Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The King of Braves GaoGaiGar: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$67.81
1 day ago
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$37.49

The Demon Girl Next Door 2: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Inu-Oh (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan / Broly - Second Coming / Bio-Broly (Blu-ray)
$16.83

GATE: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99

Tetsujin 28 FX: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$46.39
1 day ago
Lupin the 3rd Part I: The Classic Adventures (Blu-ray)
$45.50

Record of Ragnarok: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

City Hunter: Movie & TV Special Collection (Blu-ray)
$46.39
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 09-25-2020, 06:02 PM   #21

Nov 2018

If I knew how, I'd add the DVD volumes for Pokémon BW (Seasons 14-16). They're mysteriously absent from the database.

Edit: Thanks for the guide!
Thanks given by:
BlaizeV (09-25-2020)
Old 09-25-2020, 08:20 PM   #22

Oct 2017
Adrift in Blighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOnAnime View Post

Also uploaded packaging pics for it as well as ones for the Ai Yori Aoshi + Enishi brick set. Took the pics from eBay auctions I saw a while back.
https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/Human-Cr...230/#Packaging
https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/Ai-Yori-...070/#Packaging
I kinda want to go to town adding packaging images at somepoint. In doing so this site with a full database could become the No.1 site for Anime Home Video collectors. Though at the same time I'm not sure that is something the owners of the site would want. I mean the option is there so in theory they do but that would be a TON of images basically of old mostly obscure DVDs lol. Most mainstream Blu Rays on the site don't even have packaging images which surprises me somewhat.

I have only added images for a Rahxephon DVD set and a Princess Yucie thinpack set.

Also yeah those Geneon releases were kinda strange. Obviously as you know they also did a bunch of re-releases that were just the artbox and volumes all in one. Shame they didn't do really any compact releases like ADV, MB and Funimation. Especially since those that got rescued ended up being released on Funimation's ugly as sin Anime Classics line.
Old 09-25-2020, 10:03 PM   #23

Feb 2019
North Dakota

Submitted
To Love Ru Darkness 2 DVD
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Ultimate Collection
Gurren Lagann 03 DVD (Made edits to existing release)

Thanks for showing to look under movies, found the releases for X TV

Last edited by BoscoTheMan82; 09-25-2020 at 10:37 PM.
Thanks given by:
BlaizeV (09-26-2020)
Old 09-26-2020, 12:35 AM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013
Somewhere

Added FUNImations Armitage (re-release) and X TV Series (re-release)

X hasn't been approved yet.

For some reason it won't let me add the Amazon ASIN for them, says they are already used, which they aren't.
Old 09-26-2020, 12:51 AM   #25

Feb 2019
North Dakota

If your talking about the X Remix DVD's they're already in the database
Old 09-26-2020, 01:36 AM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013
Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoscoTheMan82 View Post
If your talking about the X Remix DVD's they're already in the database
It's the FUNImation complete collection re-release. I did a advance search with the ASIN and nothing came up. Same thing with Armitage, except my submission went through for it without the ASIN.
Old 09-26-2020, 01:46 AM   #27
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaizeV View Post
I kinda want to go to town adding packaging images at somepoint. In doing so this site with a full database could become the No.1 site for Anime Home Video collectors. Though at the same time I'm not sure that is something the owners of the site would want. I mean the option is there so in theory they do but that would be a TON of images basically of old mostly obscure DVDs lol. Most mainstream Blu Rays on the site don't even have packaging images which surprises me somewhat.

I have only added images for a Rahxephon DVD set and a Princess Yucie thinpack set.

Also yeah those Geneon releases were kinda strange. Obviously as you know they also did a bunch of re-releases that were just the artbox and volumes all in one. Shame they didn't do really any compact releases like ADV, MB and Funimation. Especially since those that got rescued ended up being released on Funimation's ugly as sin Anime Classics line.
Geneon was king at repacking things, they did it to save money. Also helps when you overprint everything to the moon, that was the main factor in Geneon's demise, they overprinted stuff because they spent too much, and this led to an influx of retailer returns thus immediately bankrupting them.

As for most mainstream Blu-rays on the site not having packaging images, I blame the fact that so many non-anime releases tend to be quite boring. You know, not that good of cover art at times (Ex: Little Women-I didn't know there was only one woman in that movie, and I watched it (yes, I do watch non-anime movies)), bland disc art (most studios gave up, Universal is the worst, they're too cheap to put cars on discs), and no interior artwork or anything special beyond the slipcover in the first print run or so. Many anime releases of today while not as interesting as before, still have a little more to them, and effort is put in. Even FUNimation whose graphic design department has declined quite a lot since 2013 puts a little more effort in than the major studios.
Old 09-26-2020, 01:48 AM   #28

Feb 2019
North Dakota

Here's the Funimation releases for X TV that are in the database

https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/X-The-Co...ries-DVD/8067/
https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/X-Comple...ies-DVD/27658/
https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/X-The-Co...es-DVD/193177/
https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/X-Anime-...es-DVD/111687/
Thanks given by:
Bobo1313 (09-26-2020)
Old 09-26-2020, 01:53 AM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013
Somewhere

https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/X-The-Co...es-DVD/193177/

This is the one. IDK why it wasn't showing up for me, thanks.

Last edited by Bobo1313; 09-26-2020 at 02:00 AM.
Old 09-26-2020, 01:59 AM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2019
Utah

Can we please not have a battle of ego's in this forum... It gets bad enough in the Movie Forums with this very stuff - which is why you'll rarely see me post there. Please no.
Old 09-26-2020, 02:21 AM   #31
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaizeV View Post
Oh yes they do, my friend. I don't know how many they did, but I owned at least 4 of their compact re-release collections.

[Show spoiler]

These compact sets do look very nice. Compare to their first-release-big-O-box counterparts, they're really compacted and save lots of space. I just don't know if the contents are any different compare to the singles though.
Old 09-26-2020, 02:47 AM   #32
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector FX View Post
Can we please not have a battle of ego's in this forum... It gets bad enough in the Movie Forums with this very stuff - which is why you'll rarely see me post there. Please no.

Yeah what's up with the *****y little snipping
Old 09-26-2020, 02:51 AM   #33
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2017

Deleted.

(BOA, I’ll continue your film education in private)
Thanks given by:
The Collector FX (09-26-2020)
Old 09-26-2020, 02:53 AM   #34
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

They didn't do very many compact releases though as you can see here. They had 7 multidisc DVD case releases, 11 digipaks, and 10 thinpaks. Then there were 7 shows where you took the discs out of the case and put them into a non-standard "artbox" to save space. If you wanted to save on shelf space, you wouldn't want Geneon to license the stuff you want because nearly everything was singles, and then repacking said singles into the artboxes come time for the complete re-release. They were the odd one out, everyone else tried to save you space on the box sets. I imagine retailers really hated this, which did them no favors because again, the retailers returns were the main thing that doomed them.
Thanks given by:
vivablu (09-26-2020)
Old 09-26-2020, 03:43 AM   #35
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

That is a very nice list, BigOnAnime! Thanks for that! Do you know where I can find the definition/description list for those different types of boxes?
Old 09-26-2020, 04:05 AM   #36
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

The ANN entries linked in that post and eBay. Black Lagoon S1 was a SteelBook, Kyo Kara Maoh! had 2 digipaks made to look like hardcover books and R.O.D had a similar one pictured here, Requiem for the Darkness had a stackable digipak (think like the first 3 Bleach digipak box sets), Stellvia had a tin that held thinpak cases, and The Story of Saiunkoku had this, that's all I could find. I made that list because I was curious how many "non-standard" Geneon releases there were, like how many thinpaks were there, as well as those bailey boxes (those clear plastic boxes) like the one for Heat Guy J. Ended up learning there were actually a ton of them, way more than I thought there'd be. Also learned plenty of Geneon shows didn't get artboxes or complete releases surprisingly, I don't have a list for that though.

[Edit]Forgot to mention this, but Geneon to my knowledge never made a new disc, ever, save for something like the Trigun Remix singles which also fixed them using the same OP on every episode on the original DVDs. BTW, FUNi repeated that same mistake on their 2010 set, and then fixed it on the Anime Classics release. They also may have made new discs for the Signature Series line (those have different disc art, they're just a completely red disc (no red case though, wasted opportunity)), but I doubt it.

Last edited by BigOnAnime; 09-26-2020 at 04:24 AM.
Thanks given by:
vivablu (09-26-2020)
Old 09-27-2020, 10:58 AM   #37

Oct 2017
Adrift in Blighty

A few more added

[Bandai Ent.]
  • Galaxy Angel AA Vols 2,3,4
  • Ghost Slayer Ayashi Part 1 + Complete Collection
  • Girl Who Leapt Through Space Vols 2,3
  • Gurren Lagann 02

Gurren Lagann's volume releases were a mess back in the day. And the editions on here kind of reflect that. There are a couple of things missing still so I guess I need to fill that in. But damn what an absolute clusterf**k Bandai made of putting that show out. There are sub only editions, there are dual audio editions, there are special editions and it just never ends lol. I get the impression they were in too much of a rush to get the show out after ADV had to cancel their version. That or they something underestimated the show's selling potential. I mean they released the show sub only and dual audio within the same 12 months. Crazy.

Last edited by BlaizeV; 09-27-2020 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-27-2020, 06:36 PM   #38

Mar 2010

Could someone add the Japanese Gun x Sword Blu-ray release? I can provide pictures and info on it if needed.
Old 09-27-2020, 06:58 PM   #39

Oct 2017
Adrift in Blighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku77 View Post
Could someone add the Japanese Gun x Sword Blu-ray release? I can provide pictures and info on it if needed.
Done, but won't be up until tomorrow. Also you'll need to fill in video and audio information.
Thanks given by:
Zaku77 (09-27-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 07:16 PM   #40

Oct 2017
Adrift in Blighty

A few more Bandai titles added

[Bandai Ent.]
  • .hack//Root Special Editions Vol.1, Vol.3, Vol.6
  • Hoop Days Zones 1,2,3
  • Hoop Days Complete Collection

I also fixed the release dates on a ton of titles which means now when you sort Bandai DVDs by release date they are closer to being in the correct order.

Anyway I've slowed down on adding stuff these last few days, just finished LotGH so I was alittle distracted with that.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime