Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The King of Braves GaoGaiGar: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$67.81
1 day ago
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$37.49

The Demon Girl Next Door 2: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: Set 14 (Blu-ray)
$31.51
1 hr ago
Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan / Broly - Second Coming / Bio-Broly (Blu-ray)
$16.83

Inu-Oh (Blu-ray)
$19.96

GATE: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99

Record of Ragnarok: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Tetsujin 28 FX: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$46.39
1 day ago
Lupin the 3rd Part I: The Classic Adventures (Blu-ray)
$45.50

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 03-06-2016, 05:12 PM   #21

Feb 2016
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Yeah, I'm still hoping we get movies 4-7 dubbed on DVD soon. Now that the seasons are out I'm still hoping they will give us the rest of the movies. Besides Our War Game all my favorites are unreleased. Huge fan of Revenge of Diaboromon and the Tamer movies.

I can maybe see Tri getting a BD release depending on who get's it but not seasons 1-4 or the first movie.
I wish the movies 4-7 would get a DVD release. Does Disney still own the rights to the movies 4-7? I have found a Disney XD Premier video for the tamers movie that is on Video Disney site and it is in English but I don't know what country it is for.

Well at the end of 2016 3 of the 6 Tri movies would have been released so we might get some news in the summer about a English release I hope.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:30 PM   #22
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai View Post
I wish the movies 4-7 would get a DVD release. Does Disney still own the rights to the movies 4-7? I have found a Disney XD Premier video for the tamers movie that is on Video Disney site and it is in English but I don't know what country it is for.

Well at the end of 2016 3 of the 6 Tri movies would have been released so we might get some news in the summer about a English release I hope.
Not sure actually who owns the rights anymore or if it's still Disney as they gave up Fusion rights.

I was also thinking that a company might release it after the first 3 movies air and give us a part 1 boxset with movies 1-3 and than wait for 4-6 to air and give us a final part 2 box. Maybe Funimation or someone.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:03 PM   #23

Feb 2016
London, UK

I just don't know who owns rights to the dub. According to animenewsnetwork Saban re-bought the rights to Digimon in 2012 but does that mean they own the rights to Tri? I assume they just own the rights to the dub and not the subs.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:40 PM   #24
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
I just don't know who owns rights to the dub. According to animenewsnetwork Saban re-bought the rights to Digimon in 2012 but does that mean they own the rights to Tri? I assume they just own the rights to the dub and not the subs.
Right now no one owns rights to the dub. Crunchroll and Hulu have streaming rights but as of now no one owns home video or dub rights for Tri. Saban Entertainment owns the rights for seasons 1-4 and Fusion and Disney/Toei owns Savers (Data Squad)
Old 03-06-2016, 07:54 PM   #25

Feb 2016
London, UK

We will have to wait and see who decides to pick it up then.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:54 PM   #26
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
We will have to wait and see who decides to pick it up then.
I'm hoping Funimation as they are the only ones I see actually picking it up. I don't see Nick doing it and I believe Bandai is out of the anime game.

Funimation will give us a good release and a BD as well. I can see Nick airing it in parts like what Crunchroll does. Funi would keep the movies intact as they are.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:47 PM   #27

Feb 2016
London, UK

Quote:
I'm hoping Funimation as they are the only ones I see actually picking it up. I don't see Nick doing it and I believe Bandai is out of the anime game.

Funimation will give us a good release and a BD as well. I can see Nick airing it in parts like what Crunchroll does. Funi would keep the movies intact as they are.
I hope it does not air on Nick as it wont be the same as the Japanese version. I can see them editing it if it airs on Nick to be honest.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:51 PM   #28
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
I hope it does not air on Nick as it wont be the same as the Japanese version. I can see them editing it if it airs on Nick to be honest.
I don't think they've edited Fusion that much. Not 100% sure and I've only seen one part of Tri's first movie but it didn't seem like anything Nick would need to edit. Then rest could get worse though but I have no idea.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:12 AM   #29
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2007
California

Here's a good page to kind of get an idea on some of the edits that were made for the edited version that was shown on Nicktoons and The CW's Vortexx for Digimon Fusion.

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/threa...5337521/page-2
Old 03-07-2016, 11:17 AM   #30

Feb 2016
London, UK

So I think I rather have a direct to home media release to be fair then. To be fair Tri is aimed at the older fans.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:53 AM   #31
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
So I think I rather have a direct to home media release to be fair then. To be fair Tri is aimed at the older fans.
I could maybe see Funimation trying a small limited run with the first movie to see what they make/popularity but any other company would be direct to video.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:30 AM   #32
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2007
California

I hope for a re-release of the old original Digimon movie. It could even be released as a tie-in to Tri.

GKids is another possibility of releasing theatrically.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:43 AM   #33
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
I hope for a re-release of the old original Digimon movie. It could even be released as a tie-in to Tri.

GKids is another possibility of releasing theatrically.
That would be awesome.
Old 03-13-2016, 03:45 PM   #34

Feb 2016
London, UK

Digimon Tri Movie 2 is now on crunchyroll and movie 3 should be out in September. Still hope we get an announcement for an English release this year.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:16 PM   #35
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Voice actor Jeff Nimoy confirmed on his official Twitter account on Tuesday that he will reprise his role as Tentomon in an upcoming English-dubbed version of the Digimon Adventure tri. anime. He added that he will not direct the dub, as he has done for multiple Digimon series in the past.

The Digimon Adventure tri. project, which celebrates the 15th anniversary of Digimon Adventure (the first entry in the series), will have a total of six films. While the anime's human characters have a completely different Japanese voice cast from the original Digimon Adventure, the Digimon partners feature the same Japanese cast.

The second film, Digimon Adventure tri. Ketsui (Determination), opened in Japan on March 12 for a three-week run in theaters in Japan. Crunchyroll began streaming the film as four episodes on March 11. The first film, Digimon Adventure tri. Saikai (Reunion), opened in Japanese theaters last November, and Crunchyroll began streaming the film on the same day as four episodes.

The third film, Digimon Adventure tri. Kokuhaku, will open in Japan for three weeks on September 24, and will be available for paid streaming in Japan on the same day. The Blu-ray Disc of the film will be on sale at theaters on the same day, and the general release on Blu-ray Disc and DVD will be on November 2.

Thanks to Rukiia for the news tip.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:18 PM   #36
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

YES!!

Now I really hope we get a BD release of this. Just wonder how they'll do it. Boxset with movies 1-3 and than 4-6? TV airing first?
Old 06-29-2016, 05:51 PM   #37
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Film distribution company Eleven Arts and Toei Animation announced on Wednesday that they will release an English language version of Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 1: Reunion in theaters in the United States. The companies will hold a two-day Fathom Events series in more than 300 US cities in September, followed by a national theatrical release in major cities in October.

Voice actor Jeff Nimoy previously confirmed over Twitter that he would reprise his role as Tentomon for the English dub.

The Digimon Adventure tri. project, which celebrates the 15th anniversary of Digimon Adventure (the first entry in the series), will have a total of six films. While the anime's human characters have a completely different Japanese voice cast from the original Digimon Adventure, the Digimon partners feature the same Japanese cast.

The first film, Digimon Adventure tri. Saikai (Reunion), opened in Japanese theaters last November, and Crunchyroll began streaming the film on the same day as four episodes. The second film, Digimon Adventure tri. Ketsui (Determination), opened in Japan on March 12 for a three-week run in theaters in Japan. Crunchyroll began streaming the film as four episodes on March 11.

The third film, Digimon Adventure tri. Kokuhaku, will open in Japan for three weeks on September 24, and will be available for paid streaming in Japan on the same day. The Blu-ray Disc of the film will be on sale at theaters on the same day, and the general release on Blu-ray Disc and DVD will be on November 2.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:52 PM   #38
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Will be there for sure. Now a BD release seems even more likely.

Really hope this means we can finally get movies 4-7 on DVD.

Last edited by detective392; 06-29-2016 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:20 AM   #39
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Film distribution company Eleven Arts announced some of the voice actors for the English dub of the Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 1: Reunion anime film on Monday. The list will update weekly.

Mona Marshall as Izzy
Jeff Nimoy as Tentomon, Kabuterimon
Cristina Vee as Meiko Mochizuki
Kate Higgins as Meicoomon

In addition, voice actress Colleen O'Shaughnessy hinted last Thursday that she is also working on the English dub. O'Shaughnessy previously voiced the character Sora Takenouchi in the original Digimon Adventure anime, as well as other Digimon anime.

Marshall and Nimoy are reprising their roles in the English dub as Izzy and Tentomon, respectively. Both voiced their respective dubs in the English dub of the original Digimon Adventure anime.

Eleven Arts and Toei Animation will release the English language version of Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 1: Reunion in theaters in the United States as a one-night Fathom Events screening in more than 300 theaters on September 15. It will be followed by a national theatrical release in major cities.

The first film, Digimon Adventure tri. Saikai (Reunion), opened in Japanese theaters last November, and Crunchyroll began streaming the film on the same day as four episodes. The second film, Digimon Adventure tri. Ketsui (Determination), opened in Japan on March 12 for a three-week run in theaters in Japan. Crunchyroll began streaming the film as four episodes on March 11.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...iggins/.104167
Old 07-14-2016, 11:39 AM   #40

Feb 2016
London, UK

Quote:
Will be there for sure. Now a BD release seems even more likely.

Really hope this means we can finally get movies 4-7 on DVD.
I really want a new boxset with all the movies in it including Digimon The Movie.

When they release Tri. on blu-ray I hope they do a collectors edition or something along the lines.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime