Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

The Wire, The Complete Series (iTunes)
$39.99
10 hrs ago
Buddy Comedy Pack (iTunes)
$19.99

Black Adam (iTunes)
$12.99

Waterworld (iTunes)
$4.99

One Tree Hill: The Complete Series (iTunes)
$29.99
10 hrs ago
Chainsaw Man (iTunes)
$4.99
9 hrs ago
Watchmen, Season 1 (iTunes)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Series (iTunes)
$49.99
10 hrs ago
You, Seasons 1-3 (iTunes)
$9.99
9 hrs ago
Must-Watch Comedy 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Must-Watch Classics 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)

Old 09-04-2018, 09:47 PM   #261

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloggs View Post
I never had an issue redeeming on Flixster via VPN until recently. I recently tried to redeem Alex & Me Canadian code via VPN and after login, it recognized that it was US Flixster account and would not redeem. I created a CA Flixster account but it seems my UV is messed up and it would not let me connect to my UV.

Has anyone else had the same experience?
Had the exact same issue about two months ago. I ended up creating a new Flixster account too, then opened a new UV locker through that new account and merged my previous UV to the new one.

It was a pain to get every service up and running with the new locker again, but it did the trick.
Thanks given by:
jbloggs (09-10-2018), p w (03-24-2019)
Old 09-07-2018, 06:28 PM   #262
Special Member

Aug 2014
Texas

I'm trying to redeem a couple of UK codes, but I can't even get to the redeem page. Is Flixster having issues? Anyone else?
Old 09-17-2018, 12:05 AM   #263
Expert Member

Feb 2018

Update from universal redeem for uv titles :

There has been a change to our digital copy service in Canada. Starting with all titles released on August 7th, 2018, your digital redemption option will now be Google Play instead of Flixster.

You can access your Google Play movies through the Google Play website, the Google Play Movies & TV app on your Android and iOS devices, and the Google Play app on some smart TVs. An active Google Play account is required for redemption. Google Play does not support UltraViolet (UV) codes.

I redeemed a 4k codes from the new jurassic world. The movie ported on Ma and vudu. Only concern I got an hd rights no uhd rights. With olders code before the change I was able to redeem 4k code directly to ma or vudu i got 4k rights ! Shame to universal !
Old 09-17-2018, 01:06 AM   #264
Expert Member

Feb 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by papamarg View Post
Is this regarding new titles or are older titles affected too?
Only new titles. Like, upgrade, fallen kingdom etc...
Old 10-03-2018, 12:49 AM   #265
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessetmath View Post
Update from universal redeem for uv titles :

There has been a change to our digital copy service in Canada. Starting with all titles released on August 7th, 2018, your digital redemption option will now be Google Play instead of Flixster.

You can access your Google Play movies through the Google Play website, the Google Play Movies & TV app on your Android and iOS devices, and the Google Play app on some smart TVs. An active Google Play account is required for redemption. Google Play does not support UltraViolet (UV) codes.

I redeemed a 4k codes from the new jurassic world. The movie ported on Ma and vudu. Only concern I got an hd rights no uhd rights. With olders code before the change I was able to redeem 4k code directly to ma or vudu i got 4k rights ! Shame to universal !
So do you need a Canadian google play account to redeem or can you use a US google play account?
Old 10-03-2018, 01:48 AM   #266
Expert Member

Feb 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze View Post
So do you need a Canadian google play account to redeem or can you use a US google play account?
You need a Canadian google play account. The movie will port after on moviesanywhere and other providers.
Thanks given by:
zeze (10-03-2018)
Old 03-09-2019, 02:15 PM   #267
Special Member

Jan 2013

So I redeemed a breaking bad complete code from UK, all of the episodes ported but oddly on Vudu for 2 episodes for Season 4, 9 and 13 they have created a separate sublisting for those two episodes alone and they do not show up in the season listing properly.

In a separate issue three episodes of batman animated series didn't port right.

For Vol 1. 15,16, and 23.
The episodes ported to vudu but under the super villains listing ALID and in SD.
Where as the same episodes in the Vol 1 listing are asking me to buy. I asked vudu to fix but I doubt they can.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:00 PM   #268
Power Member

Oct 2014

breaking bad complete series was always a screwed up code because of sony/vudu. they did a quick fix where the 3 affected episodes got their own system issued patch secondary code.

justified complete series is another code like this. 2 of the seasons in that get a reissued system code to fix them on vudu.
Thanks given by:
lokie56 (03-09-2019)
Old 03-09-2019, 10:59 PM   #269
Special Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by p w View Post
breaking bad complete series was always a screwed up code because of sony/vudu. they did a quick fix where the 3 affected episodes got their own system issued patch secondary code.

justified complete series is another code like this. 2 of the seasons in that get a reissued system code to fix them on vudu.
So if I ask vudu they will issue me some code for breaking bad?

You think they can fix Batman TAS? I have them in HD in my UV locker.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:17 AM   #270
Power Member

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokie56 View Post
So if I ask vudu they will issue me some code for breaking bad?

You think they can fix Batman TAS? I have them in HD in my UV locker.
breaking bad complete series creates 2 codes inside uv. 1 of those codes is the system patch vudu and sony made years back to fix the fact that main code is 3 episodes short.

as for batman tas, contact vudu if you arent getting tas in hd, they have a long list for that and warner is updating those codes for vudu.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:57 AM   #271
Special Member

Jan 2013

Anyone know if Better Call Saul s2 and s3 import to Vudu via UK?
Old 03-23-2019, 06:05 PM   #272
Special Member

Jan 2013

Can anyone confirm if the Bourne 4K Collection codes from the UK will port now.

I know in the past for Bourne Identity you had to get Flixster CS to add the other ALID, I am hoping that they have consolidated the issue for the 4K release and that it will redeem under the US eligible ALID.

The list in OP posts seem to indicate that Bourne 1 alone was having issues, but the Bourne Trilogy from the UK ports.

Only thing that concerns me is that the code for the 4K set is 1 code per movie, and not like a 5 pack redeem like the trilogy code redeem.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:09 PM   #273
Power Member

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokie56 View Post
Can anyone confirm if the Bourne 4K Collection codes from the UK will port now.

I know in the past for Bourne Identity you had to get Flixster CS to add the other ALID, I am hoping that they have consolidated the issue for the 4K release and that it will redeem under the US eligible ALID.

The list in OP posts seem to indicate that Bourne 1 alone was having issues, but the Bourne Trilogy from the UK ports.

Only thing that concerns me is that the code for the 4K set is 1 code per movie, and not like a 5 pack redeem like the trilogy code redeem.
keep in mind, given the age of the original reports of a code working or not working can change with newer codes. some studios switched code formats from 12 digits to 16 digits. so a code with with X amount of digits might work for exporting to services whereas a newer code might not. most of the information in the original posts, which i maintained, should be considered "legacy" at this time. ie: obsolete or on the verge of becoming obsolete. as studios dropped UV support inside the usa and maintained it outside of the usa, those studio codes lost their ability to import/export from the usa. while other studios switched code setups from 12 to 16 character length. the newer codes also had a different alid at times. generally were only good for 1 redeem across all services (as opposed to multiple copies via splitting) and could be geolocked in a way the original uv codes were not.

and come 08/01/19 this thread will serve no use as a resource.
Thanks given by:
lokie56 (03-24-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 02:46 AM   #274
Special Member

Jan 2013

Welp I took a 10 GBP risk and bought the Bourne set code from UK and a code for John Wick 2.

The Bourne set would have transferred. (dunno about identity still) but they UK 4K set codes only redeem in HD

And John Wick 2 redeemed but under the WB release and as such won't transfer out either. 0/2 today, oh well. Will probably just give away the codes.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:36 PM   #275

Mar 2017
Germany

I redeemed many German, UK and French codes. As far as I can remember, only Warner and Sony codes ported UHD to Vudu and MA and of course, you have to check, if Warner/Sony is the distributor in UK and US - otherwise they won't port at all.
Thanks given by:
crackedknee (03-27-2019), p w (03-26-2019)
Old 04-03-2019, 01:48 PM   #276
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013

I was on the look out for Bourne as well. I imported a copy of Bourne in 4K from Canada in the hopes that they'd transfer UHD UV rights via Flixster. But good news bad news.

Bad News
The code sheet was missing so I had to ask support for another copy
They issued me new codes but when I tried to redeem via Flixster turns out their were just HD copies, and did not redeem because I already had them in HD. (Dunno if that means the code from the set would have been HD to begin with)

Good News
They work in the US without the need for a VPN (I don't know if this is all universal titles from Canada)
So I just redeemed via iTunes and got the 4K that way, but of course without the UV rights.
The codes are still valid for a US Vudu redeem or Flixster Canada Redeem (get UV rights in Canada)

Probably gonna give them away on the forum soon since I have no use for HD versions and since I'm pretty sure nobody will trade for them.
Thanks given by:
lokie56 (04-03-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 04:10 AM   #277
Power Member

Oct 2014

As a reminder:

UV Dies on 07/31/19. Make sure you have your UV account linked to all service providers available in your country. You will keep your films!

Flixster dies on 10/31/19. This is the main provider for everyone outside of the USA. Most of your UV titles will be ported to your Google Play account.

Last edited by p w; 06-18-2019 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:18 PM   #278

Feb 2015
Scotland

Just noticed that my UK UV of Pacific Rim: Uprising appeared in my Vudu account. Was released after Universal stopped giving UV to films in the US so is very strange. Is this happening with other Uni titles?
Old 06-20-2019, 11:36 PM   #279
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamzoOG View Post
Just noticed that my UK UV of Pacific Rim: Uprising appeared in my Vudu account. Was released after Universal stopped giving UV to films in the US so is very strange. Is this happening with other Uni titles?
I can't remember the exact list, but yes, a few, with Pacific Rim Uprising being one of those.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:00 AM   #280

Feb 2015
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedknee View Post
I can't remember the exact list, but yes, a few, with Pacific Rim Uprising being one of those.
Know where I can track down the list?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)