Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The King of Braves GaoGaiGar: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$67.81

Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon - Season 2, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Inu-Oh (Blu-ray)
$18.35
1 day ago
The Demon Girl Next Door 2: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Redo of Healer: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$36.68

Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.29
14 hrs ago
Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Fate/Stay Night: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Blue Thermal (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
Record of Ragnarok: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 07-21-2018, 06:29 PM   #21
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Anyone have the slipcover from Blu-ray Set 2 that they'd be willing to sell? I ordered Set 1 and 2 from SecondSpin and only the first came with the slipcover. Can't be missing a slipcover with a long running series like this lol.
Thanks given by:
rashad30 (07-21-2018)
Old 12-22-2018, 02:24 AM   #22
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Viz's release schedule for January and February seem to be already out and Set 5 is nowhere to be seen. March will make 10 months since the previous set, almost the longest gap between any previous releases. Too soon to panic that they've cancelled the Blu-ray release? Did low sales thanks to the Bount arc kill the future of Bleach on Blu-ray?
Old 12-24-2018, 04:58 AM   #23
Power Member

Jul 2011

I'm wondering if it got pushed back. Because there definitely should've been another release in November 2018 if you go by the previous release schedule.

There's a DCPI number on Target.com. DCPI: 246-12-7861
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (12-24-2018)
Old 12-24-2018, 05:21 AM   #24
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashad30 View Post
I'm wondering if it got pushed back. Because there definitely should've been another release in November 2018 if you go by the previous release schedule.

There's a DCPI number on Target.com. DCPI: 246-12-7861
Wow thanks for pointing that out, I've never noticed that. Wonder whats up with that? Strange.

Found this too... http://dvdlist.kazart.com/queryDVDList2.php3?id=314312
Old 12-24-2018, 05:28 AM   #25
Power Member

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
Wow thanks for pointing that out, I've never noticed that. Wonder whats up with that? Strange.

Found this too... http://dvdlist.kazart.com/queryDVDList2.php3?id=314312
This is proof of it's existence.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's thought about this. I've found myself checking the VIZ media release calendar too. lol It was strange there wasn't 2 Blu-ray releases this year like Set 2 and 3 were in 2017. I became curious once I saw that Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Set 3 Limited Edition had pictures and a release date months ago.
Old 12-24-2018, 05:35 AM   #26
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashad30 View Post
This is proof of it's existence.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's thought about this. I've found myself checking the VIZ media release calendar too. lol It was strange there wasn't 2 Blu-ray releases this year like Set 2 and 3 were in 2017. I became curious once I saw that Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Set 3 Limited Edition had pictures and a release date months ago.
I swear if they cancel these right when things are about to get good again.

Viz hasn't announced the latest Pokemon movie yet either and that's got me curious too. A February release has been the norm for as long as I can remember.
Old 12-24-2018, 08:10 AM   #27
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2007
California

Maybe they’re doing a Hunter x Hunter situation where we get more episodes per release but in a longer period of time.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:59 AM   #28
Expert Member

Jun 2017

Quote:
I swear if they cancel these right when things are about to get good again.

Viz hasn't announced the latest Pokemon movie yet either and that's got me curious too. A February release has been the norm for as long as I can remember.

Hopefully they aren't cancelling the blu ray release. Haven't had the chance to pick these up yet but guess im gonna wait to see if set 5 comes out.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:15 AM   #29
Special Member

Nov 2014
Midwest

It looks like to me that they were planning on releasing Set 5 in November, but cancelled the release before it was officially announced. I'm guessing sales haven't been great with these; people don't want to wait six years for all of it to be out.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:35 PM   #30

Aug 2018
Canada, Ontario

I have been wondering about this also since I have been buying them and eagerly waiting for set 5.

What I'm thinking is, for the holiday season, Sailor Moon & Hunter X Hunter sell more so they wanted to release those around the holiday season.

I don't think they would cancel the bluray release. They did say it would be 13 sets right.

If they were to cancel, than this would basically kill all hopes of Inuyasha/Naruto ever coming to bluray

I honestly hope this doesn't happen since I never watch all of Bleach since I was late in the game to buy the DVDs, and when I got to set 15ish or something they announced the Blurays so I sold all my DVDs and started to collect the blurays haha. So basically never seen the ending yet since I only watch what I buy.

Same with Naruto....really want to watch it but waiting for Bluray news since I don't want to make the same mistake as with Bleach and invest in the crazy amount of DVDs
Old 12-24-2018, 04:28 PM   #31
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

If nothing else I wish that Viz would follow Discotek and do SD-BD releases for long series like Bleach and Naruto. They've already been out on DVD for years upon years, just do something favorable for the consumer and put out SD-BD sets. 30 individual DVD sets for Bleach or 4 SD-BD sets? It'd be such a great idea. There's not a shot in hell that I will ever go back and buy all of the individual set releases and I don't think too many other fans are wanting to do that either.
Thanks given by:
professorwho (12-24-2018), zenpai (12-24-2018)
Old 12-25-2018, 07:36 PM   #32

Aug 2018
Canada, Ontario

Quote:
If nothing else I wish that Viz would follow Discotek and do SD-BD releases for long series like Bleach and Naruto. They've already been out on DVD for years upon years, just do something favorable for the consumer and put out SD-BD sets. 30 individual DVD sets for Bleach or 4 SD-BD sets? It'd be such a great idea. There's not a shot in hell that I will ever go back and buy all of the individual set releases and I don't think too many other fans are wanting to do that either.
Yep. I agree. It's like that for Naruto/Shippuden for me. It's way too expensive and way too many DVD sets to buy to have the series complete.

By the way....I was thinking....could the delay also have something to do with them maybe adding more episodes per set? Maye sales were low so they are thinking of double the episode count? That would be amazing.....though doubtful haha.

Anyways I have hopes it's not canceled.
Old 12-25-2018, 08:03 PM   #33
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuukaa_Sa View Post
Yep. I agree. It's like that for Naruto/Shippuden for me. It's way too expensive and way too many DVD sets to buy to have the series complete.

By the way....I was thinking....could the delay also have something to do with them maybe adding more episodes per set? Maye sales were low so they are thinking of double the episode count? That would be amazing.....though doubtful haha.

Anyways I have hopes it's not canceled.
It's possible that they are adding more episodes per set but I don't feel like it matters. We're lucky to get 2 Blu-ray sets per year, Viz would probably just put out 1 set per year with 50-52 episodes on it. We'd still be getting around the same amount on a yearly basis, so it makes no difference. The price would be a little bit cheaper but saving $10 or $15 bucks isn't a concern to me when it comes to a series that I love. I'm gonna buy it one way or another lol.

Unless Viz learns from Discotek and puts Shippuden on SD-BD then I don't think I'll ever buy all of it. There's too much filler and it'd be ridiculously expensive to own it all on Blu-ray. I'd buy everything up to Naruto vs. Pain and then I'd cut off completely after the Five Kage Summit/Team 7 Reunion. Shippuden falls off a cliff after you see you the backstory of Minato and Kushina. I have zero interest in the war, it's terrible imo. Everyone hates on Bleach and its final arc but I think it is leaps and bounds better than the Fourth Great Ninja War. I'm finishing up my first run through of the Thousand Year Blood War arc in the manga and have been blown away by how great it is. Shippuden's final arc on the other hand... can't say the same.
Old 12-25-2018, 08:04 PM   #34
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2017

If they did SD-BD for Shippuden, that would be lame. Starting around Episode 70 or so, compositing began at 16:9 and 720p. But for the original Naruto, SD-BD is perfect.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:12 PM   #35
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorwho View Post
If they did SD-BD for Shippuden, that would be lame. Starting around Episode 70 or so, compositing began at 16:9 and 720p. But for the original Naruto, SD-BD is perfect.
True but I feel like they'll have to start thinking economically if they want people to buy the releases. Viz really screwed up by not releasing the series on Blu-ray starting with Set 5 back in the day. Maybe they couldn't have because of Japan's restrictions or whatever, who knows. Shippuden will be complete on DVD soon and I can't imagine too many people will be dying to drop another few thousand dollars to rebuy in HD.

I wouldn't be shocked if Shippuden never saw a full Blu-ray release. All I want is the original Naruto and I'll be a happy camper.
Thanks given by:
zenpai (12-25-2018)
Old 12-25-2018, 09:17 PM   #36
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2017

There’s only one country with Shippuden on BD- Germany. They also have OG Naruto on SD-BD but sadly it’s PAL (25fps at 576i). Nor are there any English subs.

But yeah. I doubt we’ll get Shippuden on BD anytime soon (if ever).
Old 01-03-2019, 02:35 AM   #37
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Viz's March releases have been announced and Set 5 is nowhere to be seen again. It'll be 11 months without a release come April. I'm leaning towards these sets being canned at this point. Either completely cancelled or they'll pull a Hunter X Hunter and release 50 episode sets once per year. Time will tell.
Thanks given by:
zenpai (01-03-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 03:51 AM   #38

Aug 2018
Canada, Ontario

Quote:
Viz's March releases have been announced and Set 5 is nowhere to be seen again. It'll be 11 months without a release come April. I'm leaning towards these sets being canned at this point. Either completely cancelled or they'll pull a Hunter X Hunter and release 50 episode sets once per year. Time will tell.
So I contacted Viz, and this is what they told me:

"Hi ______, thank you for your continued support of Bleach! We have no word on Bleach Blu-ray Set 5 but we'll be sure to let fans know if that changes in the future. Have a great day!"

So yeah....man I really hope it's not cancelled. I really want to have the complete series
Old 01-04-2019, 02:02 PM   #39
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuukaa_Sa View Post
So I contacted Viz, and this is what they told me:

"Hi ______, thank you for your continued support of Bleach! We have no word on Bleach Blu-ray Set 5 but we'll be sure to let fans know if that changes in the future. Have a great day!"

So yeah....man I really hope it's not cancelled. I really want to have the complete series
Probably just an automated cookie cutter response, that's lame. This doesn't bode well for the series at all. If there's nothing announced by this summer then I'm gonna consider it cancelled, seeing as we'll know Viz's fall releases by then.

I'm still holding out hope that they do what was done for Hunter X Hunter but I'm not very optimistic, this is Viz we're talking about here. Hopefully this doesn't completely turn them off from doing the original Naruto and InuYasha down the road.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:49 AM   #40

Aug 2018
Canada, Ontario

Quote:
Probably just an automated cookie cutter response, that's lame. This doesn't bode well for the series at all. If there's nothing announced by this summer then I'm gonna consider it cancelled, seeing as we'll know Viz's fall releases by then.

I'm still holding out hope that they do what was done for Hunter X Hunter but I'm not very optimistic, this is Viz we're talking about here. Hopefully this doesn't completely turn them off from doing the original Naruto and InuYasha down the road.
You know what annoys me. It clearly has to do with low sales.
I know pretty much everyone on here supports media and actually buys it.
It's unfortunate that so many others don't and expect everything for free. This is what tends to happen when people don't support the distributors.
Such a shame.....this happens a lot today with a lot of things I enjoy due to low support

I just hate the fact that I'm stuck with a incomplete series basically. I just can't justify buying the DVDs again especially after seeing the Bluray remaster. Also it annoyed me how Vol.11-15 had that cropping issue which was inexcusable......

Anyways.....lets hope for the best and let look on the bright side. We got the best episodes of the series on bluray. 1-63
Thanks given by:
zenpai (02-19-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime