Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Three Colors 4K (Blu-ray)
$87.49
14 hrs ago
Plane 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.07
22 hrs ago
Westworld: Season Four 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.49
4 hrs ago
Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.99

The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 (1983-1993) (Blu-ray)
$80.99

Spoiler Alert (Blu-ray)
$22.96
15 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Shazam! 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
1 day ago
Three Thousand Years of Longing (Blu-ray)
$16.09
12 hrs ago
Heart of Dragon (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Halloween Ends (Blu-ray)
$17.96
6 hrs ago
Nobody (Blu-ray)
$6.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie
One Star 10 1.56%
Two Stars 20 3.11%
Three Stars 70 10.89%
Four Stars 173 26.91%
Five Stars 370 57.54%
Voters: 643. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2014, 10:38 AM   #41
Banned

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
Wrong. This is not a fad at all. No more so than dramas or comedies or any other genre movies. Comic movies have become a genre, and they will be around for years to come.
I don't see them being as popular forever.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:06 AM   #42
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Wrong. This is not a fad at all. No more so than dramas or comedies or any other genre movies. Comic movies have become a genre, and they will be around for years to come.
While this is true that doesn't mean they'll be popular enough to sustain 6+ blockbuster releases a year for 10 years, which is the current plan of these studios. Like the Western in the 50s the genre is here to stay, but might fade from the massive limelight it currently enjoys.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:10 AM   #43
Banned

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
While this is true that doesn't mean they'll be popular enough to sustain 6+ blockbuster releases a year for 10 years, which is the current plan of these studios. Like the Western in the 50s the genre is here to stay, but might fade from the massive limelight it currently enjoys.
Yeah this.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:05 PM   #44
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2011
Toronto, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Forever Knight Send a message via MSN to Forever Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Forever Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
I don't see them being as popular forever.
You mean like how comics are still not popular among COMIC fans?

This arc that Marvel has done has generated a new interest to keep things going. It's not like a standalone hero film doing sequels, this is legit arc.

I don't know about you but I want to look at my Blu-ray collection in 2020 and literally see Iron Man 1-Infinity War II and think to myself... **** YES.
Thanks given by:
shdl83 (03-23-2015)
Old 10-30-2014, 07:24 PM   #45

Feb 2013

While I don't doubt that comic book movies in general will become less-than popular, the genre will never die. If any of the franchises could survive it, is the MCU.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:27 PM   #46
Banned

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
You mean like how comics are still not popular among COMIC fans?
Yeah this has nothing to do with what I said. Comics have always been popular with comic fans. Comic book movies have not always been popular with the general audience.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:54 PM   #47
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009

The Russo Brothers have signed on to direct Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 and 2.

SOURCE: http://badassdigest.com/2015/03/23/t...-infinity-war/
Thanks given by:
Sean B. (10-04-2018)
Old 04-16-2015, 09:27 PM   #48
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
According to Bleeding Cool (who tend to be a little hit and miss with scoops, but do have a good track record), Daredevil and his fellow Defenders will make their big screen debuts in Avengers: Infinity War - Part Two. There's no details on whether that will be a cameo appearance or something more, but Marvel will clearly pull out all the stops for the movie. By 2019, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist will have more than likely had starred in at least a couple of seasons each, not to mention The Defenders. Could an appearance in Avengers: Infinity War - Part Two lead to them getting solo movies in "Phase 4"? I'd say it's definitely possible! In other news, the site also mentions that Agent Carter is "75%" confirmed for a second season. Stay tuned for more.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:33 PM   #49
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

Hmm. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Cage, and Iron Fist involved in a cosmic level fight? A, this isn't the comics, and B, they'll have enough characters as it is.

I suppose "an appearance" could just be what it says - an appearance - instead of big roles, like maybe things are going down on Earth and we see them protecting their neighborhoods. Guess we'll have to wait and see, but I think the Defenders might be left out of it.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:55 PM   #50
Banned

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBlu View Post
Hmm. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Cage, and Iron Fist involved in a cosmic level fight? A, this isn't the comics, and B, they'll have enough characters as it is.

I suppose "an appearance" could just be what it says - an appearance - instead of big roles, like maybe things are going down on Earth and we see them protecting their neighborhoods. Guess we'll have to wait and see, but I think the Defenders might be left out of it.
Didn't read Infinity Gauntlet? Street level characters were shown trying to protect their neighborhoods.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:04 PM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
Didn't read Infinity Gauntlet? Street level characters were shown trying to protect their neighborhoods.
Yes, I've read it. That's why I said the movies aren't the comics. I doubt Spider-Man will be beat to death wit ha rock, for example.

I just don't see why they would bother to show them in the movie when they could just show the Defenders dealing with the situation in their own shows.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:13 PM   #52
Banned

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBlu View Post
Yes, I've read it. That's why I said the movies aren't the comics. I doubt Spider-Man will be beat to death wit ha rock, for example.

I just don't see why they would bother to show them in the movie when they could just show the Defenders dealing with the situation in their own shows.
Would be a cool cameo.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:20 PM   #53

Jun 2011
-
-

I hope they throw in as many characters as possible in true Infinity Gauntlet fashion
Old 04-17-2015, 12:11 AM   #54
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2008
Kentucky

I've thought from the beginning that it would be Avengers, Defenders, Strange, GoTG, and now probably Quake from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. defending the world in the last movie. Just a huge battle with everyone that has been in the MCU coming together.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:53 PM   #55
Banned

Jul 2012
Northeast Corridor

Avengers: Infinity War Movies to Shoot for Nine Months.

Chris Evans believes that both parts of Avengers: Infinity War will shoot back to back over a nine-month period.

Evans spilled the beans in an interview with Esquire, which also confirms his Captain America character will survive Captain America: Civil War to make it to the third Avengers movie.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment...ptain-america/
Thanks given by:
Sean B. (10-04-2018)
Old 04-28-2015, 07:46 PM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2012
Isla Nublar

This is going to be beyond epic.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:40 PM   #57
Blu-ray Knight

May 2010

Quote:
I agree that they're not a fad but I disagree that they're their own genre.

When you get down to it, they would all be considered Action films for the most part.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:31 PM   #58
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Fad is definitely the right word. Think of Westerns. They were THE Hollywood staple for years and years and then eventually faded from prominence. They still get made for sure, but they don't rule the big release roost anymore. Comic book movies are super popular right now, but they won't be forever. Eventually they will fade from prominence, though they'll still be made.

Honestly other than the X-Men stuff I am getting kind of tired of them already, so I really hope they slow down a bit after this Infinity War/JLA stuff is done.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:06 AM   #59
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Does anyone have any guesses how or what kind of battle the Avengers will have against Thanos? Does anyone think Thanos will be using a combinations of mindf*ck illusions and monsters and nightmares to battle them? If Marvel listens to their fans, they cant really have Thanos have another cgi army to fight the Avengers. And so far, who are Thanos' potential goons in these final movies? I can only think of Nebula. I dont know if Marvel has the balls to put Mistress Death in the movie. It would be awesome if they did because that's what makes Thanos unique - his desire to destroy the universe is revolved around a love story with Death. He has no desire to rule the universe - he just wants love in an epic f*-uped way.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:35 AM   #60
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2008

I'm not quite sure as I didn't read the comics but....it be interesting if he used all the previous villains to help.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies