Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Army of Darkness (iTunes)
$4.99
12 hrs ago
The Menu (iTunes)
$9.99
4 hrs ago
I Know What You Did Last Summer (iTunes)
$4.99
12 hrs ago
Red Rocket (iTunes)
$4.99
12 hrs ago
Fantastic Beasts 3-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
12 hrs ago
Kingdom of Heaven (iTunes)
$4.99
12 hrs ago
The Worst Person in the World (iTunes)
$4.99
12 hrs ago
Commando (iTunes)
$4.99
12 hrs ago
Shaun of the Dead (iTunes)
$4.99
12 hrs ago
Pulp Fiction (iTunes)
$6.99
12 hrs ago
Thor 4-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$34.99

Some Like It Hot (iTunes)
$4.99
12 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 08-07-2017, 04:38 PM   #81

Jul 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevea2be View Post
That's kind of like saying that the warning in the beginning of all those VHS tapes where for the store's also. The warnings are all there for the customer not the business's who have signed legal agreements to sell those products. Remember the digital version of the movie is complimentary according to the movie studios.
Dude if you can't sell codes why would the fourm be letting you sell them on here anyway? If the studios really cared they would take someone to court which I am pretty sure hasn't happened.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:40 PM   #82

Aug 2016
Korova Milk Bar

Here is Ultraviolet's response when I asked them directly.

Hello,
Thank you for contacting UltraViolet Customer Support.
Regrettably, UltraViolet redemption codes are not for resale. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us, is there anything else we can do to assist you today?
UltraViolet CustomerCare
https://www.myuv.com/
ForFrequentlyAskedQuestions
https://www.myuv.com/en/faq
Old 08-08-2017, 02:29 AM   #83
Special Member

Jul 2012
-
-
-

UV is welcome to its opinion but it's only an opinion. Studios issue codes, not UV. And given the First Sale Doctrine there's not really a lot the studios can do once a code has been sold.

Of course, if a studio doesn't honor a resold redemption code the buyer would have to take the studio to court to get it resolved. And the buyer would have to claim damages and the studio would claim it's complimentary and therefore has no cost. But nobody's going to take a studio to court over a code and the studios don't sue the companies that resell codes so...
Thanks given by:
DA1745 (11-19-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 05:41 AM   #84
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

OK, kind of coming into the middle of this one and trying to figure out what is going on? I usually redeem my UV digital copies directly through VUDU. Has this new VUDUToGo putting a kabosh on that? I definitely don't get the whole "Selling your digital copies is immoral" train of thought
Old 09-01-2017, 01:09 AM   #85

Jun 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
I definitely don't get the whole "Selling your digital copies is immoral" train of thought
The issue is splitting

If you purchase a combo pack you get a Blu Ray + digital copy
You can sell the PACK (both Blu Ray & digital copy) to someone else
Keeping the Blu Ray and selling the digital copy basically studio has sold 1 movie but 2 people now OWN the movie

If digital rights expired (eg UV was like a rental) it would not be an issue, but because once you enter the code you own it there is an issue
Old 09-07-2017, 11:42 AM   #86

Mar 2012
USA
Default VUDU Says.........Where's Your Receipt?

Since we are on the subject of "Disc-To-Digital" I just wanted to tell members here who have already redeemed your maximum 100 titles for the phone APP and now have no choice but to use the Unlimited "VUDU-To-Go".

You may run into problems with using the Unlimited "Vudu-To-Go" where it does not recognize your Blu-ray/DVD titles. (Always was a problem) Before it was not an issue submitting VUDU's required pictures that is the case front and back plus the Disc & The Voucher Code. The problem now is that they want a RECEIPT (picture). I don't know about you but I have been buying BDS since 2006. I did not save my receipts from back then. There are thousands of ineligible titles for the "VUDU-To-Go". I always thought eventually, I would be able to add them to my Digital Library. Looks like Wal-mart/VUDU are in no hurry to fix recognition issues with "VUDU-To-Go" add at home do it yourself.

