Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The King of Braves GaoGaiGar: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$67.81
1 day ago
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$37.49

The Demon Girl Next Door 2: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: Set 14 (Blu-ray)
$31.51
3 hrs ago
Inu-Oh (Blu-ray)
$19.96

GATE: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99

Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan / Broly - Second Coming / Bio-Broly (Blu-ray)
$16.83

Tetsujin 28 FX: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$46.39
1 day ago
Record of Ragnarok: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Lupin the 3rd Part I: The Classic Adventures (Blu-ray)
$45.50

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 03-05-2014, 04:46 AM   #1
Banned

Aug 2010
Default Anime Retail Bargains, Deals, & Sales Thread

This thread has been created for posting up information about any good anime Blu-ray bargains or sales you may find online or at Brick and Mortar retail locations. The thread is NOT limited to just North American releases, because anime is very international in scope, but anime listed here should be at least English friendly, including either a dub or subs. Help all of us anime fans in finding the best buys for anime, wherever it may be, so we can hopefully get the biggest bang for our buck! This thread should provide us with one convenient place to share all this useful and usually timely information...

Credit for this thread goes to neoz below - he's the one who suggested this - I just started it up for him...

Last edited by FREYMAX 3D; 03-05-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Thanks given by:
SakoeraTyan (09-18-2020)
Old 03-05-2014, 05:47 AM   #2

Dec 2009

There is a sale at Rightstuff.

From now through March 6, take 40% OFF the retail prices on all DVDs and Blu-ray discs from Section23 Films, Sentai Filmworks, Switchblade Pictures, Maiden Japan, Kraken Releasing and Happy Carrot! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main...&ReturnTo=Main
Thanks given by:
Old 03-05-2014, 04:05 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Phoenix, AZ

Good thread.... I'll chip in when I see a deal not already mentioned....
Old 03-06-2014, 02:28 AM   #4
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Deepdiscount has a big anime sale going on right now with mostly Section 23 and Sentai stuff:

Code:
http://www.deepdiscount.com/anime-sale-march/
I suspect some of this stuff might go on sale at Amazon soon, though it's always so hard to predict whether Amazon will follow suit.
Thanks given by:
Old 03-06-2014, 04:57 AM   #5

Dec 2009

^^^

Oh please have a good price on Girls Und Panzer.

Thaks for the heads up Clark. Nice to see we are all posting deals.

Reporting Panzer, please report it as well. If there is anything else you want me to report from this sale I will.

Last edited by neoz; 03-06-2014 at 05:18 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:55 AM   #6
Banned

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
^^^

Oh please have a good price on Girls Und Panzer.

Thaks for the heads up Clark. Nice to see we are all posting deals.

Reporting Panzer, please report it as well. If there is anything else you want me to report from this sale I will.
I ordered Girls und Panzer from Deep Discount back on Christmas Day, it was $26.23 without any coupon code, just for reference...

Hmm, $33.99 right now, and the OVA is $19.99.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:06 AM   #7

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREYMAX 3D View Post
I ordered Girls und Panzer from Deep Discount back on Christmas Day, it was $26.23 without any coupon code, just for reference...

Hmm, $33.99 right now, and the OVA is $19.99.
ahhh salt in the wound. I've been tracking the price and it hasn't dipped below $35 anywhere...so I take it for $34. Even used it hovers around $40+ after S&H.
Yeah I'll wait on the OVA. I just want the series first. I'll get the OVA for the Angler Fish dance.....

I swear...I never get the good deals haha. And then when I think I got one come to find out it was cheaper.
I did get Sekirei Pure Engagement LE for $30 though new and sealed. I think that is a ok deal right?
Old 03-06-2014, 06:38 AM   #8
Banned

Aug 2010

Quote:
ahhh salt in the wound. I've been tracking the price and it hasn't dipped below $35 anywhere...so I take it for $34. Even used it hovers around $40+ after S&H.
Yeah I'll wait on the OVA. I just want the series first. I'll get the OVA for the Angler Fish dance.....

I swear...I never get the good deals haha. And then when I think I got one come to find out it was cheaper.
I did get Sekirei Pure Engagement LE for $30 though new and sealed. I think that is a ok deal right?
For an LE I think that is a good price - I bought the entire series box, both Parts 1 and Pure Engagement together, for $32.49 back in June of last year (had to dig out my trusty anime spreadsheet!), but that's not an LE set. There's still some sort of accessory inside it though, I hear like a metal chain or something rattling around - I never broke the seal on it because I already watched the series on a fansub.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:08 AM   #9

Dec 2009

Princess Jellyfish: The Complete Series $20.19 Amazon

Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREYMAX 3D View Post
For an LE I think that is a good price - I bought the entire series box, both Parts 1 and Pure Engagement together, for $32.49 back in June of last year (had to dig out my trusty anime spreadsheet!), but that's not an LE set. There's still some sort of accessory inside it though, I hear like a metal chain or something rattling around - I never broke the seal on it because I already watched the series on a fansub.
I really need to make a spread sheet as well. I'm not really looking for to much. A few DVD series that aren't on blu yet and then LE's really.
I hate the fact that some of my LE's are DVD's sized while some are blu ray sized. I hope Funi learned it's lesson from all the complaints.

Last edited by neoz; 03-06-2014 at 07:10 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:03 AM   #10

Dec 2009

FYI the same sell at Deep Discount appears to be at DVD Planet as well. I guess that is the benefit of them being the same company.

Looks like Panzer is a bit cheaper there as well...yay...

Posted this in the DBZ thread but going to post here as well.

For those with an Xbox Dragon Ball Z season 1 is free.
It'll in the Xbox Videos section. I believe it is HD as well.

Last edited by neoz; 03-07-2014 at 12:06 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:34 AM   #11
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
FYI the same sell at Deep Discount appears to be at DVD Planet as well. I guess that is the benefit of them being the same company.

Looks like Panzer is a bit cheaper there as well...yay...

Posted this in the DBZ thread but going to post here as well.

For those with an Xbox Dragon Ball Z season 1 is free.
It'll in the Xbox Videos section. I believe it is HD as well.
There's also a sale on for Playstation users which is like 50% off some Viz Media titles like Naruto(Plus Shippuden), Bleach, Lagrange, Tiger & Bunny and Nura Rise of the Yokai Clan.
Thanks given by:
Old 03-07-2014, 01:40 AM   #12
Banned

Jan 2014

Quote:
Princess Jellyfish: The Complete Series $20.19 Amazon

Link

I really need to make a spread sheet as well. I'm not really looking for to much. A few DVD series that aren't on blu yet and then LE's really.
I hate the fact that some of my LE's are DVD's sized while some are blu ray sized. I hope Funi learned it's lesson from all the complaints.

What's a spread sheet? I fly by the seat of my pants when it comes to anime purchases. BTW-Princess Jellyfish belongs in everyone's anime collection.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:25 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
Philadelphia, PA

DVDPlanet.com is having a 10% off sale sitewide. They have some pretty decent prices on anime titles, which are made even better with the additional discount.

Coupon code is MADCASH and expires 3/9/14 at 11:59pm CST.

Additionally, if you are an Ebates member, DVDPlanet.com purchases get 2.5% cash back.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:31 PM   #14

Dec 2009

^^^

Thanks MJW! Reordered my Girls und Panzer.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:04 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011

just wondering in regards to ebates as a non American what should i be putting stuff towards besides amazon ? alot of compneys still don't ship to international
Old 03-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
^^^

Thanks MJW! Reordered my Girls und Panzer.
Glad to hear, I think you mentioned yesterday you were considering ordering it from DeepDiscount.com since they had an anime sale going. Did you end up doing that (and cancelling) or did you wait until today to make a decision?
Old 03-07-2014, 05:19 PM   #17

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJW View Post
Glad to hear, I think you mentioned yesterday you were considering ordering it from DeepDiscount.com since they had an anime sale going. Did you end up doing that (and cancelling) or did you wait until today to make a decision?
I went with DVDplanet last night and then saw your post this morning. I tried to cancel my first order but it "shipped" already. So I'll send it back when it gets in.
Ordered both Panzer and OVA for it as well.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:53 PM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
UK
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
just wondering in regards to ebates as a non American what should i be putting stuff towards besides amazon ? alot of compneys still don't ship to international
Highly recommend DeepDiscount (I believe DVDPlanet and ImportCDs are the same company too). I haven't had customs charges when using them too, which is GOOD!

Rightstuf are great, pretty slow delivery sadly, but comes with premium packaging care. Expect custom charges with them though.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:49 PM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011

the threshold on items were i live is about 1k so dont have to worry about that still i dont like having to send my ID and photo copys of my card to right stuff so iv not used em , is import cds having a sale ?
Old 03-09-2014, 07:58 AM   #20

Mar 2014
Default The Girl Who Leapt Through Time Blu-ray

Does anyone know where I get a region A copy of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time blu-ray for a reasonable price. Everyone on ebay and amazon are selling it for $100+. If anyone knows where i can get one or if you are willing to sell yours I would greatly appreciate it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime