022, 02:04 PM   #4246
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Southern California

Quote:
Can't believe my theatre put a new release movie on this screen. .
I typically go to an 18 screen Regal. They have been putting some of the new releases on their small screens. With bigger budget films also in release I can understand their thinking but do we really need six big screen showing of Black Panther so The Menu and Bones and All have to play on small screens?
Thanks given by:
MazeRunner (11-28-2022)
Old 11-28-2022, 05:33 PM   #4247
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2008
-

Tyler Perry Sets 4-Movie Deal at Amazon
Perry will write, direct, and produce the features.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...0f0740c6f56c40
Old 11-29-2022, 06:03 AM   #4248
Special Member

Sep 2012
The Frozen North

Went to my first Alamo Drafthouse today in Woodbury, MN to see Glass Onion. It was nice to see a movie and not have to worry about idiots texting and talking over the movie.
Thanks given by:
Jay H. (11-29-2022)
Old 11-30-2022, 05:09 PM   #4249
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2008
-

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...0f0740c6f56c40

Mark Burnettís Disruptive Reign at MGM Ends
While the writing had been on the wall since the ecommerce giant's $8.5 billion buy, the prolific producerís exit comes amid major reshuffling of the company's executive deck.
Old 11-30-2022, 05:39 PM   #4250
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2020

Quote:
[Show spoiler]

That looks almost exactly like a rinky dink theater near where my ex lived in NY. That really stinks.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:15 PM   #4251
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolverOcelScott View Post
That looks almost exactly like a rinky dink theater near where my ex lived in NY. That really stinks.
Yes. But fortunately I only have to sit in that theatre 1-2x a year. Usually movies that have been playing for awhile will play in that one.
Thanks given by:
RevolverOcelScott (11-30-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 03:29 PM   #4252
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2013
TN

Completely dead tonight in Memphis. Considering going to see Violent Night, and since I have to drive an hour to get there, I usually try to catch two while I'm out. Looking to see what tix are available at my "home" theater (the Collierville Malco) and near as I can tell... they've sold two tickets tonight.

For the entire complex.

The MXT (70 foot jumbo screen) still has Wakanda Forever playing, and there's two tickets sold for the early show, out of about 270. Every other movie I'm considering -- Violent Night, The Menu, Devotion, The Fablemans, Strange World, everything -- currently has ZERO tickets sold. For both evening shows.

I've seen lean times at the theater, and I've had my fair share of "private screenings", but I can't recall ever seeing this kind of wholesale audience rejection of an entire slate of films before.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:30 PM   #4253
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman slim View Post
Completely dead tonight in Memphis. Considering going to see Violent Night, and since I have to drive an hour to get there, I usually try to catch two while I'm out. Looking to see what tix are available at my "home" theater (the Collierville Malco) and near as I can tell... they've sold two tickets tonight.

For the entire complex.

The MXT (70 foot jumbo screen) still has Wakanda Forever playing, and there's two tickets sold for the early show, out of about 270. Every other movie I'm considering -- Violent Night, The Menu, Devotion, The Fablemans, Strange World, everything -- currently has ZERO tickets sold. For both evening shows.

I've seen lean times at the theater, and I've had my fair share of "private screenings", but I can't recall ever seeing this kind of wholesale audience rejection of an entire slate of films before.
It's cold outside.
Old 12-02-2022, 04:11 AM   #4254
Blu-ray Jedi

Aug 2011
At The Theater

Also doesn't help when studios throw all their damn movies online 2 weeks later. People have caught on to this. Thwy are not stupid. they figure why go out opening weekend. When you can wait 2-3 weeks later and watch at home. Possibly for "free"

At this point I will be surprised if theaters make it past summer 2023. Throwing every movie online. At this point studios think streaming will be their savior. But it will be the8r downfall. We've seen already all these companies with mass firings cause loss of profits.

