Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$36.98

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$44.00
5 hrs ago
Don't Worry Darling 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$32.95

My Fair Lady (Blu-ray)
AU$6.50

Knightfall: Season One (Blu-ray)
AU$5.00

Highlander (Blu-ray)
AU$6.50

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (Blu-ray)
AU$6.50

Bone Tomahawk (Blu-ray)
AU$6.50

The Menu (Blu-ray)
AU$29.98

Bones and All (Blu-ray)
AU$26.98

Chinatown (Blu-ray)
AU$6.50

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 1 (Blu-ray)
AU$37.19

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 02-01-2013, 05:26 AM   #41
Special Member

Jun 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueherring View Post
Watched: Original Alien movie at the cinemas on Wednesday, was great to see it on the big screen
Would love to now see Aliens also.
Saw Alien Resurrection at the cinemas when it originally came out and saw Prometheus last year.
So i just need to tick off Aliens and alien3.
They showed Alien during Halloween last year as well. Unfortunately I forgotten about the screening on Wednesday and wasn't reminded until they sent me an email late yesterday.

Oh well, it wasn't showing in any of the nearby venues anyway.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #42
Expert Member

Jul 2011
Perth Australia

Watched Gangster Squad kinda felt this film didn't quite know what it wanted to be. Pretty to look at with great costumes and nice architecture on display it looked the part if nothing else 6.5/10

Last edited by melmac; 02-03-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #43
Power Member

Mar 2011

Saw Zero Dark Thirty

Pretty amazing movie - well made and it was friggin' TENSE!

Really enjoyed it (was my second viewing).
Old 02-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #44

Jun 2012
Adelaide, South Australia

Saw Flight, loved it. Denzel was truly amazing, Don Cheadle was very good also.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #45
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2011
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Saw Zero Dark Thirty

Pretty amazing movie - well made and it was friggin' TENSE!

Really enjoyed it (was my second viewing).
Yeah can't wait to own it on Blu so i can watch it again, this, The Master and Django are my faves of 2012 (US dates.)
Old 02-05-2013, 01:43 AM   #46
Expert Member

Jul 2011
Perth Australia

Not a last seen post but a deal for those that regularly use Hoyts, Coles have Hoyts gift cards for 20% off this week from what I can tell they can be used to pay for the ticket regardless so if it is an already discounted ticket due to concession or Movie of the week deal then its 20% off that as well which is pretty good. Cards expire after 12 months.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #47
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Edge of the Accretion Disc
-
-

I think this counts as seen "at the movies" ...

I went on the weekend to see a presentation of Metropolis in Wollongong, with an intro and then a Q&A session afterwards by a film buff and memorabilia collector whose name completely escapes me at the moment.

It was really great to watch it as part of an audience, something I've not had the chance to do before, though the down side of it was that it was projected from the recent MoC BD, and the projector used just wasn't up to the bitrate and refresh demands of a Blu-ray. The image broke constantly into vertical bands that appeared to be melting and dripping down the screen. (I heard several people on the way out saying things like, "Well, Blu-ray isn't very good, is it?" ... I wanted to chase after them and say, "No-no, you don't understand!" )

Still. It was noticeable both what a brilliant piece of film-making it is, and how much improved and more coherent it is with (most of) the lost footage restored. Even with the technical drawbacks, it was still a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Great movie.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #48
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
-
-

Well, my day's just been planned for me.

I still haven't seen The Hobbit at the flicks, and I've just noticed that the few cinemas around me still showing it are down to two sessions today, and most of them have no sessions at all tomorrow. No HFR showings I can find at all.

I guess I'm going to spend this afternoon in Middle Earth at 24 frames per second.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #49
Special Member

Jun 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post

I guess I'm going to spend this afternoon in Middle Earth at 24 frames per second.
I saw it the opening week and I suspect I saw it at only 24 frames also. Because it did not look any different from any other films in the theatre.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #50
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
-
-

Well, finally got to see The Hobbit. I know, it's probably old news to almost everyone else, but I'd been wanting to see it for weeks.

And ... I loved it. It didn't seem at all too long to me. and I really enjoyed the prelude, about the Dwarves Under the Mountain and the coming of Smaug. Seemed a great idea, not least because it's the only time in the four films so far that we've seen a Dwarvish kingdom at its height.

It's not perfect, and one indication that perhaps Jackson has too many balls in the air, with trying to merge the story of the Necromancer and the White Council with the main narrative, was that he didn't really explain or establish the White Orcs very well, and their place in the story. So the second half of the movie became pretty much the Dwarves in one seemingly-meaningless battle after another, with nothing but fighting apparently happening in their journey it actually started to get a bit tedious, which wasn't helped by the long running time.

Still, for me it didn't feel as long as it was. For me, the highlight was the Riddles scene with Gollum, and the heavy portentous moments of a)
[Show spoiler]Bilbo giving Gollum his real name
, b)
[Show spoiler]Gollum's moment of empty despair when he knew the Ring was gone
, and c)
[Show spoiler]the fateful moment when Bilbo didn't slay Gollum, and almost seemeed to realise it was a choice that cast a very long shadow indeed
. All those moments hung beautifully heavily in the air. Great sequence.

I loved Sylvester McCoy's Radogast, though Barry Humphries' Great Goblin fell pretty flat, I felt. I was really pleased to see Guillermo del Toro get story and development credit, and even more pleased (being honest!) that Peter Jackson ended up directing it after all.

Can't wait for the second part.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:26 AM   #51
Special Member

Jun 2012
Australia

Went to see a screening of 'Aladdin'. 10/10.

But it was mostly children, so the constant baby chatter and noise ("baby tigaa!!", "monkee!!", "ugh, gargle, ah" was pretty annoying. When I went to see 'The Lion King' 3D, it was all adults.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:26 AM   #52
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010
south

A Good Day To Die Hard

lethargic in energy, and even colour, a persistent teal I think suggests the coldness of Moscow?.

Bruce evens forces his laughs,

amazingly, this would be the most mind numbingly logic dropping movie I have encountered in some time.
1)
[Show spoiler]One does not simply Waqqa Waqqa into Chernobyl with out radiation suits, kick up dust particles swim in stagnant water after falling through many floors and fly home victors without consequence!

2)
[Show spoiler]Super Helicopter with a tail blade made of kryptonite, such sensitive apparatus can slice buildings and the main villain with a massive heavy vehicle chained to its arse and survive

Action scenes are bombastic but charmless and although I liked him in "Jack Reacher" Jai Courntey held little on screen presence or chemistry.

2/5 stars
Old 02-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #53
Expert Member

Jul 2011
Perth Australia

Flight, Crash scene was great tense as, Denzel was wonderful but overall I felt the movie was ruined by its last 10 minutes which felt
[Show spoiler]like a cheap hallmark telemovie right down to the final freeze shot and credits
6.5/10

Last edited by melmac; 02-23-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #54
Expert Member

Jul 2011
Perth Australia

Just saw Jack Reacher they could've renamed it The Tom Cruise Show In between the bits of Tom mugging the camera where some scenes that were reminiscent of the Reacher books and those bits I did enjoy, made me want to go pick up the books again.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:43 PM   #55
Expert Member

Jul 2010
Melbourne

Watched The Last Stand and enjoyed it a lot
Old 02-26-2013, 02:03 AM   #56

Jun 2012
Perth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black13teen View Post
Watched The Last Stand and enjoyed it a lot
Agreed! It was pretty insane, but just what I needed on a quiet Sunday afternoon.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #57

Sep 2009
NSW, Australia

I also caught The Last Stand with my brother. First time time to the cinema since Skyfall.

Big fan of the director and he nailed his Hollywood debut. Really enjoyed it. Great action, good laughs and some nice character moments. Very impressed with Schwarzenegger. As a long time fan it's great to see his performance as he's actually really improved. Best performance of his career in my opinion.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #58
Expert Member

Jul 2011
Perth Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by atexp80 View Post
I also caught The Last Stand with my brother. First time time to the cinema since Skyfall.

Big fan of the director and he nailed his Hollywood debut. Really enjoyed it. Great action, good laughs and some nice character moments. Very impressed with Schwarzenegger. As a long time fan it's great to see his performance as he's actually really improved. Best performance of his career in my opinion.
I'm looking forward to seeing it myself, got home to find these in the letterbox

Old 03-02-2013, 01:17 AM   #59

Jul 2012

Went to see Silver Linings Playbook with my wife last night. Loved every minute of it and highly recommend it!

Brilliant performances all round and the film itself was presented excellently. There is a scene near the start if the movie where the camera work puts you into Bradley Cooper's shoes so well that you feel what he would be feeling. Amazing!

9/10
Old 03-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #60
Special Member

Feb 2010

Watched Hansel and Gretel in 3D with my wife. Absolutely loved the movie. Day one purchase for me when released on blu ray. If the sound at the cinema was anything to go by, the blu ray release should include a reference quality soundtrack.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia