Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Black Adam (iTunes)
$12.99

Buddy Comedy Pack (iTunes)
$19.99

Waterworld (iTunes)
$4.99

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (iTunes)
$4.99

Double Indemnity (iTunes)
$4.99

Must-Watch Comedy 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Must-Watch Classics 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Must-Watch Sci-Fi 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

The Finest Hours (iTunes)
$4.99

Must-Watch Movies Of Our Time 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Patriot Games (iTunes)
$4.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 02-28-2018, 02:22 AM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2015
Default Locked out of Flixster UK

Whenever I open Flixster I keep getting the Flixster has closed please use VUDU message. But I'm in the UK but it's still giving me this message. When I use TunnelBear and pick a UK server I can access my Flixster movies but without it it doesn't allow me to even though my standard IP address is for the UK. I have connected my UV account to VUDU to take advantage of Movies Anywhere but surely it can't be blocking me for that? Otherwise the VPN would also meet a similar roadblock. Any suggestions?
Old 02-28-2018, 09:05 AM   #2

Sep 2017
England

Can you verify you're using www.flixstervideo.com ?

I've just gone on to the site and it works fine (aside from being a terrible service). If that still doesn't work who's your ISP? Could be perhaps your IP was updated by ISP and location isn't set correctly thus blocking you.

Nevermind. Happening for me too now. What on earth.

Contacting support right away. They updated the site but not correctly put in geo-location-detection. For myself only popsup half the time. Could be automatic based on token of Vudu being linked to UV and Flixster got a list of accounts. From looking at the new support pages it seems stuff is still being changed.

Last edited by IronSoldier; 02-28-2018 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:35 AM   #3

Sep 2017
England

To update. Seems like this has been on the site for awhile but slightly modified yesterday. At come point you used a VPN and had Flixster open. The cookie logged US and as a result you saw that. Ctrl+F5 should clear the cookies and fix the issue.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:15 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronSoldier View Post
Can you verify you're using www.flixstervideo.com ?

I've just gone on to the site and it works fine (aside from being a terrible service). If that still doesn't work who's your ISP? Could be perhaps your IP was updated by ISP and location isn't set correctly thus blocking you.

Nevermind. Happening for me too now. What on earth.

Contacting support right away. They updated the site but not correctly put in geo-location-detection. For myself only popsup half the time. Could be automatic based on token of Vudu being linked to UV and Flixster got a list of accounts. From looking at the new support pages it seems stuff is still being changed.
Yes I click on that link and it takes me to the Flixster has shut down please go to VUDU link. Same for the mobile app.

Edit: also deleted history and cookies but still getting the same message
Old 03-01-2018, 02:24 PM   #5

Sep 2017
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviegeek1992 View Post
Yes I click on that link and it takes me to the Flixster has shut down please go to VUDU link. Same for the mobile app.

Have you tried another browser?
Old 03-01-2018, 02:51 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2015

Quote:
Have you tried another browser?
Not yet but I tried another device and the app there also redirects to that VUDU message and that's before I've even signed in or anything.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:53 PM   #7

Sep 2017
England

Ah. Best contacting support then. Must be your IP address that gets flagged for the cookie and as a result redirected.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:07 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2015

Quote:
Ah. Best contacting support then. Must be your IP address that gets flagged for the cookie and as a result redirected.
Thanks. Do you have the contact details for them?

I doubt it's my IP address as using the VPN set to UK also brings up the VUDU message. I switched the VPN to Australia and when I open the app it actually asks me which country I'm from and when I click on United Kingdom it says your location is not currently supported, now I'm not sure if that means UK is not supported or you're using an Australian IP address so its not supported.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:39 PM   #9

Sep 2017
England

Quote:
Thanks. Do you have the contact details for them?

I doubt it's my IP address as using the VPN set to UK also brings up the VUDU message. I switched the VPN to Australia and when I open the app it actually asks me which country I'm from and when I click on United Kingdom it says your location is not currently supported, now I'm not sure if that means UK is not supported or you're using an Australian IP address so its not supported.
That is truly bizarre.

https://digitalsupport.warnerbros.co...b/requests/new

That should give a form to contact them. Or you can just email: uvsupport@warnerbros.com

Should get a reply within 12 hours. Live chat is dead it seems
Old 03-01-2018, 03:47 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2015

Quote:
That is truly bizarre.

https://digitalsupport.warnerbros.co...b/requests/new

That should give a form to contact them. Or you can just email: uvsupport@warnerbros.com

Should get a reply within 12 hours. Live chat is dead it seems
Thanks, I've shot them an email. I wonder just how long the studios are going to keep dragging their feet before they announce Movies Anywhere for us here. Even if it were working Flixster isn't the greatest player in the world
Old 03-01-2018, 05:42 PM   #11

Sep 2017
England

Quote:
Thanks, I've shot them an email. I wonder just how long the studios are going to keep dragging their feet before they announce Movies Anywhere for us here. Even if it were working Flixster isn't the greatest player in the world
I suspect it may be end of this year or start of next at the earliest. No doubt they'll want to see how MA does longer term and some studios still resist it + disney code issues. I continue contacting support and each studio weekly about the state of digital licenses plus send an email to the CEO/a studio director about it. To bring M.A here all they need to do remove a line of code stopping linking to UK account and the flow up to M.A. It wouldn't be hard and may take a week or so testing/checking the flow. The bigger problem is relicensing everything as well as the content which has a different distributor. Plus how they wish to backdate all our UV titles. They'd have to link to Flixster which would be a slightly longer task
Old 03-02-2018, 10:24 AM   #12

Mar 2013

They could also do an import from UV.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:57 PM   #13
Special Member

Jul 2008

Quote:

I just think they not setup the front page correctly. No one from the UK should be locked out.

When I saw that when I went to https://www.flixstervideo.com/ I also noticed redeem and my collection links up top. Just click on the redeem or my collection and it will take you to your collection and the redeem page and they work as normal.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:52 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazeruk View Post
I just think they not setup the front page correctly. No one from the UK should be locked out.

When I saw that when I went to https://www.flixstervideo.com/ I also noticed redeem and my collection links up top. Just click on the redeem or my collection and it will take you to your collection and the redeem page and they work as normal.
Clicking on flixstervideo.com redirects me to flixstervideo.com/collection/migrate instead
Old 03-03-2018, 05:36 PM   #15
Power Member

May 2007
Massachusetts

Try launching your browser in incognito mode. I have to do this even when connecting to flixster on a vpn. I think it must have some cookies from the us site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2018, 02:51 PM   #16
Special Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
Clicking on flixstervideo.com redirects me to flixstervideo.com/collection/migrate instead
Ok I just spotted it takes me there as well but you can still ignore it and click on redeem and my collection links next to the flixstervideo logo up top and view the redeem page and collection page as normal.

If its stopping you then I can't answer why since when I click redeem I get the UK list which currently has listed on the first line of the redeem page:
Star is born
Strike: Volume 3
Dunkirk
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Wonder Woman

and my collection takes me to my collection page which shows me
My Collection (643)
Your Collection is linked to UltraViolet™ and then my list of movies

Last edited by stargazeruk; 03-05-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:45 AM   #17
Expert Member

Jun 2012
Liverpool, UK

This is not working for me either, Flixster Video app on my phone is logged in and all of my collection is there, but when I click on profile it shows my email address and 'USA' underneath it. Browsing to the page incognito shows me the UK redeem page but when I try to log in it says it's discontinued for USA. This is happening in Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Safari on my phone.

Did anyone contact support yet? Or have a reply from them?

Last edited by Justin101; 08-02-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:36 AM   #18
Expert Member

Nov 2009

every Streaming /Digital Service is bizarre. To much Trouble all the time with log-in, update, shut-down, blocked... im seriously exhausted. To slow Internet, Trouble with any-kind of cablecom-Service. TOO MUCH TIME WASTING all the time

Only DVD/blu/4K Disc's works for me!
Thanks given by:
dublinbluray108 (10-13-2018), Justin101 (08-02-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 12:39 PM   #19

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
...when I try to log in it says it's discontinued for USA. This is happening in Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Safari on my phone.
Just to check if its the same issue I had, what is the region listed for your UV account in the Ultraviolet website? (myuv.com)

I ask because I believe they started locking out accounts linked to US UV libraries, regardless of where you set up your Flixster account. Basically, if you initially set up your UV account to use on Vudu or any US-based service, your UV library is US-region forever and you’re locked outta Flixster.

I had to open a new UV library through a new foreign Flixster account and merge my old UV library with it. ‘twas a pain~ :/
Old 08-02-2018, 01:46 PM   #20
Expert Member

Jun 2012
Liverpool, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentythird View Post
Just to check if its the same issue I had, what is the region listed for your UV account in the Ultraviolet website? (myuv.com)

I ask because I believe they started locking out accounts linked to US UV libraries, regardless of where you set up your Flixster account. Basically, if you initially set up your UV account to use on Vudu or any US-based service, your UV library is US-region forever and you’re locked outta Flixster.

I had to open a new UV library through a new foreign Flixster account and merge my old UV library with it. ‘twas a pain~ :/
It says GB on my account location;

And on linked services it has the following;

WB Movies All Access or Flixster Video Linked
You have linked WB Movies All Access or Flixster Video to your UltraViolet Library. WB Movies All Access or Flixster Video and UltraViolet may share information regarding your Library, including your movies and TV shows.

I've emailed support and they have replied just to say that they will look into it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)