Bottom line, ring up your Blu-ray/DVD purchases individually. Tuck those receipts in with the move cases. You will have the proof of receipt they NOW require down the road years from now when you run into problems with Disc Recognition Issues. Oh, by the way saying its a gift will not get your title added to your Digital Library. Nope, been there.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:05 AM   #87

Aug 2013

the disc-to-digital service is no longer available on the iOS/iPhone app

EDIT: I discovered that if you have an iPhone then just go to vudu.com/disc on the Safari web browser app and you can convert your discs that way.. so all is well in the world again

Last edited by DeeEmAych; 03-24-2018 at 06:13 AM.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:57 PM   #88

Aug 2016
Korova Milk Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeEmAych View Post
the disc-to-digital service is no longer available on the iOS/iPhone app

EDIT: I discovered that if you have an iPhone then just go to vudu.com/disc on the Safari web browser app and you can convert your discs that way.. so all is well in the world again
Besides, that's only like 10% of the worlds phones.

Old 03-24-2018, 02:46 PM   #89
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
San Jose, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipnet View Post
Besides, that's only like 10% of the worlds phones.
Yeah, but it's about 35% of the phones in the US, which is Vudu's market.

The removal of the feature from the app is very strange. Wonder what that is all about. Perhaps they want to simplify things for themselves by offering only a web-based system rather than maintaining multiple apps?
Old 03-24-2018, 08:02 PM   #90

Nov 2012
-
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiffy View Post
Yeah, but it's about 35% of the phones in the US, which is Vudu's market.

The removal of the feature from the app is very strange. Wonder what that is all about. Perhaps they want to simplify things for themselves by offering only a web-based system rather than maintaining multiple apps?
Not strange at all. Apple takes a 30% cut (or so) from any in-app purchase. Vudu doesn't want to give up that 30%. In my opinion, it's actually a very reasonable solution by Vudu from both a business standpoint and user experience.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:14 PM   #91
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
San Jose, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba111 View Post
Not strange at all. Apple takes a 30% cut (or so) from any in-app purchase. Vudu doesn't want to give up that 30%. In my opinion, it's actually a very reasonable solution by Vudu from both a business standpoint and user experience.
I thought they sidestepped this by only using the app to scan the barcodes, but then having the user log in to the Vudu web page to make the actual purchase? This does not involve an in-app purchase.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:21 PM   #92
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiffy View Post
I thought they sidestepped this by only using the app to scan the barcodes, but then having the user log in to the Vudu web page to make the actual purchase? This does not involve an in-app purchase.
This is correct, they did not have in app purchases on the iPhone. They moved to safari mobile to streamline checkout. Itís in the Vudu blog.

https://blog.vudu.com/convert-disc-t...phone-browser/

Quote:
Now iPhone users can get a more seamless Disc to Digital experience by converting from your iPhone browser at vudu.com/disc.

The process is pretty much the same as before, only you start and end on your iOS browser. Meaning no more waiting for an email, and then clicking on the email to get to your iOS browser. Basically, no more back and forth. Just a seamless, one-stop experience for converting your Blu-ray and DVDs to digital movies. Just look for the Convert Disc button and start converting.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:37 PM   #93

Nov 2012
-
-
-
-
-
-

Yes - I now realize I wasn't answering the question you were asking.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:17 AM   #94

Oct 2011
What are you a cop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuyWhoLovesMovies View Post
Dude if you can't sell codes why would the fourm be letting you sell them on here anyway? If the studios really cared they would take someone to court which I am pretty sure hasn't happened.
I know this was posted a while back but just for historical context. Disney did take Redbox to Federal court in what is likely to be ROUND 1 and the judge ultimately dismissed Disney's argument but didn't not rule this a 1st Sale Doctrine protected sale. So it leaves the door open for a few other arguments to be made should hey choose to go again. It's more like WHEN than if...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)