Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$36.98

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$44.00
11 hrs ago
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (Blu-ray)
AU$6.50

Mask (Blu-ray)
AU$19.98

Don't Worry Darling 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$32.95

The Dam Busters (Blu-ray)
AU$6.50

Highlander (Blu-ray)
AU$6.50

Knightfall: Season One (Blu-ray)
AU$5.00

My Fair Lady (Blu-ray)
AU$6.50

The Menu (Blu-ray)
AU$29.98

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 1 (Blu-ray)
AU$37.19

Bone Tomahawk (Blu-ray)
AU$6.50

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 09-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #21

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
I've never seen any Resident Evil films either, but the trailer looks fun. I thought it was weird that Milla Jovovich was starring in a suburban flick!

Theatrically, I'm looking forward to seeing 'Looper'. Interesting premise, and both JGL and Bruce Willis are good in my books.
I can't wait for the new Resident Evil film.. I thought all the previous ones were top notch entertainment

Looks so cool having all the old cast members returning
Old 09-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #22
Banned

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anamnesis View Post
I have seen 5 metre cables in some hardware stores and quick web search gave me a 3m one

On the movie front, the new Resident Evil actually looks interesting, I must admit with the exception of the 2nd film, I have quite enjoyed the series thus far, I just hope there are some 2D screenings!
The 2nd RE film is my favorite one. I've really like the series so far as well, but for me I liked Afterlife the least.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #23

Aug 2009
Brisbane

I enjoy them all for what they are, great entertainment
Old 09-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Edge of the Accretion Disc
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anamnesis View Post
On the movie front, the new Resident Evil actually looks interesting, I must admit with the exception of the 2nd film, I have quite enjoyed the series thus far, I just hope there are some 2D screenings!
I'm assuming people have seen the new Resident Evil four-film set on Amazon UK ?

At that price, I got brave and threw a pre-order on it.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:01 AM   #25

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilsGuard View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8lMmRe6Z44

check that out, madness!!!!!!
Such an awesome trailer, it's got me really looking forward to this coming out. The special effects in the scene with the Slo-mo users are awesome.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:46 AM   #26
Power Member

Mar 2012

Apprently Dredd is almost the exact same story line as The Raid, which I thought was a borefest. I'll probably see this just for the special effects and Urban, who I think is great in his own way.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:32 AM   #27

Dec 2009
Brisbane, Australia

Anyone else notice that the tracer effect in the new Dredd looks exactly like the bolter rounds in anything Warhammer 40K related? I'll see it for those alone, it's the first time I've ever seen that done so well in a movie.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:58 AM   #28
Banned

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

A short while ago I attended an open house for a unit which has just gone up for sale in my building. The guy who owns it bought it 4 years ago and completely renovated it. He's been in financial difficulty for sometime, and has many creditors after him. He's put the unit on the market a few times within the last 4 years, only for a couple of weeks at a time, then has always pulled it from being for sale. Well finally the bank repossessed it. All the photos I have seen of the inside of the place over the last few years have always made it look extremely nice, and my fiancee and I have talked about buying it if it ever went on the market again. Well after seeing it we have now changed our minds. The renovation work looks horrible, like it's all been done by cheap amateurs. Too many people today see these renovation shows and try to do everything themselves, but even though they are proud of the work, often it looks dodgy and of poor quality. My old man is a professional builder, the majority of his clientele is in Mosman, Kirribilli and surrounding suburbs, plus the North Shore. I was talking to him about this subject just recently, and he was telling me that he sees plenty of shoddy work done by poor tradesman or people who have tried the DIY option. His response to it was "I'm not a dentist, so I wouldn't try and work on my own teeth. But that's what many people are doing when they try to do their own renovations. They think they are professionals and can do what I do, like there is no skill in it". All in all, we were very disappointed with what we saw, after years of wanting to have a look and thinking it looked nice in all the photos that we have ever seen.

Last edited by Cevolution; 09-08-2012 at 06:02 AM. Reason: fixed an error
Old 09-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #29

Jul 2012
Default Just having a whinge

Just wanted to vent my hatred of digipaks, I have all my blu-rays alphabetically arranged in genres, all nice & neatly shelved & have even made genre indexes in blu-ray cases, & then some studio brings out a must have release only available as a digipak, OCD overload.

I can live live with different colour & thickness cases, but digipaks is just pushing things too far.

Whilst I'm venting.

I hate that I bought Ong-Bak trilogy from Amazon UK (German edition without checking if there was English subs or audio

I hate that I bought Black Mask & there is no original Mandarin audio with English subs, only a laughably terrible English dub. I thought we left all that behind with DVDs.

I hate blus with PQs on par with VHS tapes like Machine Girl

I hate Ebay sellers that use stock photo's so that instead of receiving the US region free DOA, I receive the region A locked Canadian one.

Lastly I love my new region free Toshi

If anyone hasn't seen DOA it's a seriously good bad movie.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #30
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
I can't wait for the new Resident Evil film.. I thought all the previous ones were top notch entertainment

Looks so cool having all the old cast members returning
Just wanted to share this as it is so damn cheap at the moment
Old 09-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #31
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
-
-

I knew it! I'm typing in invisible ink again ...

