Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Three Colors 4K (Blu-ray)
$87.49
13 hrs ago
Plane 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.07
21 hrs ago
Westworld: Season Four 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.49
4 hrs ago
Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.99

The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 (1983-1993) (Blu-ray)
$80.99

Spoiler Alert (Blu-ray)
$22.96
15 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Shazam! 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
1 day ago
Three Thousand Years of Longing (Blu-ray)
$16.09
12 hrs ago
Nobody (Blu-ray)
$6.99
1 day ago
Heart of Dragon (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Halloween Ends (Blu-ray)
$17.96
6 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (after you have seen it)
One Star 1 2.22%
Two Stars 2 4.44%
Three Stars 19 42.22%
Four Stars 18 40.00%
Five Stars 5 11.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2022, 08:20 PM   #181
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
San Diego

i don't think we should dissuade people from trying, tho
Old 11-06-2022, 09:24 PM   #182
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2011
Hunter's Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poya View Post
Old 11-06-2022, 10:39 PM   #183

Feb 2019

I like the movie. I figured out the twist maybe 5 mins before it happened but overall, I thought it was interesting for what it was.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:29 PM   #184
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2012
NJ

I was gonna bite on the Blu-ray when it hit $12.99 but then I watched the film on a flight recently and, nah, I won't be needing this. There should be a new genre created for films like this: Stupid Things People Do When They're Bored. Add movies like 47 Meters Down and anything about people climbing mountains and falling off to the list. Seriously, who does shit like this? And then resources have to be allocated to rescuing bobbleheads who do stuff like this. I know, I know - it's only a movie but there are people out there who do this stuff in real life.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:00 AM   #185
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema84 View Post
I was gonna bite on the Blu-ray when it hit $12.99 but then I watched the film on a flight recently and, nah, I won't be needing this. There should be a new genre created for films like this: Stupid Things People Do When They're Bored. Add movies like 47 Meters Down and anything about people climbing mountains and falling off to the list. Seriously, who does shit like this? And then resources have to be allocated to rescuing bobbleheads who do stuff like this. I know, I know - it's only a movie but there are people out there who do this stuff in real life.
hey if we can't have healthcare in this country at least we can get rescued from doing dumb $#!% for free
Thanks given by:
Cinema84 (11-29-2022), russweiss1 (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 03:15 AM   #186

Dec 2013
Default Stupid People But Still

This movie got me. Till the twist came, I thought of all the ways I'd fall off, and what an awful death that would be. While I knew they weren't going to accidentally fall off, it was still nerve wracking. I had sweaty palms for over an hour.

This needs to be seen on a large screen to appreciate the height and danger.

I thought this was shot on green screen in a studio. It was shot in the desert 100' up.

It wasn't close to the edge. But, they said there's a huge drop from the nearby cliff. They were definitely on a cliff.

All the garbage I've seen lately Infinite Storm, Nope, Where the Crawdads Sing, Watcher, Lightyear, Abandoned, Suspira this was a welcome change.
Thanks given by:
emailking (12-02-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 11:28 AM   #187
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanlutz View Post
This movie got me. Till the twist came, I thought of all the ways I'd fall off, and what an awful death that would be. While I knew they weren't going to accidentally fall off, it was still nerve wracking. I had sweaty palms for over an hour.

This needs to be seen on a large screen to appreciate the height and danger.

I thought this was shot on green screen in a studio. It was shot in the desert 100' up.

It wasn't close to the edge. But, they said there's a huge drop from the nearby cliff. They were definitely on a cliff.

All the garbage I've seen lately Infinite Storm, Nope, Where the Crawdads Sing, Watcher, Lightyear, Abandoned, Suspira this was a welcome change.
I wouldn’t describe Nope and Watcher as garbage, far from it.

Last edited by Steedeel; 12-01-2022 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-01-2022, 01:43 PM   #188
Power Member

Dec 2008
Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
I would T describe Nope and Watcher as garbage, far from it.
Same. Nor Suspiria (either version) for that matter.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 01:52 PM   #189
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Southern California

Quote:
I didn't care for Fall and know I'm in the minority. With that said I saw four of the films from your list and enjoyed all of them more than Fall. All were seen theatrically.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 04:43 PM   #190
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by russweiss1 View Post
I didn't care for Fall and know I'm in the minority. With that said I saw four of the films from your list and enjoyed all of them more than Fall. All were seen theatrically.
I'm with you...the only thing it was good for was the air conditioning.

Nope and Where The Crawdads Sing were both excellent films with the bonus of air conditioning.
Old 12-02-2022, 02:29 AM   #191

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
I wouldn’t describe Nope and Watcher as garbage, far from it.
People like what they like. You can never argue taste. I found them both boring and predictable as sin.

The only good thing in Nope, was how he used the word, and the special effect of the ship traveling through the clouds. Everything else about it was dull. I might have fallen asleep over the hour mark. The ship's mouth that ate the people was horrifically awful. I'd swear they were sheets with people standing behind shaking them. Terrible filmmaking. Ed Wood did better.
Old 12-02-2022, 02:31 AM   #192

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50strat54 View Post
I'm with you...the only thing it was good for was the air conditioning.

Nope and Where The Crawdads Sing were both excellent films with the bonus of air conditioning.
As I wrote to someone else, people like what they like. You can't argue taste.

But, calling Nope and Crawdads excellent, I question your taste. If that's excellent filmmaking, Capra, Spielberg, Hitchcock are GODS.
Old 12-02-2022, 02:35 AM   #193

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYJAPE21 View Post
Same. Nor Suspiria (either version) for that matter.
Hated the first, and just tuned out of the second. The only Argento film I ever really like was Phantom. I don't remember the full name. The artwork has the girl with pins taped below her eyes.

He ran a 16mm version at a convention in Albany. I was a few seats away from him, and he stunk from high heaven. If I remember correctly, the film broke a few times. I still like that film.

Suspiria was billed as the most frightening film of it's time. If by frightening they mean bore you to tears. Then it did it's job. Not even one fright in that one.
Old 12-02-2022, 02:44 AM   #194

Dec 2013

Quote:
If heights don't bother you, then I can see why you didn't enjoy it. I had no problem when they were climbing inside the tower (I did that on a smoke stack when a power plant was being built. As long I didn't look down, I was fine. I was on top, with a bunch of people, and it moves. You feel it rocking back and forth. I didn't stay up there long). Once they were on the outside, it wasn't the story, or characters, it was the thought of falling, and the shots that showed the height. In that respect it's highly entertaining for people with fear of heights. Mountain movies do this also. But, they were on a platform, where a movement could have had them fall. That's what truly got me.

Also, they didn't do much. If this was a stupid people film they'd have tried a few different unrealistic moronic ways to get down and fail. They were morons for going up in the first place. But, I question the mentality of people who climb without ropes or sometimes even with ropes. But, people like what they like, in real life and art. That's what makes us individuals.
Old 12-02-2022, 10:19 AM   #195
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:

But, calling Nope and Crawdads excellent, I question your taste. If that's excellent filmmaking, Capra, Spielberg, Hitchcock are GODS.
It’s not so much that as using hyperbole words like ‘garbage’.
Old 12-02-2022, 04:28 PM   #196
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Southern California

Quote:
If heights don't bother you, then I can see why you didn't enjoy it. I had no problem when they were climbing inside the tower (I did that on a smoke stack when a power plant was being built. As long I didn't look down, I was fine. I was on top, with a bunch of people, and it moves. You feel it rocking back and forth. I didn't stay up there long). Once they were on the outside, it wasn't the story, or characters, it was the thought of falling, and the shots that showed the height. In that respect it's highly entertaining for people with fear of heights. Mountain movies do this also. But, they were on a platform, where a movement could have had them fall. That's what truly got me.

Also, they didn't do much. If this was a stupid people film they'd have tried a few different unrealistic moronic ways to get down and fail. They were morons for going up in the first place. But, I question the mentality of people who climb without ropes or sometimes even with ropes. But, people like what they like, in real life and art. That's what makes us individuals.
Heights don't bother me but what I really didn't care for were the two lead actresses. They both just got under my skin and I was routing for them to both fall before the film was over.
Old 12-02-2022, 04:55 PM   #197
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2013

Quote:

You're welcome to question my taste.

Capra, Spielberg and Hitchcock are GODS. I'm not sure what you meant by this but I agree.

I also liked Jurassic Park Dominion, excellent film and Terrifier 2 another excellent film. Top Gun Maverick is also excellent best movie of the year in my opinion.

I absolutely loved the Jennifer Garner film Peppermint.

But Fall, in my opinion, not an excellent film.
Old 12-02-2022, 04:56 PM   #198
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2013

Quote:
Heights don't bother me but what I really didn't care for were the two lead actresses. They both just got under my skin and I was routing for them to both fall before the film was over.
Ha Ha me too!
Thanks given by:
russweiss1 (12-02-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 03:06 AM   #199
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2015

The actresses were great! wtf. lol
Old 12-09-2022, 05:25 AM   #200

Feb 2019

I actually quite enjoy this film. Kept me interested the whole time.
Thanks given by:
emailking (12-16-2022)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies