Best Anime Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The King of Braves GaoGaiGar: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$67.81
1 day ago
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$37.49
 
The Demon Girl Next Door 2: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: Set 14 (Blu-ray)
$31.51
1 hr ago
Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan / Broly - Second Coming / Bio-Broly (Blu-ray)
$16.83
 
Inu-Oh (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
GATE: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99
 
Record of Ragnarok: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
Tetsujin 28 FX: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$46.39
1 day ago
Lupin the 3rd Part I: The Classic Adventures (Blu-ray)
$45.50
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2017, 03:51 AM   #1
Steven11788 Steven11788 is offline
Expert Member
 
Steven11788's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
193
1088
85
12
Default Bleach Blu-rays

Are they worth it, do think they will all get released or get canceled mid run. I haven't really scene info on them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:47 PM   #2
Imaginarion Imaginarion is offline
Special Member
 
Imaginarion's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
Midwest
6
1450
267
100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven11788 View Post
Are they worth it, do think they will all get released or get canceled mid run. I haven't really scene info on them.
It depends on how big of a series fan you are. Viz has stated that they *intend* to release the entire series -- in 13 volumes -- but they've said the same thing about other series in the past, and not followed through. I have both sets 1 and 2, and have set 3 pre-ordered. The sets themselves are pretty decent, the upscale is about on-par with the one they did for Death Note (so not amazing, but not terrible). They come with a silver foil O-ring slipcover and a silver foil insert (I was pleasantly surprised by that part), but alas no chipboard box ŗ la Ranma 1/2. They each contain around 27 episodes on 4 BDs. Aside from the ridiculously slow pace at which they're releasing them, I'm satisfied with how they've handled the project, but it's up to you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:43 AM   #3
Steven11788 Steven11788 is offline
Expert Member
 
Steven11788's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
193
1088
85
12
Default

Thank you for Replay
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:49 AM   #4
InuYashaCrusade InuYashaCrusade is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
InuYashaCrusade's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
-
17
Default

This reminded me that Set 3 comes out at the end of the month. I've gotta say.. these long waits in between Viz releases absolutely kill me.

Set 2 was January and now Set 3 is October. I can't think of another company that releases anything that slowly?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:59 AM   #5
MOONPHASE MOONPHASE is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
MOONPHASE's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
California
8
507
813
18
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
This reminded me that Set 3 comes out at the end of the month. I've gotta say.. these long waits in between Viz releases absolutely kill me.

Set 2 was January and now Set 3 is October. I can't think of another company that releases anything that slowly?
Well with no HD version available on the older episodes, what else can they do? Plus they don't want it to be Sailor Moon all over again. If the quality is good, they can take as much as they want in remastering it. I'm sure this era the series started it's probably not an easy transfer to HD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:21 PM   #6
InuYashaCrusade InuYashaCrusade is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
InuYashaCrusade's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
-
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
Well with no HD version available on the older episodes, what else can they do? Plus they don't want it to be Sailor Moon all over again. If the quality is good, they can take as much as they want in remastering it. I'm sure this era the series started it's probably not an easy transfer to HD.
Wasn't the show switched over to HD airings after the Ichigo vs. Grimmjow fight? Think it was around episode 167/168, if so maybe we'll see faster releases around then.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:42 AM   #7
rashad30 rashad30 is offline
Power Member
 
rashad30's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
40
1
Default

Season 4 releases on May 15, 2018.

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
KillaCam (03-19-2018)
Old 03-19-2018, 04:04 AM   #8
InuYashaCrusade InuYashaCrusade is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
InuYashaCrusade's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
-
17
Default

I'm rewatching the show on Hulu right now and really wish I still owned the Blu-ray releases. The 480p quality on a 50 inch screen looks so bad, makes the old animation look especially terrible.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:28 PM   #9
Hek_qwerr Hek_qwerr is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Hek_qwerr's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
1
127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
I'm rewatching the show on Hulu right now and really wish I still owned the Blu-ray releases. The 480p quality on a 50 inch screen looks so bad, makes the old animation look especially terrible.
why did you sell them?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:09 PM   #10
InuYashaCrusade InuYashaCrusade is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
InuYashaCrusade's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
-
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hek_qwerr View Post
why did you sell them?
Needed the money. I sold nearly my entire collection of movies, video games, anime and but have slowly been rebuying it all. I only owned the first 2 sets from these Bleach Blu-rays though, hadn't gotten around to Set 3 by the time I had to sell.

To be honest I'm more tempted to keep watching the series streaming on Hulu instead of buying it all over again, especially because I can skip all of the filler.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:46 PM   #11
Hek_qwerr Hek_qwerr is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Hek_qwerr's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
1
127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
Needed the money. I sold nearly my entire collection of movies, video games, anime and but have slowly been rebuying it all. I only owned the first 2 sets from these Bleach Blu-rays though, hadn't gotten around to Set 3 by the time I had to sell.

To be honest I'm more tempted to keep watching the series streaming on Hulu instead of buying it all over again, especially because I can skip all of the filler.
man you aint lying with the fillers.thats where im gonna be hesitant tobuying them
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:04 PM   #12
InuYashaCrusade InuYashaCrusade is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
InuYashaCrusade's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
-
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hek_qwerr View Post
man you aint lying with the fillers.thats where im gonna be hesitant tobuying them
I think maybe 5 episodes of Set 3 aren't filler and then all of Set 4 is filler with the Bount arc. I hear so much hate for the Bount arc but I still wanna try to watch it, just ended up skipping it on Hulu this weekend though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:45 PM   #13
InuYashaCrusade InuYashaCrusade is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
InuYashaCrusade's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
-
17
Default

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B073X8SQRX/

For Set 3 - One used copy for $15.99 and another for $15.90 both have $4 dollars shipping. Great deal considering these usually run for $30-40 each.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:12 PM   #14
Nothing371 Nothing371 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Nothing371's Avatar
 
Jul 2015
Minneapolis
430
872
8
Default

Hiyorinmaru doesn't like soft corners.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:27 PM   #15
InuYashaCrusade InuYashaCrusade is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
InuYashaCrusade's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
-
17
Default

  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:57 PM   #16
Imaginarion Imaginarion is offline
Special Member
 
Imaginarion's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
Midwest
6
1450
267
100
Default

With Set 4's release (88-111), it appears there will be two more sets of upscaled episodes (Set 5, ~ 112-139 and Set 6, ~ 140-167) before the native HD content. I would expect Sets 7-13 to release at a much faster rate after that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:00 PM   #17
gundamcero gundamcero is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
gundamcero's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
US
50
207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginarion View Post
With Set 4's release (88-111), it appears there will be two more sets of upscaled episodes (Set 5, ~ 112-138 and Set 6, ~ 139-166) before the native HD content. I would expect Sets 7-13 to release at a much faster rate after that.
You would think so. The slow release of the Hunter X Hunter sets say otherwise.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:02 PM   #18
Imaginarion Imaginarion is offline
Special Member
 
Imaginarion's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
Midwest
6
1450
267
100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamcero View Post
You would think so. The slow release of the Hunter X Hunter sets say otherwise.
That show is intentionally held back, though, because it airs on Toonami first. I'm sure Viz & Cartoon Network have a deal in place that stipulates the Blu-ray sets can only be released a certain number of months after those episodes first air. Bleach, however, is currently only held back by the time it takes to upscale the episodes. Well, I hope, anyway.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:04 PM   #19
InuYashaCrusade InuYashaCrusade is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
InuYashaCrusade's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
-
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginarion View Post
With Set 4's release (88-111), it appears there will be two more sets of upscaled episodes (Set 5, ~ 112-139 and Set 6, ~ 140-167) before the native HD content. I would expect Sets 7-13 to release at a much faster rate after that.
Viz is just unbelievably slow. The Pokemon seasons have been completed for 10-15 years depending on season and they only put out 2 per year if we're lucky. I didn't notice just how slow Viz was until around the time they picked up Sailor Moon a few years back.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 04:21 AM   #20
MOONPHASE MOONPHASE is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
MOONPHASE's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
California
8
507
813
18
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginarion View Post
That show is intentionally held back, though, because it airs on Toonami first. I'm sure Viz & Cartoon Network have a deal in place that stipulates the Blu-ray sets can only be released a certain number of months after those episodes first air. Bleach, however, is currently only held back by the time it takes to upscale the episodes. Well, I hope, anyway.
I have my doubts about that. Williams Street can be kind of cheap. The only real deals they make are either obtaining a show or movie for cheap, or cases like My Hero Academia and Naruto Shippuden where the series has been out on DVD or Blu-ray for some time now where the company has already got most of their disc sales where anything else they get from it is just an added bonus.

Though Hulu might be another story. (No idea if itís on there or not but Viz does have a strong relationship with them and they have a lot more money).

Bleach has a good excuse of not being a HD series until much later and needs to be remastered for most of the series. Sailor Moon needs remastering and re-dubbing. Hunter x Hunter iím just happy that the low sales havenít made them abandon the disc sales on it like the original series, Hamtaro, Corrector Yui, Full Moon o Sagashite and some others.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:16 PM.