Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Three Colors 4K (Blu-ray)
$87.49
15 hrs ago
Plane 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.07
23 hrs ago
Westworld: Season Four 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.49
5 hrs ago
Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.99

The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 (1983-1993) (Blu-ray)
$80.99

Spoiler Alert (Blu-ray)
$22.96
16 hrs ago
Shazam! 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
1 day ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Three Thousand Years of Longing (Blu-ray)
$16.09
13 hrs ago
Heart of Dragon (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Nobody (Blu-ray)
$6.99
1 day ago
Don't Worry Darling (Blu-ray)
$14.96
18 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 03-26-2014, 06:37 PM   #41

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by klauswhereareyou View Post
Crystal Skull got good reviews, cost 185 million to make and made 786 million worldwide. I think the only people that it died with were some of the fans of the original films. I think it's okay, I don't love it as much as the other films, but it certainly didn't die.
Crystal Skulls is an abomination of a movie. I was excited to see Harrison Ford back as Indy, but it was a terrible, terrible movie and never should have been made.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:37 PM   #42
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Blu View Post
Two names that came to me were Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Taylor Kitsch. Neither are A-list stars, but the Indiana Jones character doesn't need to be. When Ford took the role, he was an up and coming star, but certainly not an A-list at that point.
I can't think of anyone specifically, I would like to see someone new. I don't think I want them to look like exactly like Harrison Ford, but I suspect the studios will think they have to.

So long as they're a good actor who can portray the personality that's been developed it doesn't matter to me who it is.

Though I admit that it would be interesting to see Sean Patrick Flanery reprise the role, but he's almost 50 himself and at this point too old.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:39 PM   #43
Special Member

Mar 2012
NYC

JGL and Taylor Kitsch aren't rugged enough to play the character.

Last edited by CinemaBlu; 03-26-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:40 PM   #44
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2David View Post
Crystal Skulls is an abomination of a movie. I was excited to see Harrison Ford back as Indy, but it was a terrible, terrible movie and never should have been made.
Hyperbole much? Seriously, I understand that alot of people didn't like it but I think some of you guys take it a bit far with your hatred of it.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:42 PM   #45

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden10 View Post
Hyperbole much? Seriously, I understand that alot of people didn't like it but I think some of you guys take it a bit far with your hatred of it.
Crystal Skull is the "Phantom Menace" of the Indiana Jones series. I love Indiana Jones. I love Harrison Ford. I hate Crystal Skulls and wish it was never made.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:43 PM   #46
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
Would like to see Josh Holloway (of "Lost" fame) cast as the new Indiana Jones. Josh has the right talent and the look for the part.

By the way, I love Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones, but it is time for a reboot. Much better then having an old Indy and his son take over (god that was a terrible idea). Plus they can go back in time. I don't want a "modern" Indiana Jones.
Actually Josh Holloway sounds better than Bradley Cooper in the role. Hes Gritty and might work. Problem here is Indy was written specifically for Harrison Ford. Hence why as other have said INDY is Ford.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:44 PM   #47
Special Member

Mar 2012
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Actually Josh Holloway sounds better than Bradley Cooper in the role. Hes Gritty and might work. Problem here is Indy was written specifically for Harrison Ford. Hence why as other have said INDY is Ford.
No, it was written for Tom Selleck.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:45 PM   #48
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaBlu View Post
No, it was written for Tom Selleck.
Are you sure i could swear they said it was written for Ford but Selleck did screen test.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:46 PM   #49
Special Member

Mar 2012
NYC

Quote:
Are you sure i could swear they said it was written for Ford but Selleck did screen test.
No, it was written for Selleck but he was under another contract he couldn't get out of so Lucas reluctantly cast Ford after Spielberg suggested him.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:48 PM   #50
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2007

Quote:
Then why was Harrison Ford given the role only after Tom Selleck rejected it to work on Magnum PI?

In fact, Speilberg suggested Ford but Lucas initially rejected it. Ford was cast less than 3 weeks before filming began. The part was hardly 'written for Ford', was it?
Old 03-26-2014, 06:50 PM   #51
Special Member

Mar 2012
NYC

Actually, it wasn't written for anybody in particular but Selleck WAS the first choice.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:50 PM   #52
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper View Post
Seriously, reboot Indy. I want more Indiana Jones adventures, and I think Ford is too old to play him. I want an "in his prime" Indiana Jones, not one with an AARP card collecting Social Security.
Exactly. I Love the guy but seriously, a guy in his 70's doing an Action/Adventure movie that this type of role requires? No thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Rothman View Post
That story does/says NOTHING to dispute this new story. Obviously, until the Studio or people involved (Ford, Spielberg, Lucas) say anything Concrete, it's ALL just rumors for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill_Be_Back View Post
Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones, he is still alive they can easily make 5 and 6 even though 4 was laughably bad.
Yup, plus he'll be 72 in July. Sure he's still in very good/decent shape for his age, but it's prob time to pass the torch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klauswhereareyou View Post
I don't really see where you go from here though when Harrison Ford is now in his mid-70's. The main draw of these films are the action scenes, so if he's still in the part expect even more CGI enhancements than Crystal Skull.
(see above) Almost - he'll be 72 in July.

