Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Three Colors 4K (Blu-ray)
$87.49
14 hrs ago
Plane 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.07
22 hrs ago
Westworld: Season Four 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.49
5 hrs ago
Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.99

The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 (1983-1993) (Blu-ray)
$80.99

Spoiler Alert (Blu-ray)
$22.96
16 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Shazam! 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
1 day ago
Three Thousand Years of Longing (Blu-ray)
$16.09
13 hrs ago
Heart of Dragon (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Halloween Ends (Blu-ray)
$17.96
7 hrs ago
Nobody (Blu-ray)
$6.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 10-31-2009, 07:31 AM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
Folsom, CA
Default Love - a new film by "Angels and Airwaves"

I just saw the trailer and it looks great. It's a new film by the band Angels and Airwaves, and features their music.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/love/

Last edited by tbizzle; 10-31-2009 at 07:33 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:07 AM   #2
Expert Member

Mar 2008

WOOT!

Saw this too... there's some awesome stuff on their website including trailer and some behind the scenes band stuff.... if you haven't any of their music you can check it out there too ... http://modlife.com/angelsandairwaves... the trailer for this looks pretty awesome... if nothing else it looks like quite a visual feast... something that will look awesome on Blu.

I'm a pretty big fan of thier music... "We don't need to Whisper" is so good in my opinion... just different from a lot of stuff in my library. Pretty wide range of sounds that is pretty pleasing to the ear coming out of the old sound system! Check out "The Adventure" video... good stuff imho.

Last edited by 209Mason; 11-02-2009 at 03:13 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:04 AM   #3
Special Member

Oct 2007
Fox Valley, Wisconsin

Emo crap is worse then grunge.

Bring on 30 Seconds to Mars!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:45 AM   #4
Expert Member

Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtornado View Post

Hm... odd that you would call one 'emo crap' but you like the other since most places I've seen 30 seconds to Mars I've seen A&A closeby in the same category (including link hopping from Amazon, Sounds Like on LastFM, etc.)...but to each their own. I actually enjoy them both and think they're fairly similar.

Regardless... I am interested to see how this film turns out!

Last edited by 209Mason; 11-02-2009 at 05:48 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:24 AM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Illinois
Thumbs up

What happened to the WWII-themed movie they were suppose to do with tracks from their 1st album ('We Don't Need To Whisper')? This looks cool though.

LOL There's no way Angels & Airwaves are emo, but to each his own. Just because a band might have a few chill songs, doesn't mean you're going to want to slit your wrists to 'em. Angels & Airwaves have a more positive-spin to their music, which isn't something you hear too much nowadays.

I originally thought Angels & Airwaves were going to be crap, mainly because Blink 182's other frontman was helming this band as well, but their debut album has grown to be one of my favorites. I love the production on it, especially the amazing job they did recording the drums. I'm not too keen on their 2nd album though.

I think we all can agree that rock music became crap & took a huge downward plunge off an endless cliff around the time that Creed first became huge. Creed and the other bands that got huge by copying the grunge sound a little tooooo much should "sit in penalty box and feel shame" for being such garbage. Rock music's last stand was the "Grunge Era", but hopefully something else will pop-up soon.......bring back the hair bands!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:26 AM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2007
CA

I'm more of a Mark Hoppus fan

Seriously though, not a big fan of AVA or Tom DeLonge and I'm probably bias but that movie does not look good; can't explain it which is why I think it is my bias.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:43 AM   #7

Dec 2007

The trailer showed nothing but a series of sequence with decent cinematography, not surprised considered the direct came from a cinematography background. However, I hope they screw this movie up by simply making it into a series of music videos. Most of the shots have potential to look great on blu though. Music-wise, I'm not too excited. I can already think of better songs/bands for some of those shots.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:52 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Illinois
Japan Godzilla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralfangs View Post
However, I hope they screw this movie up by simply making it into a series of music videos.
Same thing happened to Pink Floyd: The Wall. That movie really booty-banged-up the album, especially the latter-half of the 2nd disc.

Honestly, the acting probably won't be good, but it'll have cool visuals.....but not as cool as Led Zeppelin's: The Song Remains The Same

Last edited by Offender_Mullet; 11-02-2009 at 07:55 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:01 AM   #9

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offender_Mullet View Post
Same thing happened to Pink Floyd: The Wall. That movie really booty-banged-up the album, especially the latter-half of the 2nd disc.

Honestly, the acting probably won't be good, but it'll have cool visuals.....but not as cool as Led Zeppelin's: The Song Remains The Same
Oh no, you did not just compare this potentially-piece-of-crap movie to the Wall. The Wall was a great concept album with a great continuity between the songs and the continuity is evident throughout the movie. The trailer for this movie just shows a series of random shots. Quite random if I may add.... A biker on a desert, a civil war solider in a trench, two lovers in sunset, a skater in front of a fountain.....
I just hope this turns out fine because I do like some of the shots.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:05 AM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Illinois

I think you misunderstood my point. The movie version of The Wall did not do full justice to the album. I love it, but they really chopped-up quite a few parts from what I remember.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:40 AM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
Folsom, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtornado View Post

What? How, in any way, is this band emo?

And no offense, everyone's got their own tastes, but 30 Seconds to Mars is just another radio band making catchy songs, and wouldn't make any sense for this type of movie. Terrible choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralfangs View Post
The trailer showed nothing but a series of sequence with decent cinematography, not surprised considered the direct came from a cinematography background. However, I hope they screw this movie up by simply making it into a series of music videos. Most of the shots have potential to look great on blu though. Music-wise, I'm not too excited. I can already think of better songs/bands for some of those shots.
I agree with you, I always find myself thinking of better songs to pair with certain scenes, commercials, etc. But I'm still excited about seeing this movie, I'm diggin the cinematography
Old 11-02-2009, 10:26 AM   #12
Special Member

Aug 2007
South Jersey

i heard green day was in the process of making a movie too, i think based off of their album american idiot. now i would love that but this looks cool too.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:42 AM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

Not exactly my kind of music but I'm hearing it for the first time. Usually things have to grow on me. The movie looks interesting so I'll give it a shot.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:45 AM   #14
Special Member

Oct 2007
Fox Valley, Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209Mason View Post
Hm... odd that you would call one 'emo crap' but you like the other since most places I've seen 30 seconds to Mars I've seen A&A closeby in the same category (including link hopping from Amazon, Sounds Like on LastFM, etc.)...but to each their own. I actually enjoy them both and think they're fairly similar.

Regardless... I am interested to see how this film turns out!
Bring on 30 Seconds to Mars - SARCASM!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 04:57 AM   #15
Banned

Mar 2009
Norman, Okla.
Send a message via AIM to skatalite

Meh. This movie looks pretty pointless.

Angels and Airwaves is one crappy band, too. I love how Tom DeLonge claims, with this band, he's able to make music he's "always wanted to make." Yeah. Cause music sounded like this back in the early 1990s when he began making music.

And this isn't emo. Not to be a music Nazi here, but emo began in the 1980s and pretty much died in the early '90s. Angels and Airwaves is a pop-rock/punk-inspired band.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:14 AM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2007
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatalite View Post
Meh. This movie looks pretty pointless.

Angels and Airwaves is one crappy band, too. I love how Tom DeLonge claims, with this band, he's able to make music he's "always wanted to make." Yeah. Cause music sounded like this back in the early 1990s when he began making music.

And this isn't emo. Not to be a music Nazi here, but emo began in the 1980s and pretty much died in the early '90s. Angels and Airwaves is a pop-rock/punk-inspired band.
Tom DeLonge says a lot of crazy things because of the medication for his back pain; I think at one point he said that Angels and Airwaves will be better than the Beatles or the second coming of Jesus. I think he was joking but he blames the meds.

Emo today should be called neoemo as you are right, emo died a while back. It is mostly the hair and wearing certain styles of black IMO.

I hope the movie is good and does well. If there is real meaning behind all the powerful imagery it could be very good. I probably will not see it though.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:18 PM   #17
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
St. Louis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta88 View Post
Tom DeLonge says a lot of crazy things because of the medication for his back pain; I think at one point he said that Angels and Airwaves will be better than the Beatles or the second coming of Jesus. I think he was joking but he blames the meds.

Emo today should be called neoemo as you are right, emo died a while back. It is mostly the hair and wearing certain styles of black IMO.

I hope the movie is good and does well. If there is real meaning behind all the powerful imagery it could be very good. I probably will not see it though.
hes definitely taking more than just meds for back pain

im a big fan of AVA, blink, boxcar, +44, anything any of the guys from blink 182 are involved in, and this looks really cool, i cant wait to hear new music from these guys, almost as much as im looking forward to the new blink album!
Old 11-04-2009, 05:20 PM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
St. Louis

Quote:
What happened to the WWII-themed movie they were suppose to do with tracks from their 1st album ('We Don't Need To Whisper')? This looks cool though.

LOL There's no way Angels & Airwaves are emo, but to each his own. Just because a band might have a few chill songs, doesn't mean you're going to want to slit your wrists to 'em. Angels & Airwaves have a more positive-spin to their music, which isn't something you hear too much nowadays.

I originally thought Angels & Airwaves were going to be crap, mainly because Blink 182's other frontman was helming this band as well, but their debut album has grown to be one of my favorites. I love the production on it, especially the amazing job they did recording the drums. I'm not too keen on their 2nd album though.

I think we all can agree that rock music became crap & took a huge downward plunge off an endless cliff around the time that Creed first became huge. Creed and the other bands that got huge by copying the grunge sound a little tooooo much should "sit in penalty box and feel shame" for being such garbage. Rock music's last stand was the "Grunge Era", but hopefully something else will pop-up soon.......bring back the hair bands!

it turned into "start the machine" you can buy it from their website, and its also listed on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Start-Machine-.../dp/B00197X1U4

its not really a ww2 themed movie, its a documentary about the making of their album and some other stuff including short films featuring songs from "we dont need to whisper"

Last edited by jono_0101; 11-04-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Illinois

Don't forget to add the "screamo" genre guys.

Nice, thanks jono!
Old 11-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #20
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
St. Louis

Quote:
Don't forget to add the "screamo" genre guys.

Nice, thanks jono!
hey, no problem man, i love this band and have seen or listened to everything theyve done, as well as all the other projects from the members of blink, i even have a show-used autographed crash cymbol from atom willard that he gave to me after a show in chicago on their first tour, and i met tom that night, and tried to get him to add his signature to the cymbol, but he was SUPER out of it and had no idea what was going on, he told us all to be careful and watch out for the monsters
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies