Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Black Adam (iTunes)
$12.99

Waterworld (iTunes)
$4.99

Buddy Comedy Pack (iTunes)
$19.99

Double Indemnity (iTunes)
$4.99

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (iTunes)
$4.99

Must-Watch Comedy 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Must-Watch Sci-Fi 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Must-Watch Movies Of Our Time 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

The Finest Hours (iTunes)
$4.99

Must-Watch Classics 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Patriot Games (iTunes)
$4.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 08-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #1

Oct 2012
Northeast Ohio
Default UK UV redeem in USA

I keep hearing people know how to do this, and a friend of mine just gave me a UV code that is from there when he got back to the states, but I have no clue how to redeem it. Any detailed help from anyone? Thanks!
Old 08-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #2

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsfan1 View Post
I keep hearing people know how to do this, and a friend of mine just gave me a UV code that is from there when he got back to the states, but I have no clue how to redeem it. Any detailed help from anyone? Thanks!
OK,

1. Download and install Firefox
2. Google for the anonymox plugin and install....
3. load firefox, go to flixster.com, a small box in lower right corner with ip address will display, click on it, options should open, select a uk proxy from the list and click on it, ip should change and something like uk5c or whatever should display with it
4. go to the movie redemption page, and wait for proxy to do it's magic, notice on movie page it should say offer valid in uk or something only....
5. enter code, login account, wait for movie to be added to account, voila! movie is redeemed.....

Hope this helps you out....
Thanks given by:
G00N3R (06-05-2015), khamito (01-29-2015), NicWhit (09-08-2014), Riverati (09-02-2017), Vertigo2010 (08-19-2016)
Old 08-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #3

Oct 2012
Northeast Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj7 View Post
OK,

3. load firefox, go to flixster.com, a small box in lower right corner with ip address will display, click on it, options should open, select a uk proxy from the list and click on it, ip should change and something like uk5c or whatever should display with it
4. go to the movie redemption page, and wait for proxy to do it's magic, notice on movie page it should say offer valid in uk or something only....
5. enter code, login account, wait for movie to be added to account, voila! movie is redeemed.....

Thank you! Any chance they would also show up in my ultraviolet locker and/or VUDU?
Old 08-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #4

Apr 2010

Does this work the other way round?

Can you redeem US UV in the UK?
Old 08-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #5

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd123 View Post
Does this work the other way round?

Can you redeem US UV in the UK?
I would think it would work, but no idea....
Old 08-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #6

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsfan1 View Post
Thank you! Any chance they would also show up in my ultraviolet locker and/or VUDU?
they'll show up in ultraviolet locker, but VUDU can be hit and miss, but you can send flixster the posted email changing the movie title if they don't show up in vudu, I would not bother with vudu though emailing as they are going to reply with a similar email and it could take like 10 days or longer if they reply with something that they got to forward the request to their content team and then they'll come back and suggest you email flixster anyhow and refuse to change it themselves, basically saying it's an issue with who you redeemed it with for not showing in vudu account with the ALID not matching.....but anyhow here is the email I always use.....

Quote:
redeemed the UV code for A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas using Flixster, and the movie appears on my Flixster account as well as my Ultraviolet locker when I look on uvvu.com, but Vudu is not showing that I own it.

When I contacted Vudu, they responded that:
"The title(s) cannot be added to your VUDU library because the incorrect ALID [or Movie Identification coming from Flixster] was used during the redemption process. You can contact the company you redeemed the title with, and they should be able to help get the updated version."

Your help to fix this issue would be very much appreciated.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #7

Oct 2012

the above method though, never had issue with flixster changing, even though a couple times had to email back twice, getting 2 seperate people to look over the ticket.....think cause the first time the person didn't understand the issue.....also if you send the redemption code with the response I found they are more likely to change it the first time....
Old 08-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #8

Oct 2012

also you do this you'll get 2 copies of a movie in your uv account, as flixster don't remove the old one that don't show up in vudu and they will not....my movie count is off because of this and also cause of merging vudu accounts with my main account, as the free vudu movies are doubled up, and some are even tripled up on my vudu as I was unaware of this and I had previously d2d a couple of these titles to my account as my main account was an account before the 10 free movie period and before I had experimented with merging accounts I had done a couple of these "free" movies as D2D to that account...oh well, is what it is, I don't care about the extra movies as vudu don't show the multiple copies, just stupid whoever thought of ultraviolet didn't think about possibly adding a delete option for the uvvu locker itself....
Old 08-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #9
Blu-ray Emperor

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
OK,

Worked like a freakin' charm, albeit for using US codes on a UK flixster account.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #10

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Worked like a freakin' charm, albeit for using US codes on a UK flixster account.
good to hear....
Old 08-26-2013, 11:30 PM   #11

Oct 2012
Northeast Ohio

thank you very much for all the help!
Old 08-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008

Don't forget when you access through a proxy that the administrator of the proxy usually will have full visibility to your entire session, including passwords, regardless of whether or not the session is encrypted.

This link tells a little more about it. If you get a security warning, that's your clue:

http://security.stackexchange.com/qu...y-proxy-server
Old 10-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #13
Special Member

Aug 2013
TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmutt View Post
Don't forget when you access through a proxy that the administrator of the proxy usually will have full visibility to your entire session, including passwords, regardless of whether or not the session is encrypted.

This link tells a little more about it. If you get a security warning, that's your clue:

Well, this concerns me a little now...not sure if I should buy and redeem codes from another country now...
Old 10-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #14

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatting hen View Post
Well, this concerns me a little now...not sure if I should buy and redeem codes from another country now...
Same here, after I read that I was like well crap.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #15
Expert Member

Jan 2006
Wales UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmutt View Post

I gotta say that while i appreciate the heads up on - that link is a little beyond me :/ Are they saying that a middle man could collect keystroke data?
In which case, if i prepared all username and password info on say, a word doc beforehand, could i then copy and paste to avoid keystroke info gathering?

Failing that, can anyone recommend a safe way to trick Vudu.com into thinking im in the US rather than the UK?
Old 10-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010

I'm guessing there's no way to view UK UV movies through Vudu or Nook Video?
Old 10-17-2013, 11:57 PM   #17

Oct 2013
Los Angeles

I just recently started redeeming UK codes using the firefox add on listed in post above and ive yet to have any issues! all the movies ive gotten seem to be working with no issue..
Old 10-18-2013, 12:11 AM   #18

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapples101 View Post
I gotta say that while i appreciate the heads up on - that link is a little beyond me :/ Are they saying that a middle man could collect keystroke data?
In which case, if i prepared all username and password info on say, a word doc beforehand, could i then copy and paste to avoid keystroke info gathering?

Failing that, can anyone recommend a safe way to trick Vudu.com into thinking im in the US rather than the UK?
Maybe is someone set up a personal VPN in the UK and gave you the info to log into that. Other then that I dunno.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #19

May 2009
Southeast Michigan

Quote:
OK,

Worked like a charm. Used this method for the James Dean collection and all three movies showed up in my Flixster and Vudu accounts. Thanks, man.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapples101 View Post

Sorry I didn't come back into this thread earlier, but just to close the loop:

When you connect through a proxy to a server, you are not connecting directly to the server. You are in fact establish a connection with the proxy, and the proxy in turn opens a new connection to the server and translates all your information to the new connection. Therefore when you find a server offering ssl proxy, it does this by creating a secure connection to you and a secure connection to the server, but you'll get a security warning as the certificate is issued by the proxy instead of by the server. All that to be said there are two encrypted sessions, one between you and the proxy and one between the proxy and the server, but the translation always happens in the clear.

No, using 'copy and paste' will not help this situation.

Basically if you are doing this, you should temporarily change your password before and after redeeming through the proxy to something you will never use again.
Thanks given by:
DA1745 (02-17-2016)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)