Best Anime Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The King of Braves GaoGaiGar: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$67.81
1 day ago
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$37.49
 
The Demon Girl Next Door 2: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan / Broly - Second Coming / Bio-Broly (Blu-ray)
$16.83
 
Inu-Oh (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
GATE: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99
 
Lupin the 3rd Part I: The Classic Adventures (Blu-ray)
$45.50
 
Record of Ragnarok: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
Tetsujin 28 FX: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$46.39
1 day ago
City Hunter: Movie & TV Special Collection (Blu-ray)
$46.39
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2017, 02:15 AM   #41
Ginzy Ginzy is offline
New Member
 
Oct 2008
30
Default

Anybody know if this is region free?
I know the cover says region A but that doesnt really mean much. Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:43 PM   #42
Roonan Roonan is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Roonan's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
-
-
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Draculi View Post
Super makes it impossible for the 10 years later stuff to now exist.
How?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:33 PM   #43
mzupeman mzupeman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
mzupeman's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Upstate New York
383
1658
173
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginzy View Post
Anybody know if this is region free?
I know the cover says region A but that doesnt really mean much. Thanks


Since it's a Funi release, I highly doubt it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:45 AM   #44
Vlad Draculi Vlad Draculi is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2014
567
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roonan View Post
How?
Pan is supposed to be 4 and even states this during her fight in the tournament. Bra is 3. Oob is 10.

However, Super makes it so in order for Oob to be 10, Pan would have to be 8 and Bra 7. Thus, they both contradict each other so there is no way it could exist at all.

BTW, can I say that I hate how the subs are using the English names for the characters and attacks? What happened to them using their proper names?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:55 PM   #45
mzupeman mzupeman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
mzupeman's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Upstate New York
383
1658
173
7
Default

Just realized... the Battle of Gods saga is 14 eps... so why is this set only 13?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:14 PM   #46
Vlad Draculi Vlad Draculi is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2014
567
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzupeman View Post
Just realized... the Battle of Gods saga is 14 eps... so why is this set only 13?
Same reason why Resurrection F is episodes 15-27 but the set is 14-26.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:15 PM   #47
mzupeman mzupeman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
mzupeman's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Upstate New York
383
1658
173
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Draculi View Post
Same reason why Resurrection F is episodes 15-27 but the set is 14-26.


I'm assuming "because FUNi" is the answer here. Figured.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:07 AM   #48
Vlad Draculi Vlad Draculi is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2014
567
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzupeman View Post
I'm assuming "because FUNi" is the answer here. Figured.
Yep, but now rumor has it Sony has just bought Funimation, which means if you had an issue with them before, things are going to get worse from here on out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:43 PM   #49
mzupeman mzupeman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
mzupeman's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Upstate New York
383
1658
173
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Draculi View Post
Yep, but now rumor has it Sony has just bought Funimation, which means if you had an issue with them before, things are going to get worse from here on out.

Lovely.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:36 PM   #50
tvshowlova tvshowlova is offline
New Member
 
Sep 2012
Default

Dragonball Super part two is up for pre order on amazon
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:35 PM   #51
Poya Poya is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Poya's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
NY, NY
1
2
9
Default

So sad what happened to Chris. His Frieza always reminded me of LittleKuriboh's rendition, which is awesome. We're losing a lot of great people in the industry this year. Andrea Romano is retiring, June Foray passed away, Rob Paulson may not ever voice again due to throat cancer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:32 PM   #52
MOONPHASE MOONPHASE is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
MOONPHASE's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
California
8
507
813
18
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poya View Post
So sad what happened to Chris. His Frieza always reminded me of LittleKuriboh's rendition, which is awesome. We're losing a lot of great people in the industry this year. Andrea Romano is retiring, June Foray passed away, Rob Paulson may not ever voice again due to throat cancer.
Wally Burr passing away from having multiple strokes http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...s-away/.119527
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:28 AM   #53
mzupeman mzupeman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
mzupeman's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Upstate New York
383
1658
173
7
Default

Jeez. A lot of terrible news about the passing of certain celebs this year. I almost can't stand it anymore.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:10 AM   #54
Vlad Draculi Vlad Draculi is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2014
567
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poya View Post
So sad what happened to Chris. His Frieza always reminded me of LittleKuriboh's rendition, which is awesome. We're losing a lot of great people in the industry this year. Andrea Romano is retiring, June Foray passed away, Rob Paulson may not ever voice again due to throat cancer.
Whoa, what? I didn't hear about Rob Paulson. That sucks. I met him two years ago and he was awesome, especially as he kept talking to Maurice in Pinky's voice at the autograph table.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Poya (08-02-2017)
Old 08-06-2017, 09:19 AM   #55
LordCrumb LordCrumb is offline
Moderator
 
LordCrumb's Avatar
 
May 2009
New Zealand
4
375
2961
109
12
67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Draculi View Post
Pan is supposed to be 4 and even states this during her fight in the tournament. Bra is 3. Oob is 10.

However, Super makes it so in order for Oob to be 10, Pan would have to be 8 and Bra 7. Thus, they both contradict each other so there is no way it could exist at all.

BTW, can I say that I hate how the subs are using the English names for the characters and attacks? What happened to them using their proper names?
I've only just started to watch my Blu-Ray set, but Goku still comes up as Son Goku, along with Beers, Kaio, Tenshinhan, Yamucha, Kuririn, Kaioshin, Boo and Turtle Hermit Sama

Last edited by LordCrumb; 08-06-2017 at 09:43 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:10 PM   #56
MOONPHASE MOONPHASE is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
MOONPHASE's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
California
8
507
813
18
25
Default

I don't know if it's because of how much I have viewed the dub through Toonami, VHS and DVD, but sometimes I get kind of lost as to who is who and what attack they are using. I like to have the Dubbed voices with the Subtitles turned on to kind of compare the 2.

But in series like this that have names changed and other minor things changed for who knows why in the Dub, that when I am doing my comparing I just have to do the connect the dots of every change that was made.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:23 AM   #57
Vlad Draculi Vlad Draculi is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2014
567
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
I've only just started to watch my Blu-Ray set, but Goku still comes up as Son Goku, along with Beers, Kaio, Tenshinhan, Yamucha, Kuririn, Kaioshin, Boo and Turtle Hermit Sama
I'm referring to the subtitles on Crunchyroll. That's good to hear that the BDs have proper subs.

Although, Roshi and Beerus are the proper names...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:10 AM   #58
LordCrumb LordCrumb is offline
Moderator
 
LordCrumb's Avatar
 
May 2009
New Zealand
4
375
2961
109
12
67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
I don't know if it's because of how much I have viewed the dub through Toonami, VHS and DVD, but sometimes I get kind of lost as to who is who and what attack they are using. I like to have the Dubbed voices with the Subtitles turned on to kind of compare the 2.

But in series like this that have names changed and other minor things changed for who knows why in the Dub, that when I am doing my comparing I just have to do the connect the dots of every change that was made.
Ha, that's how I generally view my Anime the first time round! Like you say, it's a good way to compare them.

When I first viewed Dragon Ball, that's how I did it, and then it made me review the series in Japanese. So far Dragon Ball is the only one from the franchise (excluding new eps of Super) that i've viewed completely in it's original language.

The audio quality of the Japanese Z has always put me off listening to it completely.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:06 PM   #59
Vlad Draculi Vlad Draculi is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2014
567
2
Default

See, for Z, I can only watch it in Japanese. I hate the crappy script as they would make comments when there weren't supposed to be comments, and then I just flat out hate Linda's Freeza and Sabat's Vegeta.

For Kai, I prefer the dub because it stays closer to the original script, Sabat lost the over the top scruffy sound for Vegeta, and Chris Ayres is just as good as Nakao for Freeza. It also doesn't help that the Japanese actors (especially for King Kai and Vegeta) sound way too old to be those characters anymore.

I'm not as bothered by them in Super (well I hate King Kai's voices in Super) I think because they are supposed to be older that I can let it slide. The same goes for Battle of Gods and Resurrection F. I can do those movies in either language.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:21 PM   #60
MOONPHASE MOONPHASE is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
MOONPHASE's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
California
8
507
813
18
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Draculi View Post
See, for Z, I can only watch it in Japanese. I hate the crappy script as they would make comments when there weren't supposed to be comments, and then I just flat out hate Linda's Freeza and Sabat's Vegeta.

For Kai, I prefer the dub because it stays closer to the original script, Sabat lost the over the top scruffy sound for Vegeta, and Chris Ayres is just as good as Nakao for Freeza. It also doesn't help that the Japanese actors (especially for King Kai and Vegeta) sound way too old to be those characters anymore.

I'm not as bothered by them in Super (well I hate King Kai's voices in Super) I think because they are supposed to be older that I can let it slide. The same goes for Battle of Gods and Resurrection F. I can do those movies in either language.
Well I always thought it was awesome that King Kai and Goku are the same English voice actor Sean Schemmel considering how different they sound. They don't sound anything alike.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:42 PM.