Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Bullet Train (iTunes)
$4.99
5 hrs ago
Stanley Kubrick: 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$34.99
5 hrs ago
A24 Pack (iTunes)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
Tr (iTunes)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
Kubrick: 3-Film Collection (iTunes)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
The Woman King (iTunes)
$7.99
5 hrs ago
Blade Runner 3-Film Collection (iTunes)
$14.99
6 hrs ago
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (iTunes)
$6.99
5 hrs ago
Titanic (iTunes)
$9.99
6 hrs ago
Deadpool 2-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
6 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (iTunes)
$7.99
6 hrs ago
The Matrix: 4-Film Dj Vu Collection (iTunes)
$24.99
5 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 02-28-2017, 04:57 AM   #41
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCFan View Post
Does Stephen King's It blu-ray work for in-store D2D? It does not get recognized by the home D2D software.
The 1990 DVD Disc shows up, but no Blu-ray. So it probably won't convert in store either.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:59 AM   #42

Feb 2017
-

Has anyone had success with D2D for all the discs from the "X-Men and The Wolverine Collection" BD set? The last disc is The Wolverine, but it isn't recognized by the software even though The Wolverine is listed multiple times in the vudu D2D listing.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:18 AM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeStandMan151 View Post
Has anyone had success with D2D for all the discs from the "X-Men and The Wolverine Collection" BD set? The last disc is The Wolverine, but it isn't recognized by the software even though The Wolverine is listed multiple times in the vudu D2D listing.
Just because it is listed does not mean it will work at home. Wolverine might be from around the time they stopped keeping up with new releases. I don't think there is a working disc for that movie.

Buy it off the forum.
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...e#post13290021

Last edited by Greyman; 03-01-2017 at 01:50 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:05 AM   #44

Feb 2017
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyman View Post
Just because it is listed does not mean it will work at home. Wolverine might be from around the time they stopped keeping up with new releases. I don't think there is a working disc for that movie.

Buy it off the forum.
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...e#post13290021
Interesting, and thank you for the reply. Does that mean that even if the movie is listed as available in the D2D search on the vudu website and in the D2D at home software, sometimes it just isn't actually supported by the at-home D2D (i.e. you have to do it in-store at walmart instead)?
Old 03-02-2017, 05:35 AM   #45

Apr 2015

Quote:
Interesting, and thank you for the reply. Does that mean that even if the movie is listed as available in the D2D search on the vudu website and in the D2D at home software, sometimes it just isn't actually supported by the at-home D2D (i.e. you have to do it in-store at walmart instead)?
There are a number of discs that the in-home D2D software either doesn't recognize at all or identifies as the wrong movie. You can see a fairly extensive list here:

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...Mapping-Issues

For those titles you have to take the disc in to a Walmart location (and miss out on the 50% off if you're doing more than 10 at a time).
Thanks given by:
TreeStandMan151 (03-03-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 02:03 PM   #46
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:

New releases from the past few years will not work at home as a general rule.
You can find a list of titles that work at this page:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...i1SlXg/pubhtml
Thanks given by:
TreeStandMan151 (03-03-2017)
Old 03-23-2017, 06:29 PM   #47
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...62#post1299562
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelipeF
Can I visit a Walmart Store to convert my discs to digital?

After April 1, 2017, we will no longer be offering In-store conversion. But you don't need it anyway now that you can convert In-app starting today! Converting via our app or Vudu To Go saves you time and a trip.

Disc to Digital FAQs

https://vudu.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/189/
Old 03-25-2017, 10:05 PM   #48

Oct 2011
What are you a cop?

Quote:
Exactly, and now that option is going away, plus they have removed the ability to add any titles to your in-store conversion library to get them done quickly in-store before they shut it down on April 1st, 2017. I spot checked a few other titles for example Paranormal Activity (1) the T.E. is available via the App but not the Alternative version - this required going in to the store to get it. Same with several other titles that have... or soon to be HAD unrated/extended options that the mobile app doesn't recognize or give the option for. I know it's early in the Mobile App days but it makes ZERO sense for them to remove the finally working well in-store option before the mobile app was battle tested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyman View Post
I know he was just copying and pasting the text from the FAQ but that is a FARKING JOKE!!! And not the kind that makes me happy, warm, and all fuzzy inside.

The new mobile D2D app, while it does break down the 2013 wall (only (9) working 2013 eligible titles wall and none since then) it has massive movie title gaps in the UPC database. If they tested this at all in the wild they did not give it to the right people. As a test I took the last 15 eligible titles that I converted instore (because they could not be done at home) and 6 of the 15 titles that were done in store did not work via this new app. With movies that have multiple UPCs their are issues as well. I found earlier versions of movies (Blu-rays) that didn't work - ie UPC was not in their data base, while a newer version of it that I bought was correctly in their system.

Hopefully, the UPC database is being done in-house by someone(s) that can and is growing the database and that this was just a misguided early release version. If they handle it like they handled rarely ever updating/fixing the many VuduToGo PC program's Gracenote fingerprint problems this will be very disappointing app. I am glad to have newer titles access (the rest of 2013 and newer eligible titles as long as they are actually entered into the UPC database) but we already had that and much more with the in-store system that had most of the bugs worked out of it.

Last edited by DA1745; 03-25-2017 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:16 PM   #49

Oct 2011
What are you a cop?
Default Here is a New thread started by REX for the Missing UPC database D2D titles

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...31#post1299931
Old 03-25-2017, 10:40 PM   #50

Oct 2011
What are you a cop?

Quote:
I know you asked this prior to the Mobile App release. But that disc was too new to have been included for the VuduToGo disc program, as mentioned above it was eligible in-store.

I checked the app and the single Wolverine (BR....) case is working, UPC is 024543833123 or 024543876663 for the 3D version.
The 6 movie collection would not work of course in-store or with the mobile app because you can't D2D bundle conversions; yes I checked just to see if it would recognize anything, it did not. But at least you still have a pathway for that movie to get added besides a digital code. No extended version though as that was an in-store only eligible unless you can get them to add it to your account instore w/o doing the pre-cart loading list part you are supposed to do at home. Of course their is also buying the extended version outright for just $14 ( - old Eddie Murphy "what a bargain, that is a bargain for me...")

Last edited by DA1745; 03-25-2017 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:08 PM   #51
Power Member

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA1745 View Post
makes ZERO sense for them to remove the finally working well in-store option before the mobile app was battle tested.
keep in mind, not all walmart stores did d2d conversions. some stores never adopted the system and other stores shuttered their photo departments.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:08 AM   #52

Oct 2011
What are you a cop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p w View Post
keep in mind, not all walmart stores did d2d conversions. some stores never adopted the system and other stores shuttered their photo departments.
Yes, but perhaps you are misunderstanding what I am saying. I'm not saying the app shouldn't have been added, if it actually worked how they appear to think it was going to (I would be over the moon - I said else where prior to actually getting my hands on it to test it, that I hadn't been this excited since X-Mas as a kid) ---> I'm simply saying unlike the rosy optimism of the VUDU FAQ:
-
"Can I visit a Walmart Store to convert my discs to digital?

After April 1, 2017, we will no longer be offering In-store conversion. But you don't need it anyway now that you can convert In-app starting today! Converting via our app or Vudu To Go saves you time and a trip. "

That is far from the reality.
If the app didn't have an extensive list of missing UPCs it would be the bees knees. The fact that they broke down the 2013 wall for home use is a small celebration but I want what we have already. The full catalog of eligible titles to be available as it is in-store. So said another way it was premature of them to get rid of the in-store regardless of which stores had it available until this app was ready to actually replace it. The three services could have co-existed until the app was proven successful. They announced the mothballing of the In-store service on the same day as they released the app. Giving just about a 7 day notice and effectively shutting it down immediately because the ability to actually add/really use it for those remaining days is severely hindered. They did this with no foresight it would seem to have even considered the possibility that this new app MIGHT, just might not be 100% or even remotely close to that right out of the gate.
A brand new app shouldn't be expected to be 100%, but that is why you beta test it with competent people (if they did that at all) and you don't burn down the existing D2D service that is actually reliable. If the UPC database was really ready for prime time or even close, and not in actuality really no better than an early beta as far as the data base is concerned I'd be very happy right now.

I like analogies. I don't live in a city so I need a vehicle to reliably get me to and from. Vudu just said here, you don't need your super reliable car anymore because this new car will replace it, I'm skeptical because the last car they offered won't drive on streets made after 2013 and it had a long list of problematic titles that VUDU said we'll contact you when a mechanic is in your area but they never did.... So I was skeptical but still very excited.
I get in the replacement car and take it for a test drive only to find out turning the key only starts this replacement car about ~50+% of the time but that's OK according to Vudu because on April 1st your old car will self destruct.

With this late in the week roll out (when the Vudu forum liaisons/moderators go bye bye) no one has been around to say relax we are aware of our large missing UPC problem and will be aggressively working to build it to the same standards as in store as quickly as possible sorry we didn't address that right away (LOL as if). We don't yet know who is running or in charge of the UPC database and whether they will actually be taking the growing list seriously (as I pointed in reference to before their awful track record with VuduToGo @ home database holes run by Gracenote).
I wouldn't say anything if I didn't really want this to be a success. This has the potential to be great and hopefully down the road it will come closer and closer to a human signing off on one of many different versions of a film, but until then this was a bad roll out of a new app.

Last edited by DA1745; 03-26-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:56 PM   #53

Feb 2017
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA1745 View Post
I know you asked this prior to the Mobile App release. But that disc was too new to have been included for the VuduToGo disc program, as mentioned above it was eligible in-store.

I checked the app and the single Wolverine (BR....) case is working, UPC is 024543833123 or 024543876663 for the 3D version.
The 6 movie collection would not work of course in-store or with the mobile app because you can't D2D bundle conversions; yes I checked just to see if it would recognize anything, it did not. But at least you still have a pathway for that movie to get added besides a digital code. No extended version though as that was an in-store only eligible unless you can get them to add it to your account instore w/o doing the pre-cart loading list part you are supposed to do at home. Of course their is also buying the extended version outright for just $14 ( - old Eddie Murphy "what a bargain, that is a bargain for me...")

Thanks for the update - I was thinking about trying it with the new mobile app, but now I know the answer!
Old 03-28-2017, 07:05 AM   #54

Oct 2011
What are you a cop?

Quote:
Thanks for the update - I was thinking about trying it with the new mobile app, but now I know the answer!
So on the Vudu thread that was created for the new mobile app here on Blu-ray.com IIRC and didn't dream it, someone said they got Wolverine the Extended Edition to come up by scanning some version of Logan?!? I'd have to go back and re-read or have them or see if maybe someone else wrote out the exact UPC they used.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:45 PM   #55
Banned

Mar 2017

I'm new to the digital copy thing and opened a Vudu account about a month ago. I'd like to convert my DVDs to be on Vudu but cannot figure out this phone app. :/
Old 04-03-2017, 12:17 AM   #56
Special Member

Aug 2012
Archbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuduMan View Post
I'm new to the digital copy thing and opened a Vudu account about a month ago. I'd like to convert my DVDs to be on Vudu but cannot figure out this phone app. :/
On iOS (assuming Android is similar), Open app ---> tap the three horizontal lines (top left) ---> scroll down to Disc to Digital and select ---> tap Scan Barcode ---> follow onscreen instructions. Otherwise need more specifics on what won't work.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:38 AM   #57

Mar 2012
USA

Taking away the ability to take in your Blu-rays & DVDs is the biggest mistake VUDU has made. Their stupid APP through the phone is limited to 100 titles per year. Are you kidding me, what a joke! I do 100 titles on a weekend. So now I'm back to dragging out my Blu-ray/DVD burner player hooked up to my laptop. That wouldn't be so bad except 8 out of 10 discs are not recognized. I gave up wasting my time with trying to use the ridiculous "VUDUToGo" a long time ago. What a waste of time. I don't even care if they had a 50% off price for 10 or more discs (which is gone now anyways) This was to me the most frustrating thing to do to get your D2D copies. Now I'm supposed to take pictures of the front & back of every Blu-ray and DVD case submit it to VUDU and then wait for them to open my E-mail. One time I sent an E-mail about a problem, it took them 14 days to open & view my E-mail before I got a response. Now I'm dreading the hassles I'm going to have to go through using the "VUDUToGo". I guess I'll have to get on the phone everyday and say hey did you get the 50 pictures I sent in for the 25 Eligible Blu-rays I want to add to my D2D VUDU library where the "VUDUToGo" doesn't work? What about the other 50 pictures I sent in yesterday? Hey since I got you on the phone I got another 50 pictures front & back cases I was going to send in tomorrow for another 25 Eligible Blu-rays. I can foresee this is going to be a huge problem. VUDU needs to bring back the in store D2D conversions!
Old 04-21-2017, 03:19 PM   #58

Dec 2015
Lubbock, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJReal View Post
Taking away the ability to take in your Blu-rays & DVDs is the biggest mistake VUDU has made. Their stupid APP through the phone is limited to 100 titles per year. Are you kidding me, what a joke! I do 100 titles on a weekend. So now I'm back to dragging out my Blu-ray/DVD burner player hooked up to my laptop. That wouldn't be so bad except 8 out of 10 discs are not recognized. I gave up wasting my time with trying to use the ridiculous "VUDUToGo" a long time ago. What a waste of time. I don't even care if they had a 50% off price for 10 or more discs (which is gone now anyways) This was to me the most frustrating thing to do to get your D2D copies. Now I'm supposed to take pictures of the front & back of every Blu-ray and DVD case submit it to VUDU and then wait for them to open my E-mail. One time I sent an E-mail about a problem, it took them 14 days to open & view my E-mail before I got a response. Now I'm dreading the hassles I'm going to have to go through using the "VUDUToGo". I guess I'll have to get on the phone everyday and say hey did you get the 50 pictures I sent in for the 25 Eligible Blu-rays I want to add to my D2D VUDU library where the "VUDUToGo" doesn't work? What about the other 50 pictures I sent in yesterday? Hey since I got you on the phone I got another 50 pictures front & back cases I was going to send in tomorrow for another 25 Eligible Blu-rays. I can foresee this is going to be a huge problem. VUDU needs to bring back the in store D2D conversions!
Taking into account that you can add up to 5 "family members" to the same UV library, 100 (MD2D) limit is not that bad .
Old 05-02-2017, 09:07 PM   #59
Special Member

Oct 2007
The state of confusion

The sharing with up to 5 family members is the whole reason I switched from iTunes to VUDU. The 100 movie limit per year stinks, but I understand why they do it. 250 per year limit would be much better.

Now we all have to pray that Walmart never pulls the plug on VUDU. It's scary how many UV services have already gone under.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:48 PM   #60
Power Member

Dec 2008
Arizona

I agree with JJReal. I wish that VUDU would bring back the option to do In-Store conversions. I burned through my 100 conversions on M2D in less than a month and (like JJReal) now have to rely on my laptop's Blu-ray drive to do any conversions - which frequently fails to recognize the movie
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)