I already gave the exact same link about six posts back.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #32
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevolution View Post
A short while ago I attended an open house for a unit which has just gone up for sale in my building. The guy who owns it bought it 4 years ago and completely renovated it. He's been in financial difficulty for sometime, and has many creditors after him. He's put the unit on the market a few times within the last 4 years, only for a couple of weeks at a time, then has always pulled it from being for sale. Well finally the bank repossessed it. All the photos I have seen of the inside of the place over the last few years have always made it look extremely nice, and my fiancee and I have talked about buying it if it ever went on the market again. Well after seeing it we have now changed our minds. The renovation work looks horrible, like it's all been done by cheap amateurs. Too many people today see these renovation shows and try to do everything themselves, but even though they are proud of the work, often it looks dodgy and of poor quality. My old man is a professional builder, the majority of his clientele is in Mosman, Kirribilli and surrounding suburbs, plus the North Shore. I was talking to him about this subject just recently, and he was telling me that he sees plenty of shoddy work done by poor tradesman or people who have tried the DIY option. His response to it was "I'm not a dentist, so I wouldn't try and work on my own teeth. But that's what many people are doing when they try to do their own renovations. They think they are professionals and can do what I do, like there is no skill in it". All in all, we were very disappointed with what we saw, after years of wanting to have a look and thinking it looked nice in all the photos that we have ever seen.
I hear ya my friend. They watch one of those home improvement shows and think they can do it all. I used to be a plasterer/flusher. The amount of jobs I saw that people had decided to do themselves that ended up looking like dog's balls...

Here's a tip to those folks - Don't skimp on the plastering. Get a professional plasterer and you will notice the difference in the finished product. It also helps to have a good working knowledge of correct painting technique if you're going to do it yourself. Always, and I mean always keep a wet edge!
Old 09-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #33

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15ofclubs View Post
Just wanted to vent my hatred of digipaks, I have all my blu-rays alphabetically arranged in genres, all nice & neatly shelved & have even made genre indexes in blu-ray cases, & then some studio brings out a must have release only available as a digipak, OCD overload.

I can live live with different colour & thickness cases, but digipaks is just pushing things too far.

Whilst I'm venting.

I hate that I bought Ong-Bak trilogy from Amazon UK (German edition without checking if there was English subs or audio

I hate that I bought Black Mask & there is no original Mandarin audio with English subs, only a laughably terrible English dub. I thought we left all that behind with DVDs.

I hate blus with PQs on par with VHS tapes like Machine Girl

I hate Ebay sellers that use stock photo's so that instead of receiving the US region free DOA, I receive the region A locked Canadian one.

Lastly I love my new region free Toshi

If anyone hasn't seen DOA it's a seriously good bad movie.
You could always print out regular Amaray covers and use those.. then send the Digipacks to me.. I LOVE digipacks.. one of the few styles of packaging I would always prefer over an Amaray.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #34
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
-
-

Snap, LC! I'm very happy with digipaks.

On another matter: for anyone in southern Sydney, I thoroughly recommend checking out the Dumaresq St Cinema in Campbelltown. I can't speak highly enough of it.

Technically, it's everything you could wish. It's modern and clean, with recent screens, projection systems, audio and seats, and it runs current release films. It's family-run and very friendly, and the prices are amazing: tickets are $6, even on a Saturday, and a combo (medium fresh popcorn and large drink) is a whole $6.50; getting a choc-top as well brings it up to a staggering $7. Plus, they care about customers' enjoyment: when I was there this evening watching the latest Bourne flick, there was a bunch of annoying kids chatting out loud and jumping around, and one of the ushers actually came in and shushed them — don't know what he said, but it kept them quiet for the rest of the film. It's years since I've seen that happen in a Hoyts or GU cinema.

Yeah, I probably sound like I'm laying it on a bit thick. I'm not a tout, and I have no interests in their business — I just think it's a bit of a find, and worth knowing about.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #35
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
Australia

For all fans of the raid click this link. If you haven't seen the movie then this might contain spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
I knew it! I'm typing in invisible ink again ...

I already gave the exact same link about six posts back.
LOL I seriously didn't even see your post. I'm sorry sir.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #36
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
-
-

Oh, no need to apologise!

(Like I said, invisible ink.)
Old 09-09-2012, 03:16 AM   #37

Jul 2012
Default Blade Runner - 30th Anniversary Ultimate Collectors Edition

For those Blade Runner fans, or those who like to simply keep rebuying the same movie

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blade-Runner...7156588&sr=1-2

Personally whilst I liked the movie (Directors Final Cut), was not so overwhelmed by it as others seem to be.

Last edited by 15ofclubs; 09-09-2012 at 03:29 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:18 AM   #38
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Oh, no need to apologise!

(Like I said, invisible ink.)
what did you say?
Old 09-09-2012, 03:28 AM   #39

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
You could always print out regular Amaray covers and use those.. then send the Digipacks to me.. I LOVE digipacks.. one of the few styles of packaging I would always prefer over an Amaray.
I have custom media shelving cabinets with glass shelves, & only a few mm clearance between shelves, some of the digipaks being too high.

They're a pain to post too, as they go over 20mm thickness which requires $6-60 in stamps, as opposed to $1-20.

Just sold the UK Milennium Girl Who Trilogy on Ebay. Only one I have left now is the Planet Earth Special Edition which just fits in.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:42 AM   #40

Dec 2009
Brisbane, Australia

Digipaks eh? Just to confirm, is that like, the Se7en case, with the book attached to it? Or is that a digibook? Or am I completely off the mark?

...what the hell is a digipak?!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia