Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Old (iTunes)
$4.99

Thor 4-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$34.99

Bullet Train (iTunes)
$4.99

Doctor Strange 2-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$14.99

Captain America Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99

Iron Man Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99

Where the Crawdads Sing (iTunes)
$4.99

Unbreakable (iTunes)
$4.99

Fight Club (iTunes)
$4.99

Glass / Split 2-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$9.98

Stanley Kubrick: 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$34.99

Kubrick: 3-Film Collection (iTunes)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)

Old 07-14-2017, 02:05 AM   #21
Special Member

Oct 2007
The state of confusion

Ha. All this talk scares me because I've invested nearly a thousand dollars into digital movies here in the US to think that all of those movies could suddenly disappear and be inaccessible.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:42 PM   #22

Jun 2017
Somwhere out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfree432 View Post
Ha. All this talk scares me because I've invested nearly a thousand dollars into digital movies here in the US to think that all of those movies could suddenly disappear and be inaccessible.
I doubt it will last forever. That's why I never just get the digital copy if I have an option.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:10 AM   #23
Power Member

Feb 2013
Edmonton, AB

Well, I've been having some downloading issues trying to put movies on my phone using the Cinemanow app. I would get error messages. I finally logged on my computer to check my account settings, and the cinemanow player on the browser is for streaming TV and movies and other stuff? I have the desktop player and it loads my library, but can't play anything back, it's says I'm offline. Also the disc to digital tab is completely gone. I had a number of titles I was still going to add that I hadn't gotten around to yet. But just reading about the UV situation and maybe it's a good thing I haven't spent any more money on it?

I was going through my Scorsese digital collection and almost everything except Taxi Driver and the Departed I have on iTunes and UV. I had to watch Taxi Driver on the Flixster app last week, and I was hoping I'd be able to download Departed on cinemanow. Looks like that won't be happening? The flixster app works okay if you are going to watch a movie without pausing or stopping. But even if it's downloaded, and you stop it, the movie starts at the beginning. When it was still under the flixster banner it had a resume feature (which didn't always work, or it would glitch and freeze). But when it went to flixster video they got rid of the resume option. I watch movies on my phone during breaks at work or when I'm doing chores around the house, so I'm watching in chunks of 10-20 minutes at a time. It's frustrating to always have to search for the spot I left off, and the control on the time bar is extremely sensitive. If you don't lift your finger off carefully it'll jump 5 minutes one direction or another.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:07 AM   #24

Jan 2013

For those having issues with Inferno and Underworld: Blood Wars, contact Sony. I had the same issues with those two and The Magnificent Seven. I contacted Sony after the first 2 didn't show up in my UV locker and got nowhere. They said they added them again and nothing happened. After going back and forth for a week I gave up. When Underworld didn't show up either I contacted them again and they fixed it properly. Same thing, deleted them from my account, then re-added them. Only took a few minutes with the right person helping me.

Kong: Skull Island is UV only in Canada. I redeemed it fine, no issues. My buddy redeemed it and can watch it in Flixster on his iPad, but can't "cast" it to his TV. All the other movies in his account will "cast" just fine. Weird. Just another flaw I guess.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:09 PM   #25
Expert Member

Dec 2011
Ontario, Canada
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmckinl View Post
Hello all:

Redeemed my digital copy for Logan yesterday, and was intrigued to find that the only two options offered were iTunes (my preferred format) and Google Play.
FYI just now redeemed 'Alien: Covenant' from Fox and was presented with only these two options once again. When it comes to UV in Canada, Fox has most definitely left the building...
Old 08-24-2017, 07:20 PM   #26

Aug 2016

I was prompt in April that my 55” Samsung Smart TV would not longer support YouTube. And as of June it is gone! TV was maybe five years old (no more). So a product I purchased and Youtube was a huge deciding factor is now gone. I have over 150 movies/tv shows in my FLIXSTER account. Should I be concerned that one day this library that I purchased and built will be gone too?
Old 08-24-2017, 07:35 PM   #27
Expert Member

Dec 2011
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Shrek View Post
Should I be concerned that one day this library that I purchased and built will be gone too?
I've been monitoring a thread started this week which has reported that Flixster Video has shut down operations in the US. I don't know where you are located, but if you're American it sounds like you'll need to use VUDU from here on out to access your UV library.

EDIT: here's the thread -- https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=295748
Old 08-24-2017, 07:56 PM   #28

Aug 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmckinl View Post
I've been monitoring a thread started this week which has reported that Flixster Video has shut down operations in the US. I don't know where you are located, but if you're American it sounds like you'll need to use VUDU from here on out to access your UV library.

EDIT: here's the thread -- https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=295748

Thanks for your response. I am in Canada. Was watch Game of Thrones on Flixster last night so OK for now. My concern is that my library can no longer be accessed. Moving forward if my Flixster library can be moved over to VUDU (which I have never used) I am OK
Old 08-24-2017, 08:58 PM   #29
Expert Member

Dec 2011
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Shrek View Post
Moving forward if my Flixster library can be moved over to VUDU (which I have never used) I am OK
Allegedly Flixster video in non-US markets is not going anywhere at least for now: we don't have VUDU here in Canada, sadly (it sounds like UV is an entirely different/better experience with VUDU), so Flixster is pretty well the only Canuck option at present. Although, if studios other than Fox also cease offering a UV option for digital copy in the Great White North, I'll start getting nervous about the future support of UV playability here...

EDIT: regarding your 'Flixster library', provided all those titles are UV, any other service (present or future) which you link to your UV account will theoretically permit access to all the same titles, even though Flixster is the vehicle through which you redeemed the titles and currently access them. In other words, you wouldn't have to 'move' your library so much as choose a different viewer for it. I say 'theoretically', though, because one of the many complaints about UV is how libraries are somewhat inconsistent across viewers (e.g. a title viewable on VUDU isn't viewable on Flixster; Cinemanow has a different version of the film than VUDU, etc.).

Last edited by bdmckinl; 08-24-2017 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:43 PM   #30

Aug 2016

Thank you for your input!! Very helpful!!
Old 08-24-2017, 11:20 PM   #31

Mar 2013
Ontario, Canada

Flixster might be the worst possible provider I've ever seen. Seriously, if you're in Canada and are in the UV ecosystem, get yourself a Getflix subscription and sign up for Vudu. All your UV Flixster titles will port over. I look at my Flixster account and just laugh. Half are unavailable for playback. Fox dropped UV support in Canada. Lionsgate titles get distributed by studios that only give out iTunes copies. You're better off with iTunes if you can't get Vudu set up.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:19 PM   #32

Jan 2017

I invested heavily in Ultraviolet and if it fails, I never will put my trust in another technology. Nor will many others, so they will just go back to ripping DVDs again I assume? There is also no guarantee that other formats like Google Play will stick around. I think the media companies want us all to subscribe to streaming services so they can get a steady income stream and probably still charge us extra for anything premium (popular), as well as monitor our spending habits, target us with ads and sell our data. I was (and already have) willing to spend good money on UV and dreamed of a fully joined up service that I could not only access anywhere, but cold also search, categorize, upgrade titles to HD and beyond, maybe even sell unwanted films or gift them to another user? The income opportunities would have been endless. Surely, they cannot just junk the worldwide population of UV users and trash their entire collections? Hopefully, there will be an amnesty to align yourself with Google or somebody else and merge your collections? If not, it will be a very bad day for the digital media industry.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:18 PM   #33

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinster11569 View Post
I invested heavily in Ultraviolet and if it fails, I never will put my trust in another technology. Nor will many others, so they will just go back to ripping DVDs again I assume? There is also no guarantee that other formats like Google Play will stick around. I think the media companies want us all to subscribe to streaming services so they can get a steady income stream and probably still charge us extra for anything premium (popular), as well as monitor our spending habits, target us with ads and sell our data. I was (and already have) willing to spend good money on UV and dreamed of a fully joined up service that I could not only access anywhere, but cold also search, categorize, upgrade titles to HD and beyond, maybe even sell unwanted films or gift them to another user? The income opportunities would have been endless. Surely, they cannot just junk the worldwide population of UV users and trash their entire collections? Hopefully, there will be an amnesty to align yourself with Google or somebody else and merge your collections? If not, it will be a very bad day for the digital media industry.

Maybe I'm not getting you correctly but I'll try. Google play isn't a format but a store front like Vudu, Itunes...Amazon...UV is a digital rights locker that all the storefronts were suppose to join, but didn't except for Vudu, and a few little providers. Are you using Vudu to access your movies? I am also heavily invested in UV. Iv'e also made 95% of my purchases and redemptions directly thru Vudu just in case other retailers would continue to refuse to join. In the end I think we will be safe. The idea of UV will be implemented, perhaps under a different name, less user friendly features? but I don't think we will just be out, to many people using it imo.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:46 PM   #34
Expert Member

Dec 2011
Ontario, Canada
Canada

Anyone else getting a 'synchronization error' with Flixster video today when attempting to access their collection? I'm in Canada and using the Mac desktop app.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:10 PM   #35

Jul 2008
Vancouver, BC

I tried to redeem captain underpants and was presented with only the Google Play option yesterday,

Anybody else???

I was rather unhappy only having the itunes option but now dropping it to Google Play only?!!!
Old 09-13-2017, 09:30 PM   #36
Expert Member

Dec 2011
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smadawho View Post
I tried to redeem captain underpants and was presented with only the Google Play option yesterday
Very worrisome indeed. I'll live if UV bites it in Canada (I only have 20 digital titles unique to UV), but I'll be supremely pissed if iTunes is dropped for digital copies too .
Old 09-13-2017, 10:08 PM   #37
Expert Member

Dec 2012
Oshawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smadawho View Post
I tried to redeem captain underpants and was presented with only the Google Play option yesterday,

Anybody else???

I was rather unhappy only having the itunes option but now dropping it to Google Play only?!!!
This has happened to a couple of Fox codes recently. Give it a couple of days and it should have iTunes.
Thanks given by:
bdmckinl (09-14-2017), Smadawho (10-14-2017)
Old 09-30-2017, 09:44 PM   #38

Dec 2009
Canada

Ultraviolet is pretty bad here in Canada atm and I'm really concerned for its future... on flixster some titles arbitrarily redeem in sd & supports response is "some titles don't offer hd playback" - my (paraphrased) response to why GoT S3 didn't have hd playback even when every other season does, also some movies have weird aspect ratio's... aaaand, some movies don't offer playback altogether. I'm really not impressed with the service. Cinemanow was great but with them gone now, I think I might end up reverting back to itunes.

The reason I made the switch to UV originally was because itunes dc's only reedemed in SD & I wanted to have movies on my phone... but now that itunes is offering HD DC's for newer blu's I might switch back as I can get over not having copy's for my phone. I'm not getting an iphone lol.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:01 PM   #39

Dec 2006

sorry so what is the option to redeem UHD code in Canada without going through VPN? Really wish google movie is a viable option since they will probably last longer than any other service, I don't even mind if I don't have the hardware to playback UHD DV atm with google movie but as long as I get access to them in the future.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:01 PM   #40
Expert Member

Dec 2011
Ontario, Canada
Canada

“Your movies together at last.” Unless you don't live in the US. Which renders the service name, "Movies ANYWHERE" quite an irritating irony...

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news...ng-1202587915/

Since this reads as The Beginning of the End for UV...Everywhere, I certainly hope Disney's new service expands to Canada before UV curls up its toes here .
Thanks given by:
Bad_Deal_Assassin (10-24-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)