In the long run i hope those quick bucks were worth ruining the entire industry over.
Thanks given by:
Boccaccio (12-02-2022), Monterey Jack (12-02-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 04:57 AM   #4255
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Lawrence Fan View Post
Also doesn't help when studios throw all their damn movies online 2 weeks later. People have caught on to this. Thwy are not stupid. they figure why go out opening weekend. When you can wait 2-3 weeks later and watch at home. Possibly for "free"

At this point I will be surprised if theaters make it past summer 2023. Throwing every movie online. At this point studios think streaming will be their savior. But it will be the8r downfall. We've seen already all these companies with mass firings cause loss of profits.

In the long run i hope those quick bucks were worth ruining the entire industry over.
Honestly, Universal should get the most blame. Throwing movies on Peacock, their movies opening below $50M get sent to digital 2 weeks later, and their biggest movies are 1 month later.

WB, Disney, Paramount, and Sony at least wait 45 days for *most of their movies. Lionsgate waited at least 30 days for Fall too, and Prey For The Devil has reached 30 days and still not on digital.

The studios quick digital turnaround has changed my habits as well. I used to love supporting indie movies in theatres if my theatre got them. I used to love taking chances on smaller movies. I used to go to 100+ movies in theatres but now I know I can wait 2 weeks for smaller movies and 3 weeks for bigger ones.

They need to go back to the 2 month wait for digital at least. They possibly can't be making money on digital releases.

Does anyone know anyone who pays $20-$30 for digital movies? I sure as hell don't know anyone. I share my Vudu account with my closest family members.
Old 12-02-2022, 06:20 AM   #4256
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM

Quote:
Honestly, Universal should get the most blame. Throwing movies on Peacock, their movies opening below $50M get sent to digital 2 weeks later, and their biggest movies are 1 month later.
Peacock is in last place in the streaming wars. They have to do something to try to grow it.

Quote:
They need to go back to the 2 month wait for digital at least. They possibly can't be making money on digital releases.
Actually . . . digital is more profitable than disc sales. Lower sales volume - much bigger profits per tranaction
Thanks given by:
Jay H. (12-02-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 06:35 AM   #4257
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post

Actually . . . digital is more profitable than disc sales. Lower sales volume - much bigger profits per tranaction
It depends on how the accounting is done for digital. If you bought a digital copy for $5 and you live another 55 years then they are supposed to maintain a server of that for your life time on 9 cents a year for that digital copy. Life time commitments are hard to put a number to but they also aren't cheap because of just how long a lifetime is.
Old 12-02-2022, 06:40 AM   #4258
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM

Box Office Prospects and Streaming Bundle Predictions: A Chat With a Hollywood Biz Consultant

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...ns-1235270414/
Old 12-02-2022, 06:44 AM   #4259
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
It depends on how the accounting is done for digital. If you bought a digital copy for $5 and you live another 55 years then they are supposed to maintain a server of that for your life time on 9 cents a year for that digital copy. Life time commitments are hard to put a number to but they also aren't cheap because of just how long a lifetime is.

First line item = disc sales

Second line item = electronic sell thru (digital sales)
Old 12-02-2022, 07:03 AM   #4260
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2015

Quote:

WB, Disney, Paramount, and Sony at least wait 45 days for *most of their movies. Lionsgate waited at least 30 days for Fall too, and Prey For The Devil has reached 30 days and still not on digital.

The studios quick digital turnaround has changed my habits as well. I used to love supporting indie movies in theatres if my theatre got them. I used to love taking chances on smaller movies. I used to go to 100+ movies in theatres but now I know I can wait 2 weeks for smaller movies and 3 weeks for bigger ones.

Does anyone know anyone who pays $20-$30 for digital movies? I sure as hell don't know anyone. I share my Vudu account with my closest family members.
I think most of the blame goes to covid. I haven't been to the theaters in around 2 years and once you get out of the habit of going to theaters you don't even think of going to theaters. It also doesn't help that theaters cranked up ticket prices to 16 dollars for a standard ticket. At those prices you are only going to get the die hard fans or you will need a movie that is the talk of the town.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
movie news