Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The King of Braves GaoGaiGar: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$67.81
1 day ago
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$37.49

The Demon Girl Next Door 2: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan / Broly - Second Coming / Bio-Broly (Blu-ray)
$16.83

Inu-Oh (Blu-ray)
$19.96

GATE: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99

Lupin the 3rd Part I: The Classic Adventures (Blu-ray)
$45.50

Record of Ragnarok: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Tetsujin 28 FX: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$46.39
1 day ago
City Hunter: Movie & TV Special Collection (Blu-ray)
$46.39
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 11-08-2013, 02:47 AM   #21
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Posters might want to start hiding larger images in spoiler tags or this thread will become a bear to download on slower connections.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:45 AM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
GA, USA #YCC

[Show spoiler]

Old 11-08-2013, 04:28 AM   #23
Banned

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Posters might want to start hiding larger images in spoiler tags or this thread will become a bear to download on slower connections.
I always limit my photos to 800 pixels wide so they at least don't have to be processed by the forum's resizer...

In a dedicated photo thread like this though, I much prefer to see the photos out in the open rather than spoiler tagged - even if it does take a bit longer to load the page - because really, that's the entire purpose of a thread like this... Spoiler-ed images are too dang easy to miss. So, just to help out, let's all try not to go overboard with the image sizes and the number of exposed images per post!

Key714 above did it the correct way for posting a larger number of photos - showing a couple photos and then spoiler-ing all the detail photos...
Thanks given by:
dr727 (03-13-2022)
Old 11-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #24
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREYMAX 3D View Post
I always limit my photos to 800 pixels wide so they at least don't have to be processed by the forum's resizer...

In a dedicated photo thread like this though, I much prefer to see the photos out in the open rather than spoiler tagged - even if it does take a bit longer to load the page - because really, that's the entire purpose of a thread like this... Spoiler-ed images are too dang easy to miss. So, just to help out, let's all try not to go overboard with the image sizes and the number of exposed images per post!

Key714 above did it the correct way for posting a larger number of photos - showing a couple photos and then spoiler-ing all the detail photos...
Your suggestions sound good to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #25
Banned

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Your suggestions sound good to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Haha! Do you prefer your newsletter sent electronically or via Post?
Old 11-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
Cincinnati, OH

Finally received Highschool of the Dead OVA blu ray today from rightstuf. Perfect timing considering I just finished watching Highschool of the Dead series for the second time yesterday.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:51 AM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
Washington State

Good Luck Girl Slipbox out 11.19

Good Luck Girl Slipcover out 11.19

Old 11-09-2013, 03:43 AM   #28
Banned

Aug 2010

OK, so not photos of the anime media itself (yet), but still qualifies as an "Anime Haul," so here's some pictures!... Got some major anime swag direct from Japan in the mail yesterday, from the Time of EVE Blu-ray Kickstarter campaign that ran back in May-June of this year - I pledged at the $145 level in order to receive an "Are You Enjoying the Time of EVE?" coffee cup/saucer set and an "Evlend" coffee canister, both patterned after similar items seen in the anime movie.

But, I really wanted more than just one of each item you receive through the pledge award - I entertain a lot of guests for Monthly Movie Nights in my home theater in my basement, and I wanted to be able to serve coffee in these to my guests. So I asked the campaign sponsors if I could purchase more of these items outright, and they said yes, they had plenty of extra pieces. So after the campaign closed I purchased 7 more cups/saucers and 2 more canisters. Now I'll be able to serve "Evlend" coffee to my guests in my ToE-themed home theater snack bar!

[Show spoiler]

Last edited by FREYMAX 3D; 11-09-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
UK
-
-

Good Luck Girl! is a really fun show. I really recommend it if you guys want some silly not too serious stuff.

FREY, when are you opening up your Café? I want a cup of Evlend.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREYMAX 3D View Post
OK, so not photos of the anime media itself (yet), but still qualifies as an "Anime Haul," so here's some pictures!... Got some major anime swag direct from Japan in the mail yesterday, from the Time of EVE Blu-ray Kickstarter campaign that ran back in May-June of this year - I pledged at the $145 level in order to receive an "Are You Enjoying the Time of EVE?" coffee cup/saucer set and an "Evlend" coffee canister, both patterned after similar items seen in the anime movie.

But, I really wanted more than just one of each item you receive through the pledge award - I entertain a lot of guests for Monthly Movie Nights in my home theater in my basement, and I wanted to be able to serve coffee in these to my guests. So I asked the campaign sponsors if I could purchase more of these items outright, and they said yes, they had plenty of extra pieces. So after the campaign closed I purchased 7 more cups/saucers and 2 more canisters. Now I'll be able to serve "Evlend" coffee to my guests in my ToE-themed home theater snack bar!
[Show spoiler]

[Show spoiler]

WOW, that looks Great! I'm really impressed that you were able to order extras for yourself.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:19 AM   #31
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
Cincinnati, OH

Received these today from YesAsia, both with English subs:

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha the Movie 1st Limited Edition Japanese blu ray with 52 page booklet & Magical Girl Lyrical nanoha the Movie 2nd A's Special Edition Japanese blu ray with 100 page booklet. Also came with a Dragonball GT capsule toy.

I will post more pictures whenever I get around to opening & watching these.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #32

Jan 2010
England, UK

(ignore Castlevaina PS3)

Old 11-12-2013, 01:52 AM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
Washington State

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonno394 View Post
(ignore Castlevaina PS3)
its anime..ish
Old 11-12-2013, 03:04 AM   #34
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
CT, US

ooo, that Berserk Steelbook is slick. I might have to hunt those down at some point, even though they are outside my region!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #35

Jan 2010
England, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_nick View Post
ooo, that Berserk Steelbook is slick. I might have to hunt those down at some point, even though they are outside my region!
The LQ picture is probably deceptive (my camera isn't up and running atm :/ ), it's actually a stylish slipcover on a slimline BD case.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #36
Banned

Aug 2010

OK, received all these this past week... Maken Ki and Akira arrived in the mail today, and I picked up the (non-anime) Wizards movie at Best Buy today... got that one for nostalgia's sake, I saw Wizards on campus in college when it was new back in the late 70's... Also got the Blood: The Last Vampire Blu-ray and the entire 50 episode Blood+ import DVDs which unfortunately turned out to be of questionable origin... Ordered them blind online, since the US DVD set is OOP. The discs are factory pressed and not DVD-R at least, and were neatly sealed in plastic like a commercial DVD. They do include an English dub... ah well, I just got these to tide me over until there is a proper North American re-release of Blood+ on Blu or DVD I can get my hands on, since Blood+ is in my Top-5 anime series...

Last edited by FREYMAX 3D; 11-13-2013 at 05:00 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #37
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2010
Florida

Original Bandai release with slipcover and booklet on left, with Funi release on right:

Old 11-14-2013, 02:28 AM   #38

May 2013
Long Island, NY

After blind buying Kids On The Slope and Garden Of Words, I've decided to get more into Anime beyond Studio Ghibli...this is my first haul...IMG_3995.jpg
Old 11-14-2013, 02:53 AM   #39
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleFeature View Post
After blind buying Kids On The Slope and Garden Of Words, I've decided to get more into Anime beyond Studio Ghibli...this is my first haul...
[Show spoiler]Attachment 74823
Nice picks! I love how Sentai blu rays always have a lead character on the spine.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:42 AM   #40
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
CT, US

Forgot tot take a pic again! But today Tsuritama, Medaka Box, and Dusk Maiden of Amnesia arrived. I'll try to remember to take some pics this weekend.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime