Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

The Wire, The Complete Series (iTunes)
$39.99
9 hrs ago
Buddy Comedy Pack (iTunes)
$19.99

Black Adam (iTunes)
$12.99

Waterworld (iTunes)
$4.99

One Tree Hill: The Complete Series (iTunes)
$29.99
9 hrs ago
Chainsaw Man (iTunes)
$4.99
9 hrs ago
Watchmen, Season 1 (iTunes)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Series (iTunes)
$49.99
9 hrs ago
You, Seasons 1-3 (iTunes)
$9.99
9 hrs ago
Must-Watch Comedy 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Must-Watch Classics 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 02-21-2018, 11:29 PM   #21
Expert Member

Oct 2006

Is there any device out there that plays 4k Dolby Vision titles on VUDU?

I have an Apple 4k TV but the VUDU app doesn't play 4k UHD movies even if you redeem or buy a 4k Dolby Vision titles on VUDU.

My TV can but I can only get stereo sound - no ATMOS or Dolby Digital plus when I use the VUDU app.

I really wanted to see the new Thor movie & Coco in 4k Dolby Vision streaming but I can't find a device to connect to my HDR & Dolby Vision pass through on my receiver to my TV. Disney isn't currently offering 4k Dolby Vision movies on the Apple 4k TV.

I can't believe none of the Roku devices passes Dolby Vision.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:29 AM   #22
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine92104 View Post

I have an Apple 4k TV but the VUDU app doesn't play 4k UHD movies even if you redeem or buy a 4k Dolby Vision titles on VUDU.

My TV can but I can only get stereo sound - no ATMOS or Dolby Digital plus when I use the VUDU app.

I really wanted to see the new Thor movie & Coco in 4k Dolby Vision streaming but I can't find a device to connect to my HDR & Dolby Vision pass through on my receiver to my TV. Disney isn't currently offering 4k Dolby Vision movies on the Apple 4k TV.

Here is link to a list of supported devices.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:10 AM   #23
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2008
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine92104 View Post

I have two TCL TV's., the 55P605 which supports Dolby Vision & Dolby ATMOS (via DD+) and the 49S405 which supports HDR & Dolby ATMOS (via DD+).

these are 2017 models and both support DD+ and I use the HDMI/ARC input so I can stream DD+ from the tv to my receiver/pre-amp to get ATMOS or DD+ 5-7.1 depending on what the app supports streaming wise.

i suspect the next version of the Roku Ultra (or it's successor whatever it might be named) will support both Dolby Vision & Dolby ATMOS (via DD+) since some Roku TV's (2017 models at least) do support both of those.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:39 PM   #24
Expert Member

Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
Here is link to a list of supported devices.
Thanks for the post but none of those state if they allow Dolby Vision pass through on the devices.

That's the first place I looked & no luck on that blog.

Maybe if VUDU would market Dolby Vision & Atmos devices it would help their cause. It did have a list of HDR devices but it wasn't any help to me.

I'm trying to find a device that would allow Dolby Vision & Atmos playback of Disney titles that Apple doesn't carry.

Why do they make this so complicated? One device that carries all the studios with Dolby Vision & HDR & Atmos Sound support.

The studios are shooting theirselves in the foot.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:26 AM   #25

Jun 2017

Look for the gold bar. That will be the platform you use to redeem through for 4k.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)