Quote:
Would like to see Josh Holloway (of "Lost" fame) cast as the new Indiana Jones. Josh has the right talent and the look for the part.

By the way, I love Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones, but it is time for a reboot.
Much better then having an old Indy and his son take over (god that was a terrible idea).
Very good idea. He's only 44 now so he could easily do a new trilogy if the first one is successful enough. But, Bradley Cooper (39 yrs old) "is" more of a Big Name right now, so I could why he's at the top of the list, IF the story is correct.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:51 PM   #53
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2007

As for a young actor suggestion, how about Parker Young? I like to watch that show "Enlisted" and he plays a doofus on it, but he might be able to pull it off. Has that generic good looking guy with dark hair but not a pretty boy like Ashton or Leo look.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:52 PM   #54
Blu-ray Archduke

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Not this one... please... not this one.

Just leave this one be. Why can't they jus create a new character in the same style? Seriously, this one makes absolute zero sense to me. Just get the Uncharted film franchise happening already and leave it at that. It's essentially a modern Indiana Jones anyways.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #55

Nov 2007

That's correct, Indiana Jones was written with Tom Selleck in mind.

That being said, I am sure at the time, no one thought anyone could replace Sean Connery as James Bond. Sure, many people still think Connery was the best, but other actors have been very successful and added their own characterization to the role including Daniel Craig who has been an excellent James Bond.

We all love Harrison Ford, but it is time to move on.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:54 PM   #56
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
MA

Quote:
Crystal Skull is the "Phantom Menace" of the Indiana Jones series. I love Indiana Jones. I love Harrison Ford. I hate Crystal Skulls and wish it was never made.
Just for the simple fact that Ford & Karen Allen were both in it makes it better that Phantom Menace was by default.

I think a lot of the backlash for Crystal Skull really is just due to the overuse of CGI (which really was only bad in two places) and the hatred a lot of people have for Shia LeBeouf (even though I don't love him as actor, really was harmless in this). I wasn't thrilled with the storyline, but honestly seeing Indy back again and hearing that score was enough for me to overlook some of the sillier moments of the film.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:55 PM   #57

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post
Very good idea. He's only 44 now so he could easily do a new trilogy if the first one is successful enough. But, Bradley Cooper (39 yrs old) "is" more of a Big Name right now, so I could why he's at the top of the list, IF the story is correct.
I don't need a big name for Indiana Jones. I need someone who is a good actor who looks the part and has the right sense of humor. Josh Holloway could certainly pull it off. And as you said, the story is key.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:57 PM   #58
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")

Quote:
I don't need a big name for Indiana Jones. I need someone who is a good actor who looks the part and has the right sense of humor. Josh Holloway could certainly pull it off. And as you said, the story is key.
Lol - I Too do not need a big name for the character. But, you know how Hollyweird can be

Holloway can easily pull off the physicality the role requires, plus the humor. He showed these attributes on LOST & is showing it again on INTELLIGENCE.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #59
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2010
Florida

Quote:
So it's good?
Old 03-26-2014, 07:08 PM   #60

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden10 View Post
Just for the simple fact that Ford & Karen Allen were both in it makes it better that Phantom Menace was by default.

I think a lot of the backlash for Crystal Skull really is just due to the overuse of CGI (which really was only bad in two places) and the hatred a lot of people have for Shia LeBeouf (even though I don't love him as actor, really was harmless in this). I wasn't thrilled with the storyline, but honestly seeing Indy back again and hearing that score was enough for me to overlook some of the sillier moments of the film.
It was great seeing Harrison Ford in the fedora again, but once you get over that, and the music, and the nostalgia, you are left with a very bad film. The story is beyond bad. The action sequences (especially those involving Indy) are boring and unmemorable. I don't personally dislike Shia LeBeouf, but the thought of giving Indy a son was stupid (reminds me of giving Superman a son in Superman Returns). Shia's character is so universally disliked, there was no way to "father/son" dynamic was going to be fun the way it was with Connery & Ford.

The day Disney bought Lucasfilm, the first thing I got excited about was not the acquisition of Star Wars, but the acquisition of Indiana Jones. This property has not been treated properly since Last Crusade. I have no faith in Lucas anymore (especially after the Star Wars prequels and Crystal Skulls). I believe Spielberg could still direct a good Indy film as long as Lucas isn't involved in the story. The fact Disney has the property now means we could actually get some new people involved because George Lucas is washed up. As for Harrison Ford, he will always be one of my favorite actors of all time, but it is time for a new take on Indiana Jones with a new actor. For those of you who don't want to see anyone in the role, you will always have the first three original movies (and Crystal Skulls too if you are an apologist!)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies