Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The King of Braves GaoGaiGar: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$67.81
1 day ago
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$37.49

The Demon Girl Next Door 2: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: Set 14 (Blu-ray)
$31.51
1 hr ago
Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan / Broly - Second Coming / Bio-Broly (Blu-ray)
$16.83

Inu-Oh (Blu-ray)
$19.96

GATE: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99

Record of Ragnarok: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Tetsujin 28 FX: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$46.39
1 day ago
Lupin the 3rd Part I: The Classic Adventures (Blu-ray)
$45.50

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 07-30-2014, 05:39 PM   #41
Blu-ray Champion

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinthetic View Post
Americans don't pay customs. That's why his price was cheaper.

The LE is much nicer too.

[Show spoiler]

I promise I'll do something for you soon regarding this. My girlfriend has this mega fluffy fuschia blanket hahaha.
Ah yes - I keep forgetting to look to see where everyone is coming from on this forum - sorry, Naiera!

The Steins;Gate LE may be nicer, but it basically just has a bunch of useless drama CDs in it - all in Japanese. That's why I didn't bother to get the LE for that one, even though it didn't cost that much more...

And, zrdb specifically requested pink sheets, so I already oblidged him with that... although, a fuschia blanket would make a nice backdrop too - much nicer than a fake-woodgrain desktop, at least! - so we will anxiously await your next photos, Sin!

Last edited by Girls With Guns; 07-30-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Thanks given by:
Naiera (07-30-2014)
Old 07-30-2014, 07:12 PM   #42
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
Denmark

You damn yankees!
Old 07-30-2014, 07:59 PM   #43
Blu-ray Champion

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
You damn yankees!
Hey now! I don't even follow baseball...

The $46 was just the cost of the Blu-ray - If I would have ordered the S;G movie by itself, it would've cost me about $11 to ship it - so my total would then be around $57, basically the same price as for you.

Last edited by Girls With Guns; 07-30-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Thanks given by:
Naiera (07-30-2014)
Old 07-30-2014, 11:36 PM   #44
Power Member

Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls With Guns View Post
Hey now! I don't even follow baseball...

The $46 was just the cost of the Blu-ray - If I would have ordered the S;G movie by itself, it would've cost me about $11 to ship it - so my total would then be around $57, basically the same price as for you.
Just ordered the CE version myself - can't beat $56 thanks for the heads up. New from AMZ is $60 but meh.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:00 AM   #45
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Anyone have any idea if there are English subs for Seitokai No Ichizon (Student Council's Discretion)?

http://amzn.com/B00835WZ0W
Old 07-31-2014, 03:22 AM   #46
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Anyone have any idea if there are English subs for Seitokai No Ichizon (Student Council's Discretion)?

http://amzn.com/B00835WZ0W
No as per cdjapan.
Thanks given by:
Clark Kent (07-31-2014)
Old 07-31-2014, 06:08 AM   #47
Blu-ray Champion

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

I need to update the master list this weekend, have a few more titles to add that Tiberius sent me - and I need to finish adding the light-gray info after the links in the second half of the subs list. I've been a little busy here at home lately - with the nice, cooler weather we've been having, I was outside getting a lot of yard work done...
Old 07-31-2014, 01:43 PM   #48
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
UK
-
-

Quote:

The Steins;Gate LE may be nicer, but it basically just has a bunch of useless drama CDs in it - all in Japanese. That's why I didn't bother to get the LE for that one, even though it didn't cost that much more...

And, zrdb specifically requested pink sheets, so I already oblidged him with that... although, a fuschia blanket would make a nice backdrop too - much nicer than a fake-woodgrain desktop, at least! - so we will anxiously await your next photos, Sin!
Oh not really, the Drama CDs are useless but the OST is good. Also I'm always happy to pay another 10/15 for a superior Digipack.

I'm currently working on other aspects of my collection such as Criterion. But you can always see pictures (on my real wood desktop) of what I'm picking up in the non-Anime Haul Threads.

Also, you're missing Tiger & Bunny - The Rising from the English subtitled list. Both the LE and RE have them.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:06 PM   #49
Blu-ray Champion

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinthetic View Post
Also, you're missing Tiger & Bunny - The Rising from the English subtitled list. Both the LE and RE have them.
I think those are on the additional titles list I need to add this weekend...
Old 08-03-2014, 08:06 PM   #50
Banned

Jan 2014

Just ordered El Hazard: The Magnificent World OVA BD-Box LE-but only because it's #3 on my list of all time favorite series.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:45 PM   #51
Blu-ray Champion

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrdb View Post
Just ordered El Hazard: The Magnificent World OVA BD-Box LE-but only because it's #3 on my list of all time favorite series.
Woah! big-time spender, aren't we - especially after just buying CCS? And it's not even a UK edition!

Lol, so talk me into liking/getting El Hazard - what in it would I like or hate? Is it a good story, or just cutesy moe high school girlie stuff? Sounds like a lot of comedy in it... comedy, or just good humor?
Old 08-05-2014, 12:57 AM   #52
Banned

Jan 2014

Quote:
Woah! big-time spender, aren't we - especially after just buying CCS? And it's not even a UK edition!

Lol, so talk me into liking/getting El Hazard - what in it would I like or hate? Is it a good story, or just cutesy moe high school girlie stuff? Sounds like a lot of comedy in it... comedy, or just good humor?
There is a lot of humor in it but it has an excellent story and the characters are second to none, my favorites are the manical Jinnai and Mr.Fujisawa, always with a cig butt on his lip and a bottle of booze in his back pocket. Here's a summary I lifted from a long gone site-Hey, it's a world of adventure, love, drunks, lesbians, crossdressers, and an insane powerhungry type person. What's not to love!

Okay here's what happens okay... Makoto is sent to the world of El-Hazard with his teacher Mr. Fujisawa. Within a few minutes he learn that Mr.Fujisawa has super human strength when he saves Rune Venus, the princess of Roshtaria (against the evil Bugrom). They then get invited to her kingdom.

Meanwhile, the other two who have been transported to El-Hazard come to terms with their predicament. Nanami (got to love the name!) has taken up opening up her own business to get by until she meets Makoto in drag. And Jinnai (Makoto's life long rival!) has become the commanding leader for the Bugrom Empire under the rule of Queen Diva (enemy of Roshtaria)...+ the music is excellent.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:00 AM   #53
Blu-ray Champion

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

hmm, yeah, definitely would have to watch a few eps of a fansub or stream first... sounds like it would be stretching it a bit for me...
Old 08-05-2014, 02:18 AM   #54
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
Denmark

El-Hazard is one of my favourite series ever. It's not like it's a long one, so it'll only cost you money The sequel is only decent, but should be seen as well. I've never seen the TV series.

You could say it's "Tenchi in another world", but that wouldn't be fair. Dual is Tenchi and giant robots, though
Old 08-17-2014, 02:57 PM   #55
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Northern VA, USA

The Macross Frontier movie box set includes excellent English subtitles for the two features. All the physical extras (books, etc.) are also very nice.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:50 AM   #56
Expert Member

May 2011

In addition to the other titles I sent to the OP by way of email some time ago () here's another one for the English Sub & Dub list:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Season One BOX

Another title is on the way, I'm waiting for it to be approved.
Thanks given by:
Clark Kent (10-06-2014), Gokusen (03-01-2015)
Old 10-02-2014, 02:11 AM   #57
Blu-ray Champion

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
In addition to the other titles I sent to the OP by way of email some time ago () here's another one for the English Sub & Dub list:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Season One BOX

Who, me?

Sorry, I've been very busy at home, I really do need to update with the last list you sent me...
Old 10-03-2014, 08:40 PM   #58
Expert Member

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
It's up now: Jormungand Seasons 1 and 2 BOX features the English Dub, but no subs.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:23 PM   #60
Blu-ray Champion

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

Thanks, T - gonna work on updating the list some this weekend, put it off long enough.
Thanks given by:
Tiberius (10-25-2014)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime