Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99
12 hrs ago
House of Psychotic Women Rarities Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.56
17 hrs ago
The Fly Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
12 hrs ago
The Conjuring Universe 7-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
12 hrs ago
The Poison Ivy Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99

Bones and All (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 day ago
Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
7 hrs ago
48 Hrs. / Another 48 Hrs. 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Triangle of Sadness 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.54

12 Angry Men 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$83.50

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie
One Star 10 1.56%
Two Stars 20 3.12%
Three Stars 69 10.75%
Four Stars 173 26.95%
Five Stars 370 57.63%
Voters: 642. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2014, 11:29 AM   #21
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

This is the one Spider-Man will be in, if Sony's Sinister Six bombs and they work out a deal with Marvel.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:02 PM   #22
Banned

Apr 2014

I wonder if this will be the conclusion to the Marvel films before some sort of reboot. I really don't see what could top this movie?
Old 10-30-2014, 01:22 AM   #23
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
I wonder if this will be the conclusion to the Marvel films before some sort of reboot. I really don't see what could top this movie?
No reboot. After this it will focus more on the newer characters though, I'm sure. Black Panther 2, Doctor Strange 2, etc. If they do more Captain America or Iron Man movies and the like they will probably recast, which they have stated is the goal rather than rebooting.

Rebooting would be dumb.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:40 AM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
No reboot. After this it will focus more on the newer characters though, I'm sure. Black Panther 2, Doctor Strange 2, etc. If they do more Captain America or Iron Man movies and the like they will probably recast, which they have stated is the goal rather than rebooting.

Rebooting would be dumb.

I would imagine a creative, and in-continuity "reboot", but maybe more accurately "revamp" where the entire franchise moves on in new directions with the fresher characters. Agreeing with you, I absolutely don't imagine a literal, new continuity reboot occurring.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:10 AM   #25
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicman494 View Post
I would imagine a creative, and in-continuity "reboot", but maybe more accurately "revamp" where the entire franchise moves on in new directions with the fresher characters. Agreeing with you, I absolutely don't imagine a literal, new continuity reboot occurring.
I'm with both of you as well. I feel like the MCU will be a very different place post Infinity War 2, and I think there will be a creative reboot, but not a straightforward reboot of the whole MCU. Panther, Strange, the Inhumans, the Guardians, etc., will all continue on into Phase 4, 5, 6, and so on, as the years go on. Expect to see the old guard taking a back seat to the fresher faces. But not a literal reboot.
Thanks given by:
Comicman494 (10-30-2014), Thomas Guycott (10-30-2014)
Old 10-30-2014, 02:55 AM   #26

Sep 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
I'm with both of you as well. I feel like the MCU will be a very different place post Infinity War 2, and I think there will be a creative reboot, but not a straightforward reboot of the whole MCU. Panther, Strange, the Inhumans, the Guardians, etc., will all continue on into Phase 4, 5, 6, and so on, as the years go on. Expect tio see the old guard taking a back seat to the fresher faces. But not a literal reboot.
I think the marvel universe will slow down sooner or later when Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans no longer belong to it. I dont think we could see some phenomenon like this team of Avengers just like the new Batman will be forever overshadowed by Nolan's.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:58 AM   #27
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloccb View Post
I think the marvel universe will slow down sooner or later when Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans no longer belong to it. I dont think we could see some phenomenon like this team of Avengers just like the new Batman will be forever overshadowed by Nolan's.

That's mighty subjective. Don't let your opinion mix with fact. There's no objective way of proving that now or ever.
Thanks given by:
Walts Ghost (10-30-2014)
Old 10-30-2014, 02:59 AM   #28
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Quote:
Guardians of the Galaxy just made over $700M worldwide, and Marvel just unveiled nine new films. The MCU isn't slowing down any time soon. Feige has also said that actors aren't bigger than the characters, so just because some leave doesn't mean that the MCU stops. You re-cast, or have another character pick up the mantle, and you keep going. Remember, the MCU is mapped out to 2028.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:03 AM   #29

Sep 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicman494 View Post
That's mighty subjective. Don't let your opinion mix with fact. There's no objective way of proving that now or ever.
Sorry if i forgot to mention that's my opinion. Of course i may be wrong. But what is happening right now isn't normal. I mean a team of superherroes that can gross more than 700 m together but also in their own movies. I imagine future succesful movies for Marvel but nothing close to this era. I think this will be their peak.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:05 AM   #30
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Utah

Quote:
Guardians of the Galaxy just made over $700M worldwide, and Marvel just unveiled nine new films. The MCU isn't slowing down any time soon. Feige has also said that actors aren't bigger than the characters, so just because some leave doesn't mean that the MCU stops. You re-cast, or have another character pick up the mantle, and you keep going. Remember, the MCU is mapped out to 2028.
The way they have been able to build this world and write their stories, it would be pretty stupid of them to re-cast someone who is supposed to be the exact same character. It's simply not needed. For instance Cap should die, and you have someone else come in to pick up the shield. No reason to continue to keep Steve Rogers alive with a different actor other than Evans. Same goes for any other character. The comics do this all the time, and they don't have to worry about actors, so no reason for the movies to not do it.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:05 AM   #31
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Quote:
Sorry if i forgot to mention that's my opinion. Of course i may be wrong. But what is happening right now isn't normal. I mean a team of superherroes that can gross more than 700 m together but also in their own movies. I imagine future succesful movies for Marvel but nothing close to this era. I think this will be their peak.
As long as the movies have great stories to tell, and the Marvel Studios logo is in front of the film, people will continue to show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonic View Post
The way they have been able to build this world and write their stories, it would be pretty stupid of them to re-cast someone who is supposed to be the exact same character. It's simply not needed. For instance Cap should die, and you have someone else come in to pick up the shield. No reason to continue to keep Steve Rogers alive with a different actor other than Evans. Same goes for any other character. The comics do this all the time, and they don't have to worry about actors, so no reason for the movies to not do it.
They've done it before. Ruffalo, Cheadle, and Levi have all been recasts of characters previously in the MCU. So, as long as it's done correctly, you won't really care. Look at it as a new artist taking over and bringing a new look to universe. I'd rather they have new characters pick up the mantles, but the characters aren't defined by the actors, the actors are defined by the characters. As long as someone shows up and gives a great performance as any character, we'll accept it.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:17 AM   #32
Blu-ray Prince

Sep 2008

Quote:
Do you believe there will be no repercussions with regards to a possible retirement of RDJ, Evans, and Hemsworth from their roles?

GOTG was an amazing film that Gunn absolutely delivered. Wonderfully marketed and had a very strong word of mouth.

I am most interested in how Ant-Man performs. It will most likely really benefit from Ultron's goodwill.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:17 AM   #33
Blu-ray Prince

Sep 2008

Quote:
As long as the movies have great stories to tell, and the Marvel Studios logo is in front of the film, people will continue to show up.

They've done it before. Ruffalo, Cheadle, and Levi have all been recasts of characters previously in the MCU. So, as long as it's done correctly, you won't really care. Look at it as a new artist taking over and bringing a new look to universe. I'd rather they have new characters pick up the mantles, but the characters aren't defined by the actors, the actors are defined by the characters. As long as someone shows up and gives a great performance as any character, we'll accept it.
I'd take Norton and Howard over Ruffalo and Cheadle. But that's my opinion.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:24 AM   #34
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruswarrior View Post
Do you believe there will be no repercussions with regards to a possible retirement of RDJ, Evans, and Hemsworth from their roles?

GOTG was an amazing film that Gunn absolutely delivered. Wonderfully marketed and had a very strong word of mouth.

I am most interested in how Ant-Man performs. It will most likely really benefit from Ultron's goodwill.
I think as long as the stories are good, and Marvel brings great films to the screen, much like with Guardians, people will show up. I mean, some may not be terribly happy if the recasts happen, but as long as the film delivers and the person is good in the film, I think that audiences will be more than forgiving about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruswarrior View Post
I'd take Norton and Howard over Ruffalo and Cheadle. But that's my opinion.
I liked Norton and Howard both, but I go the other way, I think the other two are more fun in the roles. But maybe it's just because we've seen them longer, but I feel like Cheadle and Downey, Jr. play off each other better, and Ruffalo just fits the team better than Norton. But all the actors were good in their roles.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:28 AM   #35
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Utah

Quote:

It depends on the character. And those ones you mentioned were different cases. I'm talking more on the actors' deals ending. Norton did one movie and no one was really invested in the MCU yet, and plenty of people still cared. At this point, I would definitely care if they got someone else as Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, the current Thor, or even Bruce Banner as I would just find it ridiculous to change him again at this point. Others would definitely care too based on the characters.

I'm saying they have more freedom with their success to do whatever they want with the stories. I'd also find it pathetic if they don't have the balls to kill off major characters.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:39 AM   #36
Blu-ray Prince

Sep 2008

Quote:
I think as long as the stories are good, and Marvel brings great films to the screen, much like with Guardians, people will show up. I mean, some may not be terribly happy if the recasts happen, but as long as the film delivers and the person is good in the film, I think that audiences will be more than forgiving about it.

I liked Norton and Howard both, but I go the other way, I think the other two are more fun in the roles. But maybe it's just because we've seen them longer, but I feel like Cheadle and Downey, Jr. play off each other better, and Ruffalo just fits the team better than Norton. But all the actors were good in their roles.
You can't know that Ruffalo fits in better because we never saw Norton with the whole crew lol. I actually like Rhodey's chemistry with Tony in IM better than IM2/3.

I tend to agree, but they will be hard pressed to get a better Stark than RDJ if they choose to recast.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:45 AM   #37
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2013

In Phase IV, RDJ, Evans, and Hemsworth may leave, but we still have Rudd, Ruffallo, Pratt, Diesel (presumably twice over), Saldana, Cooper, Boseman, Cumberbatch, and more to be announced.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:52 AM   #38
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
In Phase IV, RDJ, Evans, and Hemsworth may leave, but we still have Rudd, Ruffallo, Pratt, Diesel (presumably twice over), Saldana, Cooper, Boseman, Cumberbatch, and more to be announced.
Exactly. So, we don't exactly need these characters all the time anyways. Many of these characters to begin with weren't big names to the public. Characters like Iron Man and Thor are only up there with the likes of Batman and Spider-Man today because of these movies. You make more movies with different characters, and they have the chance to get to bigger status too, to where you don't even need an Iron Man in a future Avengers or whatever movie have they go on past the current slate.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:39 AM   #39
Banned

Apr 2014

I am pretty sure people will be sick of super-heroes by the time Infinity War 2 is over.

These fads don't last forever. The DC and all of their movies will over saturate the market and people will be sick of these movies by then IMO.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:16 AM   #40
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
BC, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
I am pretty sure people will be sick of super-heroes by the time Infinity War 2 is over.

These fads don't last forever. The DC and all of their movies will over saturate the market and people will be sick of these movies by then IMO.
Wrong. This is not a fad at all. No more so than dramas or comedies or any other genre movies. Comic movies have become a genre, and they will be around for years to come.
Thanks given by:
Forever Knight (10-30-2014)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies